Pearl Design Group

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2005

170 Covington Drive

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Pearl Design Group is the largest independent dealer of cabinetry in the Chicago area, offering a wide variety of options and solutions, from the shortest lead times to the highest level of quality available. Custom countertop fabrication is also available from our Lakewood Countertop Division. Cabinetry (builder-grade, semi-custom, custom) Countertops (laminate, quartz, granite, corian)...

07/05/2017

Dennis M.

On time as promised and very affordable

Description of Work
New counter tops and sink/faucet

Category countertops,home remodeling

06/05/2016

Cynthia M S.

Pearl Design Group provided cabinets for a recent renovation of my kitchen and bathrooms. Ryan provided me with possible choices of style, color, and quality of my cabinets. He offered suggestions on what I should be considering for my kitchen and bathrooms and offered a variety of options. Pearl Design Group delivered the cabinets on schedule and in excellent condition for installation by my contractor. I made a poor selection of one set of cabinets in the kitchen and Ryan was able to order a replacement, push the order through so that we only had a two-week delay in getting the replacement, and even got me a discount on the replacement. Ryan was very professional and knowledgeable in all my dealings with him. I highly recommend Pearl Design Group for any future purchase of quality cabinets.

Description of Work
Provide kitchen and bathroom cabinets for remodel

Category remodeling

04/01/2015

DIANE L.

Great

Description of Work
purchased and installed new countertops

Category countertops,home remodeling

01/15/2015

Jeffrey P.

As should be, Chuck came on site and measured himself. We made one change in design due to space. Cabinets were ordered, and when delivered, were all the right ones. Once installed, he inspected the cabinets and he was not happy with a few cabinet doors and re-ordered them and delivered them. Chuck himself came and trimmed some visable glue (underside of cabinet). One specialty cabinet was not available in the depth we wanted (NEEDED). Chuck had the Pearl Design shop customize it to be the depth we needed while keeping all of the original look, and the structural integrity of the unit. Later, it was noted that the matching wood kickplate did not cover / cross the dishwasher, a replacement was ordered and delivered at no expense to us. All in all, we worked with a sales / consultant (Chuck S) that had a great demeanor, good depth of knowledge and knew his product lines. He came up with a great design and product at a fair price. It iss a successful outcome, and one we don't often get, where I would, will and have recommended Pearl (and Chuck) to others.

Description of Work
Chuck S worked with us to understand what we wanted and guided us to the most appropiate cabinet construction for the cabinet elements that we wanted. He kept us in our budget and provided quality results in a wonderful manner

Category custom cabinets,home remodeling

01/08/2015

Bonnie R.

They were really good and I worked with Ryan. He always answered my calls. He took care of the replacement of one warped cabinet. He arrived on time. I saved money because they helped me to use semi custom instead of custom.

Description of Work
They helped me to find the right cabinets for my new design and helped plan their placement.

Category custom cabinets,cabinet refacing

06/05/2014

Leslie R.

Description of Work
While I think the showroom is nice and the selection is really great, I was very disappointed in the service. I went in about 6 months ago, and after browsing for about 20 mins during which time 3 associates saw me, no one asked if they could help. I inquired about the process at the front desk and got some general info, but would have expected they'd try to get me a salesperson while I was in the showroom. I left disappointed and decided to go elsewhere. This year I am remodeling my kitchen and so I decided to give them another chance, hoping my first experience just aught them on a bad day, but unfortunately I experienced the same. While I appreciate they may be laid back and allow you to browse, I at least expect to be greeted, acknowledged and asked if I would like any help. It's too bad because they really do have a fantastic selection and lively showroom.

Category ceramic tile,flooring contractor,handyman service,woodworking,home remodeling

04/26/2014

Nicholas N.

Went great everything fit perfect and they recommended a great installer as well.

Description of Work
Helped design a very nice built in cabinet section for my upstairs loft.

04/14/2014

Steven R.

My experience with them is very good.

Description of Work
I am a subcontractor or like a vendor so I work with Pearl Design Group for the supply of countertops.

Category custom cabinets,countertops

04/09/2014

hannelore C.

We worked with Chuck throughout the process. He made sure we received information on the rebates that were available for the Omega cabinets which saved us $100.00+. I picked some knobs that once they arrived I found I didn't like. Pearl group returned them without question. I ordered different knobs and Chuck called me before ordering due to the EXTREME expense of the custom, hand forged handles I ordered. Cancelled that order again with no problems. When we didn't like the lower cabinet trim we again had no problems with ordering new molding. Chuck was so easy to work with. Although the cabinets were definitely more costly than the local box store or the outlet cabinet store I know I would not have had such as easy time with changes and returns.

Description of Work
Provided the professional recommendations, layout, drawings, consultations, ordering, and delivery of kitchen and bathroom cabinetry.

01/16/2014

Jason P.

Description of Work
After having multiple designers out and waiting for prices. Went in on a Thursday, they came out Friday, design and pricing back on Monday. Kitchen looks fantastic and was affordable. Chris is a class act. Go and check them out!

07/28/2013

Liz O.

We visited Pearl's showroom on the advice of friends that used them for a kitchen remodel a few years ago and they spoke very highly of Ryan Sulda and Pearl Design. Ryan was wonderful at showing us their various cabinets and listening to what we were looking for. We chose their Omega line and went with their Zodiac quartz countertops and also purchased Eclipse sink and faucet from them. They have a lovely showroom where we could see everything. Ryan was great to deal with during the process.

Description of Work
We purchased cabinets, quartz countertops, sink and faucet from Pearl Design Group.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,home remodeling

03/04/2013

ERIN L.

This a Long-Overdue Praise for a GREAT kitchen remodeling experience, thanks to Bob Dirienzo at Pearl Design and his contractor Gus. We had a yucky kitchen. It was tiny, out-dated, ugly and inefficient, so when the cabinets literally started falling off the walls in 2010 we tried to think of a way to fix things without spending an arm and a leg. We waded through 4 contractors whose designs just regurgitated the boring townhouse configuration using expensive new cabinets, and premium-priced and quot;white gloveand quot; labor. Awesome thing #1 Designer: A friend recommended Robert Dirienzo at Pearl Design to help us with a design and cabinets selection. I whined to Bob by phone over the lack of original ideas and options, and he drove out immediately to see and measure our space. Then... he proved how well he listens by sketching a perfect solution on the spot, including interesting variations no other contractor came up with. Finally, he tossed in cool design and storage details I totally loved. He had a solid quote to us by email within a day and invited us to Pearl Design showroom right in Carol Stream - where we found a nice selection of of cabinets, accessories, styles and options. Awesome thing #2 Contractor: Bob's referred us to Gus for our work. Gus listened to our and quot;what if we wanted to....and quot; ideas, and worked with Bob to give us an end-product we were thrilled with. Gus and his assistant did great work, had expert ideas and opinions, but didn't charge pretentiously. They shared their opinions, but also helped us develop our own loopy ideas without being condescending or annoyed with our lack of experience. Awesome thing #3: No oopses at the end: Gus and Bob was very thorough in the initial assessment -- so much that each caught several and quot;gotchasand quot; other designers and contractors didn't even notice. At the project end, we didn't have a single surprise or cost slippage. Awesome thing #4: Project Style and schedule of work: Gus was flexible enough in scheduling that we were able to feel comfortable and not rushed, yet we didn't feel like the project dragged out. I have to wonder if he's just that laid back or if he adjusted his project style to work perfectly with us. We're disorganized and procrastinate-y and have trouble making decisions, but Gus hit a perfect rhythm of deadlines versus dawdle. We were given perfectly timed and quot;drop deadand quot; dates for finalizing each purchase so that our orders were shipped and on-site right when he needed them. Awesome thing #5: Connections, connections, connections: Bob and Gus both recommended vendors for countertops and flooring. We shopped around quite a bit on our own but their contacts knocked one out of the park in terms of service, quality and pricing - for both flooring and granite countertop. Awesome thing #6: The finished product: All suggestions, coaching, and patience from Bob, Gus, and Jennifer (at the tile/flooring store) were invaluable. We had a great time working with them and two years later we are still thrilled with our amazing, perfect-for-us kitchen. Now it's time for the stupid bathroom remodel.... ;-(

Description of Work
Preparation: (Bob) Custom design for 10' x 16' eat-in kitchen, including variations and multiple views. Recommend cabinets and design features to fit our space and lifestyle. Recommend contractor to do work and follow-up to manage aspects of project. Recommend vendor to provide flooring. Recommend multiple vendors with options for countertops. Supply moral support and endless patience. Actual work: (Gus) Tear out current cabinets/countertops Remove dishwasher, oven, refrigerator. Replace all with slightly new positioning. Remove two layers of nasty stick-on vinyl flooring from kitchen through laundry room), Install approx. 8 upper and lower cabinets, two pantries, coordinated crown molding, create display shelf. Create raised breakfast bar with custom decorative accents. Install new sink with new fixtures and garbage disposal. Redesign kitchen lighting to replace central light fixture with 6 recessed "cans" Update electrical plates and switches, including dimmer switch on three plates. Widen entryway slightly between living area and kitchen. Install new under-cabinet microwave. Install hardware on cabinet doors. Oversee installation of granite countertops by other vendor. Install ceramic tile backsplash. Install vinyl floor tiling with modified latex grout (our choice - I refused to have wood, ceramic or stone).

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,countertops,electrician,flooring contractor,handyman service,lighting,remodeling,woodworking,marble & granite,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

10/29/2012

Kaye K.

Completely gutted our first floor. It was an excellent service, everyone very friendly from the show room staff to the installers. They were helpful with design questions. They have a wonderful after service as well. They would come right out if anything needed to be corrected. Very prompt.

Description of Work
Counter tops and Cabinets in Kitchen and Bathroom. Also built an island.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,home remodeling

09/01/2012

Denise M.

Gary Palicki at Pearl Design did a great job on two different small projects, one being cabinetry and countertop for a wetbar in a family room (March 2010) and the other being our powder room cabinetry and countertop. (March 2011)He was very responsive, took time to meet with us and listened to our wishes and then designed a cabinet layout that we really liked. He delivered a quality product on time and also took care of any follow up issues we had, like replacing some of the cabinet doors that arrived with some imperfections. All in all, a very good experience and we ended up with a beautiful wetbar and powder room.

Description of Work
Powder bathroom cabinets and countertop and wet bar cabinetry and countertops.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,remodeling,custom furniture,home remodeling

02/20/2011

scott L.

Gary was great to work with and very helpful in suggesting color and cabinetry combinations that resulted in a end product that we love.

Description of Work
We needed a new master bath vanity.

Category custom cabinets

08/01/2010

BRIAN A.

Gary is a great guy to work with. He provided solid recommendations, worked well with our contractor, and fixed the 1 small issue we had with a cabinet. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Provided cabinets and countertops for our kitchen renovation.

Category countertops,remodeling,home remodeling,cabinet refacing

10/21/2009

Mark N.

I worked with Ryan Sulda (630-295-8401 x236) at Pearl Design for our kitchen. My experience was outstanding. Ryan is really easy to work with and does not push you towards the most expensive products. He works with your ideas and did a great job putting together the layout for the contractor. He is always easy to reach and was always on time meeting us. Pearl Design has a great show room and a ton of different samples to look at. They have model kitchens and bathrooms from traditional to contemporary (which is what we like). My wife and I were a real pain on the countertops as my wife wanted a very unique color of granite that was tough to find and also very expensive. Ryan spent a TON of time working with us to find a granite slab we liked and showed me all the lower cost alternatives, so I felt like I was making the right decision. Ryan recommended some very good contractors (one of which we choose) and did a great job checking in throughout the kitchen renovation process. For example, we had some cabinet doors that were dinged up when they arrived and Ryan immediately ordered us some new doors. I would highly recommend him. The pricing was good, the quality of the product was great, and his service was exceptional. If we do any future work that involves cabinets and/or countertops he will be my first call.

Description of Work
Custom cherry cabinets with softclose for a 24x18 kitchen and granite countertops. Includes design work and layout.

Category countertops,remodeling,home remodeling

12/23/2008

Rebecca M.

Everything from the initial consultation to the finish has been great. Everything came in on time and on budget. The work has turned out how I expected, and overall this has been a great experience.

Description of Work
We had a kitchen remodel performed.