UHLMANN HOME IMPROVEMENTS INC

Founded 1945 • With Angi since March 2007

3.9

11636 South Pulaski

Alsip, IL 60803

ALSO DOING BUSINESS AS UHLMANN INC. Installed new French entry doors by Home Guard In a red color...

10/05/2021

Michael C.

Work was not completed. One downspout was replaced. No other work was performed. I paid in full for all the work. Uhlmann claims the window work can not be done as quoted. An additional $8,000 would be required to do the work they first got paid to do. I asked for a full refund of the money I paid. Then I would pay for the one downspout. George Uhlmann has been avoiding my phone calls and does not return any phone calls. Uhlmann did mail a check for less than half the amount I paid. This is unacceptable. I want a FULL refund. Then an invoice for one downspout. Which I will then pay. I contacted the Better Business Bureau with the details. Plus what would resolve this matter. So far no help. I feel the public should know that Uhlmann Home Improvement is a business to avoid at all costs. They take your money and run. Overall rating is ZERO. NO stars

Description of Work
Bay Window Realignment. Window New Vinyl Covering Replacement One downspout replacement

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

Mr [Member Name Removed] call me for a window repair and I noticed his front gutter was leaking so we repaired the front gutter and added a new downspout extension I sent my repair man to look at the window there’s a service charge he charges me to go oook at the window or Windows he did repair one of the casement Windows so it would close and open a lot easier that was another additional charge we couldn’t dip any more because the first contractor that installed the window did a really bad job so I returned ta portion of the funds to Mr. [Member Name Removed] that was due to him He did call me I return the call 3 times on this Monday and the calls went to voice mail thank you George uhlmann

04/07/2017

Elizabeth C.

The door has continued to rot and I am now having to replace it. This door should have lasted 20 years as I was told. I will provide pictures if needed. I would never recommend this company to anyone!!! Not ever !!!

Description of Work
Purchased a custom storm door in December, 2009 with install for march. Paid $1800. By June door was still not in, claimed the company they used went out of business. By July the door was installed. It would not close properly. Told George uhlman, he came out, said installation was incorrect. Said he would have someone come out to correct the problem. Never saw him again. Door began to rot and leak within 1 year. I called several times, he did not take my calls.

Category replacement windows, doors

03/27/2017

Paula S.

All work was completed in one day. Areas where work was done was left clean.

Description of Work
Basement glass block windows (3) replaced.

08/01/2016

Susan Z.

Larry & Kevin were supersonic! From start to finish all work was done w/great ability & care.

Description of Work
Gutters, fascia, soffits, door work.

Category gutter repair, siding, doors

07/18/2016

Donna U.

It was an excellent experience. The installers were punctual, friendly and highly skilled. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Installed a beautiful black storm door with extra security features.

Category awnings, doors

06/30/2016

Donna U.

The installation was excellent. The door quality is superb and has security features unlike any door I have ever purchased. I would highly recommend Uhlmann Home Improvement. I have used them for my awnings 25 yrs ago and the awnings are still nice looking. George gives expert advice and truly goes above and beyond. His punctuality and knowledge are commendable.

Description of Work
Installed a new storm door

Category awnings, doors

06/27/2016

Michael P.

No problems.

Description of Work
Replaced my gutters and awning

Category awnings, gutter repair

04/04/2016

Sylvia H.

Description of Work
Had several handyman repairs done, i.e. glass block, storm doors, re-pitch gutters. As the contractors came out for their work many of them were done quickly and did the required work however the general contractor (Uhlmann) led me to believe the work was far more detailed, i.e have to re-hang a door, replace window cranks, when all that was needed was shimming or track cleaning. I was never given an itemized bill, a lump sum; which in my opinion was overpriced for the work done.

01/12/2015

Edward H.

Installers installed front entry door & storm door, on time, completed in one day. Did a good job. Only issue was a little space between tile and threshold but I let George know and they're getting that covered with an oak lid to match door.

Description of Work
New front entry door & storm door installed.

Category doors

08/28/2014

Eileen K.

George is very professional and knowledgeable. The installer did a great job and left the area very clean

Description of Work
New front screen door installed sue to previous damage, new jam had to be installed

Category doors

08/31/2007

Bernard B.

The owner came to the house and quoted an estimate. The estimate was much less than another company that insisted I would need to completely gut the bay window and replace the frame as well as the new windows. The installer was very efficient and patiently answered all my questions. The only negative was the fact that owner did not tell me that the estimate did not include the price of the permit.

Description of Work
Eight windows replaced including five bay windows.

04/23/2007

RICH W.

The owner, George Uhlmann was very helpful and made multiple trips to my house to go over the work to be done and to choose colors. His crew was excellent. They did a great job and left the job site spotless when they left.

Description of Work
Uhlmann's crew installed new vinyl and aluminum siding on my house, as well as new gutters and soffit fascia.

Category gutter repair, siding

03/26/2007

ELLEN W.

Due to a disagreement with this service provider, I have removed my previous comments. I would, however, not recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Replacement windows

Category replacement windows

THE SCREENS WOULD BE A MANUFACTURE DEFECT AND THE MANUFACTURER IS WHO THE CUSTOMER IS TO CONTACT. THE CUSTOMER RECEIVED A LOWER PRICE THAN EVERYONE ELSE FOR REFERRING THE REST OF THE BUILDING HER PRICE WAS SPECIAL THAT IS WHY IT WAS LOWER. AS TO THE MEASUREMENT CONFIRMATION THAT IS STANDARD TIME LIMIT AND BLACK CUSTOM WINDOWS TAKE THE LONGEST. IN CLOSING CUSTOMER HAS NOT CALLED OFFICE WITH ANY OF THESE ISSUES.

Next Door & Window

Here at Next Door and Window, we a ready to bring you the best options for your new window and home door project. Next Door and Window has the best windows by Marvin, Integrity, Marvin Infinity and Sunrise. Wood Clad, Vinyl and Fiberglass Windows and Entry and Patio Doors by Albany and Provia. Next Door and Window will have one of their highly trained professionals meet with you and discuss all the possible options for your window and door project, they will then provide you with a FREE NO OBLIGATION quote for your project. Best of all, Next Door and Window will paint or stain your window and trim to match any color you need with our paint match program. Most others leave the project for you to finish with paint or stain, but, at Next Door and Window we do that for you! Next Door and Window also provides the best installation procedures and materials to make certain your project is done right and we back it with the industries best warranties. We have a full team of installation and service professionals to answer your questions…fast! If a visit is necessary to your home we will work around your schedule within a half-hour window of time to handle your issue quickly, often within 24 hours. We have over 25 trucks in the field to serve you fast. We are there when you need us. Additional DBA - Wolt Window & Door. Additional showroom addresses: 815 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville, IL 60563, & 718 E Rand Rd Arlington Heights, IL 60004.

Offers by Next Door & Window on Angi
    American Window And Siding Inc

We are a small family owned and operated company, we offer free in home estimates, we are not a high pressure company. We do offer a 10% discount for Angies list members. We believe that 90 % of this bussiness is a quality installation, and a great appreciation for our coustomers.

Door Consultants Inc

This is a service co. that does all of the work at our customer’s location. The office location is the loop so we can be almost any place in the city with in an hour when needed. I respond to emergency calls at any time, day or night and weekends. I have been doing this kind of work for 30 years, and have invented several security devices for residential doors and frames. Jobs done for insurance claims are done complete, that is including all repair or installation work and painting or varnishing of new material. All doors and frames are always architectural grade! Including locks and hinges! This includes the wood doors that are custom fit to each existing doorframe. All of the work is done by myself and a helper and we do not use any subcontractors except for an occasional painter. Email Address: doorguy6@aol.com

Check, Visa, MasterCard
    ASK FOR DETAILS

NEW VINYL & WOOD REPLACEMENT WINDOWS, STORM WINDOWS, NEW STEEL & FIBERGLASS ENTRY DOORS, STORM DOORS, ALUMINUM AWNINGS, PATIO DOORS & PATIO COVERS, SIDING, SOFFIT, FASCIA, GUTTERS & LEAF GUARDS, SECURITY STORM DOORS & JALOUSIE STORM DOORS, BOWS, BAYS, GARDEN WINDOWS & GLASS BLOCK WINDOWS.

ROOFING AND GLASS REPLACEMENT.