Budget Construction

8037 S. Carpenter

Chicago, IL 60620

11/24/2015

Christopher V.

They spent about 30 minutes taking measurements and discussing the project, as told I would see a quote withing 1 week. Never heard from them again.

Description of Work
Came out to provide free quote.

Category contractors,woodworking

10/29/2015

Lucille T.

I met with Bob (the salesman) of Budget Contruction on September 24, 2015. After making a selection of what I wanted done and what materials, I gave him a $1,000.00 down payment and instructed him to contact me at my home telephone number with the start date and time. I informed him that I would need to inform my neighbor that we would need to get on her side to do the job efficiently. Even though they cashed my check immediately, I didn't hear from them for three weeks. Finally, on October 14, 2015, I heard commotion outside my window and then received a call that we're here. When I complained to Chris (the contractor) that he had not notified me prior to his arrival, he very impolitely argued with me that he had. He then asked me to unlock my gate (heck, they had already dismanteled the entire garage roof by climbing over my steel fence; but, I went down and opened the gate door. I then informed Chris that I needed to remove my cars and even though he insisted it wasn't necessary, I did so anyway. As I watched them work, I saw a mistake taking place and watched as they corrected it just before getting to far ahead doing the job. Once the roof was completed, I noticed that they had not complied to the contract and replaced all the rotted wood. The workers were leaving and I informed them that the job was incomplete. They had removed but not replaced all the rotted wood and were about to leave and had not replaced the facing. It was difficult to understand their broken English but he told me that they don't do that part, it's another team's job. They started to clean up the dubree when I noticed that they had pulled my neighbor's steel fence from the bottom so they could squeeze in and clean her side. The gate already needed repairs because the top hinge was broken off. I guess they figured they could just pry it open a bit more and squeeze in at the bottom. I was discussed because I had noticed two spots where the wood should have been replaced and now the job was incomplete and they were leaving. I was just locking up after them when I heard a truck horn. I stopped and noticed that Chris, the contractor, was returning with the new treated wood for the facing. After he placed the wood on they ground near the garage, he informed me that he had to go get his team and would return in an hour. Approximately one hour 40 minutes later, he returned with one worker. I thought that was sufficient since I had replaced the facing myself years ago with just one helper. I have since been diagnosed with a chronic pain disease (Fibromyalgia) and had made several trips up and down the stairs to assist the contractor. Fufilling his request to open the garage door so he could use my electricity even though he brought a generator, etc. I went to lie down and had my husband watch them complete the job. Upon completion, Chris called me on my home phone and asked that I bring down the final payment. I feel like a complete fool, I should have checked the work before handing over the money. But since my husband was watching them, I figured (wrong) that if he saw any problems, he'd let me know. He had been sitting at the window, on his cell phone, and didn't say a word. As he said goodbye, I started to notice some flaws. Before I could say a word, he pulled off like a bat out of h***. I immediately called his cell phone and watched as he continued down the alley and didn't pick up. So I left a message for him to please return, we have some problems. I immediately called their office and spoke with Dale insisting that they return to look at and fix this unacceptable work . I was informed that Bob (the salesman) would be calling me--no call. Since I didn't hear from Bob, I called again on October 15 at 11:00a.m. and spoke with Veena and she said that they'd resend Bob. Bob returned, unsure what date that was, and looked over the job. Asked what we wanted to have done. Offered an aluminum cover and we informed him we wanted the job done correctly. October 21, 2015 Chris was suppose to return between 1 and 3 pm. He was a no show and no call. Tried his number and only got his voice mail. Left a message at 3:05 pm and awaited a return call. In the meantime, I called Bob who stated that if Chris didn't get this resolved within a week, we'd involve the owner. That's the same thing Bob said on October 20 but at that time stated that the owner would be calling me. Chris finally showed at 3:40 p.m. on October 22 . He looked at the job and said he will replace the wood and make it right. He informed me he'd call Tuesday or Wednesday October 27 or 28! As of today, October 29, 2015, no call--no show! My neighboor even asked me yesterday, October 28, had I heard from Chris because I need to let her know. Of course, I had to tell her no show, no call. She remarked that it had rained these past two days and that's why I hadn't heard. I understand that completely But to me, that's unprofessional. At least be a man of your word. If you say you will call, call. I had hoped that Budget Construction would be my go to guys. Their commercials made them appear as a reputable and professional company BUT boy was I wrong. This job has made me so frustrated, I decided to submit my review on Angie's List. As a matter of fact, that is why I have joined Angie's List. I wish to never have this type of unprofessional work done again. I would NEVER use Budget Construction for another job. This was my first time and LAST TIME!!! If you need photo's, I have them too. Feel free to share this with Budget Construction. I can't seem to get anywhere, maybe you can!!! As a matter of fact, do you inform consumers about the do's and don'ts of dealing with contractors. If I had a list, I would most likely remember, CHECK WORK FIRST BEFORE HANDING OVER THE MONEY!!!!

Description of Work
Installed a new roof and facing on the garage.

Category contractors

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

Mega Stone

Quartz and granite kitchen counter-tops, vanities, desks, tables, stairs, wet bars, pedestals & cabinets.

Peerless Fence

Peerless Fence Group is committed to providing our customers with quality work, service & industry expertise since 1961. We are a family owned & operated business that offers fence products & gates as well as fence repairs. We're the company that residential, commercial & industrial customers trust most when they need a new fence installation. We have 6 locations so you know you have an office that is close to you. Our service area includes the Chicagoland area, southern Wisconsin, western Indiana, Indianapolis area & south into Bloomington / Champaign. We specialize in aluminum fences, chain link fences, composite fences, steel fences, vinyl fences (PVC fences), wood fences and wrought iron fences. Plus we provide fence solutions for privacy fences, security fences, ornamental fences, pool fences and dog fences. Our gate operator division offers many solutions when you need a residential, commercial or industrial automated gate. We will work with you to create a complete turnkey system consisting of a gate, operator and access control unit. We proudly include these brands: Peerless Fence, Tru-Link Fence & Products, The Fence Store, Shogren Fence Inc., IFFT Quality Fencing, Inc., Woodland Fence, Imperial Fence Co. and Gate Options.