American Carpet Distributors

Founded 1980 • With Angi since September 2009

2041-59 W Race St

Chicago, IL 60612

Our carpet store has served Chicago, Evanston and the surrounding suburbs for more than 40 years. We offer a full mobile service to your home. Because we are the distributor and the installer, we are able to provide high quality flooring at the best prices....

carpet installation (53)flooring (20)

04/16/2020

eric S.

It went great. Working with Larry was easy. His team did a great job doing the install.

Description of Work
Carpet install

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

02/01/2020

Susan M.

Very well. Excellent price great service and prompt follow up. We are very satisfied with America Carpet and will recommend them and will definitely use this company again.

Description of Work
Carpet installation in 4 bedrooms

Work Completed On 02/01/2020

08/07/2019

patrick B.

Service was exactly what you’d hope for. On time. Clean. Polite. Professional. The work was tidy and of high quality.

Description of Work
Carpet Sales/Installation/Repair

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

08/06/2019

Ann G.

If I knew how easy this process was, I would have changed my carpets years ago. I chose American Carpet Distributors due to the positive reviews. At the beginning I was a bit skeptical of how great the reviews were compared to competitors. Estimates from Home Depot and another local carpet store were both slightly/moderately cheaper, but they had some mixed reviews. I don’t have the patience nor the tolerance to deal with any issues. I am so glad I chose American Carpet Distributors. The whole process took a bit over 2 weeks from initial estimate, ordering, and installation. Larry came to my home and showed me samples of various carpets. Was patient as I moved the samples around to different rooms, and different light. Gave guidance based on which ones were better for more traffic, ability to see dust, vacuum lines, etc. Called the manufacturer to get me samples of the 2 colors that I had to decide between, and even left the sample board overnight so that my husband look at my choice. At the day of install, they called prior to arrival. There were 2 installers, both polite, and very careful when moving furniture and hauling the materials through the hallways. It took them a total of 5 hours to move furniture, take out old carpet, lay down padding, and install new carpets. They even cleaned up after themselves. The carpets look beautiful and nice quality.

Description of Work
Carpet installation in 2 bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for having the confidence in my company to get the job done and thank you so much for the glowing review

08/05/2019

Richard D.

American Carpet Distributers did an awesome job. I had two rooms carpeted and both turned out great. They were punctual and even finished the job in what seemed record time. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Carpeted two bedrooms

Work Completed On 08/02/2019

Review for American Carpet Distributors - 2041-59 W Race St, Chicago, IL - 38028773

Great working with you [Member Name Removed] ,pictures look great !

07/22/2019

Courtney B.

I wish I had as many positive things to say as other reviewers here. Unfortunately, I had a very different experience with American Carpet. Larry was good to work with in the beginning; he has a good selection of carpet, and they got our entire job (4 bedrooms + stairs) done in one day. It's good carpet, but we started noticing issues with the installation within the first couple of days - visible staples on the stairs, seams coming loose, carpet edges fraying, and uneven padding. Larry agreed to fix as much as they could, but it took several weeks to get his installers to commit to a time, and I had to keep hounding them. When they finally showed up (late), I only had time for them to fix a few of the issues. Larry said that if I wanted them to come back to fix the rest of the issues, I'd have to pay for it myself. He kept telling me I lied about my availability. Regardless of scheduling issues, expecting a customer to pay for his company's mistakes is absurd! At the end of the day, I paid thousands of dollars for poorly installed carpet, rude customer service, and a massive headache.

Description of Work
Carpet installation

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

Review for American Carpet Distributors - 2041-59 W Race St, Chicago, IL - 37998867

Sorry you feel that way [Member Name Removed] but if you could remember that your windows of coming out were very small , and you are wrong about my installers being late they said they would be there between 8:30-9:00 and they showed up at 8:50 to do the work , at 9:15 you kicked them out because you had to go to work that’s why I charged you the 75.00 dollars to come back , you did tell my installers and myself that your around all day . As far as the repairs go I want to replace that top step and put a piece of trackless strip in front underneath the carpet which should fix that , the only thing with doing that is as an installer myself is that the runner we customized for your 13 stairs and two landings might have a slight bump in the carpet because of the tack strip that I explained to your husband when I stopped by to look at it. The second repair with the carpet lifting up from the front of the tile can happen because the suction from a vacuume cleaner can pull that up , you don’t see the carpet pulling up anywere else around the perimeter of your 4 bedrooms and upper hallway because the carpet is tucked into your baseboards , third repair is a cross seam that my installers had to put a little extra seam sealer on it because cross seams will Frey because your cutting into the loops of carpet non preventable for that type of carpet but an easy fix. I wish you could of taken pictures of all the rooms and posted that to , my installers did a beautiful job for you with a couple of very easy fixes . Please don’t hesitate to call we really try hard to take care of our customers 264 five star reviews out of 269 says something about us .

05/27/2019

Jennifer S.

I am so happy I found American Carpet Distributors on Angie's list! Larry was very professionalism and easy to work with over the phone. He made everything so easy for me when I thought this job would be a hassle. This was our first time time having carpet re-stretched and he explained everything step by step. The 3 guys that he sent were friendly, professional and courteous. They were efficient and moved furniture quickly. 3 rooms took 1 hour. They did a great job and cleaned up quickly. Super impressed, I would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Carpet re-stretching for 3 10X11 bedrooms

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

04/17/2019

Achilles K.

Excellent. Very professional. Fair price and speedy installation. We had a minor problem with a small edge of the carpet that I noticed a day after the installation. It just had to be cleaned up and tacked down a little more. They came back out within 1 hour of notifying them and handled it right away. Very trustworthy business and highly remommended!

Description of Work
Common area carpet for condo building

Work Completed On 04/04/2019

04/16/2019

Robert H.

Very well! Installers were on time, very professional and very clean. The carpet was installed in a timely manner. I was very satisfied with the completed job. Would definitely use them again and refer to family and friends.

Description of Work
Carpeting for my home

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

04/13/2019

Alex A.

Very well and I’m completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Carpet purchase and installation.

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

mary P.

Fine! They are on time but a little bit expensive .

Description of Work
They install carpet .

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed] but just so you know that same carpet anywhere else would of been more money you just picked out a carpet that was a very nice upgrade and I had other carpets for half that price that you looked at , maybe it was just out of your budget but over all I hope you love your new carpet

cheryl B.

It went very well and it was great no problem. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They install my carpet.

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

martha K.

Great! I will give them i high recommendation . They are clean and the price is a little bit higher but they are great and good customer service ,.

Description of Work
They install carpet in my three bed room.

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

Jared F.

Its great ! They are very professional, clean and quick . They really have a good price in Chicago .

Description of Work
They install carpet in my two bed room.

Work Completed On 03/26/2019

04/03/2019

Jaime M.

Fantastic! Larry was so pleasant and easy to work with! Pricing was phenomenal also! Will definitely call again if the need ever arises

Description of Work
Office carpeting

Work Completed On 02/09/2019

03/28/2019

Beverly B.

Larry came to my residence with samples. He did not push anything, but offered his advice when asked. His guys showed up on time and worked until the job was done. They were very pleasant and professional. Larry was always available when I needed to talk with him. Enjoyed working with him and his staff.

Description of Work
Old carpet removed from 3 rooms and stairs; new carpet installed

Work Completed On 03/27/2019

Carl B.

They did a very good job. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They installed new carpet and repulled other carpet that was soaked with water.

Category flooring contractor

Work Completed On 02/15/2019

Timothy F.

It went well. He came out and gave a quote. The carpet quality was better than Home Depot and he seemed very knowledgeable as well. They did a great job and I would definitely hire them again. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They took out old carpet and installed new carpet in two bedrooms and closets.

Work Completed On 02/19/2019

paula M.

They were great in getting right out to replace the carpeting. Larry is the owner and was excellent in recommending what carpet to get. He spent a lot of time with me as I looked at different samples. I ended up with beautiful carpet and I would definitely hire them again. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They replaced carpeting for me and this is the second time I used them.

Work Completed On 02/21/2019

03/05/2019

Denise K.

This is now my go to carpet company. Thank you to Larry who organized the project. The installers were professional, and did an amazing job. After the job was finished I was shown every corner and inside the closets to make sure that I was happy with their work. Pricing was great too.

Description of Work
Carpeting throughout the entire condo

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

03/04/2019

Molly M.

Excellent service, fair price and prompt trustworthy installers.

Description of Work
Carpet installation throughout house

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for letting me earn your business

03/04/2019

Josie P.

Entire process was quick, convenient and achieved our goal. Especially appreciate the ‘house call’ where Larry came to our house to evaluate our needs and brought samples for us to choose from. Installers were punctual, efficient and very pleasant. Love our new carpet!

Description of Work
Carpeting basement stairs

Work Completed On 02/23/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience with our company .

03/01/2019

Tyler M.

Amarican Carpet was wonderful to work with! They were extremely responsive and professional. They had the best price out of the three bids that I received from different flooring companies around the area and provided excellent service. I will use them in the future on any project I have, big or small. Thank you Larry for all of your hard work to make my project run smoothly!!

Description of Work
New flooring in my office building