Hannah's Plumbing & Maintenance

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2006

5413 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515 4421 South Harlem Avenue

Berwyn, IL 60402

For all your plumbing needs call and speak with Greg Hannah Plumbing today. When it comes to great service for your plumbing needs, you can count on the professionalism and value you receive from us. Read about the Greg Hannah Guarantee, about our community support, and the testimonials from our happy customers. Discover why we’re already the trusted choice in thousands of homes and businesses, with over 25 years of fast local service. We are a family owned and operated business with more than 25 years of experience with integrity and pride in our work. You can find someone cheaper but you’ll never find someone better - we serve Chicago, the western suburbs and surrounding towns and areas....

07/13/2021

Carl D.

Called and set up an appointment two weeks out — was given a 10am-12pm window. 12:00pm came and went and no one showed up. No phone call, no message, nothing. Called to confirm in case I got my days mixed up but did get confirmation the appointment was supposed to be at that time. Operator told me she'd call Greg and find out what the delay was. Never heard back. 1:30pm and someone showed up when I was unavailable to let them in. Will not be doing work with this business. Understand jobs go long and things come up — always great to get a phone call or text if something is going to change.

Description of Work
Sewer Check Valve

Category

06/15/2021

Amy R.

WARNING! Do not trust this company. They will charge you AFTER they do the work and then threaten to put a lien on your property! I called them for an estimate for a repair on my sewer line. I provided video, photos and report of a scope done the week before. When they showed up, I was told they needed to scope the line in order to provide an estimate without telling me there would be a charge. AFTER a scope was done, I was told there was a $350 charge! I was then told if I hired them within 24 hours of paying, they would deduct the cost of the scope from the work but I only had 24 hours to make a decision. I called to discuss the issue of not being informed about the charges before they performed the scope. The owner became irate and insisted he told me on the phone there was a charge, he did not, if he had, I would not have had them do an estimate. He proceeded to threaten me with a lien on my property. There are plenty of good plumbers in the area that have great ethics and integrity and are nice - do yourself a favor and call someone else! BTW - Two other companies came, did scopes, and provided estimates with NO CHARGE.

Description of Work
an ESTIMATE

10/26/2020

Atanu M.

Plumber from Hannah's Plumbing never showed up at service window. Never called to say running late or to reschedule.

Description of Work
Replace leaking pipe under sink.

08/22/2020

Brett S.

I’ve hired this company twice. About 1-2 years ago company sent Angel to replace water heater, add a recirculating pump, and perform some other minor services. He was beyond excellent but no is longer with the company. Based on this initial experience I’ve recommended the company to multiple people over the past couple years. I know for a fact at least a few have hired the company to perform work. Just recently I hired the company again to remove pipes from a old wet bar sink, replace a hose bib, and extend a gas pipe line for a kitchen remodel underway. The tech was on the phone with the owner Greg discussing the work for some time and finally gave a price to which I agreed. He began the work of replacing the hose bib and removing the pipes. This took about 90 mins only to find out that the gas pipe was not included in quote. (I guess get it in writing because I overpaid for the minor work that was performed). The tech - who very nice btw- said the owner would get back to me about the gas line which never happened. I called and spoke with the owner the following week, he had no recall of me and and said he would speak to the original tech get back to me. Another week later I called AGAIN and spoke with a woman to explain the situation. She promised to speak with Greg . I did not receive a call yet again. In addition to this project I have other work I need performed. I’m confused why they don’t want business as a repeat customer who has provided referrals. I believe in supporting small and family owned businesses whenever possible. I’m also a very loyal customer once I receive exceptional service. I usually don’t take the time to leave reviews as much as I should. In this case can NO LONGER Recommend this company.

Description of Work
Water heater, pipe removal, gas pipe,

Category plumbing,water heater repair

08/18/2020

Vivian C.

replace drains and copper lines throughout

Description of Work
I have worked with Greg Hannah plumbing for three big projects. The first was a couple years ago for a flood remediation system. This spring when many neighbors had water in their basement, mine was dry. Most recently they replaced all of the drains in my two flat, then they replaced the old galvanized pipes with copper. They took the time to answer all of my questions and made sure I was happy with the results. Excellent attention to detail. I would highly recommend Greg Hannah Plumbing.

07/30/2020

Paula O.

Received estimate hired. Easy process. Everything good. Price was fair.

Description of Work
New toilet

07/25/2020

Chris N.

I called and spoke with someone who presented themselves as very professional, thinking it was Greg Hannah himself, not sure. Made an appointment for the following day between 8am and 10am. I told the person over the phone the earlier, the better. I waited all morning and nobody showed. It turns out Tony left a message on my voicemail asking to hear from me before he headed over. Why? I made an appointment. I was here, he was not. I tried call him back several times and nobody answered. Please note, I have used Hannah Plumbing before in 2019 and Angel came. You can see my review about that experience on Angie's List as well. I was very pleased with how things were in 2019, but will not use them again after the no show. Too many really great reliable companies out there. This one is not.

Description of Work
Leak under Kitchen Sink

Category concrete repair,plumbing

this is Greg my tech called you and your phone went to voicemail he left a message at about 8:15 am we do not send out a service tech if no one answered things come up for customer's and then we are the last one they're thanking of we check the number info and he called the number and later in the day I also left a message I think you giving us a F" is not right . Sincerely Greg Hannah

07/20/2020

Michele and Richard G.

We called and left a message, but never got a response.

Description of Work
repair of water pressure booster pump

Category concrete repair,wells

we don't work on booster pumps and I didn't get a message from you sorry you're having a problem finding someone to help you. Hannah's

05/23/2020

Bryan K.

Tony showed up on time and was very professional. His price was fair. I had a home remodel going on and he replaced some bathroom fixtures (vanity, shower, toilet's) and 2 gas valves for the stove and clothes dryer. Tony communicated well and did good work. I would hire Hannah's Plumbing again.

Description of Work
Install new bathroom plumbing fixtures. Replace gas valves

Category drywall,plumbing,home remodeling

04/27/2020

Stephen S.

Timely service. Fixed properly the first time. Came in under the estimate. The plumber who did the work was very friendly and knowledgable. Will be bring them back out for some other projects we have been looking at getting completed.

Description of Work
Shower Faucet replace

5 Star Concrete & Construction

We are a small business. We were established in 2012. Most of business is from word of mouth. We specialize in all line of concrete work, fencing, sodding and landscaping.

Mr. Handyman of Lincoln Park

Family owned and operated. Mr Handyman uses only uniformed full time employees who must pass drug screens and criminal background checks. We are a licensed Electrical Contractor as well as a Handyman service. Our technicians average 15 years experience in home repair and remodeling. This assures you of a safe, worry-free job that is completed by an expert. Additional phone numbers - (800) 289-4600, (866) 231-5643. Additional DBAs - JRH Handyman Service LLC, Mr Handyman International LLC, Mr Handyman.

Torres Construction and Paint

We do Top to bottom remodeling, bathrooms kitchens- Framing, drywall,mudding,painting, tile,laminated floors,baseboards, -skim coating

055-031843