We perform recommended precautions and use PPE

American Thermal Window

Founded 1983 • With Angi since December 2001

5304 N Milwaukee Ave

Chicago, IL 60630

2017 Super Service Award Winner in Windows! Chicago area most recognized window and door company for their excellent service by A+ Better Business Ratings- Five Star Yelp ratings-Angie’s List Award recipient.

09/16/2022

Jessica D.

I purchased a whole house worth of Polaris Energy windows through American Thermal Windows in Chicago. LIFE CHANGING. My house's old windows were skyrocketing our AC bill, bringing in water in the rain and didn't function at all. Now I can not only see clearly through them but open my windows. What a concept! With the triple pane glass and argon in between, I can't wait to see my next electric bill since my AC isn't having to work as hard. So thankful for a great product from Polaris and amazing installation from American Thermal Window. Any issues I did have with them were quickly resolved. 100% recommend.

Description of Work
Full House Window Replacement

05/02/2019

Ashley M.

Our condo sits on the 3rd and 4th floor of our condo building and we have floor to ceiling windows with patio doors in each of our three bedrooms on the 4th floor. We discovered that they were leaking in March 2017. We attempted several "quick fixes", but inevitably came to the conclusion that we would need to replace all of the windows to stop the leaking. The company came out to give us an estimate and we signed a contract with them in May 2017. The windows/doors were installed over a two day period in October 2017. We paid 5 figures to have these windows/doors replaced. In the winter of 2018, we discovered that the windows were still leaking from the same spots that were leaking before the windows were replaced. Brand new windows shouldn't leak, emiright? This company sent a Service tech out on Feb 13 to assess the situation and he said that there was oversight on the part of the installers and that they did not properly seal the exterior of the windows where the windows meet the frame. He completed this work and was 99% sure that it would solve our problem. It rained some more and the leaking did not stop so this company sent two service techs out on Feb 27. They said that they may need to remove the windows to see what is underneath them. They said that "we will figure it out" and that they would "try a few things" to attempt to solve it. It was this same visit that they discovered that the concrete on the outside of the window was not level and it was, in fact, pitched inward instead of outward and that was more than likely the reason for the leak. Cue more rain and more leaking. I sent follow-up emails with photos illustrating that the windows were still leaking and no one replied. I finally contacted the company over the phone and was told that the second service team had found that that the issue wasn't the windows: it was the concrete. The rep also insisted that they don't "do concrete" and when I asked if that meant it was my responsibility to find someone to fix the concrete, she diverted to "These are our findings." I requested to be contacted by the Owner of the company and was told he would call me in a couple days. He did not call. I sent follow up emails with video showing that the windows were leaking. I called back and kept being told "these are our findings." Today, the conversation ended with the office manager, Valerie, hanging up on me. I asked to speak to the owner and she said that the owner was aware of the situation but that I will only be dealing with her. I asked why the installation team did not check that the floor was level PRIOR to installing windows and she seemed to think that wasn't a relevant question. She insisted that they have been "more than helpful" sending someone out twice to review the installation and that there was nothing more that she would do. She said that was that and she hung up on me. My final note to them was that they should either: Install LEAK-PROOF WINDOWS or that they should have disclosed to me that my 5 figure bill wasn't going to solve my problem. They did NEITHER of these things. Dissatisfied is not a strong enough word to cover it. I am appalled that a company would treat a PAYING CUSTOMER in such a way. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEIR WINDOWS ARE GARBAGE AND THEY DO NOT VALUE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Description of Work
Patio/window replacement

03/19/2019

Austin M.

2nd time using this company. They installed a sliding glass door a few years back. Brian was on time, very knowledgeable, and easy to work with. Pricing was very reasonable and they delivered several weeks before their original estimate. Will call again for any additional needs in the future.

Description of Work
2 new bedroom windows.

02/12/2019

STACY C.

We've had problems in the past with vendors not wanting to work on our door because it was old, not a standard size and the way the frame was attached to the building. I explained all of our door issues to vendors when contacting them. American Thermal Window promptly responded to my email outlining what we were looking for. I was able to set up an initial visit with Kevin who didn't seem put-off by our door. He offered some suggestions on how they would go about replacing it but asked for a day or two to be able to make sure he could provide a quote. We got a quote in a day with a good solve for our frame issue and the type of door we wanted for a great price. We also got our transom replaced to match the new door. We waited about 2 months for installation from the time we paid the deposit. Part of that was a manufacturer delay and part of that was us moving the date due to holidays and availability. The crew who did the install was prompt, quick and cleaned up after they were done. We had received the wrong type of doorknob and were missing weatherstripping and ATW came out about 10 days later with the new knob and installed all the weather stripping. We would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
New Exterior Door for Vintage Condo Building

01/11/2019

Jacob R.

From first quote to install, they were nothing but professional. Brian was incredibly responsive (immediate replies) and helped walk us through the install process. Was bang on the 6 week lead time they told us. Install was a breeze...the 2 man install crew was professional, efficient, and left the place cleaner than when they started. Would hire again.

Description of Work
Replace 9 windows in a 4th floor walkup

11/24/2018

Connie P.

Everything went well. The contractors arrived on time and did great work. They were also very careful to clean-up. I decided to share this because ever since I had the work done, Peoples Gas has been telling me that I'm doing exceptionally well conserving energy: today's report says I used 2% less than my efficient neighbors. It's true that windows and doors aren't cheap. However, my experience tells me that they're really worth the investment.

Description of Work
I had almost all of my windows and 2 entry doors replaced.

12/27/2017

Sally K.

The job was absolutely terrible. The installers broke the vinyl window frame of one of the windows. They clearly were hoping we didn’t notice, but luckily I put my head out the window to check on the second story window and make sure all was ok. Which it was not. They scratched up the screen frames and in their brilliance decided to try to fix it with caulk, only making it look worse. The caulk around the windows was an absolute sloppy mess. After about 6 weeks we finally got a replacement installed. The supposed extremely energy efficient windows are anything but. There is outside air coming straight in from the frames, which is fantastic when it is currently below zero. They will be getting yet another call to fix their garbage work. Save your time, money and a **** of a lot of frustration and DO NOT use this company.

Description of Work
Replace rotted windows

08/10/2017

Mary W.

Paul came out for the estimate. He was patient and helpful as we walked through the various options. He left me with a quote that day. They estimated 6-9 weeks for delivery but the doors were delivered and installed in 5 weeks! After I signed the agreement an engineer stopped by to confirm the measurements and ensure I understood how they were designing the custom work required on the patio doors. Stanley and Jerry came to install the doors. They used drop cloths throughout the house and did a great job cleaning up at the end of the day. They were very professional and skilled as they fit the new doors and made some required repairs to existing door jambs. They also took the time to ensure that I understood how to work the new doors/screens/ automatic closers.

Description of Work
4 storm/security doors needed to be replaced

Category doors

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your purchase with American Thermal. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience, let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Andrea

06/07/2017

Raymond S.

It took awhile for the doors to come in, and the we mutually agreed to wait for weather improvements, but it all came together nicely. Three exterior doors and 4 basement windows were taken out and replaced in a day. I was very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Door replacements and block window installation in basement

Category replacement windows, glass block, doors

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for the review. We thank you for your business and look forward to helping with any future projects. Andrea

06/03/2017

Jon N.

Can't say enough. Nick came out promptly, quoted a very fair price and the door was delivered and installed in less than 1/2 the time quoted. So happy we just had him out again to replace our living room windows. Even the office staff remembered me and had been a pleasure to speak with. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Replaced patio door

06/01/2017

AL S.

Very well. They matched an existing window and got the work done promptly.

Description of Work
Glass block window in basement

04/20/2017

Donna S.

Nick came out on a Tuesday and showed me a sample window and looked at the areas where new windows were needed. He was friendly and professional. I learned that the company could also replace siding, gutters and roofs and I needed a quote for these as well. He said I'd have a quote in a couple days. On Friday I emailed asking for the quote. He sent a quote for the windows but not the other items which I asked for in a separate quote. He promised I'd have the quote on the following Tuesday. I also decided to replace an additional window and asked for a revised quote. To make a long story short I did not receive the quote for the siding, roof and gutters on Tuesday or the next week or ever. Nick also said he had to come back out to the house because I added another window. He said he was confused. I decided to work with a different salesman who came out and gave me a revised quote. The quote was quite a bit higher than the first one and it was determined that the first salesman had made an error but after talking to the owner the salesman indicated that the original quote would be honored and the additional window would be provided at the same cost. There were some problems with the installation as well. The installers left greasy black fingerprints on the inside of the vinyl windows and on the second story aluminum trim outside. Igor, the installer refused to clean off the trim outside saying, "You clean it; it's not my job." I called the office and the woman I spoke to indicated that I should inform him that he needed to clean the trim and to call her back if he refused again. I informed him and he put a ladder against the building and instead of cleaning the fingerprints off the trim, he took pictures of them with his phone. I told him I was calling the office and he pulled a rag out of his pocket and wiped off the finger prints. After he left, I noticed that he had put a large greasy black fingerprint on some trim on the front of the house. This was on trim he did not install and should not have touched. I did inform the office and asked that the owners be informed about his behavior. I also informed them I heard Igor yelling at his co-worker several times. As far as hiring again, I would on the condition Igor would not be involved. I thought the quality and price of the windows and installation was very good. I had do quite a bit of clean up afterwards, vacuuming up sawdust and picking up scraps of trim in the yard. I paid another company a little over $30,000 for the roof, siding and gutters and in comparison there was very little for me to clean up.

Description of Work
New thermal windows

04/10/2017

John B.

Great job. On time. Very professional.

Description of Work
Quality. Great follow through. Solid work

03/13/2017

Mary Beth D.

The windows look great - even better than I expected. There was a little problem with the windows the day they were supposed to be installed - they did not fit the window but it was rectified and I had them redone in 1 week and they look so good! The installers showed up on time and worked efficiently and cleaned up everything. Good experience!

Description of Work
6 glass windows in basement

02/01/2017

william G.

They were prompt, quick, efficient and very clean. All told about 3 hours from start to finish.

Description of Work
Replace all storefront windows, door and above door transom from single pane uninsulated glass to double pane Low-E glass. Replaced all framework and trim entirely.

Category replacement windows, doors

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you so much for the feedback on our company. We appreciate when our customers take the time to provide an honest review.

01/13/2017

Blake G.

All I can say is WOW! American Thermal is a TRUE family company. They go above and beyond to make sure their customers are happy throughout the entire process. After speaking with several companies, and getting multiple quotes, our allegiance sided with American Thermal. Nick was our sales rep. His genuine personality and honesty made our decision that much easier. He offered competitive pricing and our windows were ready for installation much sooner than we expected. From an outsider's perspective, window replacement is an arduous job. The installation of our windows was smooth sailing. The crew's punctual arrival, professional demeanor, and care for our personal belongings were greatly appreciated. The crew covered furniture and flooring to make sure debris was contained and made sure everything was immaculate upon completion. The crew also took the time to explain the window mechanics as well as tips and tricks for easy cleaning. Our journey doesn't end there. The backend office staff were super helpful. Whether we had scheduling conflicts or billing questions, they were always available to chat and efficiently answer/solve anything placed in their path. Shout out goes to Andrea for going that extra mile to make sure everything ran smoothly. All in all, you'd be foolish to go with any other company BUT American Thermal. We're proud to say they made us feel like an honorary member of their family and will continue to recommend their services to anyone who asks. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Description of Work
Replaced 4 windows: 3 in the kitchen and 1 in the office.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for the taking the time to provide such a nice review! We are glad you are happy with your experience.

01/02/2017

Ed S.

The installation and quality was bad. I had numerous problems with them.

12/20/2016

Kelly B.

The windows were made in a timely fashion, scheduling was convenient, and the 2 installers were professional and very neat. My only advice for them would be to follow up during installation and again afterwards. I'd like to know that they care if we were happy with the installation and quality.

Description of Work
They replaced 36 windows.

Category replacement windows

[Member Name Removed]- Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your positive experience, and the suggestion about better feedback. We are always happy to hear about what we do right and what we can do better.

11/14/2016

CHRIS B.

Everything went great. I thought the prices were very fair, and they were on time and competent. Meant to write a review before and forgot, came onto Angie's list to get their info to hire them for more work.

Description of Work
I had two screen doors installed, then I found out they could do roofing an gutter work. Had the gutters on the back of the house moved and repaired. Had the roof on the garage torn off and replaced

Category gutter repair, roofing, doors

11/07/2016

Franklin M.

The whole May project went well and we had no concerns with the work or the cleanup. And the price was very comparable to another window company we had used in the past. The August project also went well. I thought the doors were a little pricey - approximately $2700 for each door including storm doors. The front door cost a little more because the storm door included a mail slot. Both doors had to have the frames extensively rebuilt. The finished doors look extremely well. Both projects included someone from the company who came to our house after the salesman had given us a quote. This person took accurate measurements and explained the installation process even more than the salesman. The salesman said we were getting a discount because we used Angie's list to find it. But he never fully explained how much the discount amounted to. But overall we had very positive experiences with American Thermal Window and would recommend them.

Description of Work
American Thermal Window did multiple projects for us in 2016. 1. In May 2016, we had 4 triple pane windows installed in our 110 year old home in Chicago. The windows have dramatically improved the appearance of the 4 windows replaced. The workers were very professional and finished their efforts in less than 1 day. When I pointed out that one window looked a little crooked the installer showed me that it was the fault of the window frame. Probably this corner of our very old frame house had settled a bit. With his level I could see that the window was installed straight. The price of $1700 per window was the same as provided by another window installer and the windows were triple pane versus double pane from the other company. We also has a basement outside door replaced because the old door was literally falling off the hinges. 2. In August we again hired American Thermal Window to replace both our front door (plus storm door) and rear door (plus storm door). This project lasted a bout 4 hours and two 40+ year old doors that leaked cold air and were very unattractive were replaced. The front storm door was not the same size as the exterior door. The advantage with American Thermal Window was that they also sold and installed exterior doors and storm doors.

Category replacement windows, mailbox repair, doors

10/04/2016

Eric D.

Outstanding quality and craftsmanship. Family owned business. Solid communication. Timing was what they quoted. Product was delivered as promised. Clean up was as promised which was important since we have a house with original lead paint. Courteous group of folks. I really had no issues.

Description of Work
Removed 5 old windows and replaced with new windows. repaired damaged wood and air sealed from outside.

09/22/2016

Cheryl Z.

I submitted a request via the company website. I received a call back within 24 hours, which I unfortunately missed. I then received an email with questions from the company, to which I replied the next day. I received no response and sent a follow up email a few days later. I still have not received any response. I find it frustrating to have been sent an email but not receive any follow up and have lost interest in pursuing further information from the company based on the lack of response.

Description of Work
Window replacment

07/19/2016

WAYNE F.

It went wonderfully. They were very polite and efficient. They cleaned everything up when they were through. I would absolutely recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
They installed 3 new windows.

03/16/2016

Michael D.

I'm very happy with everything. Salesman Nick was very helpful in advising me on the type of windows that would be best for my place. He gave me many different options to choose from. There was no pressure to buy. He also invited me to their showroom which was impressive. I had proposals from 3 different places and their price was in the middle. The windows were ordered and arrived in approx. 6 weeks, as they had promised. They promptly called me and set up an appointment to install them. Installation was prompt and thorough. Tony was the lead guy and could not have been nicer. He did a nice job showing me how they work. CLEAN-UP WAS EXCELLENT! You would never have known they were there!!! Andrea and Nicole were very polite and helpful on the phone. I used a friend of mine as a reference (he had 9 windows put in several years ago) and they sent him a check for $25 as a referral bonus. What a nice touch that was! Oh yes - I love my new windows! Overall, I'm extremely happy with everything about American Thermal Windows and would absolutely use them again!

Description of Work
Installed 5 new triple pane Great Lakes Lifestyle windows. These replaced VERY OLD wooden windows in a vintage Chicago 6-flat.

Category replacement windows

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind praise regarding your experience with us and for taking the time to leave such a glowing Angie's List review. It was especially nice to be nominated for "The Page of Happiness!" We’re so happy that you’re satisfied and impressed with the service and installation we provided. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else in the future! Kind regards, The American Thermal Window Family

07/19/2015

THOMAS C.

We are very satisfied with the quality of the doors. The fire rated doors have a top latch and the installer did not install the striker plate correctly. When I conveyed to him that the door was not operating smoothly he removed the striker plate and left. I was able to properly install the striker plate and the door operates smoothly. No adjustment was made to the front entry door threshold and light was showing beneath the door. I contacted the service provider and a technician was sent to make the adjustment. The technician made the adjustment in about five minutes and instructed me on how to perform this adjustment.

Description of Work
Provided fiberglass front entry door and casing and double fire rated doors and casing for utility closet that house HVAC and gas water heater.

Infinity Home Improvement Inc

Infinity Home Improvement is a full line home improvement company. We offer retro-fit products such as Roofing, insulation and gutters and gutter protection. With nearly 50,000 previous customers and 20 years experience you can count on Infinity to do quality work for you and your family.

Offers by Infinity Home Improvement Inc on Angi
    EcoChamp Windows and Siding

2017 - 2018 - 2019 -2020 SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNER! EcoChamp Windows and Siding prides itself on being the premier window, siding and roofing company in Cook, Lake, McHenry, Kane and DuPage Counties. We have provided exceptional service to both residential and commercial properties for many years. We have built an excellent reputation for customer satisfaction by providing quick and FREE estimates. With great attention to detail and competitive pricing, our products come with the best warranties in the industry. We pride ourselves in working with proven and leading manufactures, so our customers will have the most efficient, cutting edge products in the industry. Our business is driven on delighting our customers with great service, products, and highly trained expert installers with over 30 years experience. EcoChamp has been awarded numerous customer service awards, because of our hands-on, no pressure approach. We are screened and approved professionals, giving you the peace of mind you need. References gladly provided.

Offers by EcoChamp Windows and Siding on Angi
    Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi

TGC052091
    Chicago, IL
    City of Chicago Department of Buildings
    03/25/2021
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Super Service Award Winner in Windows for more than 3 years running! Replacement windows, commercial windows, replacement door, installation, siding gutters, custom entry doors, storm doors, attic insulation, commercial and industrial windows and doors, fire rated windows and doors, security doors, patio & doors, bow and bay windows, awnings.

Repairs and Glass Replacement