A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC.

Founded 2003 • With Angi since October 2006

2.6

8128 S WESTERN AVENUE

Chicago, IL 60620

A-Consumers Heating & Cooling Inc., is the name you can trust in providing Air Conditioning and Heating services to the Chicago and Cook County areas. We guarantee you professional quality and dependable services because you deserve nothing less. Your satisfaction is our top priority. Some of our

01/21/2015

Tina (christina) B.

Description of Work
Quite a long time ago, I called the company to get a price for cleaning my chimney. The sales rep sold me a chimney liner I did not need. He failed to test, or tell me, that what I needed were two new furnaces, as the chimney blockage had burned out both furnaces. In addition, the work done actually CAUSED the chimney to leak water, resulting in damage to my attic. I was unable to get a call back to FIX the chimney damage and, discouraged and ill, I never got them to do proper repair. The company used to be called A-Consumer's Heating and A/C, but the address and license are for the same company I used.

07/30/2013

Daffanie H.

It stared out okay but after replacing the furnace motor they were suppose to return to fix a hose where water was leaking and never came back. I made several attempts to call and was given the run around. I ended up hiring someone else to complete the job. After this experience and unprofessional service I stopped using this company.

Description of Work
Replaced thermostat and was to fix a water leak on the furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Sorry to hear about your experience [Member Name Removed], As I reviewed the invoice there was no estimate/charge for the leaking water repair nor thermostat. During this time in 2013 (4 years ago) our company president was out the office due to a personal reasons. This is no excuse, however please understand there was water on the floor upon our arrive, (note on service ticket) the invoice quoted estimate for motor replacement. We would have been happy to service you for an additional service fee. Funny how things work out, because we recently installed a new furnace. Mrs. [Member Name Removed] thank you for being a current customer today 7/30/2017. We strive to provide quality service at a reasonable price.

08/21/2007

Aimee B.

Horribly. The technicians did not correctly diagnose the problem. But still they attempted to which made a bad situation worse. They offered to come out and give us a quote on replacing both units but I will not allow them in my home again.

Description of Work
Our basement flooded and we had 3 feet of standing water. Our furnace, air conditioner and hot water heater all stopped working. They came out and gave us an estimate to replace parts. The parts (blower board) were not in stock and they said they would be out at 8am the following morning. After numerous phone calls the next day we finally saw someone at 6pm. It's 2 months later and the air conditioner is not working again. Their technician said it was an anti-freeze leak and would require a new line run out to the unit. A 2nd and 3rd opinion by different companies both said the new blower was not installed properly after the flood and that both the furnace and hot water heater should have been replaced right after the flood because we now are facing serious mold problems.

05/15/2007

Anthony T.

Overall, the service was good. The company provides 24 hour service and came the same day that I called. Once the worker figured out the sensor problem, he was able to fix it immediately. However, I also needed to purchase a new filter, a special type. The worker tried to convince me that I would need to order it from their company and let them install it for an additional $79.00. I decided to wait until the next day before making a decision. I found out that Home Depot had a supply of the same filter for approx. $30. Obviously, I bought the filter from Home Depot and installed it myself.

Description of Work
The Sensor (main problem) and other parts of the unit were cleaned.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for being a current customer [Member Name Removed]. Please note we don't sale parts. We don't stock parts at our company. We purchase parts on the behalf of our customers. We too shop at Homedepot, Menards and a list of other suppliers. Sorry to hear about the experience with the worker.

12/27/2006

MARK R.

It didn't go. After missing one appointment (just didn't show up, didn't call), we rescheduled. They came out, looked at the boiler, gave us an estimate and said they'd call by 1 to tell us when they were coming back to do the work. I called at 4 to find out when they'd be back. They promised they'd call back by 5. No call. I called at 7 to tell them not to come that night, we rescheduled for the next day at noon. By 1 I had not heard from them, and found someone else to do the work.

Description of Work
Needed boiler bled and repaired. They didn't end up doing anything for us.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Sorry to hear about your experience. During this time 4 years ago our company president was out of the office and some employees made bad decisions.

10/03/2006

SETH D.

We recently moved into the house and didn't know the details on caring for the furnace and A/C, nor what condition they were in. The service person was very generous with his time in explaining what maintenance the units needed. It turned out that no real ''service'' was required, but the information was worth the cost of the service call. The service box that was added to the A/C unit was in order to meet Chicago city code.

Description of Work
They serviced our furnace and central A/C. They added an outdoor whip and service box to the A/C.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for being a customer for over 20 years!

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi
    Air Duct Maintenance Solutions LLC

We provide the following services; *Air duct cleaning *Furnace cleaning *Air duct sanitize treatment *Dryer vent cleaning *Bird nest removal *Bathroom fan cleaning We're a new company made up of three generations of family, 100% committed. With some years of experience doing this kind of work. Our goal is that all our clients are satisfied with the work we provide, so that their homes are clean throughout the year. It is our mission to build trust and relationships with clients to continue serving them every year.

ASK FOR DETAILS

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC.

How is A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. overall rated?

A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. is currently rated 2.6 overall out of 5.

What days are A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. open?

A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. is open:

What payment options does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. provide

A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offer free estimates?

No, A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. does not offer free project estimates.

Does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offer a senior discount?

No, A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. does not offer a senior discount.

Does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offer emergency services?

Yes, A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offers emergency services.

Are warranties offered by A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC.?

No, A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. does not offer warranties.

What services does A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offer?

A-CONSUMERS HEATING & COOLING, INC. offers the following services: Air Conditioning System Installation And Repair, Heating Unit Installation And Repair, Boiler Installation And Repair, Furnace Installation And Replacement, Humidifier Installation, Duct Work, Estimates,Design & Engineering,Furnace Cleaning,Residential Services,Commercial Services,Custom Work,System Cleaning ,Air Quality Testing