Crystal Overhead Door Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since January 2003

2022 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER! When you want the finest Chicago garage door in the business, trust your home to Crystal Overhead Door, where we know what it takes to find a quality solution that both protects and flatters your home. Proudly serving the Chicago area, including the suburbs in the

2022 Super Service Award

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

Blue with envy

garage doors

202160646
Custom color powder coated door in the Sauganash neighborhood here in Chicago
View project
Blue with envy project

Blue with envy

garage doors

202160646
View project

garage doors (1239)door installation (54)driveway gate installation (21)siding companies (1)

10/24/2022

Daniel J.

Steve did an excellent job. Timely & efficient. 😊

Description of Work
Garage door cables replaced. One had. broken / wore out.

Work Completed On 10/24/2022

Thank you for recognizing Steve. We appreciate your business.

10/01/2022

Mark F.

The work went great. George was friendly, efficient, on time, and professional. Would highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
New door and opener

Work Completed On 09/30/2022

Thank you for the great review We appreciate your business.

07/11/2022

Bridget G.

Eric came out the same day we requested service to repair our existing door. He was punctual, professional and kind - it was a pleasure to work him - he is welcome at our home anytime. He also made great suggestions for ongoing maintenance to extend the life of the door - very helpful. Thank you to the team @ Crystal! Luke H

Description of Work
Repair Work

Work Completed On 07/11/2022

Thank you for the great review. We are proud of the way our technicians conduct themselves when they are representing the company. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future.

03/08/2022

Bradley T.

Great to work with. Technician clearly described repair options and had the work done during the same visit! Would use them again for sure.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door track.

Work Completed On 01/06/2022

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again.

02/09/2022

MICHAEL C.

I needed overhead torsion springs replaced after one side snapped - 10 years old. I called Crystal on a Tuesday at 6pm and the owner answered the phone. Spoke to him for a while and found he had deep knowledge of garage doors and products and I appreciate that. We scheduled for next day in afternoon. Fast, nice! Next day, mid afternoon, no call from tech, I put in a status check call. Original tech was delayed, but they had George, on his way in 30 minutes. Great! George was excellent, explaining everything he was doing, possible options, and when all agreed, he replaced the springs, adjusted the door. He finished up, cleaned up and demonstrated everything with some working advice going forward. Hands down, they're my garage door specialists now and forward.

Description of Work
Replacement of overhead torsion springs for double garage door.

Work Completed On 02/08/2022

So glad we were able to assist you. Thank you for your business and we appreciate your review

01/27/2022

Jerome B.

I called Crystal Overhead Door and spoke with Mary in the office. After a very professional and pleasant conversation with her, she dispatched George to come to our house to provide a work estimate. George arrived less than an hour later (pretty good service, I'd say) and again was very professional and pleasant. He also observed all of the Covid protocols which is very important to us. He gave us an estimate and also provided advice on things that I could do myself to better maintain our garage door. I'm now considering the estimate and weighing it with my budget needs. But all-in-all, I am very impressed and pleased with Crystal's service and employees.

Description of Work
Garage Door Opener Installation Estimate

Work Completed On 01/27/2022

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future

11/30/2021

Bryon G.

Went great! Called for assistance and service was scheduled for the following day, at which time our problem was economically solved by a very kind and competent serviceman.

Description of Work
Garage door opener repair.

Work Completed On 11/30/2021

We are so glad you reached out to us. We appreciate your business and thank you for the reivew

03/12/2021

Michael H.

Company got back to me the same afternoon I requested a quote, repair took place the next day. Dan answered all my questions. I was concerned about the condition of the spring, but he showed me that the door balanced easily, so the spring was functioning normally. Work was completed quickly and the door was working perfectly--and much more quietly! Great job.

Description of Work
Repair opener and check door balance

Work Completed On 03/11/2021

We appreciate your business and thank you for your great review

03/01/2021

Joseph B.

Scheduling was prompt. Technician showed up on time. Did a great job explaining what was wrong and why it might have happened. Fixed quickly at a fair price. Very able and nice technician.

Description of Work
repair garage door that wouldn't close

Work Completed On 03/01/2021

Thank you for your glowing and quick review. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future.

02/15/2021

Arthur C.

On one of the coldest days this year, naturally, the garage door malfunctioned and would not close. Mary took my call for help before normal business hours and Daniel came to the rescue. Daniel was prompt, professional and most of all, competent. He diagnosed the problem and within an hour, fixed it. Kudos to Daniel, the staff and Crystal

Description of Work
Garage door motor gear broken

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

We appreciate your business and thank you for the glowing review. It is always most rewarding when we can be of the upmost help to our clients.

01/09/2021

Sivasankar A.

They did a great job replacing the garage door springs. Gerardo was our technician. Gerardo was courteous, knowledgeable and very professional. I would definitely hire Crystal Overhead for any future repairs.

Description of Work
Garage Door Spring Replacement

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

We appreciate your business and thank you for your great review.

12/06/2020

Patrick B.

Did not hire. Had American Doors LLC do the job. Did an awesome job. Would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Replace garage door.

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

I'm sorry we were unable to assist you because of the travel distance involved. However, we do appreciate your review.

09/30/2020

Theresa J.

They installed the door 5 years ago, due to fault of my own, I called for a service call and the office staff and the technician that came was very helpful and very responsive to my situation. I would highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
Repaired a security lock for the Garage Door

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

Thank you for your business and your review

08/25/2020

William W.

They did a great job. I would highly recommend

Description of Work
Garage door and garage door opener

Category garage doors, doors

Work Completed On 08/15/2020

We sincerely appreciate your business and thank you for your review

06/11/2020

Adam K.

Great! I asked 4 companies to come replace our busted garage door springs. The only company who responded and guaranteed same day service was this one. Daniel was the technician and he was knowledgeable, courteous, and thorough. When the springs break again - which they will - we will definitely use them. Thanks for your professionalism

Description of Work
Springs broke.....again. Needed replacement

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you for your business and your review.

04/16/2020

Giancarlo R.

Fast and great service no shady business.

Description of Work
Replacing the Bottom Rail Of My Door.

Work Completed On 04/16/2020

Thank for you business and your prompt review

04/06/2020

Don W.

Openers were installed in professional manner.

Description of Work
Install garage door openers.

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

Thank you for your business and your review.

03/17/2020

Allen P.

I requested estimates from 3 different garage door installers, one of whom did not show up on the agreed upon date and time. I was able to schedule an appointment with Crystal for an estimate within a timeframe that was very convenient for me. Moises, the technician who provided the estimate, was very thorough and offered some excellent options, explaining the differences bewteen the door I was replacing and the options. As a result of his detailed explanations, I decided to go with a better quality door. Also, I wanted a door with windows. The other company providing an estimate explained that the door with windows would be a special order and take up to 2 weeks to get. Crystal Overhead Door had that style in stock, so no waiting was required. Moises and Dan, the technicians that installed the door, worked their schedules around mine, and did an excellent job in replacing the door, throwing in a couple of extras at no additional charge. They explained every step of the installation, including which hardware was replaced and why. They were friendly, personable and professional. Although the final cost was about $300 higher than the estimate from their competitor, I feel have a better quality door that I was able to get in a timely manner. I would definitely hire them for any future repairs, and would be happy to recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Replace overhead garage door, broken springs, and all necessary hardware.

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

Review for Crystal Overhead Door Inc - 5030 West Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL - 38448322

We are thankful for your review and the opportunity to provide you with service .

12/10/2019

Michael S.

Excellent service. Responded very quickly to request and to schedule. Work performed at scheduled time and good quality.

Description of Work
Garage door tune up

Work Completed On 12/06/2019

Thank you for your business and your great review.

11/02/2019

SASHA M.

Yep, Crystal Overhead Door is actually as good as it gets for a service provider. I called them on a Thursday at 4:00 pm when my 22-year-old garage door would only open 2 feet off the ground and they repaired it the next day at 10:45 am. The woman who answered the phone was polite and helpful. The technician Carlos Nava was courteous, his assessment was thorough and he gave me 3 options of the work he could do (within minutes even sent me an email with the options written out) and explained the options. After our discussion, Carlos completed the work and left the garage in perfect order. My 20-year-old daughter who let Carlos in (I was at work) told me to make sure to give him a positive review because she felt he was highly professional and very nice.

Description of Work
Garage Door Would Not Go Up

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Thank you for your business and your great review.

10/10/2019

Doug and Deborah H.

Crystal Overhead came out to give an estimate on replacing the motor and remote plus keypad for a steel roll door that encloses a parking space with dual purpose trash bin access. They had installed the door a year and half earlier and recommended a motor change. They were very prompt and to our surprise, showed up and worked in the rain! It is so nice to have a dependable working door opener again. We’re very happy with their work and expertise. We will recommend them and hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
Replace steel roll door motor

Work Completed On 09/30/2019

Thank you for your business, and the raving review. Repeat customers are great.

07/14/2019

Babette and Dirk N.

Great! Crystal came out within the time frame given and called ahead when they were getting close. The guy assessed the situation and told us what needed to be done, leaving it up to me to decide which way to go after explaining the options. They were done in record time and the door works great now. I'd highly recommend them again.

Description of Work
Repair garage doors - the door stopped going up and down all the way

Work Completed On 07/18/2019

We appreciate your business and thank you for your review.