Kristina's Design Palace

Founded 2009 • With Angi since August 2010

Kristina Giedra and Kristina's Design Palace 185 Larchmont Lane

Bloomingdale, IL 60108

Check out my custom designs at www.kristinagiedra.com. Dressmaker with 22 years of custom sewing and alteration experience at www.kristinasdesignpalace.net with retailers such as “Marshall Fields”, “Nordstrom” and “Neiman Marcus” is offering professional alterations on men’s and women’s apparel. This includes all alterations or reconstructions including: • hems, rolled hems, original jeans hem • sleeves, shoulders, etc. • take in sides and body fit • bridal, formal wear • tailored apparel etc. • custom made apparel and accessories Custom Home Decor Visualize you dreams, and my custom design will make them a reality. A true one of a kind statement, on home décor and custom made window treatments: valance, roman shades, grommet set in drapes, formal and informal swags, and cascades, varieties of pinch pleated drapes, etc. as well as customized pillows duvet or other bed or table coverings....

12/25/2015

Sharon W.

Description of Work
She made hats for me and my children's day they were Awsome. I ordered two more hats and ill be picking them up this week . 😃

11/14/2015

KAREN P.

I had a bedspread that was beautiful (to me) on the outside but with,as I learned,cheap filling on the inside. The first time it was dry cleaned,per label directions,the filling all shifted to the outer edges. It was very lumpy and unattractive. Several cleaners stated that once that happens it cannot be undone. Kristina assessed the problem quickly. She opened it up,removed the cheap filling and turned it into a duvet cover. With the down duvet I furnished,she anchored it inside with loops and snaps and closed it with an invisible zipper. I am thrilled to have my bedspread back and it looks lovelier than before. Her advice was spot on,she knew what to do right away,and her work is exquisite. I saw many examples of her work and it is excellent,better than anything you could buy in a store and made to the customer's exact specifications. I would employ her services again in a second,her work is beautiful.

Description of Work
Remade a bedspread with cheap and lumpy filling into a duvet cover.

09/24/2015

Teri T.

She was quick, efficient and personable. Reasonable pricing. Exceptional work.

Description of Work
Hemmed one dress and altered a second

08/05/2015

Linda H.

Kristina did a wonderful job on all my basket liners and pillows. She pays close attention to all details. Will use her again. She does great work.

Description of Work
Made several basket liners and throw pillows.

03/26/2015

Helen M.

What else can I say, everything went well. I am extremely satisfied.

Description of Work
I had a housecoat/robe that I loved. I have tried for years both in person and on the internet to duplicate it, absolutely could not. I called Kristina's to see if she could replicate my beloved robe. She did it and did a beautiful job. It is perfect !!!

11/20/2014

Rick H.

Kristina was professional in her questions and approach. She did a good job on the work at a cost that seemed very reasonable. When a minor correction was needed she made it quickly and with no further cost. Although the work I needed done was minor, I had a sense of confidence in bringing her much larger pieces of work.

Description of Work
Changed a zipper and added a clasp to a jacket.

10/14/2014

Mary Z.

Had first round of alterations done at a different provider - which were terrible. Thought the dress might be ruined. We were three days before the prom - Kristina fixed the dress quickly and perfectly!

Description of Work
Prom dress alteration.

09/15/2014

L C A.

She was punctual and provided the pillows to us when she promised.

Description of Work
Kristina did an outstanding job of making 4 corded decorator throw pillows using a difficult patterned fabric. The results were outstanding. They exceeded our expectations. We'll use Kristina again and have already recommended her to our daughter.

Category alterations

Thank you so much for taking your time, and it was pleasure to work for you :)

06/30/2014

Marie S.

Excellent workmanship, on time, & will only use her in the future!

Description of Work
Completely altered a formal gown to fit perfectly.

07/29/2013

Sharon W.

I have been using her for two years now. I tell her what I want and she creates them. She can design and take your words and create them to real life. She is absolutely wonderful. She is compassionate to the needs of the customer . Kristina took a dress that was to small for my daughter and made several hats to match her school uniform . We made appointments and were able to have a time slotted for us , she makes appt. so that you have time to chat , design and express what you are looking , I even drew pictures of hats and she made them . I was totally amazed of the talents she possesses . If you want excellent customer service , professionalism and an excellent product This is the place to go . I will add pictures so that you can see what I'm talking about . Kristina's is the place to go .

Description of Work
I went to her to find some nice hats and cloths for my daughter. I searched for two years to find a seamstress to create hats for my daughter .

Blazeks Home Furnishings Ltd

Owner-operated. Specializing in Hunter Douglas products and custom made draperies and top treatments. Being a husband & wife team we offer our knowledge and experience to provide customer satisfaction. We come to your home to help you select the correct treatment for each window. For insured quality your windows will be measured and installed by Harold & Marilyn Blazek. We have been in the window covering business for 50 years and are certified Master Installers trained by Hunter Douglas. This guarantees you years of satisfaction with your new coverings. Offering discounts along with consumer rebates. Free measuring. Free installation. Free shop at home. Check out our Angie's List reviews. No subs. Award winning. Visit our website at blazekshomefurnishings.co Our Fall 2022 shows are scheduled to start in October. We are working hard to reschedule many of the shows that we missed last year. We will post any shows as the dates get closer.

Suburban Window Fashions Inc

Full service window treatment company from whole house installations to 1 window repairs. "FREE ESTIMATES" Some of the brands we offer; Hunter Douglas, Graber, Bali, Norman Shutters, Mechoshade, etc... Deal directly with the owner who has been in the window treatment business for over 15 years. Suburban Window Fashions Inc is your one-stop source for all your interior design and home décor needs, including custom window shades, shutters, draperies, curtains and more. Here you will find a wide variety of Hunter Douglas window fashions, including customer favorites such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette® Window Shadings, and Luminette® Privacy Sheers, and hundreds of choices for color, texture, fabric and function. Choosing the right window solution can be very complex. Our experienced design professionals will work with you to find a solution that looks great and provides the privacy and light control you need. Once you’ve made your selection, our measuring and installation experts will come to your home to ensure a perfect fit for your new window coverings. Our distinctive services are all provided with a local flair since we're independently owned and operated. Give us a call today to get started!

Offers by Suburban Window Fashions Inc on Angi

Alterations/Sewing/Decorating

Custom Appearel and Alterations Custom Window Treatments and Accessories: - Swags and scarves - Valances - Lined , unlined, interlined panels - Different pleated (French, pencil, goblet, box, etc.) - Different loops or tabs - Grommet or pierced - Shades - Duvet covers - Slipcovers - Decorative pillows - Runners, tablecloths Handbags: - Exclusive - Occasionals - Bridal - Casual - Fun In The City - Holiday

Ask for details.