J&S Tree Service Inc

Founded 2012 • With Angi since September 2014

430 E Fay Ave.

Addison, IL 60101

J & S Tree Service Inc. is bonded, licensed, and fully insured so you can feel confident when choosing us for all your tree needs! We offer a full range of commercial and residential tree services in the Chicagoland area including tree removal, tree trimming, storm clean up, and stump removal....

tree service (94)gutter cleaning (3)pool cleaning (1)lawn & landscaping (1)

04/04/2022

Kathleen H.

They did a great job. I was concerned because they had to put the huge, heavy equipment on my neighbor's driveway as well as on my lawn; but I relaxed when I saw how careful they were being. There was absolutely no damage. The job took about nine hours and it was amazing to watch; they obviously knew exactly what they were doing. Afterward, they did a great job of cleaning up. I would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
They removed a very old, very big sugar maple, and ground the stump.

Work Completed On 03/28/2022

06/04/2021

Eric J.

The guys showed up five minutes before their scheduled arrival and completed the job in 30 minutes. They cleaned up nicely before leaving. I would recommend using J&S Tree Service they were awesome.

Description of Work
Tree and Brush Removal

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

10/13/2020

Diane L.

They came out in a timely manner and did an excellent job at removing a dead tree, as well as several weed trees.

Description of Work
I needed to have a tree removed.

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

07/10/2020

Sherry K.

Work s was done quickly and well. Crew cleaned up the area too. Reasonable price.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

12/04/2019

Ihab R.

Awesome! They cleared over 100 trees from my land, were quick to respond with a quote and the arrived on time every day. Fast and very reasonable for the amount of equipment and staff that showed up to take our tree down. Everyone was friendly, professional and easy to work with. We will recommend them to anyone and would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 12/03/2019

11/24/2019

Michael R.

Awesome! They were quick to respond with a quote and the arrived right on time to remove the tree. Very reasonable fee for the amount of equipment and staff that showed up to take our tree down. Everyone was friendly, professional and easy to work with. They answered all our questions and gave us suggestions on what kind of tree we should plant in our yard. We will recommend them to anyone and would hire them again.

Description of Work
We had to have a tree removed from our backyard

Work Completed On 11/21/2019

10/18/2019

Vicki D.

Excellent work! We had a large Norway Maple removed and the team was excellent. They are experts for sure. They removed the tree which was located close to the house and along the walkway, perfectly! So impressed with the professionalism, the expertise in execution and the friendly approach. They also trimmed a large Honey Locus tree. Again, excellent work including clean up. Am happy we selected them for this big job. Price was reasonable and fair (close to other quotes) and we feel like they went above and beyond to ensure things went well. Would recommend J&S.

Description of Work
large maple tree removed & large honey locus trimmed

Work Completed On 10/01/2019

08/31/2019

John R.

Everything went well, there were a few hickup on getting the truck in but they worked it out. The tree had Dutch Elm and had to come down, Never a good day when you have to cut down a 100-year-old Elm tree but they did a great job, replaced the fence and did a great job cleaning up.

Description of Work
Remove Elm Tree

Work Completed On 08/30/2019

07/23/2019

Michael B.

We discussed whether to trim or remove one of the trees. My wife wanted to trim and see if we could save the tree. When I called with our decision (3 separate calls), none of the calls were ever returned. We will contact someone else on your list and try again.

Description of Work
trim 2 trees

Work Completed On 06/25/2019

05/16/2019

CAROL L.

We got a call letting us know they were on the way, and they showed up 10 minutes later. We reviewed the work to be done, and as they began the removal of the front shrubs, we were able to supervise the trimming of the large trees in back as they worked. They were friendly, competent, and were able to work around some obstacles to the shrub root removal. The work was done quickly, and they cleaned up afterward really well, even blowing stuff off the street. We will use them again. Great job.

Description of Work
Two large blue spruce trees needed trimming, and we had some very large shrubs removed from the front of the house.

Work Completed On 05/14/2019

02/07/2019

Sue C.

Loved working with J&S Tree Service. My trees look great (two trimmed) and though I was sad that one had to be taken down, I feel I got good advice from George who did the estimate. George also spent some time after the work to talk with me about care of my trees. The work was done after several winter storms, and there seemed to be a delay in returning my phone calls, but I will attribute this to the weather because everything else from the first response to my request for an estimate to the finished product was professional and on time.

Description of Work
Tree trimming and removal

Work Completed On 02/06/2019

01/17/2019

Sheila T.

The work was suburb ! I obtained 8 quotes and J&S was the lowest by 1300.00!!!!! I had a very mature deceased American Elm tree that was taller than my two story home that had lost a huge limb in the first snow storm of the year. They came out and provided a quote the same day I called. Stephanie was the most gracious and understanding to my needs. Once scheduled, the full crew and equipment arrived timely and did a tremendous job. They removed all debris - wood, etc. I would highly recommend them - still in shock over price differences among the companies for same service. VERY PROFESSIONAL and EXCELLENT WORK.

Description of Work
Removed a very tall and large deceased Elm tree

Work Completed On 12/04/2018

Review for J&S Tree Service Inc - 430 E Fay Ave., Addison, IL - 37662965

01/09/2019

Kristin H.

I couldn't be happier with my experience. I received a response to my quote request within an hour, and someone came out to our house to see what needed to be done, and provide a quote the same day. Service was performed today - they arrived earlier than expected, performed the work safely and efficiently, and even took the time to smile and wave at my 2 year old, who had the show of a lifetime this morning. :) The work site was left so clean that my mailman walked up and asked what looked different - I told him, and he couldn't believe there had been a tree removed just hours before. I appreciate their kindness and professionalism. Would recommend to anyone, and would hire again - thank you!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 01/09/2019

11/16/2018

Timothy H.

J&S Tree Services were extremely professional and did an excellent job of removing the tree and grinding down the stump. I was also very impressed by the cleanup job. Overall, we were very satisfied and would highly recommend their services to others.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Stump Grinding

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

08/13/2018

Marcia K.

Perfection! The crew worked well together and the tree was safely and neatly removed in several large pieces. The stump was ground up and the yard is level. Bushes were artistically trimmed. The crew was pleasant, polite, and professional, and welcomed my directives and inquiries. All debris was cleaned up and removed. I have used this tree service previously as well. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Removal of a large dead oak tree in my front yard; trimming bushes around the perimeter of my house.

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

06/20/2018

Graciela M.

It went great! He responded to our phone calls in a timely fashion, which to me is VERY important. He immediately came out to look at the job. Gave the quote, and scheduled the project for the next day! He showed up as promised, did the job and cleaned up. It was wonderful. I would highly recommend this Company. to anyone.

Description of Work
Removal of tree

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

05/30/2018

Chang H.

Showed on time and performed the work fast. Cleaned up the area after work was done. Very pleased with workmanship.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

05/09/2018

Kathleen I.

They did great, came out the next afternoon and had all the work done in a couple of hours along with a great job if cleaning up.

Description of Work
I had a giant evergreen tree I wanted down in my back yard along with the stump being removed. I also wanted the roots taken out from a previous tree I had taken out.

Work Completed On 04/24/2018

12/26/2017

Brian M.

Tenants were satisfied with the job

Description of Work
Prune trees and shrubs

Work Completed On 12/26/2017

12/03/2017

Tom M.

The trimming was done well and the tree removal - done while I was out of town - seemed to go well. It was a giant tree and other than a few light bulbs that were broken when they disconnected my patio lights and wood dust all over my backyard, they did a nice job. I would hire them again for future tree maintenance work. The cost I put is for both the trimming and tree removal.

Description of Work
They trimmed some trees in my yard and in trimming a large one, noticed a stress fracture that could be potentially dangerous. They eventually ended up removing that tree. Stephanie was always friendly and prompt in returning emails and calls.

Work Completed On 11/30/2017

Review for J&S Tree Service Inc - 430 E Fay Ave., Addison, IL - 36634786

11/29/2017

Dave H.

J & S did an excellent job removing the tree and as much of the stump as possible with no damage to the wires.

Description of Work
A volunteer mulberry tree had grown up around a chain-link fence, and next to a utility pole, encompassing the utility lines (including the power line).

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

11/14/2017

Glenn B.

The entire experience was excellent. The response time was excellent. The quote was extremely competitive and fair. The crew was professional, efficient, and courteous. The work was perfect! My yard was cleaner than before the work began.

Description of Work
tree removal and subsequent stump removal

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

10/30/2017

Marcia K.

All trees and bushes were professional trimmed and shaped. Debris and clippings were cleared away, and the overall process was extremely neat. The workers were prompt, hard-working, and polite, and with appropriate equipment. I am once again extremely pleased with their work, and recommend this company for bush and tree trimming, as well as large limb and tree removal, which the performed last year.

Description of Work
The job involved cutting and trimming numerous trees and bushes around the perimeter of my home. This is the second time I have used this company.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017