Dickson Contractors Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since August 2004

526 S Arthur Ave

Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Dickson Contractors Inc. has been serving the Northwest Suburbs in Exterior Home Improvement since 1987. We Are A+ Rated With The Better Business Bureau, Five Star on Google and Yelp, member of NRC in good standing, Certified GAF Shingle Installers & a Member of The Arlington Heights Chamber of Commerce . We specialize in roofs, roof repairs, siding, siding repairs, window, door & gutters, gutter repairs and gutter guards. We also have a full service department that can evaluate any problems you may be having. Dickson Contractors is conveniently located on Arthur Ave. in Arlington Heights and we have a showroom where we display most of the products we install. Please call our office for your Free Estimate today. 847 577-8730....

08/14/2021

Cecilia F.

I waited but Adam did an excellent job!

Description of Work
install windows

Category replacement windows

08/02/2018

TIMOTHY R.

From the first contact through the final payment, the company represented themselves very professionally. Great contact from Jim, I believe he would be Field Manager as he gave quote and coordinated everything. Extremely helpful in providing me addresses for homes with specific color roofs I was interested in considering. I visited homeowners on the reference sheet. Two of them right in my neighborhood! Overwhelmingly positive references and based on our experience, I totally agree. We got 3 estimates and Dickson had very competitive pricing. Their professionalism and the excellent references convinced us to go with Dickson. Jim didn’t do a hard sell or big push to have extra work added in the estimate; just nice simple business discussion. It was so refreshing! Roof looks great! Staff at our home were very polite and cordial; and clean up was excellent. We will have them come back for some additional work we want to have done replacing a basement door/storm door. Don’t hesitate to work with them, they’re top notch.

Description of Work
Tear off, replace roof on split level residence

08/16/2017

Manny K.

My initial experience with this company was fantastic. Very responsive and professional. I called with a few questions regarding the estimate and work to be done. I had every intention on hiring them. Unfortunately I spoke with Jim, who was not helpful at all. He did not seem to understand my questions and told me that since it was such as small job I should go with another contractor. Unfortunate as we plan on replacing the roof to my home in the next few years. I would not recommend that Jim speak with potential customers.

Description of Work
Repair roof to shed

This was a estimate to replace a roof on a shed. We do this type of work all the time. Not sure what the miscommunication had been. We have completed a lot of work in this neighborhood and do large and small jobs alike along with repairs to roofs, siding & gutters.

10/04/2016

natalie K.

They fixed the leak and did not charge me for the work. That is what is called pride in what you do and business integrity. I will be using Dickson again for any upcoming siding or roofing projects that may come up. I recommend asking for Bill, he does a good job.

Description of Work
I had my roof redone, new gutters and new fascia done 10 years ago. I had a small leak and called them up to see if the roof was still under contract and it was just over the time limitation.

Category contractors, roofing

07/12/2016

Bryan T.

The workers and workmanship were fantastic.

Description of Work
Dickson Contractors replaced our 40-year-old aluminum siding with vinyl siding.

Category siding

06/20/2016

Barbara S.

Was very nervous when he said that he had no experience with an aluminum sunroom. That combined with bad experiences with other contractors made me very scared. I researched & told them what to do with the sunroom. They followed it the letter. I met the installers & they were exceptionally polite, kind, considerate & very clean. An excellent experience.

Description of Work
Tear off 2 layers, replaced 2 lead collars, 3 vents & 1 ridge vent. Removed 1 power roof fan & 2 vents. Added another ridge vent, cut soffit vents, added 2 exhaust vents that were never there. Screwed the shingles onto the aluminum sunroom room.

01/25/2016

KENNETH S.

Excellent ! All work was done well. Several delays were the fault of weather. Workers were friendly.

Description of Work
New roof new vinyl siding new fascia & trim new gutters.

10/27/2015

donald B.

Description of Work
Repair siding

Category decks, roofing

10/19/2015

Peter S.

Description of Work
Roof gable & flat, siding, window, fascia & soffit.

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

08/27/2015

Laura A.

We had interviewed one other company (sent someone who did not know what they were doing) and yet another company gave us an estimate without ever meeting us or contacting us at all. We finally asked our neighbors, and several of them had been very pleased with Dickson's. The company was ready earlier than anticipated! It took about a week in total - there were 3 teams for the roof, the siding and windows, and the gutters. Jim from Dickson's was on scene every day and took time to check in with us and answer any questions (and we had a lot of them!). There was some noise and a lot of debris but overall we felt that Dickson's offered exceptional service from beginning to the end of the job, and we would highly recommend this company to anyone who needs these types of repairs.

Description of Work
Dickson's replace our roof, installed new windows on the upper floor, and put in all new gutters, soffits, etc.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, replacement windows

07/31/2015

Evie P.

I have used Dickson many times. Jim comes out quickly to give an estimate/ Kpb was dpme a couple weeks later when the windows came in. It wasn't easy as an old glass block window had to be taken out and it was surrounded by tile. Other companies told me they either couldn't do it because of the tile or a lot of the tile would break. No tile problem with Dickson. Jim knew exactly what do do and it turned out perfect. I had a Pella casement window put in. There was a small problem with a missing screw on the handle and Jim was out the next day to fix it himself after making a call to Pella. I've used Dickson quite a few times and am always happy with them.

Description of Work
I had a bathroom window put in

Category replacement windows, glass block

07/23/2015

Cynthia V.

Dickson did an excellent job from the estimate to the completion of the job. Workers were courteous and the clean up excellent.

Description of Work
New roof. New gutters. Soffit ventilation.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

01/11/2015

Robert H.

Showed up on time, very professional. Worked very hard in cold weather to remove existing roof and re-roof. Gutter work was outstanding. Overall a good experience; will use Dickson again.

Description of Work
-Removed existing Roof (2 layers) -Installed new roof -Installed new gutters

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/21/2014

William M.

Superintendent Jim arrived early to go over entire job with me. Five man crew arrived soon after to start work. All done in a day.

Description of Work
Tear off roof, apply ice shield, felt and shingles also flat roof tear off+ rubber membrane. metal flashing, burned down.

10/18/2014

Marie H.

excellent from first phone call through entire process.

Description of Work
Roof, install gutter, downspout and back porch.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing

07/29/2014

paul G.

It went well. They came out early around 7am and replaced the roof and installed new bigger gutters. They had to replace some plywood in one of the corners of the roof. They were efficient and clean and they were done by about 6 that evening.

Description of Work
New roof and gutters

Category contractors, gutter repair, roofing

04/08/2014

HELEN R.

It went well but it took a long time. My job was small and he sandwiched it in between other jobs that were bigger and so it took a while for it be completed but I was satisfied with the results. The pricing was about right. I did have one contact who was a roofer and it was a problem where water was coming in we thought through the roof so it was nice to have one contact all the way through the process. We did have to wait for him to become available but I felt like he had a lot of expertise and he directed us to a remedy that was cheaper and not the most expensive way to go. The price was good.

Description of Work
I used Dickson Contractors to do a leak repair on a rental property that we own.

Category plumbing

01/16/2014

Michael B.

Jim H provided a thorough inspection of quote. Answered all questions. Work was scheduled; workers were courteous and contientious. Work effort was as quoted. Installation and clean up was excellent.

Description of Work
Complete tear-off & re-roofing of 2 story house. All new gutters installed; & Dormer Windows re-clad in aluminum.

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

11/22/2013

Joan D.

Dickson Contractors were very professional from start to finish. We felt confident in their reputation and quality. The only downside was being called when the roof was off to be told that we needed to replace the underlying plywood for $2,000! And we were surprised by this but the contractor did take and show us later the pictures of the damage.

Description of Work
Replacement of roof on the house.

10/29/2013

Ken N.

The representative came out to give me an estimate when he said he would. He made a record visit at my request in the evening when my wife was here. They did the job on the date that they said they would and did a good job.

Description of Work
They replaced all of the sheeting. They installed roof vents and replaced the shingles.

09/04/2013

Susan E.

Four roofers looked at our oof, and only Dickson (Frank) was able to explain why a section of our roof had many cracked shingles and leaks. Their team was here on time, efficient, and cleaned up well.

Description of Work
They identified the cause of roof leak; exlained why the original installation 18 years ago by a different contractor was done incorrectly, leading to premature failure of the shingles. Replaced that portion of the roof.

Category gutter repair, roofing

05/09/2013

Evie P.

As mentioned above, they did a great job. I would never use anyone else.

Description of Work
I've had Dickson for a few years and would never deal with anyone else. I had repair a botched roofing job someone else did. I've had them put in windows twice, and, best of all, they repaired a flat roof leak on my sunporch that no one else could do. It had leaked for years and they knew exactly what to do. No leaks since they fixed it. I had called a lot of other companies about the roof problem which caused a leak and ruined a window below. the solutions these companies gave me ranged from ridiculous to "I have no clue". Dickson came out, knew exactly what to do, and it worked just fine.

Category roofing, replacement windows

08/08/2011

HELEN R.

I have used Frank before on roofing repairs to a rental unit. He is busy, so sometimes I need to call a second time, but then we are able to set a time to meet if he needs access to the unit. Frank was referred to me by my realtor originally. During an incident last winter, we had water coming in the unit from ice damming. He took photos with his cameraphone and emailed them to me so I could see exactly where the water was coming from. This was extremely helpful. He set a date to come back and do the work (I didn't need to be there) and it was completed. This summer we had leaking in a different part of the unit and he came out again to fix it. A week later we had a bit more water inside the unit and he came out to look at the work at my request. He felt that the water was coming from a different spot due to the heavy winds from the storm. No charge for the second visit. I trusted his judgement. If we have water again I'll feel comfortable calling and letting him know.

Description of Work
Installed flashing around a soffit to prevent rain from entering unit.

07/19/2011

Eugene A.

They said we don't need to repair anything on the roof. If we need to do any roofing work in the future, we would call them. He was honest, and he didn't try to sell the whole roof. He was there for our benefit and not his. My friend referred him to us. They just finished the job, so it would be too early to talk about the quality of the work. The guy had some issue getting here on time.

Description of Work
We contacted Dickson Contractors Inc. three or four weeks ago to do some work on the roof. They did some caulking work on the roof.

08/09/2004

DEBRA S.

THE ESTIMATE WAS DONE WHEN I WAS NOT AT HOME. IT ARRIVED WITHIN A COUPLE OF DAYS OF MY INITIAL CONTACT. I FELT IT WAS REASONABLE AND CONTAINED ENOUGH DETAIL FOR ME TO MAKE A DECISION. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THAT THE PERSON WHO TOOK MY INITIAL PHONE CALL COULD NOT TELL ME WHICH DAY THE REPRESENTATIVE WOULD COME. IF I HAD KNOWN, I COULD HAVE BEEN HOME TO TALK TO HIM. THE PRICE WAS SOMEWHAT HIGHER THAN THE PRICE I ENDED UP PAYING TO THE CONTRACTOR I HIRED. BECAUSE I HAVE SEEN OTHER HOUSES REROOFED BY DICKSON, I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE HIRED THEM IF I HAD NOT FOUND ANOTHER CONTRACTOR WHO GAVE A BETTER PRICE AND WHOM I ACTUALLY SAW IN PERSON.

Description of Work
ESTIMATE FOR TEAR-OFF AND RE-ROOF OF A 3-BEDROOM RANCH STYLE HOUSE WITH A HIPPED ROOF, USING 30-YEAR ARCHITECTURAL SHINGLES.

General Masonry Restoration

We are a small company that focuses on customer satisfaction. Over 15 years of experience. We are honest people and guarantee quality work.

RICE MASONRY CONST CO INC

Owner operated with 39 yrs of restoration and new construction experience. I personally oversee all projects,no subcontractors. We perform outstanding quality work, we are OSHA safety certified. and have the best guarantee in the industry. Rice masonry is a fully licensed and insured masonry and tuckpointing company with 10 highly skilled employees

Best Windows Inc

*Virtual Remote Estimates Are Always Available* We provide high preformance windows at a much lower cost because you deal direcly with me John Wrzesinski the owner. Please call me at 7082042446 today.

Offers by Best Windows Inc on Angi

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
    104-004625
    Illinois
    Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Roofing: Shingle, Flat Roofs, Cedar & roof repairs. Siding: Vinyl, Aluminum, Hardie Board & LP Smartside. Fascia-Soffit-Frieze System in aluminum. Gutters System: Seamless Aluminum, regular or oversize gutters, gutter guards. Replacement windows: Bay, bow, double-hung, casement, emergency exit & glass block. Doors: patio sliders, storm & replacement. Skylights & Solar Tubes.

Garage doors, decks, commercial roofing.