Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc

Founded 2010 • With Angi since September 2011

4.3

8500 W Catherine Ave

Chicago, IL 60656

Additional phones - (773) 339-6520, (773) 497-2935.

03/27/2012

Robert M.

First impression was good. Jason arrived on time and was very courteous. I asked many questions including what their per square foot charge was for concrete driveways. He told me $6.00 to $6.75 per squeare foot. He promised a quote the next morning. This is where things started to get a little worrisome. I had to call in the early evening to get the quote sent to me later that night. His price was significantly higher than what he offered during his visit. His explanation was that overhead was overhead and that they stood by their price. In one of his e-mail responses he again offered the same per square foot price ($6.00 to $6.75). His quote to me was $5000.00 for 680 Square feet of concrete. Now my math says that is $7.35 per square foot. After several e-mails he agreed to do a larger portion of the driveway for the quoted per foot price. He asked for confirmation that this was acceptable and if so he would revise the quote. I replied with a sketch so that there was no confusion as to what the larger area was and told him that his price was acceptable, please revise the quote and proved a couple of references so that I could look at some completed concrete work. I also asked him to include some additional removal of lawn area that we discussed during his visit. I never heard back from them, even after a follow up e-mail. Business must be good for them to walk away from a nearly $7000 job.

Description of Work
I solicited a quote to have part of my riveway and front sidewalk replaced.

Category concrete repair

11/09/2009

Julie S.

I contacted Alpha Masonary along with 2 other companies for quotes. I only heard from one of the other two companies. The other company's response for a quote took approximately a week, the gentleman whom set up the appointment was almost an hour late in meeting with me without a phone call or apology for being late and quoted me a price without even going up on our roof. I heard from Alpha Masonary within 24 hours of requesting a quote. I was contacted by Jim Kowalski, the project manager, whom wanted to set up an appointment the next day, which I did. Mr. Kowalski arrived on time, inspected the chimney and the chimney cap by going up on our roof and then came inside to inspect the inside of our fireplace. We discussed the work that needed to be done and at that time I expressed how I wanted the additional brick added to the chimney to match what already existed. Mr. Kowalski explained there wouldn't be any problem with my request, and I was quoted a price at the end of the appointment. The quote was extremely reasonable (a third of the price quoted by the other company), and the job was set up for the following week. His crew showed up the following week, on time, and completed the job. I was extremely happy with the work , the crew was courteous and cleaned up behind themselves. I would have never known that they had even been there. I was very pleased with how courteous Mr. Kowalski was, the professionalism of his crew, their promptness and their pricing. Not only would I be using Alpha Masonary in the future if needed, I will also recommend Alpha Masonary to others.

Description of Work
Our chimney on our home was not built to code, we needed a new chimney cap and the bricks on the inside of our fireplace were very loose and needed to be remortered.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

Award 2022
    OSMONDSON ROOFING & MASONRY INC

We are a family owned & operated business serving Chicago & Suburbs since 1979. We Specialize in Residential Roofing, Shingle Repairs, Exterior Demolition Work, Exterior Rough Carpentry, Masonry Work; (Brick Chimney Rebuilds & Removals). Osmondson Roofing Inc. Has Been Approved By Owens Corning To Be A Preferred Contractor. We Are Confident That We Will Deliver The Finest Installation Available And Look Forward To Serving You. Ask us for a free estimate! For the quickest response, please call us at 773-725-2422; if we miss you please leave a message and we will call back asap!

Award 2022
    JC & Son Masonry Inc

8-10 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email. Additional contact: Jake.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc

How is Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc overall rated?

Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc is currently rated 4.3 overall out of 5.

What days are Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc open?

Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc is open:

What payment options does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc provide

Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offer free estimates?

Yes, Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offers free project estimates.

Does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offer a senior discount?

No, Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc does not offer a senior discount.

Does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offer emergency services?

Yes, Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc?

Yes, Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offers warranties.

What services does Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offer?

Alpha Construction and Restoration Group Inc offers the following services: New masonry, brick, block, limestone, glass block, natural & cultured stone, steel door installation/new stucco, new concrete- stairs, driveway, patio, tuck pointing, concrete, parapet, chimney, stucco & power washing.