Vanecek Electric

Founded 1945 • With Angi since December 2019

Shockingly Affordable ! We bring to the table 4 generations of knowledge and experience in the electrical industry. We take on a wide range of electrical projects to include full installation for additions and remodels as well as wiring and panel upgrades and a variety of other jobs. We're

2022 Super Service Award

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

electrician (25)lighting (6)ceiling fan installation (3)garage doors (2)

10/11/2022

Laura L.

Very responsive. Came out and unsure of cause of problem Corrected one possible cause. Was told to call if power went out again. Piwer out next day and called and he came out that morning and was able to assess true issue and fix it. Very responsive to my calls

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/21/2022

09/05/2022

Sarah S.

I cannot say enough nice things about John Vanecek. We had the power to our garage accidentally cut during a new fence installation. John was able to come out and give us options for repair. We ended up running a new line and installed a car charging port in case we need it in the future. John works incredibly hard and is extremely professional. Communication was excellent and the pricing was extremely fair for the work that was performed. We've since had him out again to install some new light fixtures inside the house.

Description of Work
new electrical line from house to garage

Work Completed On 06/13/2022

07/12/2022

Jean C.

Installed 4 ceiling fans for me. Quick and knowledgeable. Paid a one time fee (maybe $50) for the service but it’s good for life and covers future services. Will call them again if I need work done.

Description of Work
Ceiling Fan Install

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/27/2022

01/21/2022

Andrew R.

It went well! Installation was fast and precise. Will absolutely hire again for future electrical work

Description of Work
Finish installing a ceiling fan

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

12/22/2021

Trina J.

Pros: 1. I received a call 20-30 min before the electrician arrived. 2. I was provided a timeframe and estimate before the work was performed. 3. The work was completed same day. Cons: 1. Payment options are Cash, check or Venmo but you don't receive an invoice prior to. I had to pay before the invoice was sent which seems backwards IMO. 2. The work took 2 hours when an electrician from earlier in the day said it'd take an hour once he had the part he needed. (interestingly, no part was mentioned by this company.) Their trip charge is $60 and the hourly rate is $90. So all in, two light fixtures under the kitchen cabinet were replaced for $240. Would use them again, especially since there's no trip charge for repeat customers (if called out again). IMO, the trip charge should be reduced or waved if you get the repairs. This was not a $240 job.

Description of Work
Replace two light fixture under kitchen cabinet

Work Completed On 12/21/2021

10/15/2021

Anne B.

John installed Nest Protect monitors for us on three levels and then I had him come back to replace a very high ceiling fan. Knowledgeable, efficient and he ensured everything worked and was clean. Will definitely hire for my next job!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

09/12/2021

Ken N.

Vanecek was referred to me by a friend. They were quickly able to diagnose the problem which was the ev charger unit (which was under warranty). Will look to have them replace when the new unit comes. Great communication and easy to work with. We plan on having them work on other electrical projects at the same time.

Description of Work
Issue with ev charger.

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

08/31/2021

Alex K.

John was courteous and professional. Explained issues well. He worked very efficiently and finished earlier than estimated. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 08/31/2021

04/19/2021

Stephanie H.

I really appreciated how quickly I was able to get someone to service our home. We were able to get John to come take a look at two light fixtures that needed attention the same day. Cortney at the office kept me updated on his arrival and John got right to work when he got here. He diagnose the situation, told me what we needed and was willing to run out right then and there and get all the supplies. He was back 45 minutes later installing the proper materials. He was incredibly thorough and made sure to explain what he did which I appreciated as I am trying to learn as much as I can about my new home. I look forward to working with John again on more electrical work that needs to be addressed in our home.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

01/21/2021

Jennifer W.

What an AMAZING family owned and operated electric company! So amazing, in fact, that we have hired him back 25 times so far (and we are still going)! Saying all the wonderful things that I have to say about John and the manner in which he performs his craft; his professionalism; his ability to think creatively while tackling the most perplexing situations and keeping costs down; his ‘expert’ level of skill (his ‘can do’ attitude is refreshing) and impeccable quality of work; his commitment to developing his craft and to doing as little damage to your home as possible; his loyalty and dependability; and his individual attention to each customer during the time that he responds to that customer’s service request (i.e., as if that customer is the only one that exists) ... would result in a review the length of Marcel Proust’s elephantine “Remembrance of Things Past.” Cutting to the obvious conclusion: Hire Vanecek Electric for your electric needs! You will be elated knowing that you weren’t just taken to the bank for shoddy work. .... You will be at peace (and able to sleep) because you and your family are safe.

Description of Work
The removal and installation of 15 light fixtures, chandeliers, ceiling fans, sconces, fluorescent work lights, and semi-flush pendants. Installation of double oven with gas range and electric double oven. Running of electric cable, metal piping, wiring, etc. to areas 16-ft high for completely new light fixture installs in stairwells. Installation of additional breakers and outlets as needed. Rewiring of old wires that were incorrectly run and/or now damaged.

Category electrician, garage doors, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 10/01/2020

Review for Vanecek Electric - 9529 Garfield Ave, Brookfield, IL - 39147049

01/17/2021

Pranav B.

Courtney was very good at scheduling including providing 30 min updates about the arrival of the electrician. John, the electrician was very thorough with the job. The fans were fixed very quickly. The garage door opener was a bit of a challenge, but nevertheless, John figured it out and it works great. It was nice that they give a free estimate. The overall price was very reasonable (I got 1-2 other estimates). They also got my work done on Dec 31 and Jan 1 which was really good. I highly recommend this family-run business.

Description of Work
Fans and garage door opener

Category electrician, garage doors

Work Completed On 12/31/2020

01/15/2021

Christopher R.

Although it turned out to be more difficult than expected, John stuck with it, got the job done, for the price we agreed on and we passed inspection by the village and by ComEd.

Description of Work
Underground box installed and temporary hookup of electric for new underground line install by ComEd

Work Completed On 12/21/2020

12/16/2020

Stephenie K.

Fixed it perfectly and scored a 100% on professionalism. Cleaned up after his mess and VERY polite.

Description of Work
John fixed the light by my front door

Work Completed On 12/20/2020

12/11/2020

Ty T.

Awesome Customer Service and Awesome Technician! Very Helpful and Extremely Knowledgeable. 5 Star Service!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

12/11/2020

Ty T.

Awesome Customer Service and Awesome Technician. Very knowledgeable and very helpful. 5 Star Service!

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

08/21/2020

Mary H.

Great - John very can-do and efficient.

Description of Work
Hang chandelier

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

06/22/2020

Melissa F.

I hadn't hired an electrician, and they made it so smooth and easy for me.

Description of Work
They were prompt, friendly, got it done the same day.

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

05/19/2020

Tyler Q.

great work, late on a Saturday - finished with a follow up on Sunday.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 05/16/2020

05/17/2020

Kene R.

Great . I am very pleased. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 05/18/2020

05/15/2020

Joe M.

His wiring conduit bending skills were on point but he did not work very efficiently. The job was only a few outlets in my garage and it took multiple days to complete. He left one of the junction boxes open with wires spilling out of it and left his sweater behind as well. Maybe he was having a bad day and he was in a rush, I don't know. It wasn't anything I couldn't take care of after the fact but I didn't get the impression that he was very detail oriented and I'd rather work with someone else in the future.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

01/30/2020

Andrew S.

John was great - diagnosed the problem quickly and got it taken care of in good time.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 01/29/2020

01/28/2020

erma B.

Very good worker well priced would definitely use again.

Description of Work
installation of switches

Work Completed On 01/28/2020

01/28/2020

John C.

Excellent job, everything was done with no worries, would use again

Description of Work
wired a whole house to pass inspection to sell

Work Completed On 12/02/2019