Next Door & Window

Founded 2002 • With Angi since July 2006

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004....

A Service Provider's profile image

+45 more images

door installation202160563
Recently installed Provia Signet double entry doors with Barcelona glass.
Naperville Home  project

door installation

202160563
Marvin Bow project
Marvin Bow

window replacement

202160459

4.4

window replacement (207)door installation (136)woodworking (11)siding companies (10)general contractors (7)screen repair (6)garage doors (6)insulation (5)plumbers (3)window security film (1)house cleaning (1)glass repair (1)

10/26/2021

Barb L.

Fantastic service from start to finish! Beautiful workmanship.

Description of Work
Front door replaced

Category contractors, doors

Work Completed On 10/26/2021

[Member Name Removed], thank you very much for your review! We truly appreciate it.

10/25/2021

Bruce C.

It was great. The installers arrived on time and were courteous and professional. One door was on the 3rd floor which required them to haul up the parts 3 floors which they did with a smile on their faces. The finished result was excellent and we are very satisfied.

Description of Work
2 Patio Doors

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

Thank you, very much for your great review, [Member Name Removed]. It means a lot!

06/19/2021

Roger B.

Exceptional! From the beginning of the process with the salesman, through to the completion of the project yesterday, the experience was amazing. The installers were craftsmen. They did their work with a sense of joy. My interaction with them was professional and great fun. They asked questions throughout the installation to make certain the final product was perfect. I'd hire this firm again in an instant.

Description of Work
Two Doors and Two Windows

Work Completed On 06/18/2021

Review for Next Door & Window - 16W240 83rd Street, Burr Ridge, IL - 39376199

04/21/2021

CAROL F.

TERRIBLE customer service and terrible quality control processes. They made a mistake with the glass cutouts for my door and they have yet to fix it 5 weeks after the door arrived, and they have not proactively followed up with me on the issue. I have to be the one to keep calling and texting them. When I do finally get a person on the phone, they make excuses and then they promise me they'll look into the issue and get back to me in a day or two. They haven't kept a single one of their commitments to follow-up with me or to fix the issue. The irony is that I actually caught the issue for them when they sent me the contract. It didn't specify the name of the glass I requested so I asked the sales rep to modify the contract to include that. He said that's just the way they write their contracts and he assured me the glass I requested is what would be in the door. After waiting 4 months for the door to arrive - you guessed it: wrong glass. Turns out the glass I requested isn't even available. The sales rep blamed it on an out of date catalog and completely dismissed my point that if he had written the name of the glass on the contract as I asked, the issue would have been caught earlier. I get the feeling that once they get your money, they could care less about you. The only reason I'm giving them 2 stars instead of 1 is because the installer did an excellent job and he actually seemed to care about my satisfaction.

Description of Work
New entry door for single family home

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

We are sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with Next Door and Window and hope you will accept our sincere apologies. We really appreciate your feedback and we will do our best to resolve this service for you as soon as possible. Unfortunately, current lead time is longer than normal. We did speak with our customer to let them know the replacement door is expected in 3 weeks at which time we will replace it with the proper glass. Again we truly apologize that the project is not going as smoothly as it should.

11/10/2020

Randy S.

The entire process was great and pretty seamless. Next Door and Window completed the job as promised, the work was great and the products they sold us were of high quality. The price for the entire job was higher than we anticipated but we are happy with the end result. The entire installation process was done in one day and the entire area was cleaned up. The doors and materials removed during the installation process was all removed as well.

Description of Work
Replacement of front entry door and storm door

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for Next Door & Window - 16W240 83rd Street, Burr Ridge, IL - 39015533

10/28/2020

Jonathan A.

Very well. The team discovered that the windows we previously had were installed without any insulation and added it free of charge. Despite the roadblock they were still done in a matter of hours and I'm very happy with our new windows. Our bedroom maintains a stable temperature now, which will be a lifesaver with winter coming.

Description of Work
Window replacement for two windows in our bedroom.

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

10/24/2020

Jeffrey B.

Soon after I signed the contract, a second person came to my house to measure. I do not know if this is usual with ordering new windows but I felt it showed an attention to detail. The manufacturing of the new windows took a bit longer than I expected. However I would prefer taking a little extra time and doing things correctly. I was kept informed of any differences from what we originally discussed. To me, these differences were inconsequential but I am pleased that I was contacted regarding them. Once the windows were delivered to NEXT, I was contacted and arranging a day for installation. Setting up an installation date was easy and was around my schedule. The day of installation the installers and delivers of the windows were very prompt and on time. Installation was quick and efficient and completed in a few hours. The installers were attentive to my household possessions (e.g. floor covering and drop cloths were used). Questions were answered and things explained to me during and after installation. I am very satisfied with the work and product and there is no doubt in my mind that I would use NEXT for a similar project in the future.

Description of Work
Two windows replaced.

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

DAWN S.

From the initial visit by Scott L., to show me options and give me an estimate to the installation by Kris, everything was very professional, timely and efficient. Next Door & Window kept me apprised of the progress of my order for the 2 ProVia doors and with the installation date. Customer Service is top notch and very upbeat and friendly. Every employee would go above and beyond, to make a customer happy and satisfied with their purchase. I paid more than I would have with a "big box store" product, but it is well worth it for the top quality of the doors I received and the service rendered by Next Door & Window.

Description of Work
I replaced 2 storm doors.

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

Tim H.

Solid effort all around. We received expert advice from Amir in Sales, who was not pushy at all and had a very wide breadth of knowledge. His suggestion on color was spot on and really turned out looking beautiful. Mike installed our door with the utmost care, while masked, ensuring that everything was setup and functioning perfectly. He performed the work as if it were on his own house. We will be reaching out to Next in the spring to replace our backdoor.

Description of Work
Replacement of Front Door

Marge R.

Everything went well. The salesperson was friendly and helpful and knows his product line. The installers were friendly and efficient, cleaned up the area perfectly. The windows look great..

Description of Work
We had 3 windows replaced. We are repeat customers--Next Door and Window replaced our front door and several windows a few years ago.

Stephanie S.

The schedule was pretty much on target. The crew came on time. They did a thorough job. Everything looks beautiful!

Description of Work
Replaced 2 large front windows

Category replacement windows, woodworking

01/22/2020

Christine C.

I was so impressed. They were very neat and they closed up the windows very quickly. They were very careful matching colors to the existing woodworks and extremely helpful to the mechanic of the door and windows. They are just really good.

Description of Work
They replaced the windows.

Work Completed On 09/23/2019

10/27/2019

Melissa C.

Great! Josh our sales rep was knowledgeable and low pressure, ensuring we got our questions answered so we had the right product for our needs and price point. The team of two installers did a terrific job and left no mess! Our new windows looks great and function even better.

Description of Work
8 replacement windows on 2nd floor of home

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

08/05/2019

Daniel T.

The doors have not been installed yet, but the service for selecting and measuring the doors has been exceptional. We are very pleased with everything so far. I will update the review when the doors are in and installed.

Description of Work
Replace front door and garage entrance door

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

05/24/2019

Harry C.

Every step of the process, from sales and selection of the doors through scheduling and installation, exceeded our expectations. We required custom sizes because ours is an older home. Their installer Fred, took extra care to restore all of the interior finished trim work to original specifications. This is a "first-class" company and all their employees truly care about customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
Replace front entry door and storm door

Category woodworking, doors

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

04/10/2019

Tricia K.

Excellent customer service! Next Door kept all promises and delivered a beautiful product. If you want to get it right the first time with a company who is truly looking to be a lifelong window company then select Next Door. I talked with several windows salesman and learned very quickly of the "fine print" - Amer and the team at Next Door were very clear on who they are and that they are looking to build customers for life. Perhaps not the cheapest, but certainly the most reliable!

Description of Work
Replacement of a Bay and Bow Window

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

12/03/2018

Carmel O.

The replacement went very well. Workers did a great job of installing the windows and keeping the dust to a minimum and cleaning up after the windows were installed. One of the windows was a large bow window which had to be custom built to fit into the style of our 92 year old house. It look better than the original!

Description of Work
Replacement of windows

Work Completed On 12/03/2018

10/22/2018

Jerry S.

They put in patio door and window, they had no screens for either. They were supposed to come out several times and didn't make it. When they finally did I still have no screens.

Description of Work
They put in patio door and window

Work Completed On 10/02/2018

We are sorry about this mistake and the frustration that was caused. We installed the patio door and window on September 26th in which there were two services. There was a torn screen which we repaired and installed it on October 3rd. The patio door screen had come in with the wrong handing from our supplier, (left handed when the door required right handed.) The screen was immediately reordered and we arranged installation for October 24th. We again apologize for the delay and trust all will be corrected by the 24th. Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

08/29/2018

Susan K.

We enjoyed working with Amar the salesperson. He was professional, knowledgable and personable. He was able to show us a sample of the window we were interested in and answered all our questions. He explained in detail what to expect, even though every detail is spelled out and giving to you. in writing. We made a trip to show room in Burr Ridge because we had a few other questions and ended up meeting one of the Owners. He walked us around and showed us different windows as he answered our questions. We are happy with the window so far, we wanted a good quality window and so far, so good! Definitely get an estimate from them..

Description of Work
Replacement of living room bow window

Work Completed On 08/06/2018

06/07/2018

Stephen N.

Very well. I was impressed with the professionalism and attention to detail. Never had a problem throughout the process.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 patio doors.

Work Completed On 06/07/2018

Thank you for the kind words. Here at Next Door and Window we do everything we can to make certain your experience with window and door replacement is the best it possibly can be. We are happy that you are happy. Thanks so much!

05/08/2018

CURTIS W.

Sales process was thorough and pleasant. Build process was transparent and to the schedule. Installed perfectly in one day. Everything went smooth. Door is great. Highly recommend Next Door & Window.

Description of Work
Replaced a three-panel Hurd Patio door with a custom, three-panel Marvin patio door.

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Review for Next Door & Window - 16W240 83rd Street, Burr Ridge, IL - 37046096

03/23/2018

Robert B.

Arrived right on time. Professional. Place was spotless afterward. Door looks great

Description of Work
Door replacement

Work Completed On 03/23/2018