Schmidt Exteriors, Inc.

Founded 1976 • With Angi since April 2002

1737 East Wilson

Batavia, IL 60510

17 employees. Additional email: susan@schmidtexteriors.com, info@schmidtexteriors.com, mike@schmidtexteriors.com, We are A+ with BBB, Angie's List, Guild Quality top 50 in the nation, Qualified Re modeler Magazine top 500, Angie's List Super Service Award winners, James Hardie Preferred winner, Pella top sales in Illinois 15 years and counting and some awards I don't even know about. no magic, we work hard for you....

11/03/2020

Steve S.

I've never written any online reviews let alone a negative review. I feel it necessary to warn others about Mike Schmidt and Schmidt Exteriors. Mike could not be more unprofessional. The first install date was cancelled the day of install. No one bothered to contact me, I had to contact them to ask where they were. The excuse for not showing up and not calling was not believable. Second install was scheduled and they completed the install. The crew left before their work could be checked and there was a problem with the double patio doors. They were misaligned and the door had to be pushed in hard to get the deadbolt to lock. Called mike Schmidt and it took over 2 weeks for him to show up. When he showed up he began slamming the door to get the deadbolt to lock and said the door was fine. When I disagreed, he gave me the middle finger with both hands, and told me F U, the door is fine. I've never had any experience with any contractor or any type of service person who had such a blatant disregard and disrespect for me. Based on Mike's responses to a couple of other negative reviews he has received, he will blame the customer or try to suggest that the customer had unrealistic expectations. I can assure you this is not the case with me and hope that you do not give Schmidt Exteriors your hard earned money.

Description of Work
Front entry door and double patio doors

Category doors

09/08/2020

Anne A.

Quick response. Company advised that they do not service Joliet.

Description of Work
Siding / windows in Joliet.

Category siding,replacement windows

06/18/2020

John B.

We purchased more than $20,000.00 from Schmidt Exteriors in April 2020. Needless to say, we wish we went with another contractor. We are now stuck with interior staining that does not match the rest of our home. We put our trust into a company that we thought held the same regard for excellence. We hired Mike Schmidt to install new doors for our kitchen and family room leading out to our backyard. He brought samples of trim for the exterior of the doors and windows but brought no samples for the interior. We told him how we stained windows the previous year in the family room and he asked if we had any stain left. We showed him the can and he took pictures of the brand and exact mixture. We had the stain matched by J.C. Licht, it came out great and matched the wood in our home, and we were happy. Mike never asked for a stain sample. We have only stained one set of windows in our life and we trusted his experience. That was our first mistake. He came to the house again to double check measurements to make sure these doors were done correctly. A couple weeks later his office called to tell us that they cannot find our stain and did a color match with something else. Again, we let his company’s experience tell us what he was doing was okay. That was the second mistake. Then came installation day. We looked at the new doors and windows and they were not the correct color. After an hour we finally got a hold of Mike. His response was, “you signed a contract and it is not our fault.” We told the men to stop working and to not install the doors. They came back with plywood to cover the holes in our walls and took the doors and windows back to the shop. Mike asked if we could come to the shop in a couple days to talk this over. We stopped by and he said they had a solution to the problem. For an additional price of $1,200.00 we can fix this. He said it was both our faults since we gave him stain from our home that matched what we did the previous year and he never verified the color or came to the house to field verify that it would be right. He came out twice to measure, but never to check color. His trained staff matched a piece of wood we gave them from our home. They had two choices for us to pick from. We took it home to field verify and checked the color. It was a bright and sunny morning and in that light it looked okay. Mike never said we should keep it for 24 hours to see how various lights and time of day would look, but again we trusted Mike and his experience. Third mistake. We signed the back of the board agreeing to the color. And two weeks later we had an installation date. When the windows and doors arrived, they looked a little dark but we did not have the sample board that we signed, it was with Mike. But again, it was a bright and sunny day and it “looked” pretty close. After the windows were installed we paid the remaining balance to his staff and they left. Fourth mistake. As the day went on and the sun was on the other side of the house, the stain started getting darker. This stain did not match any wood in the house. It was horrible. We emailed Mike that night about some touchups needed and he said his staff would come over the next day to fix. We asked for them to bring the sample board that we signed off on. That morning they came over and the sample board we signed off on did NOT match. When we told his staff they said, “it is 90% close enough”. We told them how upset we are over these windows and they apologized and said there was nothing they could do. We emailed Mike to come over that night and see for himself the color difference. He did not respond. We then emailed him the photo to show him the difference. And once again he will not respond. This shows the character of this company. They cash the check and run. They hide behind a contract and when they fail to perform what the client expects to be done right, they leave you high and dry. The picture below: We signed off on the trim to the right. Mike Schmidt promised to color match to that. What we got is to the left.

Description of Work
Replace rotting doors and windows to the back patio

Category replacement windows,doors

08/01/2018

Patrick O.

Schmidt Exteriors did such a awesome & unbelievable job. We are so happy that we went with them. Mike was very knowledgeable, straightforward & honest. He answered any questions we had. Then, as it got closer to the time for the work to be done, I was getting nervous about what to expect. I called Susan and she was so nice and put my mind totally at ease. The crew that came to install the windows and trim were exceptional!! I expected it to be very loud while they were working, but it wasn’t that bad at all. These guys were so good at what they do. It was amazing to watch them work. Especially when it came to the interior moulding around the windows. It just went so smoothly. And they were so very tidy!!! They cleaned up everything inside and out with minimal dust inside. It was just amazing! Then Martin & Marcella were here to do the touch-up painting & caulking inside. What a beautiful, immaculate job they did too. It was all just beyond what we could have ever expected. The whole job took 2 1/2 days. We are so very pleased with the results. Thanks so much (*^-^)

Description of Work
Replacement of 14 windows

07/20/2018

Scott B.

I could not be happier with the final product. Mike's crew replaced windows on the back of the house a year ago and came back this summer to replace the windows on the front of the house. I went with Pella Impervia which are (white) fiberglass both inside and out. The installation was made more complicated by existing, extensive interior trim and wainscoting panels, but the crew's attention to detail was nothing short of perfection. Once the painters arrived the following day to caulk and do touchups, I was completely thrilled with the final result.

Description of Work
window replacement

05/09/2018

Jerry B.

This is an outstanding contractor. Mike is real "salt of the earth" kind of guy. He is upstanding, honest and very hard w working. He is really experienced and knowledgeable in the trades. They are also extremely respectful of my property throughout the projects and do a great job of cleaning up. Communication was great he stayed in touch throughout the project and Mike always follows up to ensure all my expectations are met. I strongly recommend Mike - true professional.

Description of Work
Storm Door. Replaced my siding, windows, gutters and exterior trim. He also added a picture window in kitchen and 2 in the dining room.

05/09/2018

Edwin M.

We are extremely pleased with everything Mike has done for us. I have had him on two separate projects and also have added tasks which he willingly took on without hesitation. Mike and his crew are exceptional, super professional, efficient and very hard working. Mike is always respectful of my property throughout the project and cleaning up every day. Great communication via phone, text and email. He also follows up with me going above and beyond to make sure we are happy. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Siding and all new windows

04/27/2018

Mary B.

They came when they said they would. Their employees were knowledgeable and polite. They stayed within the initial quote and the other quotes I had received.

Description of Work
They replaced all of my windows and 2 patio doors.

Category replacement windows,doors

04/27/2018

Phil R.

They were excellent and I have zero complaints. I praised them because they work was good and the workers were good too. I wished I could give them an A++. Their pricing was also competitive.

Description of Work
I had them install windows. They installed concrete board siding for us too.

Category siding,replacement windows

11/08/2017

Miguel S.

There service was excellent and they met their time line goals. Outstanding company

Description of Work
Full exterior doors and windows. Roofing, siding and driveway cement work

Category insulation,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,doors

Naperville Windows & Doors

Naperville Windows & Doors Company was founded with a single purpose - to provide the homeowners of Naperville, Aurora, Wheaton, Hinsdale, Downers Grove and other western suburbs of Chicago with a better choice in a replacement window & door company. To do this, we knew that we had to offer better quality windows at great prices, and back them with a higher level of service and the most professional installation. Additional Email - napervillewindows@gmail.com

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    Best Windows Inc

*Virtual Remote Estimates Are Always Available* We provide high preformance windows at a much lower cost because you deal direcly with me John Wrzesinski the owner. Please call me at 7082042446 today.

Offers by Best Windows Inc on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

NA

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Schmidt Exteriors, Inc.

How is Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. overall rated?

Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. is currently rated 4.7 overall out of 5.

What days are Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. open?

Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. is open:

What payment options does Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. provide

Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Does Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by Schmidt Exteriors, Inc.?

Yes, Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offer?

Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. offers the following services: Full service of Insulation, Windows, Siding & Doors. Preferred contractor with James Hardie Siding. We are Master Elite with Mastic Vinyl. We are also Pella Certified, Marvin Certified, an Air Krete Foam Insulation licensee, for walls and BPI Certified Attic Insulators.

Are there any services Schmidt Exteriors, Inc. does not offer?

NA