Hannah's Plumbing & Maintenance

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2006

5413 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515 4421 South Harlem Avenue

Berwyn, IL 60402

For all your plumbing needs call and speak with Greg Hannah Plumbing today. When it comes to great service for your plumbing needs, you can count on the professionalism and value you receive from us. Read about the Greg Hannah Guarantee, about our community support, and the testimonials from our happy customers. Discover why we’re already the trusted choice in thousands of homes and businesses, with over 25 years of fast local service. We are a family owned and operated business with more than 25 years of experience with integrity and pride in our work. You can find someone cheaper but you’ll never find someone better - we serve Chicago, the western suburbs and surrounding towns and areas....

07/13/2021

Carl D.

Called and set up an appointment two weeks out — was given a 10am-12pm window. 12:00pm came and went and no one showed up. No phone call, no message, nothing. Called to confirm in case I got my days mixed up but did get confirmation the appointment was supposed to be at that time. Operator told me she'd call Greg and find out what the delay was. Never heard back. 1:30pm and someone showed up when I was unavailable to let them in. Will not be doing work with this business. Understand jobs go long and things come up — always great to get a phone call or text if something is going to change.

Description of Work
Sewer Check Valve

Category

06/15/2021

Amy R.

WARNING! Do not trust this company. They will charge you AFTER they do the work and then threaten to put a lien on your property! I called them for an estimate for a repair on my sewer line. I provided video, photos and report of a scope done the week before. When they showed up, I was told they needed to scope the line in order to provide an estimate without telling me there would be a charge. AFTER a scope was done, I was told there was a $350 charge! I was then told if I hired them within 24 hours of paying, they would deduct the cost of the scope from the work but I only had 24 hours to make a decision. I called to discuss the issue of not being informed about the charges before they performed the scope. The owner became irate and insisted he told me on the phone there was a charge, he did not, if he had, I would not have had them do an estimate. He proceeded to threaten me with a lien on my property. There are plenty of good plumbers in the area that have great ethics and integrity and are nice - do yourself a favor and call someone else! BTW - Two other companies came, did scopes, and provided estimates with NO CHARGE.

Description of Work
an ESTIMATE

10/26/2020

Atanu M.

Plumber from Hannah's Plumbing never showed up at service window. Never called to say running late or to reschedule.

Description of Work
Replace leaking pipe under sink.

08/22/2020

Brett S.

I’ve hired this company twice. About 1-2 years ago company sent Angel to replace water heater, add a recirculating pump, and perform some other minor services. He was beyond excellent but no is longer with the company. Based on this initial experience I’ve recommended the company to multiple people over the past couple years. I know for a fact at least a few have hired the company to perform work. Just recently I hired the company again to remove pipes from a old wet bar sink, replace a hose bib, and extend a gas pipe line for a kitchen remodel underway. The tech was on the phone with the owner Greg discussing the work for some time and finally gave a price to which I agreed. He began the work of replacing the hose bib and removing the pipes. This took about 90 mins only to find out that the gas pipe was not included in quote. (I guess get it in writing because I overpaid for the minor work that was performed). The tech - who very nice btw- said the owner would get back to me about the gas line which never happened. I called and spoke with the owner the following week, he had no recall of me and and said he would speak to the original tech get back to me. Another week later I called AGAIN and spoke with a woman to explain the situation. She promised to speak with Greg . I did not receive a call yet again. In addition to this project I have other work I need performed. I’m confused why they don’t want business as a repeat customer who has provided referrals. I believe in supporting small and family owned businesses whenever possible. I’m also a very loyal customer once I receive exceptional service. I usually don’t take the time to leave reviews as much as I should. In this case can NO LONGER Recommend this company.

Description of Work
Water heater, pipe removal, gas pipe,

Category plumbing, water heater repair

08/18/2020

Vivian C.

replace drains and copper lines throughout

Description of Work
I have worked with Greg Hannah plumbing for three big projects. The first was a couple years ago for a flood remediation system. This spring when many neighbors had water in their basement, mine was dry. Most recently they replaced all of the drains in my two flat, then they replaced the old galvanized pipes with copper. They took the time to answer all of my questions and made sure I was happy with the results. Excellent attention to detail. I would highly recommend Greg Hannah Plumbing.

07/30/2020

Paula O.

Received estimate hired. Easy process. Everything good. Price was fair.

Description of Work
New toilet

07/25/2020

Chris N.

I called and spoke with someone who presented themselves as very professional, thinking it was Greg Hannah himself, not sure. Made an appointment for the following day between 8am and 10am. I told the person over the phone the earlier, the better. I waited all morning and nobody showed. It turns out Tony left a message on my voicemail asking to hear from me before he headed over. Why? I made an appointment. I was here, he was not. I tried call him back several times and nobody answered. Please note, I have used Hannah Plumbing before in 2019 and Angel came. You can see my review about that experience on Angie's List as well. I was very pleased with how things were in 2019, but will not use them again after the no show. Too many really great reliable companies out there. This one is not.

Description of Work
Leak under Kitchen Sink

Category concrete repair, plumbing

this is Greg my tech called you and your phone went to voicemail he left a message at about 8:15 am we do not send out a service tech if no one answered things come up for customer's and then we are the last one they're thanking of we check the number info and he called the number and later in the day I also left a message I think you giving us a F" is not right . Sincerely Greg Hannah

07/20/2020

Michele and Richard G.

We called and left a message, but never got a response.

Description of Work
repair of water pressure booster pump

Category concrete repair, wells

we don't work on booster pumps and I didn't get a message from you sorry you're having a problem finding someone to help you. Hannah's

05/23/2020

Bryan K.

Tony showed up on time and was very professional. His price was fair. I had a home remodel going on and he replaced some bathroom fixtures (vanity, shower, toilet's) and 2 gas valves for the stove and clothes dryer. Tony communicated well and did good work. I would hire Hannah's Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Install new bathroom plumbing fixtures. Replace gas valves

Category drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

04/27/2020

Stephen S.

Timely service. Fixed properly the first time. Came in under the estimate. The plumber who did the work was very friendly and knowledgable. Will be bring them back out for some other projects we have been looking at getting completed.

Description of Work
Shower Faucet replace

04/24/2020

Sam P.

It went well. They showed up in the timeframe communicated. Looked at the situation and provided an estimate and ultimately got the job done.

Description of Work
Fix a kitchen sink leak and replace kitchen sink faucet

04/14/2020

Arthur G.

Angel was very courteous, informative, and detailed. He cleaned up the entire area. Very Efficient!

Description of Work
Cracked Sewer Line

Category drain pipe, sewer cleaning

Thank You for your review we are glad we where able to take care of your problem call any time you have a Plumbing or Drain need . GREG HANNAH

04/04/2020

Laura H.

They responded quickly and came out that day. Friendly, competitive pricing, and did a thorough job!

Description of Work
Sewer rodding

Category sewer cleaning

Thank You so much for your good review . Greg Hannah

03/31/2020

Samantha B.

Hannah's replied quickly. But my brother in law decided to do the job himself

Description of Work
Needed a new seal for a toli

02/26/2020

Judith H.

Everything went well. They were very thorough and professional, besides being friendly and arrived on time.

Description of Work
N/A

Category plumbing

Thank you! Happy we could provide satisfactory service!

02/22/2020

lilia R.

Greg Hannah Plumbing provided A+ excellent service. From the phone call with Maria for scheduling the service appointment, the knowledgeable Greg himself coming out to provide the estimate, right down to the company’s technicians Andy & Issac that did the service work. They were truly an answer to my prayers! If you are looking for excellent work at a great price give Greg Hannah plumbing a call you won’t be disappointed!

Description of Work
Bathroom plumbing to village code

Category plumbing

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are glad we were able to help. Please call us anytime you have a plumbing issue.

02/19/2020

Pamela M.

They did a great job and explained everything in detail. I will definitely Hire them again for any future jobs.

Description of Work
A new pipe and shut off valve

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

We are happy we could help. Please give us a call any time you need a plumber.

02/12/2020

Pamela M.

Great! Ed was very professional and informative

Description of Work
A shut off valve and new copper connections for a refrigerator installation

Category plumbing

Thank you! We are glad we could help!

01/23/2020

Carolyn H.

At 5:30 p.m. we had a radiator valve start leaking water in a way that could not be stopped without turning off our water and our furnace (in the middle of January). We called Greg Hannah plumbing, and Greg Hannah himself answered the phone. Within 30 minutes he had a technician at our place, and within an hour the problem was fixed in a creative McGiver type manner. We had only just had one other prior experience with Greg Hannah Plumbing, but they treated us like customers who had been doing business with them for years, and certainly we plan to do so.

Description of Work
Emergency repair for a burst hot water 100 year old radiator

Category plumbing

Thank you! We always try our best to respond quickly and efficiently especially in emergencies.

01/21/2020

Nancy S.

Both jobs were done well. I was happy with the first service visit (spigot) so when on a Saturday we had a kitchen clog issue, we called them again. I called other plumbers and was told there would be a service call fee; there was not one with Hannah, even for the Saturday visit. That was the tie-breaker for me.

Description of Work
2 jobs: leaky outdoor spigot and clogged kitchen disposal/pipes

Category plumbing

Glad we could help! Thank you for calling and Please call us anytime you need a plumber.

01/06/2020

Jody H.

Fantastic! Was out within an hour to fix. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Clogged bathtub

Category plumbing

Thank you! Glad we can help! Call us anytime you need a plumber.

12/24/2019

Carl V.

Very quick response time, gentlemen who came were extremely friendly and professional and would not leave until everything was 100% functional and perfectly clean

Description of Work
Clogged sewer line causing overflow in shower and toilet

Category plumbing

Thank you! please call us anytime you need a plumber!

12/21/2019

sharon R.

The first time they came out for service it was for a leak coming from the unit above us. We had already pulled down the ceiling so the 2 gentlemen that came just had to look into the ceiling to see what was causing the leak. The were able to identify it and had to replace the wax ring on the toilet in the unit above. I thought they did a good job so when our kitchen sink clogged I called them again. A gentleman came on Saturday afternoon and he spent several hours trying to rod the drain. They ended up sending out another gentleman to try to help him. They went into the basement to try something and still could not clear the clog. One of them tore a hole in the dry wall under our kitchen sink and after 4 hours with no success they both left. I had to pay the $280 fee with no results and now a giant hole under our sink. we ended up calling them on Monday to complain about the hole and they sent someone back to patch it back up. Our building had a different plumber come out and he was able to fix the clog rodding from the roof down which he was able to see was the issue upon his first visit and within a few minutes. Not sure why it took Hannah's 4 hours and they were still not able to fix it. They basically just left telling me it couldn't be fixed and we would have to replace the pipes. The other plumbing company that came fixed it without issue. Replacing pipes would have been a huge cost! Glad we had someone else come out instead.

Description of Work
2 calls - one for leak from ceiling above, one for clogged kitchen sink

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

12/14/2019

Jerry W.

The work was done professionally and promptly. The service technician was very nice, very polite and professional. However, I felt the price of $282.00 for a job that took 20 to 30 minutes total time to "snake" the pipe and complete the paperwork, was a bit much. I informed the dispatch that we could wait until Monday so as not to incur an "emergency call" or weekend upcharge rate - and was assured that there was no additional charge for Saturday and that a technician was already scheduled to be in the area.

Description of Work
Kitchen drain clogged

11/21/2019

Michael B.

Outstanding and professional work. Very fair price for the work performed.

Description of Work
Gas water heater replacement

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for the great review! Please call us anytime you need a plumber.

Charlie's Plumbing Heating & Sewerage Service Inc

3 employees. No subs. Cost determined by the job. Travel charges may apply. Extra charge for after-hours service. Ask about angie's list discount.

5 Star Concrete & Construction

We are a small business. We were established in 2012. Most of business is from word of mouth. We specialize in all line of concrete work, fencing, sodding and landscaping.

Electric Work Force Inc.

Hire a team of electricians in Berkeley, IL that work for a family-owned-and-operated company. We founded this company with the customer in mind because we all share this community, and improving the resale value of a neighbor's home helps us all succeed. Electric Workforce Inc has the resources and reach needed to overcome any obstacle for a new business in need of an edge. PERSONALIZED SERVICE The Chicagoland area features a diverse array of residential structures and commercial establishments. Each presents the electrician with a unique set of challenges that must be overcome. With more than 25 years of experience, our team of contractors is the smart choice for any new homeowner or established business in need of modernized wiring and upgraded panels. PROCEED WITH CONFIDENCE Our ownership takes an active role in any project we are involved with, and our contractors are always on time. We're sure to always provide flexible scheduling and clean job sites. Choose a group with the workforce needed to complete your next project. Schedule an appointment with one of our technicians to learn more about our process. We proudly serve customers in Berkeley, Illinois, and throughout the Chicagoland area. Contact Electric Work Force for a consultation at 708-866-5803

055-031843