Buchner Heating, AC & Plumbing

Founded 1919 • With Angi since September 2007

2116 West Galena Blvd.

Aurora, IL 60506

Award wining. Additional DBA - Buchner Inc Heating & Air Cond.

06/30/2018

MICHAEL N.

I purchased an air conditioner, furnace, smart thermostat, and water heater from Buchner in mid-June 2018. This was my first time purchasing these types of equipment; and so I thoroughly researched brands and installation companies in my area. Some of the sites on which I researched were Consumer Reports, Yelp, Google Reviews, and Angie's List. Through this research I developed a list of questions to ask when receiving installation quotes. In total I received quotes from 4 companies. I learned a good amount from the quotes I received as well. The top criteria I used to decide on a company were price, equipment brand, and company reputation. Buchner installs Carrier HVAC products and this was a top rated brand from my research. The sales rep. from Buchner did not give me a hard sell, unlike 2 of the other companies. The Buchner sales style was essentially "These are the steps to install the equipment correctly, and here's how much it will cost." I was given a few installation options. Sean, the sales rep., was very accommodating to a couple minor nuisances I requested. Mike and Jesse, the installers were very knowledgeable. They did a very neat job installing. There were no surprises, and that's a good thing. They finished the job early and spent some extra time showing me how to use the smart thermostat. Overall, Buchner exceeded all of my criteria. They took care of everything from start to finish, even setting up the inspection from the City of Aurora. In addition, they have great warranties for their equipment and labor. I would use them again and recommend them to install equipment to members of my family.

Description of Work
AC, Furnace, Water Heater, Smart Thermostat Installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

08/08/2017

Diane A.

Very good experience, all were very professional , friendly and knowledgeable. They answered all questions I had. I met with Sean on 7/25 for estimate to replace our 29 year old furnace and air conditioner. Sean worked up estimate and was able to set me up with installment date the very next week on 7/30. Mike and Jesse did the installation. They came at 7:00 and finished around 2:00. They put all equipment on a square base and replaced the sheet metal that had corroded because of an old humidifier they removed. They left everything clean and neat. I was able to take advantage of $750 in rebates which lowered the final investment to $5794. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace and air conditioner

06/01/2017

Lucinda C.

Fabulous! Just one day's worth of work - excellent installation and friendly workers.

Description of Work
Replacement of Furnace and Air Conditioner

02/21/2017

Raveesh V.

We have a contract with them to come out to check the AC and furnace. It takes about an hour and half. They clean up very well.

Description of Work
I used Buchner Heating, AC & Plumbing to check the AC.

03/21/2016

Vince T.

Very efficient, courteous, and on-time service. They took their time and paid attention to every detail, and removed all the old stuff and cleaned up after themselves. Its difficult to find this level of service these days.

Description of Work
Buchner installed a Hi Efficiency boiler at my work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

12/13/2014

Wayne M.

He came out and re-piped the gas line to my hot water heater as well. They came out and were very polite and did great work. Their customer was pretty great.

Description of Work
Came out and did a clean and check for my furnace and replaced the valve as well as found a water line and fixed it where it was leaking.

09/19/2014

Doug M.

These guys are excellent! We have tried a few other companies - but we are glad we found Buchner. Our AC unit had been freezing up for a few years. We had been limping it along, refilling it twice a year, but it finally froze up for good. I believe there was something wrong with the coil as well, but I can't recall what. We contacted a few companies to come out and give a quote on fixing the unit. We had used Buchner before for our general maintenance and repair, but we wanted to compare them against some other companies. Buchner gave us the most detailed information, taking time to explain in detail the intricacies of the AC system and how each part fit into it. They also explained how to construct a well-tuned system. Buchner gave us costs for repairing and replacing the system, and explained the pros and cons of each. There was no pressure, and they let us decide what was best for us. Once we made our choice, they installed the system quickly and professionally! Everyone we had contact with was very professional and knowledgeable. I would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
A complete HVAC overhaul - new AC condenser/compressor and coil, and a new furnace heating and AC.

08/18/2014

H E J.

It went great they were very professional, clean, and courteous. I thought my water faucet outside needed to be replaced and they said they would save me money by just fixing what needed to be fixed and not replacing it. They were great and I would use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed my water faucet on the outside of my house.

Category plumbing

08/04/2014

Melinda H.

Great. He checked out the whole unit to make sure nothing was frozen. Then checked the repair I had made. He explained how to care for the water drainage.

Description of Work
Check water leaking because of AC condensation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing

04/27/2014

lanette S.

The serviceman was prompt and explained the repair. Buchner is very good about contacting me when the tech is on his way so I am able to leave work and meet them.

Description of Work
Buchner cleaned the igniter to eliminate the problem of the furnace recycling on and off.

03/25/2014

Mary M.

I am comfortable with them coming to my house and there hasn't been any issues. They are friendly, explain everything so I understand it, document everything they have done in detail, put stickers on the water heater and furnace to document what they did and who did it. They always know who was here last, what they did and I will continue to use them.

Description of Work
They have worked on my water heater twice, fixed a furnace problem and service the HVAC system.

11/04/2013

Michael L.

We had Buchner do all our cleaning and maintenance. One this appointment they pointed out that our fan moter was only working part of the time and that we were leaking freon. The estimated cost of the repairs was not that much less than the total cost of replacing the unit with a more energy efficient one. They came at the exact time they said they would, worked extremely hard and efficiently and were done in no time. They were so nice and even let our 2 year old come watch the and quot;worker men fix the machineand quot; I would for sure recommened them. I gave them a and quot;Band quot; on the price because you can get the unit for cheaper, but we are loyal to them for all our service and wanted to give them the business.

Description of Work
replaced Air Conditioner

09/12/2013

Alicia Beth T.

They came out and changed the vent pipe for the furnace that was rusting and in spots had holes that was allowing gasses to vent in the house. They did a great job and even changed the angle from what was there so that it wouldn't rust again! Each contact with them was great and would use them again for other HVAC or plumbing needs!

Description of Work
Change furnace vent piping that was rusting with new pipe.

05/09/2013

Donald M.

They were not the least expensive but one of the first things they presented me with is that they are highly rated on Angie's List. They did a flawless job. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They put in a central A/C unit.

04/10/2013

Kristin R.

My husband and I recently purchased an older home that did not have air conditioning. Initially We tried to get five quotes but didn't realize it would be such a difficult project. A few of the people that came out never even responded with a quote. Chris was very professional, was quick to respond and gave us a fair quote. He was great about following-up on the hundreds of questions we had. Through the project Chris was very helpful and kept us up with everything that was going on. He even planted a few bushes next to the AC unit to comply with Glen Ellyn city ordinance! We felt so comfortable working with Buchner and were very impressed with the finished product. Doing a project this big was a little scary by I am glad we decided to go with them.

Description of Work
We installed a high velocity AC system in our newly purchased 1925 home.

02/02/2013

Janet R.

I have used Buchner for my mom's and dad's townhomes and they are excellent. Always professional, on time, good pricing and terrific skillful field representatives. Highly recommended to all my family and friends. They are a terrific company to work with.

Description of Work
They have helped with service and maintenance calls for home furnace and also installed a new AC Furnace system in my dad's townhome. They were excellent. I would use them again and tell friends to use them.

12/30/2012

JoAnn B.

The job (installing a water heater)was completed and done as promised. Right down starting with the office and all the way to the installer was exceptional. I would highly recommend this company for heating, cooling and plumbing.

Description of Work
We have used Buchner Heating and Cooling for the last 5 years and their service is exceptional. They started a Plumbing business also and we used them in November 2012 for a water problem. Thought it was our Hot Water Heater but turned out to be our external sump pump. Tim (plumber) came out right away and fixed the problem. Monday December 23 we had another leak and this time it was our water heater. Buchner quoted us a price and we compared it to another plumber in the area and Buchner was 400.00 less. As it turned out our heater was till under warranty and all we had to pay was for the installation. Tim Bayer did a fantastic job and was very neat about his work and was very professional.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

07/21/2012

Charles S.

The overall job including follow up work went very well.

Description of Work
I contacted Buchner on a Sunday evening for an urgent AC leak...I received a call early Mon morning and a repair technician two hours later. They diagnosed the problem and offered several options for repair far more comprehensive and less expensive than the previous contractor. Their follow up , punctuality, professionalism and quality of work were top notch.....these guys are very good.

04/21/2012

Charles W.

He did not have a replacement on this truck. I watched him during the service call and saw that it would be easy for me to do a replacement of the ignitor. I am a handyman type and have experience with electrical devices. The weather not very cold and we could do without the furnace working for a few days, as we have a 2 furnace house. The part number for the ignitor was on a tag still attached to the bad ignitor. I asked if I could buy one on the internet and he guessed that a replacement ignitor could be bought that way. We concluded the servicing with him just billing for the initial service call ($65) and giving me a quote (about $200) if I ended up needing Buchner to come out again and install a new ignitor. I went on the internet, easily located a replacement ignitor, and purchased 2 (about $70 shipping included) so I could install one in the furnace with the failed ignitor and one in our other furnace as it was the same age. The ignitors arrived in one day and I installed both in less than 30 minutes. Furnaces are working well with the newly installed ignitors. I really appreciated that the service guy was open about what he was doing and did not pressure me to have him complete the job, i.e. get the replacement part from a local supply house and install it, after I expressed a desire to try to get the part and to do the install myself. Very knowledgeable and customer friendly. I will not hesitate to use Buchner again.

Description of Work
Service guy arrived at the scheduled time and determined the problem with the gas furnace was a bad ignitor (electric element in the gas chamber that heats up to cause the gas to burst into flame). I was with him the entire time and he was very nice to explain everything as he went about determining the problem.

10/25/2011

BILL T.

Tech came, inspected unit - found small problem - fixed and serviced the unit for the winter ..... Honestly thought we needed a new heater and could of been sold a new unit but Buchner's Tech was spot on with his repair and said we had several more years of solid service from our existing unit .... We appreciate their honestly and prompt service!

Description of Work
Heater not working properly

07/19/2011

JoAnn B.

We have been dealing with Buchner for approximately four years and have been completely satisfied with everything they do. Their office staff is very professional and inform me of the day they will service our needs and it is taken care of on the date and time they specify. Their serivce men are extremely professional and polite and always perform in an excellent manner.

Description of Work
Servicing our air conditioner for the season.

06/09/2011

Kristina K.

I would recommend them. The experience was positive and they are good.

Description of Work
Last time they came to do routine maintenance and to check up on it. Last year they had to hose off my air conditioner.

04/07/2011

Kim A.

Our experience with them was good. We have used them a lot and we bought a furnace from them in our other house. The job went real well. They are just very friendly and efficient. They explain everything very nicely about where the money is going.

Description of Work
We used Buchner Heating & Air Conditioning in September to come check my furnace.

03/29/2011

BILL T.

Buchner's work and service were beyond our expectations!

Description of Work
Dealing with Chris is a pleasure, he really knows his stuff ..... While Buchner's was not the cheapest, they were the BEST VALUE!

06/06/2008

Karen C.

Wonderful. When I called in the morning, Michelle answered and was able to arrange the schedule to help me out since I travel quite a bit and my window for service calls is really limited. She also had me check a few things ahead of time which really helped the service person-turning off unit to melt the ice, changing the filter, etc. Mark came out and found 2 potential leak sites, which he repaired and then filled the unit up with refrigerant.

Description of Work
My air conditioning unit was not cooling my house. I called Buchners and they had someone out here by the afternoon. They found a leak in the coolant system and recharged my unit.

Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

Award 2022
    Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi
    Santiago air duct cleaning

We offer qualityair duct cleaning we explain the costumers all the process on the beginning we offer before and after pictureso everything and if costumer have a questionwe are more than happy to answerquestions no hiddens fees in the pricess everything is leggit and in order.

Quality Air Duct Cleaning

At Quality Air Duct Cleaning, we care for your air. With services ranging from duct cleaning and sanitation to dryer vent cleaning, we’re helping our customers breathe easier and improve the overall quality of their indoor air. We help you reduce the pollutants and contaminants that cause allergies, asthma, and illness and leave you with confidence in your home and AC unit. (708) 800-9844

Award 2022
    Offers by Quality Air Duct Cleaning on Angi

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Residential and commercial sales, installation and repair of air conditioning, heating systems, plumbing, drain cleaning, water heaters, gas furnaces, humidifiers, air filters, uv germicidal lights, heat, energy recovery ventilators, water heaters, air cleaners, space heaters, boilers & air duct cleaning.