M M CLEANING

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2010

1510 South East Street

Bloomington, IL 61701

M-M Cleaning Service Company has served Bloomington-Normal, IL, offering quality and experience since 1979. We'll provide free estimates and personal service. Owner/Operator, Dennis Abbott has over 25 years of experience cleaning all kinds of materials. You can count on his expertise to

07/09/2020

Mahua B.

Denis was our second choice and we got a clear understanding of what a good carpet cleaning means after we did the work with him. He knows what he does really well unlike many others. I am usually a person who does lot of research before doing anything or if I find out I choose something wrong, then I go even deeper on understanding why it went wrong. That was the case for me regarding this carpet cleaning as well. Just by reading reviews I choose someone and found out how big of a disaster I did as most people only care about how the person behaved rather than what quality of work he did. Then I did some good technical review of what a good carpet cleaning means and found out there are very few options actually I have in Bloomington-Normal area. I contacted many cleaning services and asked them in detail what exactly they do and figured that Denis is the person who is doing things in the right way and most efficiently in this area. We were not wrong and received a thorough carpet cleaning, not a maintenance cleaning which cleans mostly upper 1/3 portion of the carpet.

Description of Work
Carpet deep cleaning

11/08/2018

Mark C.

Went very well. Thorough job.

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

11/15/2017

Andrea K.

M and M did a great job! Our tile and grout now looks like it was recently installed, and our carpets look great! We were asked important questions like whether we had a dog and what type so that the areas he would frequent would have special attention to get the oils off of the carpet.

Description of Work
We had our kitchen and dining room tile/grout cleaned and carpet in our entire house cleaned.

Category ceramic tile

01/04/2017

Ron L.

The carpet areas done look great!

Description of Work
Having two pets in the house there is a spot that they like to sit, after Dennis was done you would never guess how dirty it was....great job!

09/10/2016

Barbara B.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning

04/27/2016

Marjorie J.

Description of Work
We had our large basement carpet cleaned after raising a puppy. He also cleaned 2 love seats, a theatre seat and stairs. The stains were worked on until they were gone. Two months later none have returned. His price was reasonable considering the mess he had to deal with. Very nice and pleasant to work with.

11/13/2015

michael K.

Dennis did an excellent cleaning job and he was even able to cleaned an area of paint overspray which the house painter had got on the carpet in one of the bedrooms. I was able to use a $10 coupon which M M Cleaning had posted on Angies List, that made the total cost $165. All in all a good job and a good experience.

Description of Work
I hired M M Cleaning to clean all the wall to wall carpeting in an empty house I had purchased in Bloomington, IL. This consisted of a medium size living room, a medium size bedroom, two small bedrooms and a small hallway.

08/07/2015

Thomas S.

Very professional and knowledgeable with 30 years experience. Carpets look great. We appreciated his advice for pet stain problems. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpet in dining room, living room, family room, stairs and 8 foot braided circular rug.

07/16/2015

Bernard H.

Ours is a home with children playing, and traffic areas requiring extra treatment and attention. He worked very hard cleaning the carpets. These carpets look wonderful, never better. His Rig was impressive. State of the art - High end gear ready for the biggest of jobs. Makes some of the franchise cleaning vans look antiquated. Most importantly, He was professional, knowledgeable, the price was fair and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Would definitely recommend and use again in the future. Wouldn't think of calling anyone else for cleaning my carpets. Oh, I almost forgot the Angie's List $10.00 coupon that I showed him up front, and he reminded me, and honored it. Impeccable service provider.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in 3 bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Computer Room.

04/13/2015

Sue N.

I had nearly given up and was ready to completely replace carpet in two rooms and a set of stairs. I had tried the do-it-yourself method of carpet cleaning time and time again, and the stains were still there. I called MM Cleaning based on reviews here on Angie's List. Dennis called prior to the scheduled time to confirm and he came right on time. Dennis got right to work treating the spots and then began the steam cleaning. Not only is his truck impressive, but each piece of equipment had a specific job to do. I nearly fell over when I saw the carpet - every single spot was gone and the carpet looked brand new!! I still smile every time I go upstairs. I recommend M M Cleaning 110%. Completely satisfied! Great customer service, work ethic, state-of-the-art-equipment, very fair price and amazing results.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets

12/30/2014

Mike C.

very professional, did excellent job. Would use again and highly recommend his service.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2 rooms

12/23/2014

BRIAN H.

He was on time; cleaned several difficult stains; provided good background on dealing with stains and restored the carpets to very good condition.

Description of Work
Cleaned 4 room plus steps and hallway. Removed as stains.

10/15/2014

Douglas Q.

Waiting for our house to be renovated, we moved into a carpeted apartment that hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in years. Dennis was very efficient and hard-working, and had a seriously-equipped truck (it had to go $100,000). KNowing that we would only be there a few months, he tried to talk us out of the extra $$ for Scotchguarding, looking out for our wallet. I insisted, he relented. You might be able to find cheaper, but not better, and not more committed. He's the real deal.

Description of Work
Dennis cleaned and Scotchguarded 4 areas.

06/19/2014

Patrick B.

They were confident they could remove the red nail polish from our cream carpet. The polish was mostly removed, although some light pink color remains. I believe they would have been able to remove all the polish if we had not attempted to remove it ourselves with nail polish remover before calling. The nail polish remover broke down the polish and allowed the color to bleed. All the the hardened polish was easily removed by M M Cleaning. The remainder of the cleaned carpet came very clean. The moral of the story is to leave a nail polish spill to the professionals. The chances for successful cleaning is much better if you do not mess with it yourself.

Description of Work
Cleaned the carpet in one bedroom, hallway, and staircase. The primary reason for our call was to remove a bottle of red nail polish that was spilled in the bedroom.

06/10/2014

Keri W.

Fast and friendly service! totally revived my carpet's appearance.

Description of Work
Cleaned my carpet

10/21/2013

Kathy R.

It went very well. He was spot touching the areas before he started. Started at the top floor and worked his way down, and kept us on what spots he was having issues with. We were there to help him move the furniture. Most of the other Smaller pieces were already moved to non carpeted rooms, to help speed up the process.

Description of Work
Cleaned the living room, family room, upper bedroom and lower bedroom, upper and lower stairs In Our quad level home. He cleaned all our multiple sizes of extra rugs we had.

10/08/2013

John B.

Absolutely flawless, and I paid less than have what I expected to!

Description of Work
Cleaned carpets in living room and bedrooms, deodorized living room carpets.

08/30/2013

Yvonne B.

Everything was great. He arrived when he said he would. My light tan carpet has been in the house since we moved in in 2001 and has seen a lot of wear. He did a very thorough job and the carpets look great. All stains are gone. He even got some paint stains out from where my daughter painted her own room ($10 extra charge for that but very reasonable and well worth it!) I highly recommend him to anyone wanting a professional, high quality, job.

Description of Work
cleaned carpet in six rooms and an upholstered couch and chair

07/17/2013

Dolores H.

He arrived on time and worked steadily. He moved furniture and replaced each using plastic under each furniture leg. He reached under large very heavy pieces. The back hall carpet was awful, with many spots. Everything was dry before evening. Our carpet hasn't looked this great since we bought it. I will never contract a different cleaner.

Description of Work
Cleaned all carpets, including two persian rugs. Cleaned couch.

07/01/2013

Lisa K.

He did an excellent job. Was super nice and very professional. Would definately have him back again.

Description of Work
Cleaned basement carpet/steps

06/06/2013

Donny B.

I last used him for cleaning up after a sewage backup in my basement. Dennis is the owner. He came over, cleaned everything out, and disinfected everything. He is awesome!

Description of Work
I have used him several times to clean the carpets for different rental properties.

12/03/2012

Susan P.

Christmas. He's allergic to cats - I have a very hairy himalayan cat. The owner from M M Cleaning arrived on time and proceeded to clean the carpets and oriental rug as planned. Christmas was wonderful.

Description of Work
Carpets were cleaned very well. Oriental rug was cleaned. I was well pleased with the results. All the spots and cat hair was removed.

09/18/2012

Darren M.

Dennis came out last week and gave me an estimate on cleaning all the carpets and some tile in our 7 year old home we are trying to sell. The carpet is very light colored and tends to show dirt quickly. We had the carpets cleaned about 4 months ago by another company, but they really didn't do a great job, and were in and out very quickly. In many things, quick is good, but not with carpet cleaning. I would guess the first guys spent no more than 2 hours here while Dennis was here for over 3 hours. Dennis spent time really looking at the carpet in each room as he was cleaning, and went over each room probably 2-3 times. He also got most of the moisture out. I suspect this may have to do with his massive carpet cleaning rig and the suction it creates vs the other guys who had a rusty van with a slide in carpet cleaner. By the time he was done downstairs, most of the upstairs was already dry. He did all the standard stuff like putting blocks under the heavy furniture, and using pre-treater on any existing spots. We had a few spots that had been here since before we owned the house, and he must have spent 20 minutes or more just on those. While he couldn't get rid of them entirely (they may be 5 or more years old) he did reduce the appearance of the stain and it is much less noticeable. The carpets look years younger and much much cleaner than what was left after the other guys were here. He also cleaned an area of tile and grout that had issues, and he managed to get it all looking like new with cleaner, elbow grease (including a brass scrub brush) and his heavy equipment. Overall, he came when he said he would, and really spent the amount of time that needed to be spent to do the job right while paying attention to detail. Something that doesn't happen much anymore. He cleaned up all his stuff and left no sign he was here other than a clean house full of carpet. I would definitely recommend M&M cleaning and use him again!

Description of Work
Carpet cleaning in 8 rooms, 1 hall, and 2 stairways + tile and grout cleaning in our entryway and hall.

02/09/2012

Ann H.

Very well. I have no complaints.

Description of Work
We had all the carpet cleaned in the house. The basement carpet was a disaster, he cleaned and worked on many stains, pet and otherwise. He also deodorized the pet stains, He cleaned 2 flights of stairs, master bedroom carpet, and a bedroom upstairs. He was able to lift stains out of the carpet that I never thought would come out. It looked brand new when he was finished. There was one coffee stain in the master bedroom that he came back the next day and worked on a little more. It looked very good once he worked on it again. The carpet in the master bedroom is 20 years old and needs to be replaced, nothing can help that carpeting. Overall experience was A+++, I would recommend M M Cleaning and will use them again.

11/29/2011

Susan P.

He is the best I have ever seen. The guy is absolutely amazing. He got to remove some bad stains that I couldn’t get removed before. He worked on those. He was fast, efficient, and pleasant. He used tremendous amount of equipments. He truly believed on what he did and he was good at it. His name is Dennis. The carpet dried very quickly. I have white carpet and after seven years my carpet came white. He did a very god job on Oriental rug. I have a very large, colorful, and bright oriental rug. He did it and it just turned out beautiful. He did it on the floor; that was right on the spot. He said he could take it back to his shop but he just did a very nice job here on the open floor that it was fine with me. Once he did this Oriental rug, I was completely sold on the project. I would use him in the future.

Description of Work
I used M-M Cleaning three weeks ago to get the carpets cleaned. He also did my oriental rug.

Spotless Carpet, Tile and Upholstery Cleaning

Spotless Carpet, Tile and Upholstery Cleaning caters to all your carpet cleaning, tile, grout and furniture upholstery cleaning – residential or commercial - using the most advanced equipment technology available today. Our truck-mount hot water extraction is the preferred method by nearly all the world’s largest carpet manufacturers. Servicing the Greater Peoria Area of Central Illinois.

Clean Care

Clean Care is small family owned business that has been in operation since 1983 serving the east central Illinois area. We accept cash and check only, on the completion of the job on all residential work. Clean Care will also give you a free estimate before any appointment for cleaning of carpet or floor work is made.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Carpet Cleaning services. We give you that clean carpet feeling every time. Even if your carpet looks just a little dirty on top, it's much more soiled deep down. However, professional cleaning on a regular basis can maintain the beauty, luster, color, and texture of your carpet year after year. All carpets are not the same! Identifying all types of fiber and knowing which fibers must be cleaned in a specific way IS my business.