CENTRAL SURVEY

Founded 1920 • With Angi since November 2003

6415 N Caldwell Ave

Chicago, IL 60646

Call us at (888) 973-5876 in Chicago, IL, for detailed land surveys from a team with experience. Serving the Chicagoland area for over 90 years... Professional Land Surveyors Performing Land, Topographic, Boundary, ALTA/ACSM and Condominium Surveys for Residential, Commercial and Industrial Properties....

07/07/2021

Gwendolyn M W.

From start to finish the Central Survey staff are not only expert but professional, friendly, and courteous. Gary Demas is the contact person. He is a pleasure to work with. He is knowledgeable and professional. He took time to answer all my questions and more. Kathy who is the Accounts Manager is efficient, courteous and makes the process so easy. They really work as a team. The men who did the surveying were very polite and worked quickly. I recommend this company highly.

Description of Work
Survey done on a townhome

09/17/2020

Nancy L.

Impeccable! Requested the Plat of Survey on a Monday and rec'd Thursday, yes 3 days. The Central Survey team had the sense of urgency I was looking for and delivered beyond expectations.

Description of Work
Plat of Survey

05/01/2020

Natasha W.

Everything went well. The price was reasonable and they did a fantastic job. I would recommend them to my family and friends in need of this type of service.

Description of Work
Plat Survey

01/17/2020

Marion I.

Everything went smoothly. Services provided in a timely manner and documents provided both hard and digitally.

Description of Work
general plat of survey for property improvement

04/13/2019

Harriet S. M.

Second time using Central Survey (two different properties) for plats of survey. They were again prompt and efficient. Very helpful to receive the plat as both a PDF and hard copies.

Description of Work
plat of survey for our house

08/21/2018

Shelia L.

I gave very specific information (an empty double lot), drone photos, address and lot pin numbers and the job was NOT done correctly. They provided for a single lot and a lot with a frame house on it. The office representative was as nice as can be. She had no explanations or acknowledgement of the error only that I had to pay more. I was charged an additional $200 that I had to struggle to get. They made me pay for their mistake. I paid a total of $650 for this survey. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. I feel I was cheated but I needed to get this survey badly so I had no choice but to pay for them to do it correctly.

Description of Work
survey of double lot

06/14/2018

daniel B.

impressively quick to respond to my emails. work was done within the time frame that was promised.

Description of Work
needed plat of survey for residential property

10/01/2017

FREDA R.

They were polite, professional and careful to close gates so my dog would not get out. I am very pleased with with Central Survey. Oh, and within the stated 10 days I had the needed copies of the survey.

Description of Work
I needed a plat of survey for my building in order to submit plans to city of Chicago to obtain a permit for the work. Two surveyers came out spent about an hour to take measurements then let me know when they were done.

05/10/2017

Raja M.

Excellent. No issues. Would use them again in a second.

Description of Work
Needed a survey for our garage project. We figured out that we needed resurvey with stakeouts at the last minute since the alleyway with the old marks was redone. They were incredibly responsive and got the job done quickly. Very helpful on the phone as well.

05/09/2017

John K.

Same day email reply that current schedule was two months out. Did not hire due to scheduling conflicts.

Description of Work
Survey and corner stakes placed for fence installation.

05/01/2017

Christopher C.

Great response from the beginning. Our request was acknowledged immediately and the order was placed w/o delay. Actual stamped survey was received within 10 days of the request.

Description of Work
Requested plat of survey for one of our addition projects.

04/13/2017

Ana C.

very quick response and quick delivery of services.

Description of Work
land/plot survey

01/20/2017

Deborah L.

The gentleman scheduled was outstanding. Listen to my concerns and was understanding about why I felt I had to have the work done by your company.

Description of Work
Re valuation of property. First one done April 2016 / second one done 1/2017. Reason: I had concerns regarding the excavation of property located. Next door from me (2033 West Fletcher street).

10/10/2016

Gloria A A.

Central Survey was prompt (timely) , professional and reasonably priced. We received an ample amount of copies within 7 business days of the survey. The guys were very nice, and walked us through the process as they worked. The boundaries were clearly marked off. Thank you Central Survey! Now we know beyond a shadow of a doubt our exact property line!

Description of Work
Our Church pwned property needed a professional survey. Our church owned most of the lot but not all-so we needed to know our boundaries since our congregation uses it for parking.

04/05/2016

Laura L.

After several attempts to reach this company for an estimate, I received NO responses. I guess they already have all the business that they can handle!

Category land surveyor

I'm sorry, that does NOT sound like something we would do. Perhaps you had the wrong number? We are very prompt with our responses.

01/24/2016

Marlene M.

The company responded promptly to my email with an estimate and again when I decided to hire them. The estimate focused on exactly what I asked for while other companies tried to sell me all kinds of other services at triple the cost.

Description of Work
The company prepared a survey of plot for my commercial property.

01/20/2016

Sonja G.

They were very professional and did an excellent job. They were quick and reasonably priced.

Description of Work
They sent out surveyors so I could get my driveway paved.

11/04/2015

David K.

They rang the doorbell, I answered. They identified who they were, and I had expected them. They said it would take about two hours. They went to work (outside). I went upstairs.

Description of Work
Company generated a "plat of survey" for my house. Two surveyors made measurements for about 2 hours.

09/11/2015

BETSY T.

Central Survey was very responsive and completed the survey I needed in a timely manner. Other firms I called took 2 or 3 days just to call me back. Their price was better than most other quotes. A very minor issue was that I was told I would be contacted the morning of the survey so that I could unlock the back gate, answer any questions, etc. I wasn't contacted so was a bit surprised when the surveyor showed up several days earlier than expected. Fortunately I was home, but they probably could have done the necessary work without me if I hadn't been.

Description of Work
Updated plat of survey required for City of Chicago building permit

07/08/2015

LINLEY C.

I would not recommend them and they did not find for me any one that I wanted to use. They sent someone in my house without me giving payment for the service and I wouldn't recommend them and I could not contact them on phone.They were a little more expensive, they sent a team and seemed professional though they didn't give me the name of the company. And I would not continue using them in the future.

Description of Work
I had a Land survey done by Central survey who did Land Surveying for me and the last time they did that was in the month of May.

06/18/2015

Andrea J.

I called a company recommended by a relative. My call was never returned. My daughter found Central Survey LLC on Angie's List. When I called, I got the info I Needed to make a decision. They did what I was told they'd do and followed the time line I was given. This is my first experience with Angie's List.

Description of Work
Needed a new plat of survey for the property my house is on. I needed to obtain the necessary permits to redo my asphalt driveway.

05/08/2015

Stephanie E.

Called them for a flood plain elevation survey, clearly not what they do, I had several questions that I couldn't even ask because Gary kept talking over me and then got blown off by Gary and transferred to some woman, Kathy Iverson to be specific, in their office to handle my call, a customer came in and he couldn't talk to me anymore was the excuse from Kathy so she would take my info down for a return call. Several hours later I received an email from another company that my info was forwarded to by Kathy, the subject line read: Lunatic Client, from: Kathy Iverson. this is despicable and I will never be a client and if I ever hear anyone considering using this company I will definitely make them aware of this brief encounter. Lunatic Client, never raised my voice, swore or conducted myself inappropriately, had questions, that was all, Gary seemed confused, our conversation was no longer than one minute before I was transferred, which again I conducted myself appropriately.

Description of Work
Called them for a flood plain elevation survey, clearly not what they do, I had several questions that I couldn't even ask because Gary kept talking over me and then got blown off by Gary and transferred to some woman, Kathy Iverson to be specific, in their office to handle my call, a customer came in and he couldn't talk to me anymore was the excuse from Kathy so she would take my info down for a return call. Several hours later I received an email from another company that my info was forwarded to by Kathy, the subject line read: Lunatic Client, from: Kathy Iverson. this is dispiciable and I will never be a client and if I ever hear anyone considering using this company I will definitely make them aware of this brief encounter. Lunatic Client, never raised my voice, swore or conducted myself inappropriately, had questions, that was all, Gary seemed confused, our conversation was no longer than one minute before I was transferred, which again I conducted myself appropriately.

05/05/2015

Kiernan M.

They were easy to reach, we set a time to get the survey done, a window of time and it was done early. The work was well done and completed on time.

Description of Work
I needed a basic survey done on my current property since an addition was done.

10/27/2014

SANDRA & CARL S.

It went very well. I called on a Monday and he stated that he would mail the plat survey to us as soon as it was completed and we received the survey back from them within 5 days. They were very prompt with providing their service. The service and the price were very good. It has been a pleasure to work with this company. The work was done over the phone without having to meet face to face. He also emailed me a 10% discount for being an Angie's List member that he didn't have to send to me. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Provided a Plat Survey.

09/10/2014

Amanda T.

Our home was purchased via short sale, therefore we did not receive a survey plat. We need to install a fence, so I used Angie's List to research companies providing land survey services in my area. Central Survey received high grades from previous customers. On their website you can request a "quick quote". I used this feature on September 4th and less than 5 minutes later I had a quote from Gary Demas via email. We exchanged several emails that same day, and he promptly answered each of my questions. That same day (September 4th) I ordered my survey. Gary told me it would take 10-14 days to receive my final survey, so I was extremely pleased to receive a message from him on September 8th, that his crew was on their way to my house. His crew was efficient, and left the property the way they found it. Two days later on September 10th, I received notice my survey was complete. I called the Accounts Manager to submit payment via credit card, and just moments later I had an electronic copy of my survey via email. That same day, she mailed four original copies of the survey. I am very pleased with the service I received from Central Survey. My communication with Gary was outstanding; the survey crew was professional; the Accounts Manager was extremely pleasant and friendly on the telephone; and the actual survey was thorough. I didn't even ask for expedited service but the turn around time from quote to receipt of the actual survey (six days) was phenomenal and exceeded my expectations. I don't know when or why I would ever need another survey completed, but I know that I will use Central Survey. I will recommend Central Survey to all of my friends. Be sure to ask for your Angie's List discount!

Description of Work
I hired Central Survey to provide a land survey for fence installation.

Category land surveyor

Survey plats for Mortgages, Boundary, Building Permits, Construction Layout, Condominiums, Subdivisions & Topography.......ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys for Commercial & Industrial Properties.