Chicago Porch Authority Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2007

5821 N Glenwood Ave

Chicago, IL 60660

Chicago Porch Authority has been Chicago's most trusted contracting company since 1991. We specialize in constructing, repairing, and restoring porches, backyard and rooftop decks, and balconies in the Chicagoland area. From constructing high rise commercial projects, to fixing code violations, CPA services all types of decks and porches....

4.4

decks & porches (50)woodworking (6)deck cleaning (3)door installation (1)

08/28/2020

The came and did a very comprehensive analysis of the porch and said they would provide an estimate within a week. I had to email to ask for the estimate, then it took a coupe of days and they reported a high figure with no details. Clearly they were busy did not want the job.

Description of Work
Rebuild of porch replacing cedar with Trek

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

08/04/2020

Frank and his team did a wonderful job on our garden level patio. They demoed the old patio, removed the old pavers, put up Trex flooring, a new accent wall, and a new fence. It is exactly as we wanted and Frank was a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Garden Level Patio Renovation

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

09/20/2019

No response for estimate. I even called their office requesting one. No response again. Handyman located instead.

Description of Work
deck repair

Work Completed On 09/20/2019

05/30/2019

After second attempt to connect for estimate we scheduled appointment. CPA cancelled and has not called back to reschedule

Description of Work
Deck repair and replace

Work Completed On 05/28/2019

HI [Member Name Removed], Very sorry to hear we dropped the ball. I was out of town for a week attending to some business, and thing sometimes fall though the cracks during the busy season. If you would like to try for a third time, lets talk on the phone this week. My cell # is 773-370-3325 Thanks Frank Shubert Chicago Porch 773-370-3325

03/29/2019

excellent work. Took a little time to get scheduled, but once it was set, the work was done on time, extremely well, and great clean up. Very smooth overall process and I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
repair of exterior strairs

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

02/07/2018

Our old porch, which had been built by a general contractor in 1989, was failing--missing balusters & pickets, eroding porch front & stair edges, front porch sloping. I knew the owner of C.P.A.--he was my neighbor and had started the company under a different name a couple of years after I had the old porch done. Called that company, which told me that when he had left the area, he had sold them t...

Description of Work
New front porch; rear deck modification

Work Completed On 05/27/2017

10/09/2017

Excellent. The new porch has completely transformed the look of my house.

Description of Work
Built a new front porch. The old concrete porch was eroding with holes in the concrete. Replaced with Trex.

Work Completed On 10/04/2017

06/14/2017

Description of Work
I am the property manager for a large condominium association containing approximately 300 units, with a roof-top community deck and private decks up to 2,000 sq. ft. per. This contractor, Frank Shubert, has done outstanding deck work for both our Association and the private homeowners. He is our absolute go-to person for any deck issues whatsoever. We have received nothing but glowing reports. Frank is very honest and can offer wonderful suggestions. Book him early! His work is remarkable and worth any wait.

Category decks,remodeling

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

12/14/2016

Wish I would have seen these reviews as I called Frank. Same experience. Missed an initial appt for whatever reason. Came out and measured for my project on a Friday. Said quote would be back on Monday. No quote. Called 2x to follow up. No call back. No response. I guess its a pattern. Professional on site and I thought we could have successful communication about my project but that's not possibl...

Description of Work
He didn't. Plus, based on all the negative / no show reviews, I don't know how he is allowed to be a provider on AL. I thought they had a policy on this.

Work Completed On 12/14/2016

10/25/2016

WITHIN BUDGET AND IN A TIMELY MANNER

Description of Work
BRAND NEW BACK PORCH

Work Completed On 07/20/2016

Remodeling - general, kitchen, bathroom, sunrooms & patio enclosures.

Ask For Details