Bosco Plastering Inc

Founded 1986 • With Angi since July 2007

2132 W Melrose

Chicago, IL 60618

Bosco Plastering Incorporated is a Chicago based construction company specializing in classic plastering of walls and ceilings and dry wall installation. We serve small and large clients with quality work at very reasonable prices. Over 25 years of plastering experience and all work is guaranteed! Services Include: *Patch Work *Skim coating ceilings *Skim Coating walls *Drywall *Ornamental Work Bosco Plastering Inc. is licensed, bonded and insured for commercial and residential work. Creating quality plastering and drywall is a skill. We at Bosco Plastering have learned the profession the right way. We have learned thorough years of hard work and through the trained eyes of older professionals. Please call today for your free estimate....

07/06/2021

Julia D.

Charlie and team removed the old stucco plaster and added new plaster on two levels. The result is smooth and perfect; Charlie is a craftsman and his work will last! We're very happy we chose Bosco Plastering to replace our plaster and add to the 100-year old vintage quality of our building. Charlie arrived on time and was conscientious and invoiced us for the exact amount he quoted even though the project extended an extra day because of the high humidity during the time, causing the plaster to dry more slowly. Excellent work!

Description of Work
Plastering of interior stairwell for 2-flat

10/10/2020

Sally S.

Charlie was wonderful. Excellent workmanship! On time and very professional. So glad I found such a pro and very nice person.

Description of Work
Repaired Large Irregular Hole In Drywall.

Category drywall

08/11/2020

Caren H.

Received a call back right away. Job was too small and too far away, so no work was done. If I were closer to the city and had a bigger job, I would have gotten a quote.

Description of Work
Plaster repair

06/17/2020

SUSAN S.

Charlie was great. I heard from him the same day I put up my request in Angie’s List. I initially thought I needed 2 cracks repaired, but he advised that he could caulk one for less money and no reduction in appearance. He was punctual, efficient, and immediately cleaned up after the job. I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
Plaster patching in the foyer

Category drywall,plastering,stucco

06/05/2020

NANCY C.

The guys were prompt, thorough, and did a great job on some complicated and not easily accessible spaces in our circa 1900 Victorian house. Would use them again in a heartbeat, and we’re very picky!

Description of Work
Repair of plaster and installation of drywall in a vestibule, foyer, stairway and hallway.

10/22/2019

paul H.

Plastering is an art, and very few people are artists. Charlie is an artist, and did a phenomenal job for us. He and AJ were on time, tidy, respectful, and experts at their trade. I have high expectations (and can be fussy) - Bosco exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

Category plastering,water damage restoration

10/04/2019

Stan G.

Charlie did some plaster repairs on inside columns that had condensation issues. He not only fixed the outside but dug down to the base to fix the root cause. He utilized drop cloths and cleaned up thoroughly when he was done. Charlie even came by afterwards to see that the problem was resolved. I would recommend Charlie to anyone in need of plaster repairs.

Description of Work
Painting - Interior

10/03/2019

SHEILA H.

Bosco Plastering has completed two jobs for me - plastering ceiling that suffered water damage from unit above mine and plastering a large water damaged area under a porch window after new siding was installed. The two areas that were plastered by Bosco looked like new after the work was done. Mr. Bosco worked efficiently and did a thorough clean up before leaving.

Description of Work
Plaster work

10/03/2019

Gary E.

Fantastic. Charlie did an amazing job. My house looks like new. Real friendly guy, too.

Description of Work
Plastering

10/02/2019

Jane S.

Bosco plastering did an excellent job repairing plaster in several areas of the house. They were timely, neat, and explained what was to be expected.

Description of Work
Lasted repair

08/27/2019

Deborah M.

We had the electric replaced in our house and needed the walls repaired on both first and second floors. Charlie came two times - the first to patch the plaster walls on our second floor. He also removed the old tiles from our hallway ceiling and replaced them with drywall, and skim coated the walls. The second time was for the first floor to repair all the plaster damage from the electric repairs, skim coat the walls, and drywall our living and dining room ceilings. Charlie helped us keep costs down by recommending drywall vs plaster in some areas that were in bad shape. He also suggested skim coating walls, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. We will definitely use Bosco Plastering again if we need any other repair work!

Description of Work
Plastering and Drywall

01/22/2018

Jose G.

Excellant work results. Arrived time he indicated. Prices was at or below estimate.

Description of Work
Plastering of four ceiling with basement being the most extensive.

11/16/2017

David S.

Horribly. When I asked Charlie about some details in my ceiling he gave attitude, and complained saying. It’s extra. $50 per hour. He could have been professional and explained. Very rude. I and my partner were shocked at his behavior. As I said, their clean up was bad. And don’t expect them to take out their own garbage. I carried bags of their refuse to the dumpster behind my building myself. Maybe this guy can repair and patch, but a large skim coat job, forget it. It’s not worth the aggravation. Client beware. I can’t do anything about this now but please watch and check every inch of their work

Description of Work
Addendum: this was a 2800 sq ft condo he was hired to skim coat. Now that I have primed the walls, I’m horrified of all the mistakes and carelessness that is shown. Mesh from skim coat is showing in a minimum of 100+ places. Huge gouges in walls high up where I never did any work. Plaster left on tops of doors, tiles in bathrooms, and extreme carelessness around door jams. Some areas never worked on. Didn’t sand smooth 3 walls in my kitchen. I have had to clean up their sloppiness, repay him their mistakes and redo edges by all doors. Took me an additional 2 weeks of labor that should have been done by them. I did go over their work, and attempted to find all mistakes and carelessness they I Posed, but it is next to impossible to see it all when bare. White primer made their errors stand out like sore thumbs. You can see how poorly they did their work.

02/28/2017

Mary W.

Charlie did such a great job! I will definitely use him again! He was very professional.

Description of Work
He plastered a large hole in my LR ceiling and some areas in the dining room.

11/09/2016

Kinga R.

Very well. The damaged plaster was removed with a minimum of dust, all was cleaned up and removed from the house. The work took a little over four hours. Then, of course, the plaster had to dry for about a week and painted, which was done by us.

Description of Work
Old plaster started pulling away from the lath. The bubble had to be removed, a mesh had to be attached, and new plaster layers applied.

10/25/2016

Michael M.

Charlie helped me determine the scope of work needed to get the job done and at a fair price. In the end the ceiling was covered with drywall, without disturbing the crown moulding to my relief. Charlie also helped me find a great painter at the last minute!

Description of Work
Plaster ceiling repair.

10/17/2016

Rick V.

Charlie was responsive to my request for an estimate on two projects. He was thorough in his explanation of the work to be completed and timeline and decided to go forward with his company to complete one of the projects, the second would be done after the holidays. Charlie was able to schedule us in within 10 days and arrived promptly at the time he indicated. As expected the job took 3 days to complete to allow for proper drying between applications. The job site was kept clean and he controlled for dust. The job came out great, the 100 year old ceiling looks brand new, and can't wait to get him back to work on the other project when its ready to move forward.

Description of Work
We needed a ceiling repair and skim coat following the repair of a leaky roof.

10/10/2016

Michelle H.

It is not a surprise that Charlie has an "A" rating and top supplier award- he is wonderful to work with. Came a few months ago to give me a quote and suggested that we wait to get the work done until the demo and major construction was done on the house next to us- could cause settling in our house and make the crack worse. Showed up on time, was polite, complete in description of work and provided a written estimate the next day (as promised). Came exactly when planned - EXACTLY at 8 am as promised. Taped off the work area (asked for permission to move some items before he moved them), kept the work and surrounding areas really clean- even vacuumed up after they finished the work. Worked quickly and efficiently with no disruption to the rest of the house. The end result is amazing - crack is gone, ceiling curve is preserved and the height between the drywall and plaster is now the same - NO STRANGE BUMP! I am thrilled with the work. We have done so much work on this house- plumbing, floors, windows, electrical, new roof, etc... and never had such a good experience as we did with Charlie. If we ever have need for additional plaster repair- we will definitely call Charlie (probably won't need to anymore since the work was done right this time).

Description of Work
Fix cracked walls in living room and bedroom. Walls had brick chimney behind them, drywall butting up against the crack and the two mediums were not at the same height. Additionally, the crack extended to a curved ceiling which we wanted to preserve.

02/24/2016

Donna S.

I contacted Bosco plastering and owner, Charlie Bosco returned my call promptly to arrange a time to view and estimate the project. Charlie was on time for the estimate, was very informative and educational about what the options were for the repair and he emailed me an estimate within a day. My husband and I appreciated the approach Charlie outlined and the estimate seemed quite fair for the time and effort the project required so we hired him. Charlie arranged the first date that he had available that coincided with our schedule. He laid out all aspects of the plan including what we need to do to be ready. He did have another job that ran long, but he kept us informed and was able to start the job within a day of the original plan. Charlie and one of his crew arrived on time, quick set up the rooms to be worked on including taking into account the fact that the dining room is a main walk through for our home. They work quickly to make the repair and had the first coat on by midday. They left both areas clean and organized for the next day' s work. This process worked the same over the next few days. Charlie and his partner were friendly, efficient and work focused, but also willing to answer questions and explain what they were doing, and what you should do/ not do in terms of painting and protection after they finished. The job was finish in the timing Charlie outlined and looked great! We gave since called Charlie to estimate another project and will have him back to do that work in the near future.

Description of Work
Repaired and applied smooth coat to dining room and office ceilings.

08/25/2015

RONALD R.

The project was completed on time and at the cost estimated. Charlie provided paint ready walls. He was the only person who came to look at the job who could explain what needed to be done and what issues we might encounter. He clearly is an expert plasterer with years of experience. The job was completed as we expected. It should be noted that Charlie covered everything in the room and walled off the adjacent rooms to ensure that dust did not spread. When he left he cleaned up the room and returned it to how he found it. He is easy to work with and I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Plastered over existing brick.

05/14/2015

Michelle W.

It was great, wonderful. Charlie was very accommodating with working around other contractors. When he said he's gonna be there, he shows up. We told him what he was gonna do and that's what he did. He listens to you on certain things like how to angle and archway. He told us what's feasible and what's not and he did it. It was well worth it.

Description of Work
We used Bosco Plastering for our walls.

04/23/2015

Justin F.

Charlie and his team did amazing work! The ceiling in my living room/dining room was badly cracked, and they skim-coated it to look brand new. The final result was perfection. My painter mentioned that that was the best work he had ever seen. Charlie was very responsive and personable and a pleasure to work with. I was thrilled with the work and the price.

Description of Work
Skim-coated ceiling

12/30/2014

Donald S.

The job went well. Plastet work was performed in stages and the work areas were adequately protected. Work completed in one week as promised and crew cleaned up all debris when finished.

Description of Work
Repaired plaster walls and ceiling

10/22/2014

Michael W.

Charlie got back to me right away to arrange a meeting. We worked out a plan to do the work in two phases, while I had my furniture moved from one room to another. It all worked fine. Indeed, he finished one day early. I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Replastered my ceilings, which were badly peeling.

06/18/2014

Christine R.

The job went great. It was done fast and very neat. Because he did such a good job plastering the sanding was minimal, therefore cleanup was minimal. He laid drop clothes, mixed all the plaster outside and cleaned up the dust. I am very pleased. I think his price was fair and the quality was excellent. I would recommend Bosco Plastering for any job.

Description of Work
Charlie repaired a bad water leak from an ice dam on 2 walls. He also repaired some ceiling cracks and other plaster defects.

Protech Water Damage

ProTech Water Damage is the top rated restoration company with the Chicagoland area for the last 13 years, our company services residential and commercial customers at some of their worst moments. Our IICRC Certified technicians are experts at handling the job from start to finish, to return your property to the way it was before disaster struck. You can expect an expertly trained professional who is fully equipped to begin working after a thorough assessment, estimate and explanation of the damage. We expedite water removal and dry out, mold prevention and mold remediation, sewage removal and decontamination and more.

Fortune Restoration

Fortune Restoration is a full service painting, tuckpointing, and restoration company that serves residential homeowners from Hyde Park to Lincoln Park to Oak Park and River Forest, and the entire North Shore and Western Suburbs. Commercial, industrial and institutional projects are also taken on throughout the Chicagoland area. Additional email - fortunerestorationbob@gmail.com Additional contact name - Mr. Bob Fortune, Mr. Tom Fortune.

Lilian Touch Restoration Inc

With over 20 years of professional painting experience, we are here to address all your painting needs and or dreams. We do interior and exterior painting small jobs and the entire house. And we offer 10% off for every exterior work for the spring season save your slot for spring season and free estimation

Offers by Lilian Touch Restoration Inc on Angi

New Plaster work - Patch work - Skim coat work-Skim coat over stucco walls. Take off popcorn ceilings and make them smooth.

Stucco - Pop corn ceiling -