1 Allstate Remodeling Inc

Founded 2001 • With Angi since April 2012

4.4

600 W Diversey Pkwy Apt 505

Chicago, IL 60614

Certified Aging in Place Home Modifications specialist. Home improvement and general remodeling. As Chicago's Green Remodeling and Sustainable Product Specialists, we incorporate green remodeling principles throughout our company. We go to extraordinary lengths to ensure that each construction or remodeling job flows smoothly, efficiently, and on budget. We are using our expert craftsmanship to develop and implement designs that fit your life and business style. Whether your project is a small bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling or basement remodeling, or a large commercial reconstruction, rest assured that green remodeling principles will be followed....

09/04/2014

Kathryn B.

Description of Work
Powder room. It went ok but the drywall wasn't smooth in quite a few places and the debris was left in my alley(including a toilet, vanity and old cabinet

08/31/2014

MARIO W.

The master bathroom is beautiful and is my favorite room in the house right now. Great care was taken to provide the best construction supplies. The workman was superb and really did his best to explain the project and any problems that arose along the way. The quality of the workmanship by this company is high-end. And I purchased the best quality finishes (Toto toilet, Gerber lavatory, Delta faucets, Fluerco doors, Broan medicine cabinets) my budget could handle. All fixtures, tiles, bathroom furnishings were provided by the customer, as stated in the contract. Although Allstate came to the house twice to examine the space before providing the service, and despite my explaining to the company that I was very concerned about the budget for the project, the final cost was over TWICE the original projected cost. This is the main reason that I wouldn't use them again. The work is really excellent, but it exceeded my budget substantially. As was explained to me, additional costs came from reconfiguring the bathroom layout and basically doing "more work" than was planned for. It was definitely not an easy project and only one worker took on the daunting task. I saw him work tirelessly everyday, going up and down from the 2nd floor to the basement all day. But I still feel like the owner made me pay for "his mistake" in not really properly estimating the level of work involved. The owner came to me TWICE to ask for a substantial amount more than what I'd budgeted for due to 'contingencies". I felt like I had no alternative but to pay him. He never offered any less expensive alternatives. I am still feeling the financial sting from this. I simply cannot give a company a high rating if cost overuns are this large because this shows either a lack of deep familiarity with one's craft or simply unwillingness to communicate effectively and provide budget-conscious alternatives. Moreover, I did show the first floor ceiling damage to the company and explained how this was connected to the past bathroom problems and that I wanted it repaired as well as the bathroom rehabbing. But the company charged me separately for this and I simply feel that this was an unfair practice. Allstate has good references. They spoke very highly of the company. They are very nice people who were solicitous of my health and well-being. They were respectful of my home and I would love to be able to use them again. When I have an unlimited budget for a project, they'll be the first people I call!

Description of Work
Allstate completed (essentially gutted and started from ground-up) an unfinished master bathroom that the previous owner begun to remodel but never finished. The remodel included tiled floor and tiled enclosed shower with new plumbing lines, new electric lines, etc. Additionally, due to damage caused over time from the previous owners' neglect of the bathroom and poor remodeling, the company repaired damaged, compromised floor joists, replaced water damage plaster ceiling on first floor, sanded and painted ceiling.

Category flooring contractor, plastering, remodeling, home remodeling

06/27/2014

Rosetta W.

Description of Work
Remodeled the bathroom. It went well. Needs to come back to rehang a door.

06/03/2014

Marieth M.

The owner Alex that is what we call him, he is very nice and very pleasant and really tries to give you a good deal of what gives you a project and things like that. He really shares a lot of information and he is very presentable and very nice man. It was good, but not the best that i have seen but it was up there. He made us buy his materials and things like that.

Description of Work
1 Allstate Remodeling Inc remodeled a bedroom bathroom and they actually added an en suite shower.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

11/19/2012

Judy K.

They did a very nice job. The bathroom looks very good. I ended up spending more than I wanted because the vanity titles and every other piece ended up adding up. But I purchased all of my own pieces from Menards and had it all delivered here and the guys installed it. It does look very nice

Description of Work
Complete rehab and gut of main bathroom

07/27/2012

Faith L.

They are wonderful people. They come out and did a great job, and then the president, Alex, does an inspection once the job is completed. He also came in to give recommendations on improvements to make around the house. They also have done a remodel on my back porch that was great. I have recommended him to other friends, and everyone has been satisfied with their work. When he said he was going to start, he started. When he said it'd be finished it was done. The workers always started on time.

Description of Work
They put new double pane storm windows all over my house.

Master Systems Electric

Residential and commercial electrical Services outlet,switches,lights and updated electrical

DSY Construction Inc

We are a full-service general construction company with a wide range of experience from remodeling to construction, and have been serving Chicagoland area for over 10 years. We can help you with all aspects of home projects from those small handyman projects to home additions and everything else in between, whatever it might be. Whether it’s, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, custom cabinets, tilling or HVAC repair or installation, we can even help you with design and blue prints of your new space. Give us a call or send us an email with your request.

JC & Son Masonry Inc

8-10 employees. No subs. cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No service fees. May contact through email. Additional contact: Jake.

Universal Design, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Basements, Siding, Porches, Decks, Roofing, Concrete work, Brick work, & Tuck Point, Attics.

Handy Man