E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2012

MC6351

5915 S. TROY

Chicago, IL 60629

We are a small family owned company. Our main goal is to help our customers with their needs and in the process accomplish their satisfaction with the work being done. We offer discounts and free estimates in for home owners in Cook County...

masonry (59)decks & porches (30)concrete repair (26)roofing (7)chimney repair (4)door installation (3)home builder (3)chimney cap repair (2)concrete driveways (2)pressure washing (1)fence company (1)hardscaping (1)

04/02/2021

Thomas T.

I and my condo building had a great experience with E&B Masonry. We had various leaks through our masonry exterior walls, and E&B were very knowledgeable in diagnosing the problem and how to address it. Their price was very fair for the amount and the quality of their work. They were attentive and thorough during the whole process, even addressing details that I hadn't even thought to ask about.

Description of Work
Apply sealer to CMU walls; tuckpointing; replace or install new flashings at windows and doors in brick wall

Category masonry

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

03/24/2021

THOMAS W.

It went well. Estimate was received quickly, materials were ordered, and crew demolished old stairs/porch, replaced, and sealed over a three day period. Good craftmanship and communication, and would use them again.

Description of Work
Limestore porch and stair replacement

Category decks,masonry,remodeling

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

12/10/2020

Elisheva B.

Mike and Eddie were great. They arrived on the days they said they would arrive and they were on time. The new sidewalk looks great. When I told them I needed them to come back to clean up they did it the same day. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of several panels of a Sidewalk

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/16/2020

Nichole M.

Mike, Eddie, and their team were great. From the beginning communication was easy and Mike was easy to get ahold of when we had questions regarding materials and details in the estimate he sent us. We actually had them quote us a few years back, but had to hold off on the work due to multiple home repairs. They gave us a new estimate, for a small increase, which I really respected given the 4 years that had passed and the amount of work they had on their schedule. We had a couple of other companies come out and quote us and E & B gave us a middle ground price, but with plenty of detail to back it up. We ended up deciding to do composite deck floorboards with a wood railing. After they began demo my husband realized that even though we had planned to hold off on having our back sidewalk re-poured to slope away from the house it wouldn't be possible since two of the staircase footers would have to sit on top of it. We asked if they could add give us an estimate on one sidewalk from the back of the house to the alley. After some back and forth on the height and slope of the sidewalk, they got started on that the next day. We also decided that we might as well replace our sliding door that has been giving us issues and Eddie ordered that immediately for us. Everyone was respectful about our space, worked hard, and whenever we had questions they stopped work until we had it resolved. They cleaned up after themselves and made sure to come back to finish up a few minor details. They also came back two weeks later when the sliding door wouldn't lock. They didn't leave us hanging after the majority/all of the job was done, which had happened to us once before. I trust them enough to work with them again when we're ready to tackle the next thing on our bungalow fix-it list.

Description of Work
Back deck rebuild, sliding door replacement and partial sidewalk pour

Category concrete repair,decks,home builders,doors

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38952774

09/10/2020

Bob S.

Mike was very pleasant on the phone, and flexible with scheduling. Eddie was prompt for meetings and easy to work with. Christian and his crew did a nice job. They were very detailed and thorough, and made sure everything looked professional. You could tell they took pride in their work. I definitely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Back porch remodel

Category decks

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38865987

08/05/2020

Justin G.

Extremely well. The old 4'x4' deck was gone before we knew it and the new 6'x4' deck was completed efficiently and under the expected timeframe. Very happy we could fit into their schedule so soon as the old deck was becoming a safety hazard. Huge thanks to the workers and the hours they put in.

Description of Work
Deck Teardown and Rebuild

Category decks

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38775689

07/25/2020

Mary M.

If I could give this company higher than an A, I would. This was the best contractor experience I have ever had. The work they did is top notch. Not only do I have a sturdy, functional porch, but it looks fantastic too, and it was built to code. The porch faces the alley which is also a big neighborhood walking pathway. During Covid, numerous people have socially-distanced-stopped and complimented their work. I have already provided this company's information to people. Mike and Eddie were immediately responsive to my message asking for a quote and very timely in the whole process from meeting with me, providing me with a bid and answering questions. During our first phone conversation, they told me that they would build me a great porch and that I would be very happy with their work. They were right! Their price was consistent with other bids, and was more comprehensive in that they provided me with requested information regarding obtaining drawings and making sure it was to code. The were communicative, on time, nice, efficient and neat. They were also concerned that I was happy with the porch and asked me to let them know of any punchlist items. There were just a few very minor tweaks I asked for, and they came out immediately. I cannot say enough positive things about this company. It would be a pleasure to work with them again.

Description of Work
New porch at back door entry on a 100 year-old Chicago bungalow

Category decks,home builders

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

07/22/2020

Fangchao M.

This was the second time we worked with Michael and Eddie; they worked on the north side of the wall for our house about 3 years ago. Because of the excellent results, we hired them again to repair the south side wall. Manny and his crew again did an excellent job, they completed all the jobs described in the contract to our satisfaction. I will definitely be a return customer.

Description of Work
Rebuild parapet wall, copping and flashing, tuckpointing

Category masonry,roofing,home builders

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

05/18/2020

Benia S.

The proprietor indicated that he does not service the South Side of Chicago.

Description of Work
Chimney Cap Replacement

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

This lead came thru Home Advisors we service the southwest area of the south side and accept leads from Angie'[Member Information Removed] List. We work in Hyde Park also. We do not advertise on Home advisers web site Also we are currently working at 5423 [Member Information Removed] Rutherford [Member Information Removed]. I mentioned to this customer that we do not work in her area. Not the entire south side.

03/29/2020

Donald V.

Perfect, we asked them to correct the bad job that was done by another contractor and they did an excellent job. Very professional.

Description of Work
Back porch stairs and landing

Category decks,masonry

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

landscaping, hardscaping & brick pavers

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.

How is E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. overall rated?

E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What days are E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. open?

E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. is open:

What payment options does E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. provide

E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Does E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offer emergency services?

Yes, E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. ?

Yes, E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offer?

E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. offers the following services: We are a very ethical company providing good quality services involving masonry in general. We specialize in brick,block,stone, fireplaces, chimney liners,chimney repairs, glass block, parapet walls, tuckpointing, water proofing, and window sill repairs. We not only provide masonry services, we also provide concrete, roofing, demo, and drywall services with competitive and quality service to our clients. Work provide estimates for all Home Owners in Cook County

Are there any services E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc. does not offer?

landscaping, hardscaping & brick pavers