ALVA PAINTING AND DECORATING

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2006

10 EMPLOYEES. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGE. ...

Tiger Home Improvement Inc

Tiger Home Improvement Inc

Our motto is to offer you outstanding services, speedy scheduling, and terrific customer service! Our goal is to ensure your experience with us is simple, fast, and affordable because all our technicians are dedicated and experienced. We pride ourselves on making sure all your needs and expectations are met each and every time you work with us! We serve all Chicago suburbs and the city itself. Services: Deck Building and Maintenance Window Washing, Gutter Cleaning, Power Washing, Garage Cleaning, Furniture Restoration.

09/27/2012

A friend had recommended Alva Painting and they had very good reviews on Angie's list. I also called three other companies I found on Angie's list to get quotes. One came out to inspect the work and never sent me a quote even after a follow-up call. A second responded very promptly with a quote that was much higher than Alva Painting's quote for the same work. A third sent a quote after I followed...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They repaired a badly damaged bathroom ceiling and did general patchwork in all the rooms being painted.  They painted a master bathroom including trim and ceiling, master bedroom ceiling and a children's bedroom including trim and ceiling and chalkboard paint on a portion of the walls.  They also painted window trimwork where we had new windows installed in four rooms.  Finally, they repaired the walls in a children's bathroom where towel bars had ripped out of the wall and painted the areas to match a beach scene mural we already had on the wall.

05/21/2011

We hired Pablo and his team and they did a nice job painting the apartment in between the old tenants moving out and the new tenants moving in.  The new tenants were very pleased that the apartment not only smelled good (new paint smell) but looked good too.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The apartment needed to be painted in between tenants and the timeframe was short.

07/27/2010

The job went well. I've used Pablo many times. He comes promptly to give an estimate and can usually schedule the job the next day. I've done big and small projects with him and they are almost always done in one day. The work is excellent, very precise, and they always leave the house a clean as when the arrived.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had new lighting installed in a ceiling and need patching and painting done to cover the portions of the drywall that were damaged as a result of the electrical installation.

05/27/2010

They showed up in the morning and instantly got to work. They moved fast, and professionally. The day after they had finished up I had a chance to look over their work and noticed there were a few areas they missed the first time around - simple touch-ups. So I called them and the next day the owner showed up with one of his workers and they gladly went back over the areas I was unsatisfied with. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Alva Painting came to paint my family room, kitchen, bathrooms, and touch up my trim work.

08/23/2006

We had a flood in our house shortly before we were to close on its sale. Pablo responded very quickly with his bid, did an amazing job removing the wet walls and installing new drywall. He was very flexible about working with the other contractors as we raced the clock, and worked weekends and evenings to get the job done on time. He was truly a kind and nice person to deal with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed and replaced drywall in three rooms, replaced molding in six rooms and painted six rooms.

CATEGORY drywall,woodworking,interior painters

DRYWALL AND INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR PAINTING.

FAUX FINISH.