American Heritage Fireplace

Founded 1990 • With Angi since April 2008

3054 N Western Ave

Chicago, IL 60618

American Heritage Fireplace has been serving our Chicago and Milwaukee markets for over 20 years. Our showrooms are always current and offer the latest technology in our industry. Most of our employees have been with the company since the beginning and we have seen a few even reach retirement. We

06/25/2018

JESSICA R.

Awesome! Quick, courteous and very helpful.

Description of Work
Gas fireplace service

10/17/2016

Bryan C.

The technician showed up right on time and was very friendly. He was very thorough and informative about what he was doing and gave a detailed report of how everything went. I would recommend and will definitely use them in the future again.

Description of Work
Chimney swept and inspected. Gas logs removed and gas line capped.

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces, gas logs

08/20/2016

SEAN W.

We worked with Chris Mitchell on the estimate. Chris was responsive and helpful. We got quotes from a couple other companies including a lower priced option. American Heritage was able to meet us in the middle on price. The work at our house was done by Carlos & Ruben. They did a great job on keeping the mess out of our house when they removed the old tile liner. They explained all of their work along the way (about 4-5 days of work) and did a great job! We would use American Heritage again based on our experience.

Description of Work
Removal of existing clay fireplace tiles in chimney and remove existing crown on 100-year old house. Install custom-sized stainless steel liner in wood-burning fireplace and separate liner for furnace/hot water heater. Insulate chimney with Thermix and pour new chimney crown around new clay tile extensions and install new stainless caps.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

08/19/2016

Marquis M.

Outstanding professional service by the service tech, Mark Paris.

Description of Work
Fireplace gas leak repaired and unit cleaned.

02/26/2016

John A.

WORK MEN WERE PROFESSIONAL TIMELY AND KEPT WORK AREA CLEAN

Description of Work
INSTALLED NEW DIRECT VENT FIREPLCE

01/18/2016

christopher Z.

Great. Carlos was the primary service person. He was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
Sweep chimneys, Replace dampers and seal chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

01/07/2016

Tanya G.

They handled themselves very professionally. I would recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
Installed new gas log sets in existing fireplace.

07/22/2015

DAVID O K.

DO NOT: Do Not Use the Company's Expert Technicians to install the fireplace. Items were left uninstalled and other things incorrectly according to local building code. In a discussion with the salesperson, he stated that his experts could install the fireplace faster and better than the contractor. So we went with him. A meeting was held a week after contact, and it was another week before the installers came to the house--2 weeks after the appointment was made. However, upon "completion" of the work, the fireplace was installed flush with the studs, not leaving room for the fireproof wall material and the rock tile over that. The outer covering would have been almost 2 inches outside the installation. On top of that, the routing of the flue was not as described and the vent for the hot air was not installed at all. An electrical hookup was done inside a wall with the plug reachable by removing the computer works in order to reach it. The Fireplace person did offer to have a meeting a week after being notified of the difficulty and would then schedule a repair. This, however, would have put the "repair" two weeks after the general contractor (GC) finished the installation in a much faster, cleaner, installation. The fireplace people called us, the customers, to state that the TV we wanted to install was 2 inches too wide. If they had stayed on their installation and not worried about the TV, which the GC, said would be installed differently than first thought, and if they had only talked with the workers who were there, some things might not have had to have been done. The store representative stated that the expert "technicians are paid hourly and at a rate higher than general laborers due to their qualifications." The rep stood up for his workers which was good. However, a simple "I'm sorry!" would have saved a lot. For the installation to cost $3000+, we did not get our money's worth. DO: DO Use your GC to install the fireplace. A comprehensive installation booklet comes with the fireplace and the schematics for electric and gas lines are included. A competent builder can install it, a gas plumber can put in the lines, and an electrician can hook up the electrical. All for less than those who charge more for expert installation.

Description of Work
Sold us a wonderful fireplace. We contracted for installation. We were disappointed

03/03/2015

Paula B.

Ray from American Heritage checked, cleaned and serviced vent-free fireplace. Ray was very knowledgeable and professional. I'd definitely recommend American Heritage for any fireplace work. Glad I called them.

Description of Work
Service on 12-year-old vent-free fireplace

01/09/2015

Bob C.

Chris Mitchell (sales) and the installation crew (Jeff and his partner) are professional and the quality of their work is excellent. I highly recommend American Heritage.

Description of Work
AH furnished and installed 2 36" direct vent fireplaces (1 Regency and 1 Empire). Installation involved venting thru a brick wall 8" thick.

Category masonry, fireplaces

08/30/2014

Sue T.

Although they didn't make the original delivery date, it was well worth the wait. Thank U Chris

Description of Work
Fabricated a Oak Mantel for a electric fireplace using ideas from several models.

08/25/2014

GEOFF G.

I have not hired them yet, but most likely will do so in the future.

Description of Work
Estimate for basement fireplace and installation.

08/12/2014

STEVEN E.

Sam C. was the sales rep. Knowledgeable and friendly. Provide us with three options and explained operation, installation, features. Eric was the technician who ran the gas and electric lines to the chimney from the house exterior. Installation took less than one day. He didn't leave until he was sure we knew how to access all features. Very pleased!

Description of Work
Sold and installed gas burning fireplace.

07/02/2014

Robert W.

They were great; I highly recommend them. It was an emergency and they were fast. They did a better job than we expected; they did more work than we expected. There was some brick work that was in danger and they took it upon their own to fix that and the price did not go up. They were reliable, quick, honest, and they were intelligent; they knew what they were doing. I want to stand by these guys; they really helped me out. We are using them again.

Description of Work
We went with American Heritage Fireplace. They lined our chimney.

Category chimney repair

06/20/2014

Jacqueline H.

American Heritage Fireplace was recommended to me by my home inspector. I had a good experience as far as quality of service and professionalism, however I did think the cost, $300.00, was high for what was done. The work took less than 1 hour. They also arrived at the very end of the time frame provided, which I understand happens, but I love it when they arrive early.

Description of Work
I hired American Heritage Fireplace to remove the artificial logs in my fireplace and to clean the chimney.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

06/10/2014

Tammy B.

They were professional and helpful, and I'd have been glad to have them, but we figured out our problem with the help of a friend who happened to come over one day.

Description of Work
I called to make an appointment but we ended up doing the repair ourselves.

04/29/2014

Kevin M.

The guys who came out to my home were great but were unable to figure out why my fireplace was blowing in cold air from underneath the fire. Disappointing but it was not for lack of effort on their part. My biggest problem with these guys is the office staff. If you walk in and talk with the sales guys they are friendly and talk a big game but when it came time to send someone out they called and did the olymipic back pedal. They basically made lots of promises on how the person coming out could help me and then a day before they were to come out a manager basically told the sales guy there is no way we are doing this for this customer, call him and warn him. They called and I still agreed to let them come out in the hopes that the field guys would be able to help. Follow up afterward done by me to contact them and they promised to follow up in a week or two. They didn't. I am not surprised.

Description of Work
Came out to install a new gas fireplace and determine problems with current fireplace.

04/24/2014

Kenneth C.

American Heritage did an excellent installation of the Valor direct vent gas fireplace. However, the communication between me, the project manager and his labor was terrible. I felt that the project manager needed to communicate better with his labor and myself about various problems or questions that will always come up on a construction project. I have a very un level floor and it made for a difficult time getting the hearth to look right. The problems occurred when this was not explained to me and I was trying to come up with solutions to mask this problem. Many emails and phone conversations later it was obvious to me that nothing really can be done about it. I have since made it less of an eyesore by cosmetic adjustments using tile and trim. All of this stress could have been alleviated had this problem been brought to my attention and explained to me clearly before work was being done.

Description of Work
American Heritage removed a wood burning fire box and installed a Valor direct vent gas fireplace and hearth.

04/09/2014

LISA F.

I called on a weekend evening and left a message for an appointment. The call was returned promptly the next business morning. I scheduled an appointment to have them out to ensure the gas starters worked in my fireplace. They gave me a window of 8a-10a. Ron showed up promptly at 8:15. He introduced himself and we went to the first fireplace. He confirmed what I was looking for, and away he went to light the gas starter. No problems. Went to the second fireplace and same. He shared tips about caring for my two different fireplace types, one vented/wood burning and the other vent free. Ron was on his way out by 8:45. Terrific service, would definitely call them again.

Description of Work
Came to ensure the gas starters worked in two fireplaces in my home.

03/31/2014

John M.

Great experience. Gave great advice on the various choices. Came for a review of colors before final purchase decision and installation was flawless.

Description of Work
Installed new custom glass fireplace screen.

03/31/2014

JOHN M.

Very nice. We love it. Great service and very nice installation.

Description of Work
Installed gas fireplace.

03/27/2014

Sean T.

They were on time and very effecient.

Description of Work
Inspected and cleaned fireplace

Category chimney sweep, fireplaces

03/18/2014

Michael B.

The technician arrived at the appointed time. I showed him the fireplace that was not functioning. He diagnosed the problem immediately and removed the badly damaged control module. Then advised me that since the manufacturer had gone out of business, replacement parts were no longer available so that the only solution was to replace the entire mechanish at a substantial cost. After he left I did a google search of the damaged part number and discovered that the control module, as well as the remotes for our two fireplaces were INDEED available. I ordered the parts on line, called another company and was told that they actually had the parts on hand and that I should return the parts I had purchased. Then came, installed the control module in the downstairs fireplace and ensured the both fireplaces responded to the remote controls. Could have saved $125.00 if I had called this guy first. American Heritage seemed to be too intent on selling me a new unit.

Description of Work
Very little

03/14/2014

JEREMY W.

The tech advised me not to replace any parts and made some adjustments to the existing parts. When he left the fireplace was working. Fast forward 40 days later. The same issue and the fireplace is not working again. I call American Heritage to get them back thinking for sure there would be no service call fee. Wrong. They only stand behind their work for 30 days. 40 days and you're out of luck. Don't waste your time or money on a company that doesn't stand behind their service.

Description of Work
Gas Fireplace service call. American Heritage came to repair my fireplace on January 20th. The tech advised me not to replace any parts and made some adjustments to the existing parts w

03/11/2014

James M.

The were courteous, on-time and knowledgable. replaced cap in about an hour after inspecting problem I was having. they were done in under 2 hours. I was grateful to have it fixed as draft was setting off my carbon monoxide alarm when I started my gas fireplace. Hasn't gone off since cap was replaced.

Description of Work
Checked my fireplace for downdraft problem, replaced my old chimney cap with vortex cap that fixed problem.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

OSMONDSON ROOFING & MASONRY INC

We are a family owned & operated business serving Chicago & Suburbs since 1979. We Specialize in Residential Roofing, Shingle Repairs, Exterior Demolition Work, Exterior Rough Carpentry, Masonry Work; (Brick Chimney Rebuilds & Removals). Osmondson Roofing Inc. Has Been Approved By Owens Corning To Be A Preferred Contractor. We Are Confident That We Will Deliver The Finest Installation Available And Look Forward To Serving You. Ask us for a free estimate! For the quickest response, please call us at 773-725-2422; if we miss you please leave a message and we will call back asap!

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

Bald Eagle Masonry

For over a decade, Bald Eagle Construction has been widely known as the go-to expert for a wide variety of construction projects in Chicago and the Chicagoland area. We’re also proud to be the leader in handling City of Chicago building code violations. From taking care of fixing the issues straight through to dealing with the paperwork. For you that means you not only get the job done to our exacting specifications – you’ll also be assured that any project we start will comply fully with all Chicago Building Department regulations. 11 employees. Uses subs for specialty work. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's list discount. Award winning.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check

Sales & service of gas, wood & electric fireplaces, wood stoves,gas stoves, flue pipes, accessories. chimney liners,chimney sweep, masonry rebuilds, furnace liners, pilot lighting & repairs, direct vent service, vent free service, custom designs. full service

Gas Range repair