Pratts Professional Chimney Service

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2011

Pratt's Professional Chimney Service is a Veteran and Family owned/operated Chimney Company. We take pride in providing the highest quality of workmanship at the fairest possible price. Our chimney sweeps are Nationally Certified through the Chimney Safety Institute of America and our company is a member of the National Chimney Sweep Guild. Our honest and friendly service is unmatched! We truly care about the safety and security of your family and will treat your home as if it was our own. We Strive to be the best in this industry and run our company with Honesty, Integrity, and Quality Workmanship. Pratt's Chimney offers preventative maintenance; chimney cleaning, waterproofing, rain caps & dampers AND repairs; fireplace relining, gas appliance relining, minor to major masonry repairs, gas log installation, tuck pointing, and more!...

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

chimney repair (82)chimney sweep (26)chimney cap repair (20)masonry (6)roofing (5)home inspection (3)gas fireplace repair (2)

01/05/2021

mike D.

Bryan was prompt. I told him that we had never had our Chimney swept in the 20 years we lived here. He examined our chimney and took a photo -- he showed me that the chimney was very clean -- no cleaning was necessary !! I appreciated that ! We have already hired Pratt to rebuild our chimney cap next spring.

Description of Work
Chimney Sweep

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! ~Pratt's Chimney Family

12/05/2020

Anne M.

Scott was extremely knowledgeable. I was very impressed. Unfortunately, my chimney wasn't up to snuff. I will wait for all estimates but I do trust them.

Description of Work
Clean and inspect

Category home inspection, chimney caps

Work Completed On 12/05/2020

Thank you so much for your kind words! Please let us know if you have any questions. Take care! ~Pratt's Chimney Family

08/20/2020

gary E.

Tyler, PJ and Andrew performed the work. They were professional, informative and skilled at their profession. From scheduling the chimney inspection until the work was finished, everybody at Pratt's Chimney Service were interested in customer satisfaction. Start to finish, it was a job well done.

Description of Work
Reline chimney, parge smoke chamber, tuck point firebox, concrete crown, waterproof chimney and replace log lighter.

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are blessed with all of our employees we have!

06/20/2020

Andrew H.

Bryan from Pratt's was great to work with. We had not used and of our fireplaces since we bought the house a few years ago. Two of them had old gas logs and the third had never been used since the house was built. I initially called Pratt's to inspect the chimneys and to discuss options on converting one from gas logs back to wood burning and another to have some sort of updated gas option put in. Upon inspection Bryan noted that all three had damage and it would not be safe to use without repairing them. He also determined none of them needed sweeping and that in fact the one in the basement had never been used. However, this one was not capped properly so the flue had accumulate some rust over the years. He showed me live video of the inside of the chimneys to show me the damage to them and why they were not safe to use as is. He proposed options on installing a gas insert in one, relining the one we wanted to burn wood in again and replacing the flue for the one in the basement. While we selected the options we wanted for the gas insert Bryan was very responsive and took the time answer all of our questions. When it came time to do the install Bryan ran into a couple of the issues with the gas insert installation. The backing for the insert was wrong for the manufacturer but Brian was able to track a proper one down so we didn't have to wait for the correct one to be sent by the manufacturer. The other issue was related to the existing gas line into the fireplace. It stuck out slightly too far for the insert to be centered properly and the line was completely cemented into the wall so it could not be adjusted. Brian went out of his way to talk to his contacts including the manufacturer on options that could be taken to slightly and safely modify the outside of the gas insert to be able to center it. Due to his efforts they were able to properly center the insert. The insert looks and works great. The new flues and caps also look great. Definitely recommend Pratt's Chimney service.

Description of Work
Inspect three chimneys. Convert one from gas logs back to wood burning and another from Gas logs to a gas insert. Replace the flue in two chimneys and replace the caps on all three.

Category chimney caps, chimney repair, gas logs

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

Thank you so much for your review!! We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with our team! Take care!

05/28/2020

Michael P.

Thanks to Sean and Dylan from Pratt's Chimney. They showed up on time, did a great job covering the floors and sealing the area (and using a vacuum) to ensure they cared for our home. The work was done professionally and they kept us informed the entire time they were on site. I would highly recommend. Fair Price and great work!

Description of Work
New Chimney Liner

Work Completed On 05/27/2020

Thank you for taking time out of your day and sharing your experience with us! We greatly appreciate you!!

03/06/2020

PETER B.

Matt did an awesome solo job. New cap looks likely to last much longer. An the Angie deal helped.

Description of Work
Replace blown away chimney cap

Work Completed On 03/04/2020

11/30/2019

Alyssa O.

it went great, they were very professional.

Description of Work
We had chimney inspected and was told because it was gas start and non wood burning we did not need it cleaned.

Work Completed On 11/29/2019

09/06/2019

BJ T.

. Outstanding! Matt K. arrived about 10 minutes early than scheduled time. Very patient with my questions and professional. We've lived in this house 27 years and I learned more about my fireplace/chimney than any prior chimney services(that mainly came from coupon magazines). He showed me the photo of the rusted out chase top (where the pipe comes out of the chimney), gave me an estimate for replacement($1200) and the time frame involved. We suspected before he came that this was an issue.He prioritized the other area of concern, told me what could wait and what I could do on my own.. I never felt pressured to do any work.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and inspection for probable work

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/06/2019

07/26/2019

Simon H.

Brian is very friendly and professional and I would not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Chimney Inspection

Category home inspection

Work Completed On 12/05/2019

03/19/2019

CONNIE M.

On time, neat, put down tarps to contain what little mess there was, showed photo/video of chimney. I had a coupon; can't remember if price was $175 or $125 with coupon.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning

Work Completed On 08/18/2017

03/04/2019

max B.

we noticed metal banging outside and determined that the cap was blown loose from the chimney but still hanging there. After reading several reviews of 4 companies listed on Angie's I called and scheduled an appointment with Pratt. Brian came this morning and inspected the chimney for needed repair and estimates. He was able to replace the existing cap and unless there are future occurrences it should not be necessary to replace the existing cap. There was no charge and he is sending me quotes for options on replacing one or both of the existing caps. Thank you Brian for an honest assessment and presenting options. I will definitely return to Pratt when it is necessary.

Description of Work
replace cap that blew loose from chimney

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Bryan! ~Pratt's Chimney Family

01/12/2019

Lisa W.

Everything went smoothly from bid to the completion of the work. Their bid was 19% lower than the competitor, but the solution was the same. We couldn't be happier to have worked with Pratt. Bryan came out promptly, worked up the bid right away, and worked with us to find a convenient time to do the work, which took the better part of a day. The three-man team took great care to keep the room clean while working, and thoroughly cleaned up at the end of the day. The firebox was painted a matt black at the end, and looks terrific. We can't have a fire for a few days until the work cures, but I'm certain all will be well. We would definitely hire them again - in fact, we will, to do annual cleanings henceforth!

Description of Work
Reline a 1938 chimney

Work Completed On 01/12/2019

11/29/2018

Dena H.

Steve was professional and honest. Told us we didn't need to have the fireplace cleaned yet! Proud patriot owned company, highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning/inspection

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

10/26/2018

Celeste K.

Our chimney was in need of a new cap, tuck-pointing and a liner. Steve gave us good recommendations for how to proceed, including the need of a chimney fan to draw the smoke out of our chimney's existing narrow flue. (He provided the name of an experienced electrician to do the specialized wiring for the fan. That was a separate cost.) The work was done in a timely manner, everything was as it should be. There were two questions we had after the fact, and Steve was very quick to respond to our emails. The first was on the use of the fan controls (which we were doing backwards!), the second was several months later, on a very cold night when the fireplace started smoking - Steve informed us that sometimes fireplace dampers (the flap at the top of the chimney that opens and closes to let the smoke out) get frozen shut in super cold weather. He gave us instructions on how to get it to release, voilà, problem solved! The fireplace works very well now. We're very happy with the work done, and we would recommend Pratt's Chimney Service.

Description of Work
Fireplace chimney tuck-pointing , flue liner, and fan

Work Completed On 11/07/2016

Thank you for your review on our company! Take care! ~Pratt's Chimney Family

09/25/2018

Gary0000 F.

We were very pleased with Pratt's for quickly and effectively solving our problem with a cracked chimney cap.

Description of Work
There was a crack in our chimney filter and a need for a new lining in our chimney to prevent rain from getting into the fireplace and hot water heater.

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

You are very welcome! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!! Take care!!

08/28/2018

Robert A.

Great. Brian inspected everything including the furnace and hot water heater besides the fireplace. He found a gap in the pipe from the water heater and screwed it down. He also went to the roof and found a problem with the base of the flue. He exceeded all my expectations and may even have saved my life with his repair of the water heater exhaust.

Description of Work
Inspection of fireplace and exhaust piping.

Category home inspection, roofing, chimney caps, gas logs

Work Completed On 08/28/2018

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review and sharing your experience with Bryan! We definitely take pride in our technicians knowledge that allows them to be thorough with each customers needs. Take care!!

05/05/2018

Joseph L.

Our fireplace chimney needed relining: the house was built in the mid 1960s, and despite regular sweeping it finally hit the point where it would not draft as well as it should. We had three estimates: one contractor (someone who had done brickwork on our chimney) told us he would have to break through the outside of the chimney to do the job, and was the most expensive; a second contractor tried to talk us into a gas-powered fireplace insert; and the third, Pratt, gave us a comprehensive quote. The owner, Steve, was very professional and patient and walked us through the quote. On the day of the job, the team showed up right on the agreed upon time and they were finished on schedule. The fireplace drafted beautifully and we are very pleased with the service. As a postscript, we noticed a smell coming from the fireplace during very hot and humid weather, and Steve came out to explain what was going on and how we can address it. He could have done it over the phone but he insisted on being here in person. Highly recommended-- I won't use anyone else for my chimney work.

Description of Work
Chimney Relining

Work Completed On 05/04/2018

Thank you so much for your kind review! We hope that you have a wonderful burn season ahead, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

11/04/2017

Cortney P.

Steve came to perform a chimney sweep. He was punctual and honest in his evaluation of our chimney. His honesty was very appreciated and a breath of fresh air. It is not very often that you find honesty through companies like this. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Chimney sweep

Work Completed On 11/04/2017

Thank you for your review on our company!

10/30/2017

Joan S.

They were on time and quick. Discovered chimney is leaking water after rainfall will have to call them out again.

Description of Work
Chimney Cleaning and inspection.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

Hello and thank you for your review. Please let us know if you have any questions. Take care!!

10/18/2017

Brendan D.

Seem to have done a very nice job. Were just a bit demanding on final payment when I had not had a chance to see the work yet (it had only been a single day).

Description of Work
Widened and lined chimney and some minor exterior chimney repairs and cap

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

Hello, Thank you for the review, we apologize that you felt that we were demanding on payment. We have a policy that we need to collect payment upon completion of work but understand in your situation of not having the chance to inspect the completed work. Thank you for expressing your concern of this and we will make a strong effort to make sure that we do not have a customer feel the same way. Take care!

10/13/2017

Bill J.

Replaced the Chase and collar on my fireplace .Done when promised, without me needing to be there. It looks great, no debris left behind and the water leak I had is gone. Highly recommend this company. If there was a rating higher than this I would give them an A+++++

Description of Work
Replaced the Chase and collar on my fireplace .

Work Completed On 10/02/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your review!! We are happy to help you solve your leaky chimney! Take care!!

08/17/2017

Lydia O.

The work was done quickly and efficiently. The crew did an extremely professional job and finished in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend Pratts to anyone needing comprehensive chimney service.

Description of Work
Chimney relined, disassembled brick chimney, and B-Vent installed.

Work Completed On 08/09/2017

Thank you for the review, take care!!!

07/07/2017

Ming Z.

A technician from Pratts looked at my chimney, and gave me the estimates on two options to fix the problem. Since the job description is very brief in both estimates, I need to ask questions on details of each job items. However, from earlier last week till now, I have called the technician once, and Pratts three times, and I did not get any response.

Description of Work
seal the cracks on chimney top, or replace the top, etc.