Lake County Mechanical

Founded 2004 • With Angi since October 2006

328 North Ave

Antioch, IL 60006

For more than 20 years, Lake County Mechanical has been focused on just one mission: providing customers in Lake and McHenry Counties, Illinois and Southern Wisconsin with the highest quality heating and air conditioning services. As an HVAC company serving both residential and commercial clients, we think of ourselves as dependable rather than fancy; a company that is friendly and hard-working. We value old-fashioned values such as personal integrity and honesty and yet we are up-to-date on the very latest products and services....

01/25/2022

SCOTT C.

It was excellent the gentleman was here diagnose the problem and fix everything that he saw that become a problem. I'm very pleased with the service. Reasonable price

Description of Work
fix furnish in garage

Category furniture repair

[Member Name Removed]- thank you for the positive review, we truly appreciate your business!

11/05/2017

Lee D.

Worked with me om price. Bid and work performed was timely and kept to desired and agreed upon schedule. Experienced and professional contractor and my experience was good overall. Would recommend to anyone for HVAC job (big or small) and I will use them for future work and service.

Description of Work
New Furnace, AC, and Water Heater Installation.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,water heater repair

Thank you for your review [Member Name Removed], we truly appreciate your business!

10/19/2017

Michael W.

I had both Costco and 4 Seasons come out to give me quotes before meeting with Shaun, LCM’S hands-on owner. I was impressed with his straight forward, honest approach, and he gave me a quote under the previous 2. They finished the installation last week, and I’m very pleased with the work, his people and the entire transaction. And I’m glad to have been able to keep it local. I feel like, if I ever need work done on a January night, I can count on these guys.

Description of Work
We had LCM replace our 27 year old furnace and AC with new Lennox equipment.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review Mike! We are so glad we could help you with your HVAC needs, and we truly appreciate your business! Shaun K

08/29/2017

paul S.

................................................................................................

Description of Work
..........................................................................

Category air duct cleaning

We are very sorry you gave us a C on professionalism. Can I ask which service this rating was for so I can discuss this with our tech? Thank you, Shaun K 847-989-4649

08/29/2017

paul S.

................................................................

Description of Work
....................................................................

05/19/2017

Sharon K.

With the service agreement, they give you other perks like 10% parts/labor and preferred scheduling. They also have 24 hours emergency. They are very good. They are very professional and I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They provided an inspection and tune up on our furnace and ac system. We have a 1 year service agreement.

11/14/2016

Carolyn C.

I've been pealing work this out fit for 20 years. I will use them the next 20. All business good attitude. No problems.

Description of Work
Took old heater air conditioner old cable from attic, replaced everything updated circuit breakers, cleaned up, reinsulator. Haul away.

07/17/2016

William P.

Installed A/C on same day that we called after failure of our existing system. Replaced furnace as well a week later. Good prices, professional...highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace A/C and furnace

12/28/2015

deborah O.

Service tech was nice and professional but not knowledgable to troubleshoot and repair this boiler system. I don't think he had tech support from his office so he couldn't diagnose the problem and his only solution was to begin to replace parts, starting at over $300 for one part. My husband replaced this part for $89, and it wasn't the problem. We were told we wouldn't be charged a service call, only 30 minutes. Tech went to his truck and talked with his office (I assume) for about 15-20 minutes and came back in and said he'd have to charge us for 45 minutes, even though 15-20 minutes he was talking to his office. This cost was more than a service call. We've paid a few hundred dollars to this company who couldn't locate the problem. When requested that the person who was very familiar and installed the system get involved, the answer was he wasn't available. We will never use this company again.

Description of Work
Not much. Have hot water boiler system which the merged company, Rick Keuhn installed in 2004. Heat was intermittent and we had to reset the system frequently each day to have heat. Had one service call and tapping pipes, lowering the boiler heat, but never tested any component. Tech thought it may be a calcification build up, but couldn't clean until Spring. He hoped what he did (which was nothing) would correct our lack of heat. Called back, explained that we still had intermittent heat. Same tech returned, confused as to cause, read manual but said it was too late to call tech support at manufacturer. No solution, suggested he start replacing parts until we found the problem, which I felt was pretty unacceptable.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] we wanted to come back to follow up the next day, but you had a doctors appointment, and we haven't heard back from you. Unfortunately tech support was not available as this was an after hours call. We would like to get your issue resolved. I can have someone call you if you would like. Thank you, Shaun

10/09/2015

Susan F.

Room addition had very old electric baseboard heating plus a window unit air conditioner. The Mitsubishi system seemed an energy efficient way to consolidate heating and cooling.They had to run a 220 power line before installing the wall unit which added to the cost. They vacuumed up all the dust and debris and explained both the interior and exterior units. All the workers were very nice and spent time showing me how to make different adjustments to control the heat.

Description of Work
Installed Mitsubishi ductless heating-cooling system .

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and your time to review us. Shaun K

09/24/2015

Brenda S.

Smoothly

Description of Work
Installed new Lennox AC and Furnace

09/13/2015

Carole D.

Wonderful. Blower and/or part on furnace went out. Gave us estimate of fixing or replacing. We opted to replace old furnace. They installed the next day.

Description of Work
Replaced furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [removed member name]- thank you for the kind words, we truly appreciate your business. Shaun K

02/17/2015

Mike J.

Lake County Mechanical was great!!! Shaun answered my email request for a quote immediately. We spoke on the phone and set up an appointment to get a whole house humidifier installed. The process went exactly as planned and was very quick. From start to finish the install took an hour and 10 minutes. The technician was very professional and very knowledgeable. The air quality in my home has noticeably improved as a result of this humidifier and I am happy with my decision to hire L.C.M. Thanks guys!

Description of Work
Installed an Aprilaire 600M in my home.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

[Members Name] - thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your business!

01/29/2015

Kristina S.

They were very good. They did a superb job. They did a nice clean job. There were a few things they forgot to patch up. I called them right away and they were out here immediately fixing it. It was very good work. Their prices are great. He seemed like a down to earth person. He wasn't trying to pull something out of me.

Description of Work
They put a heat pump in.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

[member name removed]- thank you for the review, we really appreciate it.

01/18/2015

Mike S.

Shaun the owner and his helper did a great job on cleaning the vents. They were professional and spent 2 1/2 hrs on the job. They did not track in any snow or ice into the house and explained everything they were doing. They were a little late but they called and advised us way before hand and as it was a no heat emergency at another home we did not mind. And they let us know exactly when they would arrive. I would use them for this service and more.

Description of Work
Cleaned air ducts and return ducts.

Thank you [member name removed], we appreciate the review. Shaun Kelly

06/18/2014

Scott J.

It was amazing what they did. They went to the top and cleaned all the vent covers. They were very good. They were careful with the new installed heat furnace. They made sure everything was cleaned well. Their price was reasonable.

Description of Work
They did our vent cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

[Member Name]- thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business! Shaun Kelly

05/03/2014

John C.

Shaun and team did the original install in 2012 and I've had them back for seasonal cleanings as well. Great value and the work was done professionally, explaining everything along the way. We had a high efficiency Trane heater along with matching Trane A/C installed to replace our 20+ year old unit. Shaun helped me choose the right unit and not overbuy capacity, which is a common problem with some HVAC contractors. We did run into a few issue with our house along the way and Shaun and team were quick to accommodate and explain our options for additional return capacity. I also asked them to help with improving a couple vents in our basement and they happily accommodated. They even came back to install a wireless thermostat I had ordered separately after the initial install. All in all, I would definitely use them again and highly recommend LCM to family, friends, and neighbors.

Description of Work
New trane furnace, air cleaner, humidifier, A/C plus duct cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning,dryer vent cleaning

Thank you for the positive response on Angie's List, we really appreciate it.

04/13/2014

Maggie C.

I contacted Lake County Mechanical after hearing about the ComEd and Nicor Home Efficiency Program. I had them come out for a quote and eventually went with them. They communicated very well throughout the whole process and the installation was fairly painless. All the workers were courteous and friendly and cleaned up after they were finished. In addition, they fixed some of the duct work around the furnace and made sure everything was running smoothly. I would not hesitate to contact these guys again in the future.

Description of Work
Lake County Mechanical installed a new furnace and air conditioner, along with a humidifier.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive review on Angie's List, we really appreciate it.

03/17/2014

Rob R.

It was a positive experience. They were quick and dependable when they did the work.

Description of Work
I used Lake County Mechanical for installing a furnace. They come and inspect it every year.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your positive review on Angie's List, we really appreciate you business!

01/07/2014

Peggy S.

The gentleman was very courteous, HONEST and very helpful in explaining in detail what was needed to get things up and running correctly. I will definitely refer Lake County Mechanical to friends. He did an excellent job which is very rare nowadays!!! Thank you Angie's List.

Description of Work
First he pulled out the filter which could be causing the heating problem cause it was dirty. He suggested to purchase about six of them and to replace them very month which I normally due but as of course with holidays and it completely slipped my mind. I use the pleated filters versus the cheaper brands but I did ask him what the difference between the two were which he explained to me. He then brought me over to the other side of the furnace and explained about the flap within the furnace that needed to click 3 times and it wasn't (which he stated it may be due to the dirty filter & it turned out it was). I also had water on the floor due to the built in humidifier and he said he'd take a look at it. When he opened it, oh my lord, was it dirty. He is going to return tomorrow to replace the furnace filter along with humidifier filter.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the positive response on Angie's List! We appreciate your business. Shaun Kelly

01/04/2014

Richard B.

Afer being away from home for several days. we found the home was at 46 degrees even tho the thermostat was set to 71. The repairman was out within the hour and found the problem with the ignitor within a half hour. Unfortunately the universal ignitor he had on his truck did not work because my furnace is a Lennox. He also cleaned my furnace burners for better performance. He contacted his supplier who sold the last two Lennox ignitor's yesterday. The part was backordered and repairman was here by 10 AM this morning with the exact part. I had a functioning furnace within 15 minutes. To keep us warm overnight, he manually lit the furnace which stayed on all night. He went out of his way to get the problem resolved ASAP.

Description of Work
Diagnosed furnace problem quickly, cleaned the furnace burners, and replaced ignitor quickly.

08/23/2013

Scott J.

The initial price that they quoted was what they stuck to, so they didn't try to have any hidden fees or inflated charge afterwards. They were very neat and tidy. They let us go ahead and see the results and what they were able to filter out. They were very polite, courteous, and timely.

Description of Work
I have used Lake County Mechanical for furnace duct cleaning.

Category air duct cleaning

hello Thank you for your positive response on Angie list we appropriate your business Thanks Shaun

09/05/2012

Keith H.

The owner and principle HVAC Tech. was really great. It's nice to deal with a guy who owns his own company and is the installer not just a salesman. There were a couple issues but so far he has satisified them.

Description of Work
High efficiency AC/Heating system including air filter system and humidifier.

05/01/2012

Richard B.

The experience went pretty well, the only thing was that the panel on my furnace was installed incorrectly so it rattles a bit, but I didn’t bother calling them back. I was able to fix that myself.

Description of Work
The furnace wasn’t working properly; it wasn’t reaching the temperature on the thermostat, and they fixed that issue.

09/29/2011

JACQUELINE T.

He is very reasonable and very honest. He doesn't try to pull anything with you but tells thing how they are. He's very efficient and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
He maintains my air conditioner and furnace on a regular basis. He's also fixed problems that others have missed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Member, we appreciate your business and your kind words. Shaun Kelly, Lake County Mechanical

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc.

A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. is a family owned and operated company that has been in business since 1989. We pride our selves on great service at a fair price. At A-1 all of our technicians are certified with the Chimney Safety Institute of America, and we are fully bonded and insured. We are accredited members of the Better Business Bureau, members of the National Chimney Sweep Guild, we hold the best of Lombard award for 2012, 2013&2014 and the best of Glen Ellyn award for 2012 .

Offers by A-1 Safety Chimney Service, Inc. on Angi
    Mr Duct Chicagoland

Mr. Duct is a professional heating & cooling and air duct cleaning service provider specializing in both Commercial & Residential. We are Chicagoland's air quality cleaner choice, specializing in residential, commercial, and industrial ventilation cleanings and furnace & air conditioner cleaning, repair, and installations. We provide NADCA-certified air duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning services, also making us Illinois' premier choice for total ventilation care. We even offer expert furnace & air conditioner maintenance checks as well as expert HVAC repair service, so you can count on us for your heating and cooling needs.

Offers by Mr Duct Chicagoland on Angi
    Air Flows Chicago

We are a dynamic group of professionals that has been serving the community for many years. Our technicians follow NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaning Association) standards and give the same expert attention to each project regardless of the size and cost. - Complete whole-house Air Duct Cleaning - Preformed by certified & trained duct cleaning specialist - We follow NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) standards and guidelines - We use the highest quality equipment & tools - Improves indoor air quality - Can save you money on energy bills - No mess! We safeguard & protect all areas so your home is as clean as when we started.

Offers by Air Flows Chicago on Angi

on new replacement equipment

Residential and commercial duct cleaning, water heaters, air cleaners & humidifiers, boilers & furnaces, central air conditioners.

Ask for Details.