Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2011

welcome to Selvin’sLandscape- Brick Paving & stamp concrete Inc. Professional Unilock Authorized Contractor Selvin's Landscaping-Brick Paving & stamp concrete Inc. Professional Unilock Authorized Contractor Inc. was founded with one goal in mind - to provide a full range of superior Landscape &

Black Owned & OperatedBlack Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A complete outdoor kitchen patio/Fireplace

outdoor kitchens

201960126
A complete patio outdoor kitchen Fireplace LED lighting
View project

lawn & landscaping (95)snow removal (65)lawn care (62)hardscaping (46)concrete repair (31)mulch delivering (27)Patios (23)tree service (15)stone & gravel (14)leaf removal (13)excavating (13)lawn treatment (11)

11/29/2022

Pat V.

I have used Selvin last winter their salting service and just renewed again. They were prompt, respectful of property and a pleasure to work with. I know I can trust them to be sure my area is free of ice.

Description of Work
Icing as needed

09/28/2022

Matt M.

We engaged Selvin to install a concrete walkway and patio. Each representative we spoke to was professional, friendly, knowledgable and responsive. They began our project on-time, worked efficiently and effectively, and completed our project on-time. We are completely satisfied (and excited) with our new walkway and patio, and will consider Selvin for potential landscape projects in the future.

Description of Work
Concrete walkway and patio

Category concrete repair, patios

Work Completed On 09/19/2022

Review for Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc - 991 W Lake St, Addison, IL - 39889186

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our company. Our team is so excited to hear good feedback!! Thanks!!

04/26/2022

Gary O.

It went very well. I have used Selvin's services for my landscaping for a few years now. I have always been pleased with the professional work his crews have done for me. This is no exception. My wife and I are very pleased with how things turned out.

Description of Work
removing old landscaping timbers around my backyard sidewalk and replacing with stone bricks.

Category concrete repair, hardscaping

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

03/15/2022

Larry P.

Selvin and team did a great job with our project from design to completion. They were timely, professional and competitive in pricing. Excellent outcome and money we’ll spent!

Description of Work
Landscaping Project

Category landscaping, mulch, outdoor lighting

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

01/31/2022

Randy M.

Excellent experience. We needed some major yard drainage and grading work needed. They were very knowledgeable, thorough, personable, and reasonable. Where it made sense Selvin made recommendations but was never pushy. I fell very optimistic that are problem will be resolved. A+

Description of Work
Major yard drainage and grading work needed

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, lakefront landscaping

Work Completed On 12/01/2021

04/07/2021

jim E.

The whole experience was very easy and Selvin and his crew couldn't have been more professional. They left my yard looking the same as they found it but with a beautiful new wall. I definitely will use th again.

Description of Work
Block retaining walls

Category hardscaping

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

Review for Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc - 991 W Lake St, Addison, IL - 39283878

04/06/2021

EDWARD J.

I've known Selvin for atleast 5 years. He and his crew have done an excellent job with snow removal, lawn mowing and yard work and some outdoor cement work. Selvin is quite busy, but will make the time to come home and talk to you personally before providing a quote for requested services. I've found his prices to be reasonable.

Description of Work
Lawn mowing and maintenance, leaf removal, snow removal, concrete fillings.

Category lawn service, leaf removal, snow removal

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

02/27/2021

Susan L.

Selvin’s team is great. They took care of everything! I’ve been a customer for ten years. They do my snow removal too.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn service and new plants

Category landscaping, lawn service, snow removal

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

02/26/2021

Charlotte C.

It went very well. Selvin and his crew removed massive amounts of snow from our roof and cleared snow from our gutter's downspouts. They did their best to move the removed snow that was on the ground away from the house. I am pretty fussy and supervised much of the work, and he was very responsive, polite and cooperative. He and his crew worked very hard and were very respectful. We recommend them.

Description of Work
Remove snow from our roof

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/25/2021

Vanessa S.

We have used Selvin's for a few years now for all of our landscaping needs and they do fantastic work. They pay attention to detail and listen to any concerns or questions. Great company to use.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn treatment, mulch

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

Karen B.

Great. They are at my house shortly after snowfall stops. I didn’t even think we had 2 inches of snowfall during the last storm. But they had drive cleared before I even woke up. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Seasonal snow removal

Category concrete repair, snow removal

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

Carrie K.

We have used Selvin’s Landscaping and Hardscaping and for our hardscaping needs. They created a gorgeous patio, walkway, and steps to our house in our backyard (brick, pavers, and bluestone). They have also rebuilt our front steps to our house and we get compliments all the time from the passers-by. They were always on time, thorough, detailed, and also nice! They really take pride in their high-quality work. And they stand behind their work, too. Always attentive if anything needs follow-up!

Description of Work
Patio, Walkway, Steps

Category concrete repair, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Lisa J.

Selvin and his crew did a lot of work in our yard. They completed a beautiful paver patio, seat wall, lighting, landscaping and more. Excellent job. We are very happy with the finished product. Would highly recommend

Description of Work
Paver patio

Category concrete repair, landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/01/2019

02/05/2021

Chris Z.

I arrived back from Florida and found 10 inches of snow on my driveway. I could not access the driveway. I called Selvins and my drive and walkway were cleared within 2 hours. Great service + great price + great work = Excellent Contractor.

Description of Work
Snow removal from residential driveway

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 02/05/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed] We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience working with Selvin Landscaping and Snow removal Team. We take pride in providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and we are glad to hear that we met your expectations. We appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to continuing serving you in the future when you need our service. Once again we appreciate Your business Selvin Landscaping and Snow removal

01/16/2021

Chris J.

We were referred to Selvin by a former client, who lauded his professional communication, commitment to quality and the talent of his team. Selvin was not the least expensive option we considered, but he charges a fair price and honors his word. Most importantly, he and his team did an exceptional job with our project. They delivered high-quality craftsmanship on every facet of the engagement. Selvin's landscape designer, Alann, was a joy to work with and listened intently to our vision for our new back yard. Watching his design come to life has been breathtaking. Selvin's foreman, Mauricio, consulted us on major decisions, communicated effectively and was courteous and friendly, as was the rest of his team. Rarely did a day of construction complete without a visit from Selvin himself (which is impressive given that our large project took multiple weeks to complete). We've hired several contractors since purchasing our home in Elmhurst, and our experience with Selvin and his team tops the list. I highly recommend him for landscaping and hardscaping. It's clear that he takes great pride in delivering quality outdoor work. I will update my review with photos of the front yard and porch in spring.

Description of Work
We hired Selvin's Landscaping in 2020 to build a new paver patio, outdoor kitchen and paver front porch; they also re-landscaped our entire yard, front and back, including planting, new sod, lighting and drainage.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, tree service, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios, outdoor kitchens

Work Completed On 01/16/2021

Review for Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc - 991 W Lake St, Addison, IL - 39138795

Hello [Member Name Removed] We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience working with Selvin’[Member Information Removed] Landscaping Team. We take pride in providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction, and we are glad to hear that we met your expectations. We enjoyed working on your project and we very much appreciate your positive feedback and we look forward to continuing serving you in the future when you need our service. Once again we appreciate Your business Selvin’[Member Information Removed] Landscaping.

01/07/2021

Jay C.

Plowed drive and salted Job well done

Description of Work
Remove ice and snow from drive

Work Completed On 01/07/2021

was pleasure working with you. Look forward in working with you in any other work you may need in the future thank you! Selvin

12/05/2020

Allen Y.

Selvin and his crew did an excellent job from the initial estimate to the completion of the retaining wall, patio and driveway. Selvin was very knowledgeable, patient, gave good suggestions and provided competitive prices. Selvin's Landscaping, an outstanding company that I highly recommend to everyone!!

Description of Work
Retaining wall, Patio and Concrete Driveway

Category concrete driveways, architect, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/03/2018

08/18/2020

Brenda L.

overall it was a good experience. We hit a few bumps along the way with communication but the overall results exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Patio removed and expanded. Front of home relandscaped.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 08/18/2020

Review for Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc - 991 W Lake St, Addison, IL - 38808539

Thank you so much for the review we really appreciated!!

11/27/2019

Gosia F.

Selvin’s Landscaping provided us with an exceptional service experience and delivered a masterpiece of an outdoor living area. Our project involved a complete redesign and build of landscaping and hardscape construction in our front and back yard: driveway, sidewalk, walkway, stairs, patio, outdoor kitchen and fireplace, retaining walls, pergolas, lighting, fence, plants and sod, as well as other seemingly unrelated tasks such as major tuckpointing of existing masonry, for example. Our project started with a very thorough consultation and a detailed budget. This was a refreshing change from our "consultations" with other well-known firms. Selvin addressed all questions and concerns in a promptly and friendly manner. He went through the entire permitting process with the City of Elmhurst (which is very rigorous), and all inspections passed without issues. The inspectors commented on the high quality of workmanship to us on more than one occasion. Selvin and Roger came up with amazing suggestions and solutions to make our project an absolute success. Selvin’s team uncovered some issues caused by our homebuilder (water drainage from downspouts for example). Selvin brought them to our attention and promptly addressed. Selvin’s team was professional, flexible and attentive to detail. They were very respectful, trustworthy and easy to work with. Selvin and his team made sure to provide us with an excellent customer experience and a beautiful, high-quality final product. They truly cared about us as their customers and made sure that we were completely satisfied. I could come up with numerous examples of Selvin’s above and beyond customer service but one that stuck in my mind was when he stained about 10 samples of cedar wood in different shades of brown to make sure my vision for the fence and pergola became reality. We could not be happier with the finished product. We wholeheartedly recommend Selvin’s Landscaping for their amazing, honest work and value. They built our dream outdoor living space and we will forever be grateful for all their work. We are Selvin’s customers for life!

Description of Work
Complete redesign and build of landscaping and hardscape construction in our front and back yard: driveway, sidewalk, walkway, stairs, patio, outdoor kitchen and fireplace, retaining walls, pergolas, lighting, fence, plants and sod, as well as other seemingly unrelated tasks such as major tuckpointing of existing masonry, for example

Category concrete repair, excavators, landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, pressure washing, architect, hardscaping, outdoor lighting, patios

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

Review for Selvin's Landscaping & Hardscape Services Inc - 991 W Lake St, Addison, IL - 38258760

was pleasure working with you. Look forward in working with you in any other project you may need in the future thank you! Selvin

06/20/2019

kathy H.

They text back right away to report they are booked for season and would love our business in the future.

Description of Work
grass cut and weed removal

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/01/2019

Thank you so much for the review we appreciate your time, hope to serve you in the future!

05/20/2019

Christine S.

The whole project went very well. It was done in increments and I was kept in apprised the whole time. The work was done very well and I was very pleased by the work.

Description of Work
I was putting up a new fence and I needed bushes removed. However the bushes were surrounded by concrete. All of the bushes and concrete had to be removed. There were also many tree stumps around the fence that needed removing.

Category excavators, landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 10/26/2018

Thank you so much for the positive review. We appreciate your time, look forward to serving on the next project!!

05/10/2019

Tom M.

It went very well. Good quality work. Will see how the grass comes in but the seeding job looks thorough. Mulching work was quality and the stacking of the blocks was fixed and done well.

Description of Work
Spring Cleanup, Restacking of landscape blocks, mulching, aerating and seeding

Category landscaping