K and K Quality Construction

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2013

We provide Construction and Maintenance Services delivered in a professional and timely manner at a reasonable cost.

Pool Side DeckBack Yard EnjoymentSmall but beautiful

Kitchen  project

Kitchen

201961008
View project

handyman (16)home remodeling (14)woodworking (11)general contractors (7)door installation (5)drywall (5)siding companies (4)house painting (3)window replacement (3)insulation (3)decks & porches (3)basement remodeling (2)

09/08/2022

Emmett and Demetra J.

Absolutely fantastic! Due to our health problems, it became imperative that we be able to shower on the first floor of our home. Unfortunately, our first floor only had a powder room with no shower or bath, and that room was really small. Greg, a master craftsman, was able to design and enlarge our powder room enough to accommodate a shower. This was a really tough job to do in our 100-year-old home. Once he designed and created the extra space, Greg completely rehabbed and remodeled the enlarged room, adding a shower, new commode, and vanity. It was an extremely complex job requiring plumbing, electrical, and ventilation work plus flooring, painting, and all sorts of carpentry magic. the result is a magnificent new bathroom that will allow us to stay in our cherished home for years to come; all thanks to Greg!

Description of Work
Bathroom

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 09/08/2022

02/02/2021

Diane K.

It was excellent. He has very good ideas and listen to my ideas, and put things together. He's very easy to work with and very professional.

Description of Work
He put in a new bathroom for me.

Category home builders

Work Completed On 01/01/2021

02/02/2021

Diane K.

Greg is very professional and he recommended these toilets and I have had him before, so I knew I could trust him to do quality work.

Description of Work
put in two new toilets

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 02/02/2021

06/01/2020

Matthew S.

It could have not went better. This was a tough job for Greg as he had to clean up a mess from another contractor that was not experienced and grossly unqualified for the task at hand. Greg took on the challenge and it turned out perfect. We could not be happier. Greg has a very high regard to detail and will ensure it is done right to a very high standard. Great communication on spot on for what the customer wants. Greg was always on-time and put the hours in as expected. Greg always communicated if he would be late due to getting supplies for the job as an example. Greg is very respectful of the owner's property as he always cleaned up every night and always used his own tools. For future projects Greg will always be our first choice.

Description of Work
Remodel a Bathroom and Laundry room that was done incorrectly by another contractor.

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Review for K and K Quality Construction - 2886 E 6th St, Belvidere, IL - 38606924

Hi [Member Name Removed] It was a great experience to work with you and [Member Name Removed]. You had great ideas and it was very rewarding to be able to bring them to life for you. I look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you again for opportunity of showing you what my business and what everyone’s business should be about. Greg

05/09/2019

Regina P.

Greg SR was very punctual, professional, payed great attention to detail. He is very nice and explained how things were being done. Very informative, reasonably priced. My deck is beautiful I couldn’t ask for a better job I will be using him in the future for more projects. Great overall craftsmanship.

Description of Work
I needed to have my old deck torn down and a new one built.

Category decks, woodworking

Thank you for the great review. I hope you have a lot of great memories with your new deck

01/04/2018

ed K.

Greg delivers what he preaches - Great workmanship for a fair price. He was only one of a few that was willing to work with us on our design and timeframe. We would highly recommend Greg for any size project !

Description of Work
Walk in closet build out

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

10/08/2017

mattthew N.

Contractor did not return phone calls or email requesting bid.

Description of Work
garage facia and soffits need repairs.

Category siding

Work Completed On 10/08/2017

09/26/2017

Roy S.

Greg gave us some great ideas for what to do to bring our kitchen into the 21st century and the results speak for themselves. We (and all our FB friends ) love it. Thanks Greg!

Description of Work
Greg remodeled our kitchen and it is incredible!

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

08/02/2017

Ronald M.

Very Well. He know exactly what he is doing!

Description of Work
Remove and replace Deck

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

03/21/2017

Roderick H.

Deck work appears to be good but the facia work was total garbage!

Description of Work
Deck work, and facial work!

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

01/27/2017

Danny R.

very good cant tell it was repaired.

Description of Work
drywall repair

Category drywall, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/23/2017

01/04/2017

Karen B.

Greg spent quite a bit of time with me discussing my kitchen remodel needs/expectations. We have a 1927 house and the current layout is not what I call "user-friendly". We discussed options regarding design as well as various materials that are available. He certainly knows his business and took into consideration everything, right down to the electrical, plumbing and HVAC needs. He presented me with the 3D drawing, which was excellent and his proposal. I have not hired him to do the work at this point as it is a costly endeavor, but I am very impressed with his presentation and work ethic. I paid $29 for the 3D presentation/consultation

Description of Work
I paid for a 3D kitchen remodel proposal.

Work Completed On 12/19/2016

12/16/2016

Dave A.

Great experience. Professional, stuck to budget, and did an amazing job. He will be renovating other parts of our house in the future. Strongly recommend.

Description of Work
I needed an additional bathroom added to our basement.

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/15/2016

10/31/2016

Emmett and Demetra J.

Great. Gregg expertly rebuilt three walls, both inside and out, and installed 8 custom EzeBreeze windows. He next installed insulation, then paneled and painted the interior walls. It is a relatively large space, so lots of lumber and other supplies were needed, all top quality. Gregg is a real professional, an expert carpenter, and an extremely neat worker. He cleaned up his work space every day and hauled away the old stuff upon completion. It was a big job that took two weeks.

Description of Work
Three walls of our enclosed patio at the rear of the house needed to be rebuilt and windows installed. We also needed a new door to the patio. The previous enclosure was old and constructed with thin, wooden, screened-gazebo panels. Also, the bottoms of the support posts had deteriorated due to water damage. We also needed the space painted, both interior and exterior.

Category contractors, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 10/31/2016

10/13/2016

Margaret S.

I bought the handyman special on Angie's List. The next day I received a call from Greg who apologized but said I was out of their service area. I didn't even notice that when I placed the order. I was very impressed with his professionalism and how quickly they notified me of the issue. Greg had talked to Angie's List and they had told him that I just had to call them to get the credit. I talked to Paul at Angie's List and promptly got a credit.

Description of Work
I needed some handyman work done around the house.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 10/13/2016

09/16/2016

Ronald M.

It went great. Very prompt, workmanship was wonderful. The choice of lumber and over look was perfect. First time. Also re-roofed an old shed. Another great job. I Highly recommend K&K Quality Construction. Great Job Gregg Senior!

Description of Work
Remove old deck and build new

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/16/2016

09/06/2016

Ray P.

Missed first quote appointment. When he did come, we found his quotes to be too high and lacking any objective assessment. Some quotes appeared to us to be even frivolously high based on other quotes we had obtained. For one job most handyman had quoted 4 hours whereras thsi guys quote when calculated came to 25-30 hours. We decided not to have him do the work based on not feeling comfortable with the way he quoted--this led us to doubt his integrity. This is just our opinion maybe his work would have been good not sure.

Description of Work
several handyman work

Category handyman service, remodeling

Work Completed On 02/01/2016

Dear Customer, I am uncertain where this went wrong. When pressed for an exact number for a lot of small jobs with issues that needed more examining than what a free quote allows, I simply gave my hourly rate of $55.00 hr. to do the repairs. The only quote that I attempted to give was for the deck but after leaving three messages on your voicemail trying to get your email address the quote was never sent and no work was ever done.

09/06/2016

Eugene G.

Fabulous. Greg did Grade A work in each phase of the job. Professionally done. Received two quotes and K and K was far and away better.

Description of Work
Needed removal of three sliding doors on back of house. Then replace with a sliding door and two windows along with siding and an interior wall with electric.

Category drywall, handyman service, insulation, remodeling, siding, replacement windows, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/06/2016

08/25/2016

Michael C.

They were quick, efficient and even offered some professional advise on the rebuilding of our steps.

Description of Work
They rebuilt the front stoop (wooden), plus a flower box for the mailbox, and then hung a couple of roman shades.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/16/2016

08/22/2016

Devin R.

Greg did a great job. Will use him again!

Description of Work
Bathroom faucet, light and fan replaced.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 08/22/2016

08/17/2016

Sharon K.

It went quickly. He was very thorough and cleaned up after the job was completed. I was more than very happy. He did a wonderful job!

Description of Work
Installed a metal mailbox on top of a metal post that had a six foot long, firm metal pipe inside of it. Both the post and the pipe were sunk into concrete. The mailbox was installed on the metal post.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/10/2016

12/08/2015

Sheila M.

Great! Greg is so conscientious and professional. He did excellent work and was meticulous about the details. Hecleaned up after himself beautifully. I am already making a list of repairs that I want him to do next iincluding finishing our basement. I highly recommend both his work and his work ethic.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen faucet removed and rebuilt shelving under the sink and installed a new kitchen lighting fixture

Category remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 12/08/2015