ERIE-LASALLE BODY SHOP & CAR CARE CENTER

Founded 1934 • With Angi since November 2005

1005 W. Huron St

Chicago, IL 60642

A State-of-the-Art Collision repair facility. Family owned for over 80 years, recently moved one mile west to an ultra modern location. Same Family owned and operated business. Intelligent, Professional Repair and Claims Service since 1934. Insurance claims specialists, free shuttle, 24 hour

04/28/2022

Nancy K.

This was one of the craziest experiences I’ve ever had w/ a business let alone a family-business. PROS: • They worked on the 3 things I asked them to do (replace the driver side mirror, install license plate frames, and buff a panel). • Matt stepped-up when Jay forgot about my work order. • For the most part, Matt followed-through on his word. • I feel blessed knowing I'll never go there again. CONS: • When I first brought in my car to work on the 3 things I mention above, I worked w/ Jay. He said he'd order the mirror and call me within a few days. But he never did. After a week went by, I followed-up. That's when I discovered Jay did nothing to progress my work jobs. As a result, (1) I had to ramp up Matt on what Jay and I discussed and (2) my car got fixed 1 week late. • While they had my car to work on the 3 things I described above, they broke the passenger side mirror (which they said happened while they were cleaning it) • As a result, I had to spend my time going back to the shop the following week to have the passenger mirror they broke replaced. • They said it would take 20 min to fix the passenger side mirror they broke, so I opted to wait there instead of dropping it off. Once it approached 50-min of waiting, they told me they needed more time. Since I had to get to work, I left and then returned back to pick it up when it was ready. • It took 3 hours, not 20-min, for this repair b/c they didn't plan into the time estimate that sometimes an airbnb light issue goes on w/ my type of car (Volkswagen). • When I came to pick up my car, they gave me someone else's Volkswagen key. Moments later, they found my key. • They said they fixed the airbag light issue, but they didn't. Minutes after I drove away, the light came on. Since I'm done working w/ them, I'm not going back in to have them fix this even though they told me they did. • They broke my left-light turning signal. Since I'm done working w/ them, I plan to get it fixed elsewhere. • They only gave me a $25 "I'm sorry" discount on the services I paid for.

Description of Work
1) Replace the driver side mirror. 2) Install license plate frames. 3) Buff a panel & fix. 4) Fix the passenger side mirror they broke. 5) Fix the airbag light that went on when they worked replaced the passenger side [this didn’t get fixed it]. 6) Fix the left turning signal they broke [this didn’t get fixed b/c I can’t waste more time there and have more things broken by them]

05/21/2018

Steve D.

Best customer experience I have had at a auto shop. They did an estimate for a paint touchup and finished within an hour while I waited. The waiting area was clean, the girl at the desk was friendly, and they were very communicative about what needed to be done. They took me back to the garage to show me what they did and even the garage was clean. Very nice place and great customer service. A+

Description of Work
Paint touchup

Category auto painting

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!! Was a pleasure to serve you.

05/02/2017

Joseph C.

Very well, the repairs were amazing. Plus all parts and labor are guaranteed for the life of the car. Talk to Ivanka, she's without a doubt the best customer service rep I've ever dealt with.

Description of Work
Body work after a side impact.

09/04/2015

Jennifer F.

Everyone at Erie LaSalle from the guy who quoted the work to the guy who took my car when I brought it in were really helpful and nice to work with. I felt like I was in good hands with people who were not trying to sell more services or take advantage of the fact that I know nothing about the cost of body work. Their quote was 10% less than the other one I received in the City which was surprising considering that they are located in River North. They have a great group of people working in the office who are pleasant and they efficiently processed the paperwork so I could get out of there quickly. I have never had such a good experience with a body shop before. Anytime I need any work done on my car, I am taking it to Erie LaSalle.

Description of Work
Erie LaSalle replaced the 3M plastic bumper guard and buffed out some scratches on the back bumper of my Lexus RX350. The work was done in 1 day and went very smoothly.

07/13/2015

Marvin R.

Went beautifully.. Quick repair, courteous service. Marco was excellent in handling my repair job. I will always use these people fro body repair and detailing.

Description of Work
Repaired a scrape on passenger side rear fender.

01/22/2015

Brian C.

I asked them to change the right brake light which was burned. They said they changed it and it did not work either. Therefore, there was something wrong in the wiring system that they needed to explore. They could not tell me how many hours it will take and how much it will cost. I told them I did not want more exploration work. They charged me $20 for something that did not work. The next day, I brought the car to Cassidy Tires on Canal Street and they changed the bulb for $5 and it worked like a champ! Either the mechanics at Erie-Lassalle Body Shop is incompetent or they tried to loop me in. What a shame.

Description of Work
change burned tail light

06/10/2014

BENJAMIN G.

Initially I had a representative from the shop who did not follow up with me regarding my appointment. I received a call from Jay Gottfred regarding my appointment and Jay was responsive (responded to emails and calls very promptly) and provided a high level of service after that first call. I also asked Jay about having the vehicle detailed and other minor items I needed for the vehicle while the vehicle was being repaired and Jay was able to handle these matters in essentially the time frame they promised to have the body work performed.

Description of Work
Repair vehicle collision damage to front and rear passenger door.

04/10/2014

Pat O.

Seamless and they handled everything from the quick estimate, communication with Hartford Insurance all the way up through arranging for Enterprise to pick me up. The work was completed in one week, I returned the rental car and picked up my looking like new 2012 Honda Accord.

Description of Work
Replaced my driver's side rear view mirror, driver side front fender, and body work on driver's side door after a school bus sideswiped my car on a Tuesday afternoon.

11/29/2013

DANIEL P.

All that Erie-Lasalle did for me was to provide an estimate on a car immediately after a collision. Normally I would not review a provider for an estimate, but these folks were very helpful and nice. Unfortunately, the car was a total loss. If I ever have collision damage or need other work, this is the place I will go. The staff was kind enough to drive me back to my office after I was foolish enough to drive the car to them (it was not driveable and I should have called a tow truck). They let me leave the car in their lot until the estimate was complete and assigned staff to help remove the license plates.

Description of Work
Disassembled collision damaged car and provided estimate.

10/22/2013

Jim G.

Had a great experience with these people. The staff was friendly and courteous. They painted almost my entire white pearl car and it looks exactly the way it did the day I bought it. The work was done on time and the quality of my repair was remarkable.

Description of Work
Autobody work done on my Lexus

09/09/2013

Michael M.

My left side mirror was knocked off by a passing motorist. The collision knocked the mirror assembly into the fender and broke the mirror housing. The body shop replaced the mirror, repaired the dent and painted the repairs. The paint matched perfectly. The mechanics were polite, repaired the work on schedule and drove me to and from a car rental agency. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Replaced side mirror assembly and repaired adjacent dent in body.

08/26/2013

Miriam M.

They were really great and I would recommend them to anybody. The staff was really nice. They understood my problems and got me in really quickly. They took the car on Friday morn and I got my car back by Monday in the evening. They did a great job on the car and the estimate was cheaper too.

Description of Work
I have used Erie-Lasalle Body Shop & Car Care Center for auto body work.

08/09/2013

Arpan J.

From the time I went into the shop to the time I left, I felt completely comfortable working them. The staff was professional, over-communicative and responsive. Gary, my main point of contact, walked me through the damages and the estimate, gave me a tour of their operation, and sent me pictures of the work being done throughout the entire process. His estimate, rough 2 weeks was also accurate. I just had a great experience with them and wouldn't think twice about going back. I picked up my car two weeks after dropping it off and it looked brand new and everything worked just fine.

Description of Work
Erie-LaSalle replaced a the back passenger door on my Suburu Outback. They also fixed the rather serious denting throughout the passenger side.

Category auto body repair, auto detailing, auto repair

06/17/2013

William T.

Smooth, courteous, and responsive from start to on-time, high-quality finish.

Description of Work
Repaired scrapes ane minor dent on vehicle.

05/10/2013

Kwabena K.

The quality of the work was great. But the punctuality was horrible... After getting my initial estimate on a Saturday (4/27) I asked if they could start the work the following Monday (4/29). I was told that the following Monday (4/29) would not be a good choice. They wanted to make sure that I was able to get my car back in 2 days (Tuesday). Therefore, they suggested that the following Monday (5/6) would be a better choice. Apparently, neither Monday was a good choice. It took them an extra day to complete the repairs on my car. I had to rearrange my already rearranged schedule to pick up my car. I also had extend the use of my rental car. That wouldn't matter much if the insurance company was paying... But I was..

Description of Work
Removed and painted over a small dent on the driver's side door.

04/29/2013

Pat O.

If you're in an accident or just need repairs, SEARCH NO FURTHER! We got in a car accident late at night and searched Angies List to find this shop. And the high rating for this shop was RIGHT ON! This shop is absolutely FANTASTIC! My car was returned in way better shape than I had left it! Especially Gary Michalski, who had been working with me throughout the entire insurance process was very patient, informative and very creative in how he approached the repairs to our car. They even cleaned up the inside and outside, it practically looked like a new car! It was going to be too costly to paint my broken door the same color as the rest of the car, but Gary went above and beyond to find a solution and made it work within our budget. My honda has 260K miles and in such great shape after this repair, I can see myself keeping this car around for another 5+ years! Everyone in the shop from reception to back office folks were professional and made things easy for us in terms of handling payments, getting quotes, staying in communication and working within my schedule to return the car to me when I wanted it rather than when they were done with it. They are truly customer centric. I just can't say enough great things about this team.

Description of Work
If you're in an accident or just need repairs, SEARCH NO FURTHER! Auto body repair, frame, door, paint and touch up.

04/01/2013

Ihor H.

Drove over to see them for a quote. The rep reviewed the car and promised to get me a quote in a few days No reply at all from them. Obviously them were not interested in the job. Found a vendor that completed the task instead.

Description of Work
RFQ: dent removal and panel painting

03/25/2013

Jonathan L.

Overall good service, although I may have to go back in to get something tweaked. No complaints.

Description of Work
Major repairs on both sides of the front end.

02/02/2013

Michael L.

I got a quote over the phone. It was good value for me, so I dropped the car off. They gave me a lift to work in one of their cars. I have always been very impressed with Erie-LaSalle. They are one of few auto related companies that I trust. They always provide good service at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
They detailed a car for us.

01/08/2013

SHERYL M.

Erie-LaSalle repaired my car following an accident in which I was rear-ended so I did not pay for the repairs, they were covered by insurance. However, the customer service I received from Erie-LaSalle was top-notch! From the estimate to the repairs, everything was done in a timely fashion, and I even received my car ahead of schedule because they did not want me to have to rent a car. Marco was the best and kept me informed every step of the way. I highly recommend them!

01/03/2013

Jim G.

The gentleman who helped me, Jay, was clear and intelligible, along with being extremely helpful. Not only that but they took my smashed car and made it look like new again (and fixed a few extra dings and scratches which I did not expect them to do at no charge!) Great to see this type of auto service still exists and in a downtown location that is very convenient for me. I finally found a place I can trust and depend on for service and advice.

Description of Work
After going thru a very scary incident on the highway I brought my Lexus to these guys and not only did they make my car like new, they helped me at the scene of the accident, set up the claim and kept me informed thru the entire process. I really cannot express how happy I am with their level of service. Having never even worked with them prior, they really came through for me. Highly recommend Jay.

Category auto body repair, auto detailing, auto painting, auto repair, auto glass

01/19/2012

Joseph K.

Getting in for an estimate was easy. Getting scheduled to have the work done took a few weeks. After we dropped off the vehicle on a Monday, we were scheduled to pick it up that Thursday. The shop never made any contact with us during that week. When Thursday came around with no update from the shop, we called to verify that we could pick up and were told that it was not ready and that we would have to wait until the next week to get it. We had no replacement transportation so we were using public transportation over that weekend and canceling plans which we would have only been able to drive to. The next week we contacted the shop on Tuesday and were told that it would be ready on Thursday. Never during this process did the shop EVER make contact with us, we always had to call them. Finally on that Thursday the work had been completed and we went to pick up the vehicle. The bumper (which wraps around the front of the vehicle) was installed improperly. It was flush with the body on one side and was sticking out over a half inch on the other side. We brought this to their attention and they took it back into the shop and had two mechanics work on it for the next hour. When they brought it back out it was better, but not perfect. We accepted "close counts" as they were telling us how plastic bumpers never are perfect when replaced. It was at that time that we noticed the car was covered with muddy specks. No washing of the car was done and when we mentioned it to the technician working with us, he rubbed one spot and said they could take it back inside and wash it, to which we were so frustrated with all the time this had taken that we said to forget it and would have it washed on the route home. Now over 5 months later, the bumper has moved back to it's crooked position and we are stuck with a vehicle that does not look as it once did. UPDATE! The owner of the body shop made contact with us and he had all the work redone. The Murano looks much better than it did and we received a very big apology from Erie LaSalle.

Description of Work
The front bumper of our SUV needed to be replaced.

12/01/2011

Mark B.

Met the delivery time and came in at the quoted price.

Description of Work
They are a Honda certified auto repair center and I felt like I got better service from a family owned business than I would at the dealer. They meet their delivery times and their shuttle service to the Loop makes it very convenient to use them. Body work.

09/13/2011

Patrick D.

I dropped the car off, they met the delivery date and the car looked like new when I got it back.

Description of Work
Once Gerber tried to bend me over i asked for a 2nd referral from Farmer's insurance. I will be back....i thought your guys were awesome and honest! In todays car industry that is so hard to find i can tell you how much i loved your place. Communicated the whole way.

Category auto body repair, auto detailing, auto painting, auto glass

06/30/2011

Dan K.

The job took longer than expected and cost a little more, but since our insurance was paying for it, it wasn't a big deal.

Description of Work
The shop was recommended by our insurance company to fix our passenger-side door after a collision. They repaired the pillar and replaced the door.

MD Auto Solutions

Located at 716 Grand Ave. Ingleside, IL 60041. We started our business servicing only Acura’s and Honda’s. Through the years our customers requested we work on their other vehicles they owned as well. Now we provide service for Domestics as well as Foreign cars. We saw how customers were being treated at the local dealerships. Customers were paying for work that wasn’t actually being done to the car and prices were unfair to the customer as well. He wanted to change all that to benefit the customer. Since Christoph's Automotive, and now known as MD Auto Solutions has been in business, they have won several awards for great service and satisfied customers, most recently they were recognized as one of the best shops in Chicagoland, by Chicago Magazine, and has also received recognition by Consumer's Checkbook. Our Top 3 Priorities: Quality We employ only ASE Certified technicians. Our technicians have an average of 20 years of experience in auto repair. Value We shop for different parts & help you choose the right application for you. We'll help prioritize your needs, & work with your extended warranty. Trust We've built our auto repair business on referrals. We build a lasting relationship with our clients, and we will do everything possible to earn your trust.

Eliot's Complete Auto Repair Shop

Repairing cars since 1986. State of the art repair facility with the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest alingnment equipment. YOU get 2 guarantees not seen anywhere else.. #1) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 30 days and I'll give you all your money back. #2) If you are not completely 100% satisfied, come back within 17 days and I'll buy your car. But there are more reasons to use my shop: 3. You may use one of my FREE loaner cars while your car is serviced. 4. 95% of the time your car will be finished the day you drop it off. 5. YOU will be called before any repairs are done to your car, or the repairs are FREE. 6. 24/7 towing by calling Jorge at 773-494-0169 7. I'm 1 1/2 block walk to the CTA Addison El stop. 8. If you can find another shop in the area with more testimonials than I have, I'll give you $500.00! 9. 100% of the parts I use meet or exceed your manufacturer's specifications. 10. If you find another shop with guarantees equal or better than mine I'll give you $500.00!

Auto Body Work
    Auto Service
    Auto Painting
    Auto Detailing
    Auto Glass
    Auto Radiators
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express
    Lifetime for paint, body, glass--1year on mechanic

BODY/PAINT WORK, GLASS WORK, DETAILING, MECHANICAL WORK, PAINTLESS DENT REPAIR, ELECTRICAL REPAIRS, EXHAUST, BRAKES AND 24 HOUR TOWING SERVICE.