Aire Serv of Kankakee

Founded 2002 • With Angi since January 2010

601 West Broadway

Bradley, IL 60915

We are a family owned company. I have been in the HVAC field for over 15 years. Our company services and installs all makes and models of furnace and air conditioning equipment. Because we are a small company every customer is important to us and with very little overhead we are able to give our customers Quality work at reasonable prices. I am not only the V.P. of the company but I am the service tech and the installer therefore you will get the best service our company has to offer....

11/01/2017

Martha M.

Very helpful and took plenty of time with us. Did not charge for evaluation.

Description of Work
Aire serv looked at my 14 year old furnace and gave me a second opinion about its condition and need for repairs. The tech spent a long time here but did not charge me. They also gave me an estimate on a new furnace. No pressure, and we decided on repairs. They gave us lots of information. Also send reminders of service time and pictures of the service person for security.

10/19/2017

Roger J.

Great, very professional and thorough job!

Description of Work
Furnace cleaning

02/11/2017

Martha M.

I think that went well. They came when they said they were going to come.

Description of Work
I think all they did was service the furnace, they just checked out everything, make sure everything is running and in good condition.

12/20/2016

Connie S.

Excellent! I was very pleased with the service and the knowledge of my tech.

Description of Work
Maintenance of furnace was performed. He was very efficient and explained to me what I need to do on my own to keep my unit performing efficiently. He was familiar with other contractors in this area, and gave me very competitive quotes on future products ie whole house vent cleaning. I will definitely contact him in the future and gladly refer him.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/30/2016

Shannon F.

I had initially scheduled the AC Service for my home. I was able to get appointment the same week and service tech showed up right on time! He went through a 20 point 'comfort' inspection with me which not only covered the AC unit, but he checked out the furnace where it connected too. He had mentioned other specials that they were having and I was not very interested until he asked me if he could put a tube camera down my ducts to see if there is build up there. UGH. I had no idea of the amount of dust etc (legos) that had built up in there! I was able to get a good deal (sale I think?) on the additional duct service because I added it with the AC Service call and he did it the same day! I was impressed with the service, thoroughness, and my house feels so much more clean now that I got all that extra dirt out!!

Description of Work
Serviced AC Unit and cleaned out air ducts

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

07/25/2016

julie T.

it went great. he was very professional and explained everything he was going to do.

Description of Work
central air cleaining.

08/27/2015

Emma W.

Description of Work
Installed new A/C. Everything went smoothly. I was very pleased with the knowledge and professionalism of the technician. I would definitely recommend.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

10/03/2014

David O.

'Called on a Friday morning and John answered, told him I had one of those old gas water-heater that circulates hot water throughout the house using baseboards. He said he wasn't familiar with the exact system, maybe I explained it wrong but he said that most of these systems all use similar systems and that he would take a look at it that afternoon at 1:00pm, and there would be a $50(maybe $75?) service fee that would be waived if I used his service, and he seemed pretty familiar with how our system worked even though he admitted he admitted he had not worked on one before,(I have to admit these units are awesome but have never ever seen one before, but once John saw it he hew exactly how the system worked). John was running late from a previous appointment but notified me right away that he would be there about 30 minutes later, if that was OK, (a lot of contractors would consider 30 minutes late, on time). He looked at the heater and diagnosed the problem. I also had another forced-air ac/heating system that I used only for air, and it had broke down the week before. John offered to diagnose that also (at no extra charge) and then I could choose, (someone else had diagnosed it as needing a new switchboard and blower motor, but he was just a mechanic offering assistance). John diagnosed the switchboard , (blower motor tested fine) and made some free adjustments on the unit and I chose the hot water system which was over 20 years old. He stocks a lot of parts in his van, so he made the connection and made sure everything was running correctly. He has a computer notepad that writes up and email's invoices and will charge your credit card so he has made some serious investments in his business( inventory and technology), so I would expect he will be around for quite awhile. Very nice personality, explains everything that he has diagnosed and is does not give you a sales pitch. My wife and daughter were both home at the time and neither one felt uncomfortable, I felt like I got a great deal and if I choose to have the force air/ac unit fixed I will choose M & J again.

Description of Work
Estimate and repaired heating system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thank you for the great review. We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality of customer service.

03/31/2014

Jeremy N.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great grades on our overall service. Sorry the price was more than you expected but unfortunately some parts for HVAC systems are more expensive than we would think. Eventually we did replace the entire Air Conditioning system instead of just the A Coil. I hope that you were happy with our work.

03/10/2014

STEVE V.

Second time using M&J...They worked well my shifting schedule...they also have left their family dinner to come to help the first time I used them. They care about their clients.

Description of Work
Humidifier Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review. Great customer service is our #1 Goal.

12/17/2013

Daniel K.

It went really well. Not only was he able to fit me in today. Came in knew exactly what was wrong, fixed it, and then took the time to explain it too me. Greatly appreciated. Will only use M & J for all my heating and AC needs. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Fixed my furnaces trap.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you. We like to inform our customers not keep them in the dark.

12/11/2013

eleanor K.

The universal part did not fit our mobile home furnace. Knew of mobile home parts and service store outside our area. Job well done

Description of Work
replaced igniter in furnace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review.

12/04/2013

Barbara B.

He is an excellent worker. I have been recommending him to my friends ever since!

Description of Work
Helped with a room addition I had personally built. Serviced my air conditioning and heating unit; added duct work to the heating unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, remodeling

Thank you for the review. We strive to keep our customers happy.

12/04/2013

bernadine M.

Each time they came, they charged me a service charge - and they came 3 times. They charged me 2 additional fees. The water heater wouldn't stay running. It'd work for 2-3 weeks, and then I'd have to call them back out, which incurred another fee. Finally, I called the manufacturer's recommended technician, and he ended up fixing my pilot light immediately. I wouldn't use M & J again for water heaters.

Description of Work
I called them to come fix my water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

I'm sorry but you are mistaking us with home appliance. They are the ones that came out and could not fix the problem. We got the part under warranty for you and replaced it.

06/11/2013

Devin L.

Excellent! Very friendly, personable and helpful. Did a great job! Even noticed a few specks of dirt (that we don't even know were actually from him) into the kitchen and cleaned them up before we even noticed they were there! Great guy! Great service! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Fixed our Central Air that we were having some problems with. Fixed the thermostat, gave us loads of helpful information, and charged the freon.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the great review.

03/26/2013

Jim M.

We have been happy with his work.

Description of Work
We have hired him for work on our family homes.

Thank you.

04/05/2012

Terry C.

My water heater was leaking, initially I blamed my dog for the wet floor in my in-home office adjacent to the water heater, realized the wet spot was too big for a dog issue and discovered my water heater was the cause. I turned off the water to the water heater and went shopping. One bid was a nine hundred dollars for the same model as currently in my house installed by the previous owner eleven years earlier. I ended up buying a water heater at Menards' for three hundred, used my hand truck to remove the old water heater and get the new one in place. The new water heater was a couple inches taller and the connections were soldered in. I do not solder so I called a number I got from my mother-in-law but there was no answer. So I looked at a list of plumbers I picked up at Menards' and chose one located in Bourbonnais, M & Js'. I gave a call and the phone was answered and it was a very bad connection, I could not tell if the person was driving or whatever we were attempting to start the conversation and lost the connection. I started looking further down the list and the M & J person called me! I explained I needed solddering help, he mentioned his guy was close and possibly about finished with his current project and asked if I had the connections necessary which I believed I did. Within twenty minutes the person was at my door, we discussed options for completing the task, I needed a different valve which I left and purchased. Upon return the task was completed as discussed and the valve attached and he helped me position the water heater and asked if I needed additional help with the final hook-up which I felt I could manage. Total time with the plumber was 1.5 hours at $99.00 per. So thanks to this quick reply and assistance my new water heater was installed the same day the old broke and less than half the bid.

Description of Work
Helped me to install a water heater in my house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your business. Also keep us in mind for your heating and air conditioning projects.

James & Family Remodel

With over 20 years of professional general contracting experience, we are here to remodel or do new construction meeting your needs and dreams.

LOWE'S Air Duct Cleaning Inc. -- Unlimited Vents

Angie's SUPER SERVICE AWARD Winner for 2016. HVAC Certified Lowe's Air Duct Cleaning Business is able to offer SAME DAY SERVICE, Flat rate - UNLIMITED Vents/Returns (per 1 HVAC system). No taxes! No fees! No surcharges! Lowe's employs 3-Stage HEPA Filtration technology to ensure top notch indoor air quality. Lowe's also offers Free Video Inspection of the Air Ducts (before & after cleaning) to demonstrate quality. Specialties in cleaning HVAC/Heating & Air Ventilation System include compete elimination of: - dust and debris - allergens - animal dander - fungi - bacteria and viruses - mold. Reducing: - allergy reactions, - itchy eyes, - sneezing, - irritation of the mucous membranes, - asthma issues, - respiratory Ailments, - bad smell/odor. Equipment Lowe's uses is latest and greatest on the market, such as TurboJet Max II (power-horse negative air pressure machine made by Air-Care), and Hurricane Air Duct Cleaning Equipment (manufactured by Meyer-Machine). HEPA certified, helps improve air quality and helps those with allergy or asthma problems. EPA and American Lung Association suggested that indoor air can be up to 100 times more polluted than outdoor, and therefore poses a greater risk to our health. They also suggested that a single air vent contains more germs and microorganisms than the average chicken coop. HVAC system in your home recirculates the air 3,275 times each day. Amount of dust accumulation is enormous.

Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc.

Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. has won the Super Service Award five years in a row in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. and its employees take pride in our work! Our priority is customer service. We are the #1 seamless gutter company in the state of Illinois. We're a tree service company too! We can get to any tree you have with our new Teupen Spider equipment! We are a full service contractor who specializes in 6" residential seamless gutters, gutter guard and we are the only contractor in Illinois who specializes in 7" commercial seamless gutters! At Elite Seamless Gutters, Inc. we can take care of all you metal work such as soffit, fascia, window capping, etc. We also do roofing, siding, windows, concrete, garages, room additions, decks, power washing, doors, windows and much more! We cover all of the Rockford and Peoria areas! For a quick response time, call 815.712.1227!

MasterCard, Check, Visa, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Furnace & Air Conditioning Equipment & Accessories, New Construction, Rehabs, Ductwork, Sheet metal, HVAC, Air Duct Cleaning, Air Duct Sealing, Duct Leak Testing & Envelope Testing