E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.

Founded 2007 • With Angi since July 2012

We are a small family owned company. Our main goal is to help our customers with their needs and in the process accomplish their satisfaction with the work being done. We offer discounts and free estimates in for home owners in Cook County...

A Service Provider's profile image

+13 more images

masonry (60)decks & porches (32)concrete repair (27)roofing (7)door installation (4)chimney repair (4)home builder (3)chimney cap repair (2)concrete driveways (2)pressure washing (1)fence company (1)hardscaping (1)

09/11/2022

Ingrid W.

The work completed to rebuild my entire brick and concrete porch speaks for itself. It is OUTSTANDING!!! E & B Masonary are very professional, easy to work with and takes great pride in their work!!! They did not overcharge the work for this project. They cleaned up after the work was finished, made every effort to answer all my questions, and obtained good brick samples for my approval before the start of the project!!! I have other work needed to be completed on my property and will not hesitate to use this company again!!!!! Everyone loves our new porch!!!!!

Description of Work
This company demolished and rebuilt my brick porch and concrete step!!!

Category concrete repair, decks, masonry

Work Completed On 09/10/2022

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 39867740

06/05/2022

Maggie C.

Fantastic- EB Masonry delivered on constructing our back yard project (a low lying platform deck). We priced out several options and they were the most affordable. They were great communicators and stayed true to our timelines. We hired them to do an additional project (a garage party door) and were not disappointed!!

Description of Work
Low Platform Deck

Category decks, doors

Work Completed On 03/25/2022

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 39755754

We want to thank [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to post this review of our services and the pictures.

04/02/2021

Thomas T.

I and my condo building had a great experience with E&B Masonry. We had various leaks through our masonry exterior walls, and E&B were very knowledgeable in diagnosing the problem and how to address it. Their price was very fair for the amount and the quality of their work. They were attentive and thorough during the whole process, even addressing details that I hadn't even thought to ask about.

Description of Work
Apply sealer to CMU walls; tuckpointing; replace or install new flashings at windows and doors in brick wall

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

03/24/2021

THOMAS W.

It went well. Estimate was received quickly, materials were ordered, and crew demolished old stairs/porch, replaced, and sealed over a three day period. Good craftmanship and communication, and would use them again.

Description of Work
Limestore porch and stair replacement

Category decks, masonry, remodeling

Work Completed On 03/18/2020

12/10/2020

Elisheva B.

Mike and Eddie were great. They arrived on the days they said they would arrive and they were on time. The new sidewalk looks great. When I told them I needed them to come back to clean up they did it the same day. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replacement of several panels of a Sidewalk

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 11/17/2020

10/16/2020

Nichole M.

Mike, Eddie, and their team were great. From the beginning communication was easy and Mike was easy to get ahold of when we had questions regarding materials and details in the estimate he sent us. We actually had them quote us a few years back, but had to hold off on the work due to multiple home repairs. They gave us a new estimate, for a small increase, which I really respected given the 4 years that had passed and the amount of work they had on their schedule. We had a couple of other companies come out and quote us and E & B gave us a middle ground price, but with plenty of detail to back it up. We ended up deciding to do composite deck floorboards with a wood railing. After they began demo my husband realized that even though we had planned to hold off on having our back sidewalk re-poured to slope away from the house it wouldn't be possible since two of the staircase footers would have to sit on top of it. We asked if they could add give us an estimate on one sidewalk from the back of the house to the alley. After some back and forth on the height and slope of the sidewalk, they got started on that the next day. We also decided that we might as well replace our sliding door that has been giving us issues and Eddie ordered that immediately for us. Everyone was respectful about our space, worked hard, and whenever we had questions they stopped work until we had it resolved. They cleaned up after themselves and made sure to come back to finish up a few minor details. They also came back two weeks later when the sliding door wouldn't lock. They didn't leave us hanging after the majority/all of the job was done, which had happened to us once before. I trust them enough to work with them again when we're ready to tackle the next thing on our bungalow fix-it list.

Description of Work
Back deck rebuild, sliding door replacement and partial sidewalk pour

Category concrete repair, decks, home builders, doors

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38952774

09/10/2020

Bob S.

Mike was very pleasant on the phone, and flexible with scheduling. Eddie was prompt for meetings and easy to work with. Christian and his crew did a nice job. They were very detailed and thorough, and made sure everything looked professional. You could tell they took pride in their work. I definitely would hire them again.

Description of Work
Back porch remodel

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38865987

08/05/2020

Justin G.

Extremely well. The old 4'x4' deck was gone before we knew it and the new 6'x4' deck was completed efficiently and under the expected timeframe. Very happy we could fit into their schedule so soon as the old deck was becoming a safety hazard. Huge thanks to the workers and the hours they put in.

Description of Work
Deck Teardown and Rebuild

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38775689

07/25/2020

Mary M.

If I could give this company higher than an A, I would. This was the best contractor experience I have ever had. The work they did is top notch. Not only do I have a sturdy, functional porch, but it looks fantastic too, and it was built to code. The porch faces the alley which is also a big neighborhood walking pathway. During Covid, numerous people have socially-distanced-stopped and complimented their work. I have already provided this company's information to people. Mike and Eddie were immediately responsive to my message asking for a quote and very timely in the whole process from meeting with me, providing me with a bid and answering questions. During our first phone conversation, they told me that they would build me a great porch and that I would be very happy with their work. They were right! Their price was consistent with other bids, and was more comprehensive in that they provided me with requested information regarding obtaining drawings and making sure it was to code. The were communicative, on time, nice, efficient and neat. They were also concerned that I was happy with the porch and asked me to let them know of any punchlist items. There were just a few very minor tweaks I asked for, and they came out immediately. I cannot say enough positive things about this company. It would be a pleasure to work with them again.

Description of Work
New porch at back door entry on a 100 year-old Chicago bungalow

Category decks, home builders

Work Completed On 07/25/2020

07/22/2020

Fangchao M.

This was the second time we worked with Michael and Eddie; they worked on the north side of the wall for our house about 3 years ago. Because of the excellent results, we hired them again to repair the south side wall. Manny and his crew again did an excellent job, they completed all the jobs described in the contract to our satisfaction. I will definitely be a return customer.

Description of Work
Rebuild parapet wall, copping and flashing, tuckpointing

Category masonry, roofing, home builders

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

05/18/2020

Benia S.

The proprietor indicated that he does not service the South Side of Chicago.

Description of Work
Chimney Cap Replacement

Category chimney caps

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

This lead came thru Home Advisors we service the southwest area of the south side and accept leads from Angie'[Member Information Removed] List. We work in Hyde Park also. We do not advertise on Home advisers web site Also we are currently working at 5423 [Member Information Removed] Rutherford [Member Information Removed]. I mentioned to this customer that we do not work in her area. Not the entire south side.

03/29/2020

Donald V.

Perfect, we asked them to correct the bad job that was done by another contractor and they did an excellent job. Very professional.

Description of Work
Back porch stairs and landing

Category decks, masonry

Work Completed On 03/29/2020

10/07/2019

Matthew M.

They couldn't even find the time to come out and give an estimate

Description of Work
Deck Repair

Work Completed On 10/07/2019

I tried to schedule a meeting at the job site with this customer and he had no time to meet us during the day or on Saturday morning. We ask that the customer meet us to explain what they want to do so we do not waste time.

10/03/2019

Ket Y.

Eddie, the owner, was super prompt with his quote and scheduling the work. The crew was very efficient and courteous. They built an entire deck in a day and a half and everyone wanted to be sure I was happy with the results and were very responsive to my final fixes. Overall, a positive experience.

Description of Work
Building of a rooftop deck

Work Completed On 10/02/2019

09/29/2019

Joseph L.

We were incredibly pleased with the company. We have worked with a number of companies on home projects and NONE have been as communicative and responsive as E and B. The tuckpointing job is well done and we are happy with the work.

Description of Work
We had the facade of our building restored and some limestone repaired

Work Completed On 09/29/2019

09/14/2019

Matthew S.

The project was professionally done. Mike and Eddie were great to work with.

Description of Work
Front porch, tuck pointing, and concrete slab in rear of house.

Category concrete repair, decks, concrete driveways, masonry

Work Completed On 09/14/2019

Review for E & B Masonry & Porch Construction, Inc.  - 5915 S. TROY, Chicago, IL - 38109751

08/12/2019

Adam K.

I had some major work done on my house this year and I went back to someone I trusted: Eddie, Manny and Mike from E&B Masonry. They did a porch project for me in 2018 and it was great. I used them again. They gave me a good price, but I also knew that they would get the job done right. They included me on each decision and checked with me through out the project. I had roofing repairs on my parapet wall where the previous owner had roofed over the limestone causing water building up. During this they found damaged bricks. They took pictures and video to show me what they needed to do. Then they did work on the outside wall where someone else I hired failed to do the tuckpointing. Finally, they installed all new concrete sidewalks from front to back and side to side. This included stairs going down to the basement. They had to pitch the concrete in creative ways and added a new drain to handle additional water. It looks fantastic. I am hiring them to do some additional jobs as well.

Description of Work
Roof, tuckpointing and concrete

Category concrete repair, masonry, roofing, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

08/05/2019

Edwin T.

I submitted a request for an estimate via their website and received a response within 24 hours and was able to schedule it 1 week out. Eddie came out 15 minutes early to do look the place over and do measurements and came up with an estimate about 30% less than the competitors. I received an official contract proposal within 24 hours via email. Mike made sure to do a follow up to address any concerns and questions I had the day after I had received the emailed proposal. Contract was signed a few weeks later after I confirmed that E&B was licensed by the city. Work began close enough to the given estimated time frame (delayed 1 week due to daily severe thunderstorms) and job completion was a little under 4 weeks (there were a few days of thunderstorms that would've made it too dangerous to work). The work crew worked even during mid 90*F temperatures, much respect. Work entailed 5 lintel replacements, a entire front facade grind and tuckpoint with mortar matching closely to original with a 1 year warranty. Clean up was a power wash with masonry detergent. Throughout the process, any questions and concerns I had were promptly answered by Mike or Eddie within 2 hours of sending a text message or email. Customer service, communication and work is exemplary. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Lintel replacement & tuck pointing

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

07/18/2019

Tim B.

The team was consistently on time, and provided a plan for each day of work and a status update at the end of the day. Everything went according to plan, and the end results look great!

Description of Work
Tuckpointing and sealing a room under concrete stairs

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

07/18/2019

Deneen S.

It didn’t. I had to follow up with the for an estimate. They called me back to schedule. The representative came out took measurements and said he would email me the estimate. I was clean in my request that I needed masonry work, windows and garage doors. It wasn’t until I inquired that I was informed they only do masonry work. The rep wasn’t personable at all. I feel like they either didn’t want to work in my neighborhood or didn’t want to work with an African American. They should do a better job with screening if they have discriminatory preferences.

Description of Work
I didn’t get a chance to hire them

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

Hello We appreciate the opportunity to bid for your project. Moving forward, we don't discriminate at all!!! We perform work for people all over the Chicagoland area no matter their ethnicity. As far as your project goes, if we cannot perform the job you are requesting an estimate for, I rather be straight forward and say I can't do it!!! I apologize for the inconvenience for rescheduling but sometimes it happens due to the high season and how busy we are..

05/17/2019

Linda W.

Perfect! Very efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Replacement of concrete front steps

Category concrete repair, masonry

Work Completed On 05/17/2019

04/30/2019

Jesus D.

The whole process was a very good experience with them. My wife and I were looking for one company who would understand our full outdoor vision that included concrete, new doors, and deck. Our plan is divided in phases and needed different quotes. GETTING AN ESTIMATE: They were the first to respond to my quote request. Mike, who administrates much of the project, was very responsive, patient, and attentive to needs. Eddie, who is the boss, came to measure. I noticed he was very attentive to details, patient to understanding our vision, took out his measuring tape and actually took his time to measure. Others simply came, saw the space and left. Eddie was very professional and knowledgable. He immediately understood our vision. Mike offered me a quote and Mike made sure to follow up with me constantly to make sure to answer any of my questions. Other companies took too long to return an estimate. WORK/SERVICE: Eddie came with his team very early and very ready to work. It is seldom to see a company so much committed and hard working as this one. I appreciated how they had teams for different type of jobs. Their workers were knowledgable specialists in the work they were assigned to do while they also seemed to be mentoring new young teammates as well. The stamina of the team was always the same every day for four days. They were very respectful of the space, property, and my family. I appreciated that of them as well. Because of their dedication, I made sure they had breakfast various mornings. Eddie was very attentive to my feedback and to many details. He would come early morning to get my feedback and direct his team if in case I had any changes or additions to the project. JOB COMPLETION: Their work they left was of very good quality. They were detailed with their work. For example, they smoothed out small edges of their concrete work for people not to trip, and added coloring to the original concrete to match to the new concrete. They painted the small portion of new wall around the new door with the same color of the rest of the room. CLEAN UP: I have to say that their clean up work was as much good quality as everything else. I was very impressed on how they made sure they left my outdoor space a lot more cleaner than how it was before they came. MY RECOMMENDATION: I have to say that I personally will be using their services again to finish our outdoor visioning plans. I appreciated their attentiveness, detailed work and am thankful for them being welcoming to my sudden changes of project plans. They are and will be our company moving forward. I highly recommend them for your projects as well.

Description of Work
Pouring concrete on close to 250 sq feet of yard space; open my back wall of the house to install a new door so I could step out into my yard finally; They replaced my house entrance door with another new one.

Category concrete repair, doors