Amsterdam Enterprises

Founded 1984 • With Angi since December 2013

4.3

615 E Algonquin Rd

Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Amsterdam Enterprises proudly serves the North Shore, West Suburbs, and Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL with expert, dependable roofing and contracting work. We’re pleased to offer both residential and commercial services performed by the some of the area’s finest craftsmen. Gerard Stencel and his carefully selected team are passionate about providing the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction. Our list of construction capabilities includes full-service roofing (including shingles, cedar, slate, tiles and copper), siding, windows, soffit/fascia, gutters and masonry/tuck-pointing. At Amsterdam Enterprises, we also do historical restoration work and take pride in preserving the past from an environmental and aesthetic point of view. No matter the project, we don't require a down payment. When you work with us, you don't pay until you're 100% happy with the work. Be sure to ask about upgrades, labor warranties, and finance options. Call Amsterdam Enterprises today for a free estimate!...

05/11/2018

Kathy J.

I was very please with all the work that was done to my home; new roof, gutters and two chimneys rebuilt. Worked everyday till completion and cleaned up every bit of debris. My house sparkles with the new roof. Owner and office staff provided excellent customer service. Giving this company a five star rating!

Description of Work
New roof, gutters, rebuilt two chimneys.

Category gutter repair, masonry, roofing

10/31/2017

ROCCO M.

After a hail storm, our roof started to leak and our insurance agreed to pay for a new roof. Gerard came out to take a look at the main home roof, was very honest and straight forward, which I appreciate. He also suggested adding more rigid foam insulation over our addition which we agreed to. After getting a few quotes, we decided to use Amsterdam because they were professional, easy to work with, and returned phone calls in a timely manner. Amterdam is also National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) member which goes a long way for me. A few weeks later, 3 workers showed up and replaced our roof and 2 skylights. All completed in one day. Very clean and efficient work.

Description of Work
Roof replaced. Two skylights replaced.

09/27/2017

Sandy S.

Worked hard to earn our business but after signing the contract they are impossible to get a hold of. Roof was installed when promised and skylight was to be installed the next afternoon. Took the afternoon off work but they never showed up or called to reschedule. I called and left a message, they returned the call the next day and said they'll be there in the afternoon. Again took time off work and again they never showed up or called. After leaving more messages and broken promises of an installation date, the skylight was finally installed after 1.5 weeks. The only good thing I can say is the installers did a great job. They were professional, polite and cleaned up the area beautifully. Beware!

Description of Work
Needed new roof and skylight from hail damage.

Category roofing, skylights

11/14/2016

Steve G.

The crew appeared on time and discussed with me what they were going to do. I pointed out some areas of concern and they explained what would be done. The entire process took about three hours and when they were finished, the brick work and tuck pointing looked fantastic! The crew cleaned up and asked me to inspect their work. I would highly recommend Amsterdam Enterprises!

Description of Work
Repaired some brick work and tuck pointing.

Category masonry

01/13/2016

Frank M.

Description of Work
Very pleased with the work that was done and with the competitive price.

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate your business! Thank you, Amsterdam Enterprises

06/25/2015

Brian G.

First, I contacted multiple contractors regarding the job, and Amsterdam had the best offer, even using the premium brand windows. Additionally, most contractors made their estimates without bothering to go on the roof and check out the skylights- Amsterdam went the extra mile to get exact measurements and review the site prior to the contract. As soon as I got all necessary approvals, Amsterdam ordered the parts, and they were ready to conduct the installation as soon as everything arrived, which was only 1-2 days. On the day of the installation, two professionals conducted the installation quickly and effectively, making sure to like up the windows precisely in the best locations. Everything went very well, and I couldn't be happier with the results. If I need any home improvements, Amsterdam Enterprises will definitely be the first number I call. They were fair, effective, and quick- I couldn't ask for anything more.

Description of Work
Amsterdam Enterprises installed two new skylights to replace two old units.

Category skylights

[member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review!!! We appreciate you taking the time. We are very happy you are satisfied with the sky lights and look forward to working with you in the future. Thank you again, Amsterdam Enterprises

10/06/2014

Eric H.

He worked really well with the insurance company and caught something that the insurance company may have missed. He came every time he said he would. He worked really well with us in figuring out what products we wanted to use. We just got a good feeling from this company. Work begins the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

Description of Work
They have given an estimate for work to repair hail damage.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

06/17/2014

Andrew S.

They had a good reputation and good consultants. They seem honorable and honest.

Description of Work
For roofing, we used Amsterdam.

03/17/2014

CANDACE S.

We heard about them from our neighbors; they were quite happy with them. They are really good. They told us we did not need a new roof yet; they did not charge us anything. Our insurance called us and told us that a lot of people were getting new roofs in the neighborhood because of the hail damage and we should have someone come and look at it. So we had the insurance company’s person come and look at it and he said we needed a new. When Amsterdam Roofing & Gutters came, they said we did not have hail damage but we had two more years on our roof. They were very polite, knowledgeable, and honest. We will use them after two years when we get our new roof.

Description of Work
We used Amsterdam Roofing & Gutters. They inspected our roof.

01/27/2014

Thomas F.

11/14/2013

Tod M.

Tore off and completely resplaced our roof. They also did masonry work on our chimney.

Description of Work

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows

08/12/2013

Linda S.

They did an excellent job. They are very responsive. They offer a warranty. The pricing was competitive. We had our entire roof replaced and gutters put on. We had a minor issue with the gutters but they came right out and fixed it.

Description of Work
I have had them do two roofs for me on two homes as well as new gutters. The first roof was a rubber roof. The second roof was a shingle roof which the gave me a 5 year warranty on. We sold the house shortly after.

Category gutter repair, roofing

04/17/2009

CHRIS B.

Terrible, wouldn't recommend them.

Description of Work
Called company for a quote. The neighbor had them do work for them. He gave me a quote in October when gas prices were $4.00 a gallon. I call him in the spring after gas prices drop to nearly $2.00 a gallon and he tells me his quote will be more even due to gas prices. I priced out the materials and my insurance company priced out the job and said $3500-$4500 is a fair price. His price was $5000-$6000 and he wouldn't budge at all, not to mention hanging up with me on the phone. I am surprised by their unwillingness to work in a terrible economy. Here I am ready to go ahead with his quote and he wont even honor it!

11/20/2008

JAMES S.

Gave me a detail quote in writing. INSTALL 3/40 foot section of gutter with extra wider down spouts. ALSO install metal gutter guards.

Description of Work
Replace my old gutters.

Category gutter repair

08/18/2008

JOHN F K.

It was excellent, they were great. They were very close to their estimate and they are very fast workers. They get in and get out.

Description of Work
They replaced the entire roof and they also did some siding.

Category roofing, siding

10/16/2007

BRUCE R.

They were messy. My yard was disaster while the project was underway. They destroyed a good deal of the landscaping in the process. I feel they could have taken much efforts to keep the area cleaned. The workmanship overall on the entire project, siding, gutter and roofing, was very shoddy. There are numerous problems that need to be corrected. Very unsatisfactory.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof, re hung gutters and siding.

06/15/2007

AMARIO B.

Did a super job, polite, efficient, worked and cleaned up after they were finished and prices were cheaper then others. Their work ethic was great.

Description of Work
Tore off old and repair underlayment.

10/06/2005

RACHEL L.

THEY RETURNED OUR CALL PROMPTLY, BUT DID NOT PROVIDE THE ESTIMATE IN THE FORMAT WE REQUESTED.

Description of Work
CAME TO GIVE US AN ESTIMATE ON THE GUTTERS. WE DESCRIBED THE PROBLEM WE WERE HAVING, BUT THE SOLUTION THEY SUGGESTED DID NOT ADDRESS OUR PROBLEM. ADDITIONALLY, THEY SHOWED UP ON A DIFFERENT DAY THAN WHAT WE EXPECTED FOR THE ESTIMATE.

Category gutter repair

03/28/2005

TOM E.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY FOR ROOFING! AFTER THE ROOF WAS INSTALLED, I HAD TWO MAJOR LEAKS. I CALLED THE OWNER AND HE WOULD NOT MEET WITH ME TO DISCUSS THE PROBLEM. HIRED ANOTHER COMPANY TO FINISH THE WORK.

Description of Work
AMSTERDAM DID TEAR OFF AND REPLACEMENT OF MY ROOF.

07/10/2003

MARK D.

Description of Work
SIDING

Category siding

Montes Masonry

We are a masonry company. We are here to help repair and replace chimneys and other home brick work. We also do roof repairs and replacements and small concrete repairs. Ask us about our senior, military, first responder discounts.

Olsen Tuckpointing Co

Masonry specialists servicing the Chicago area suburbs for over 55 years. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED. Family owned - 19 employees - no subcontractors - all experienced tuckpointers & union journeymen. Cost is determined by the job. Free estimates, no travel charges. Fully licensed, bonded and insured. A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau. Super Service Award (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020) from Angie's List.

AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc

Specialists in masonry restoration and building preservation since 1954. Licensed masons. Thousands of references. Fully Insured. Free written quotation for work in writing. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of masonry restoration work: mortar repair; parapet wall rebuilding; lintel replacement; chimneys; cleaning, caulking and sealing; and terra cotta/GFRC work. We are just as comfortable fixing your landmarked 100-year-old home as we are grinding, tuckpointing and sealing your 50-unit condominium building. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. No extra charge for after-hours service. 65 years of continuous service. Preferred mason contractor of architects and structural engineers. Very informative website found at www.AAA1Masonry.com. Send all inquiries to Info@AAA1Masonry or Robert@AAA1Masonry.com

Offers by AAA-1 Masonry & Tuckpointing Inc on Angi
    Check, Financing Available

Roofing, siding, windows, soffit/fascia, gutters and masonry/tuck-pointing.

Foundation repair Chimney Liners Brick/stone walkways, paths, paveways Driveways