A to Z Electrical Svc

Founded 1967 • With Angi since September 2007

Family Owned & Operated. Since 1967, A+ Rating With The BBB. No Subcontractors. Licensed Bonded and Insured. Emergency calls.

electrician (108)lighting (25)ceiling fan installation (15)

12/17/2021

Vincent S.

They're excellent service providers and I still use them until now. They've been fantastic!

Description of Work
They had installed outlets, outside lights, electrical line and multiple electrical things.

Work Completed On 10/17/2020

Thank you so much for the Review we really appreciate it. Please keep us in mind and let your family & friends know about us. Thanks again

11/30/2021

Irene B.

Excellent work. Robert came the same day, quickly determined the cause of the problem and fixed it. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
electrical panel turned off

Work Completed On 11/30/2021

Thanks for the 5 Stars we really appreciate it. Please feel free to tell your family & friends about us. We are here to help. Thanks again for being a great Customer.

07/07/2021

Gwendolyn M W.

Start to finish the A To Z Electrical Company is the best electrical team we have hired. Millie is such a pleasure to work with. She is efficient, courteous, and friendly. She helps to make things work seamlessly. Bob Iovino understood exactly what needed to be done and did everything in a professional manner. He squeezed me in although he had a very busy schedule. He is courteous, friendly, and in no time he had the job done and it was done right. It truly was a pleasure doing business with him and the company. We recommend them highly.

Description of Work
4 GCFI outlets installed and one outlet reverse polarity repaired

Work Completed On 07/07/2021

[Member Name Removed], thanks for such a great review. You were also a pleasure, thanks for your business. Feel free to let your friends and families know about us. Glad we were able to help. :)

03/31/2021

Nancy D.

Bob did a great job. He came out to fix our outdoor lights and we thought the problem was solved but they still were not working after he left. It turned out to be a bigger issue and problem. I called the next day and he came right back out to troubleshoot and repair for us. He was great!

Description of Work
We had some outdoor lights that were not working properly.

Work Completed On 03/31/2021

Thank you very much, we appreciate your business. We are here to help you, your family, friends and neighbors when needed. Please give us a call 773-286-4500.

10/19/2020

ronald E.

I found someone else to do it much cheaper they try to rip off customers with there prices,a fixture would have cost over 250 with this company .I would say beware way over priced for a easy job..........

Description of Work
Just need light fixture installed

Category lighting

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

Sorry you feel that way, we have over 50 years of experience Electricians and we guarantee our work. An "F" rating is unfair to give a company with an "A+" rating with the BBB. Price that was quoted to you was based on time and material for 2 fixtures and repairing an Outlet. This was a quote over the phone. Again this was just an estimate it wasn't a guaranteed price. Sorry for the inconvenienced we may have caused. Just want to confirmed price was not for just 1 fixture.

08/13/2020

sherry Q.

They do not service our area. I was under impression that I was given companies that work in Lansing, il

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 08/13/2020

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry that you were given wrong information but that is beyond our control and we feel that it's unfair to give us a "D" rating, ratings should be on our work not that we don't service your area. A to Z Electric has been in Business for over 50 years with an excellent reputation.

08/09/2020

Donna R.

Bedroom outlet did not work because another electrician installed the ceiling fan incorrectly, A to Z corrected that problem. Also, fan was not working properly--changing speeds by itself. I obtained a new receiver from the manufacturer & A to Z installed the new receiver.

Description of Work
Bedroom outlet did not work.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/06/2020

05/30/2020

ROBERT R.

Called on a Saturday morning for emergency help after 1/2 our house lost electrical power. Received a call back from Barry one of their electricians. I described our problem and he immediately diagnosed a problem with exterior power supply from our power supplier ComEd. He recommended we call ComEd as their would be no charge if they repaired the problem. Barry gave me his cell phone number and asked me to keep him updated. ComEd came out and repaired the problem and restored the power as described by Barry. I appreciate the honesty of this company and their spot on advice. If we have any future electrical problems we will call them first!

Description of Work
Lost electrical power to 1/2 of our house.

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

03/10/2020

Sharon A.

William was pleasant, professional and did the job quickly. Charged $75 per fixture as quoted. Very pleased with results.

Description of Work
Install replacement bathroom light fixtures in 2 bathrooms. Also repair wall outlet.

Work Completed On 03/07/2020

03/05/2020

Sharon T.

installation of antique chandeliers from Europe

Description of Work
Frank and Ron were fantastic. They work closely with me to ensure the install went smoothly and to my liking. Ron has excellent follow up which was very helpful to me. I would highly recommend them for any electrical services going forward.

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

Thank you [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure. Please feel free to call us anytime and refer us to your friends and family. Once again Thank you we appreciate your Review and your Business.

01/06/2020

Sandra R.

The 3 gentlemen (Ron, Frank & Tony) were very courteous, polite, & professional. I had a variety of electrical things that needed repair and (All) was done to my satisfaction. Ron went above what I expected, by going to the store and getting a porch light for me. I truly appreciate him for that additional act of kindness. I am so pleased with their work and would HIGHLY recommend them to others. Also, I "Thank" Millie who was so pleasant and kind on the phone. They truly are a Terrific team.

Description of Work
Electricity restored to upstairs rooms, ceiling fan installed

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 12/17/2019

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure talking with you and I'm glad the our crew was to your satisfaction. Please feel free to call us anytime and refer us to your friends and family. Once again Thank you we appreciate your Review and your Business.

09/28/2019

Linda M.

A to Z was very prompt in responding to my initial phone call, setting up an appointment to look at what I wanted to have done, and performed and completed the project two days later. I was very happy with their service and their very prompt response. I will definitely use them agin for any future electrical work.

Description of Work
Lighting and electrical installation

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed], it was a pleasure. We appreciate your business, feel free to refer us to your family, friends, and neighbors. We'll be happy to help them too.

07/03/2019

Catherine & CAROL B.

A to Z made an appointment for the same afternoon (on July 3rd, the afternoon before the holiday), came promptly, fixed the outlet in a very short time, and left the room completely clean!

Description of Work
One of our electrical outlets had blown, with fiery sparks, burning a hole in our sofa. The Fire Department came and said we were lucky it wasn't worse.

Work Completed On 07/03/2019

07/02/2019

Sheridan C.

Bob fixed our issue quickly and painlessly. Recommended!

Description of Work
Wiring problem

Work Completed On 07/02/2019

06/24/2019

Carol L.

Called before office hours and spoke to Ron. He was patient and professional and got my home back up and running properly. Will recommend highly and will use in the future. Thanks for your help A to Z Electrical service!!!!

Description of Work
Electricity

Work Completed On 06/24/2019

Thanks for these kind words. We appreciate your business, feel free to refer us to your family, friends, and neighbors.

05/31/2019

DONALD T.

Beautiful. Very very good. Everything about them was great. Left it back clean.

Description of Work
Installed new light figure

Work Completed On 05/31/2016

Thank you very much for the kind words. We appreciate your business. Please feel free to refer us to you friends, family and neighbors.

05/30/2019

Vicki G.

Barry came over and gave a quote and was very professional and nice. Ron Frank and Tony performed the work. They were punctual, they were professional, and they were fast. Overall very pleased with the service for these electricians and would use them again.

Description of Work
Removal of 6 lights and relocating to new home

Category lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed], we value your great review. Please free to refer us to your family friends and neighbors. And again thank you

05/29/2019

SHARON A.

They are wonderful, prompt, clean and I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a bunch of little job, and rewire some electrical for me.

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

Thank you, we value your great review. Please feel free to refer us to your friends family and neighbors.

05/29/2019

SHARON A.

They are wonderful, prompt, clean and I highly recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They did a bunch of little job, and rewire some electrical for me.

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

05/21/2019

Christine W.

I contacted via their website, got a callback the next day and scheduled the visit for today. Bob appeared on time and completed the outlet repair, then looked at a bathroom sconce that wasn't functioning. He got the sconce working and recommended purchasing LED bulbs. I would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Outlet repair

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] we value your great review. Please feel free to refer us to your friends family and neighbors.

03/13/2019

Scott W.

Bob and Frank were able to quickly discover where a hidden transformer was and make necessary adjustments through the ceiling to rewire a light switch. They were kind, respectful, and efficient.

Description of Work
Re-wire an intercom/buzzer system

Work Completed On 03/13/2019

12/06/2018

Lindsey B.

I am really pleased with the workmanship, the electrician was very thorough. I'm glad I hired A to Z for this project!

Description of Work
New electrical panel

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

10/11/2018

SHARON A.

I am really happy with it. The price were good, the guys were great and explained everything. They were great. I have already recommended them to other people.

Description of Work
They replaced 5 closet lights, and put in motion detector led lamp, and replaced 11 cans with led cans.