Accurate Inspections & Consulting Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2009

10450 S. Western Ave.

Chicago, IL 60643

Owner operated full service building assessment company. Occasionally uses associate inspectors and client requested consultants (architects, lawyers, etc). Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service charges. May contact through email or phone....

05/17/2019

Burt B.

Markus is very very rude. He swore the entire time and called me a derogatory name while I was walking to my car. He also insisted on having an argument with me during the inspection. After viewing the report he has suggested that the buyer go to garage sales and purchase garden tools....What in the world. He also put in the report that there were no smoke or carbon detectors "But I could have missed them..." There were even pics of them in the report. Markus also purposely overflowed a shower in the inspection and got water all over the dining room floor and kitchen and had the buyer clean it up. My advice is to NEVER use this guy

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection

I have no idea what this review is about. I don't know this person, I've never worked for him. The claims made in the review are absolutely not true. I don't know what else to say. EDIT - turns out the reviewer was the listing agent on that property. I barely remember meeting him let along having much of a conversation. For the record his claims are blatant lies and I have the evidence to substantiate that. There was no shower leak, the client didn't clean up any water, and smoke detectors were accounted for. No idea if this guy is just a dumb liar, alcoholic or some sort of dope head. The inspection went well, there were no damage issues so no understanding of why someone would post such nonsense. If there is someone you shouldn't hire its probably that guy.

11/03/2016

Perpetua G.

Very through and efficient. He explained everything to me in laymen’s terms so that I could understand. He let me know what needed immediate repairs, what could wait and areas of the home that were fine. I appreciated such a through inspection of my home.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

12/02/2015

Sylvia B.

Markus is amazing and very knowledgeable. When my fiance and I purchased our home earlier this year, Markus was our inspector. He was incredibly thorough in his inspection and reporting and made sure that all of our concerns were addressed. He educated us on what we needed to know and made the final decision making process so much easier. He always made himself available for answering questions and always followed up with us promptly. Even after we purchased our home, we've gone back to him for questions and advice because we truly trust him and his knowledge. If you are in the market to purchase a home, Markus is hands down the best inspector for the job. You will go into, what will be a really overwhelming process, feeling so much better knowing you have Markus on your team.

Description of Work
Markus Keller of Accurate Inspections & Consulting conducted the home inspection of our home prior to purchase.

04/21/2015

Scott H.

I was referred to Markus by another property inspector because I was told that Markus specializes in the type of house that I was considering purchasing. I hired Markus to do a complete inspection for a recently fully-rehabbed single family home. The home basically was a total teardown with only the original foundation and some internal walls remaining from the original structure. All mechanicals, electric, utility, sump/sewer, appliances, and finishes were new. Markus showed up on time and got to work immediately. It was readily apparent that he was extremely thorough in his evaluation of the property. In the end, his inspection took approximately 4 hours to complete. He did a thorough inspection of the building structure, attic, major house systems, plumbing, general construction, electrical, and roof. Markus's fee is quite high and more than what you would normally pay for inspection services, however, if you have a property that requires a thorough evaluation I feel he is well worth the fee that he charges. He takes cash, check, or Square credit card payments. His report is simply amazing. My final report was 60+ pages and outlined his findings in each room/system. The report noted his concerns and also contained photos that backed up his claims. He also provides a "Summary List" that is easily used for your attorney review process. The report was turned around within 36 hours which is extremely fast given the quality of the content. I only have a couple of concerns with Markus. First, he can be a bit pessimistic as he does his inspection. All buildings have issues and the fact is that most contractors take shortcuts...that's just the way it is, especially in Chicago. There is no "perfect building" and I feel that Markus's standard is in fact a "perfect building". As a client, I appreciate this because he brings the necessary reality to the purchase that goes beyond all the bells and whistles such as a fancy countertop or fancy oven. However, I would advise the prospective property owner to approach his report with an open mind. No developer/owner is going to address all of the things he brings up, but in the end it is very good to have all of this detail for your personal information. And most importantly, you can rest assured he is going to note things of particular concern. My second concern is that Markus can have a bit of a potty mouth. Personally, I found him to be hilarious and I appreciated his honesty and comedy. However, I can understand how this might bother some people since this is a professional interaction. In summary, I would highly recommend hiring Accurate Inspections, especially if you have an older building or a rehab/tear-down. I found his services to be well above the norm for building inspectors and he is very knowledgeable about the subject matter.

Description of Work
Markus performed a complete home inspection for a recently rehabbed single family home in the City of Chicago.

01/11/2015

Mary M.

I have hired Markus four different times to inspect single family homes. Markus has done a great job all four times I have hired him. He is very thorough and takes his time to find any and all problems/issues. I am very happy with his work and I have recommended him to my friends.

Description of Work
Markus has inspected four different single family homes for me. I am very, very happy with his services.

11/11/2013

Michael V H.

Markus was a first rate inspector. He has seen and done everything in the building trades industry. He is extremely thorough and does not sugar coat things which is exactly what you want in your home inspector. He works for you and is there to provide you with all the necessary information for you to make an informed decision. I would highly recommend Markus to anyone looking to purchase a new home or condo.

Description of Work
Inspection of a 100+ year old 3 unit apartment building.

08/23/2013

Colin M.

More than what I bargained for. I called Markus because of the reviews here as well as what I saw on his website. I was looking to purchase a vintage home that we are planning to renovate substantially. As other reviewers have mentioned, Markus spent a good deal of time on the phone discussing the project, pros and cons, before he took one dime from us. Time is money, and I wasn't expecting this. We scheduled inspection for a few days later. Onsite he spent about 2:30 hours onsite (I don't know for sure but he probably would have spent longer if I didn't need to go, and the seller didn't need his home back). My time frame for this deal was pretty tight, and I received my report from Markus before the promised time (after midnight in fact). BUT, the most amazing thing was the thoroughness of the report. I have obtained inspections on similar properties in the past. They don't hold a candle to this one. I feel like I know exactly what I am getting into, and I have no doubt Markus would be available for further advice, input or clarification - not that any is need. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Description of Work
Home inspection of vintage home and cursory remodel consutlation

03/17/2013

MARK J.

Markus spent quite a bit of time beforehand online with the issues that I had brought up and over two hours going over the inspection of our home. It was amazing to see how much we had missed that needed to be added to our punch-list. In every room he found several details that could be improved or were not done quite right. Our contractor did not argue with any items on our punch-list but obviously he was not going to point them out himself. Markus' advice, expertise and sharp eye saved us some money and grief.

Description of Work
After our original inspection Markus was very helpful in preparing a Scope of Work. Indeed, we did not know what a Scope of Work was beforehand let alone what to include. He was also helpful in finding an excellent person to install our floors. After our contractor had performed most of the work, we still needed to draw up a punch-list and wanted a good eye and knowledgeable person to help us with that. Obviously, we needed Marcus to do another inspection.

12/19/2012

Caroline D.

Markus arrived on time and with all the equipment necessary to do a thorough inspection. He took his time and was willing to answer any questions that we asked during the inspection. He provided us with a thorough report via e-mail within a short time after he finished the inspection. The report also included pictures and was easy to follow and understand. I would highly recommend him!

Description of Work
Markus did a complete home inspection on the home we ended up buying.

08/24/2012

MARK J.

As noted above, both of Markus' previous reviews on Angieslist were POH nominations and this review will maintain the percentage at 100. We have had other inspections and this experience was the best by far. This is not to put down other inspectors but Markus certainly is the most accessible and helpful inspector we have experienced. He is a great combination of serious businessman and friendly counselor. His advise and insights are well worth the price he charges. Another inspector we used recently on a different condo, one we did not buy, charged quite a bit more and did not do as much. It was obvious during and after the inspection that Markus's experience as a contractor enables him to give a level of service that few if any inspectors can match. Furthermore, he has been very solicitous even following the inspection. Again, I could not recommend him more highly.

Description of Work
It was a fairly straightforward inspection except that we were looking for advice on remodeling the condo we were buying in addition to the usual inspection routine. I spoke with Markus on the phone before I hired him. He was very easy to speak with and helpful even before I hired him. Before hiring him, I visited Angieslist of course and noted that he had only two reviews but both were POH nominations. This will make 3 for 3. Markus has experience as a general contractor and certainly knows the ropes and proved to be the perfect choice to do the inspection and to advise us on what was wrong with the condo as well as what would be needed to fix it up the way we wanted. He arrived promptly on the inspection date and thoroughly explained each step of the inspection, what he was looking for and what he found. Furthermore, as promised, he investigated the special issues that concerned us. For example, one of our concerns was that the condo has ceilings that are fairly low, a little under eight feet. The wood floor is not in good shape and needs to be replaced in accordance with the current rules of the condo association which means that there must be an underlayment. After checking, Markus showed us that the original floor was directly glued on as well as being only one-half inch thick. Therefore, our original idea of adding a regular wood floor would also cause us to lose almost an inch and a half in what is already a low ceiling height. After breaking the bad news to us, Markus laid out our various options. We have not yet decided what to do but the help was spot on, including a couple of newer options. He also has made himself available for additional questions and suggestions in the week, so far, following our inspection and offered to help as needed. His report was thorough, including pictures, and even an estimate of the cost of the various projects we are expecting to complete before we move in.

Marc Anderson Architects

Marc Anderson Architects is an easy to work with Chicago based full-service architecture and design firm serving the greater Chicagoland area. We listen to our clients to learn and then adopt their goals as our own. These goals focus our work to find the best custom design for each client. Our knowledge of construction methods expands our creative flexibility while also providing cost effective solutions. With experience in residential, mix-use developments, commercial build-outs, public institutions, daycare center, and commercial tenant improvements, MAA is well prepared to help you plan a beautiful, functional space that fits your specific needs.

V & R Design-Build LLC

With over 11 years of remodeling and architectural experience, we are here to help you with any remodeling needs you may have. We also provide a discount for senior citizens and military.

Rus Architects/Renderers, Inc.

We are licensed / insured architects with 20 years of Midwestern experience in the custom residential and light commercial building sectors. Self-Certified with the City of Chicago allows our staff to 'pull' permits in one day. We work with clients on everything from feasibility studies to innovative 3D packages, always keeping their needs at the forefront.

Satisfaction

Home & Condo inspections, Building Assessments for multi-unit apartments buildings, restaurants, bars, warehouses and other commercial properties, Housing Court services, Troubled Buildings Specialist. Code counseling, Project evaluation, IR scans, Energy Audits