Do Right Painting

Founded 1992 • With Angi since November 2010

5285 west buckskin road

Pocatello, ID 83201

45 years of experience. Free estimates; does own work; dedicated to one job at a time from start to finish; always available for questions or advice; works one area at a time to keep your project organized and clean; your schedule takes priority; pet friendly! Glad to assist in color matching or

06/30/2017

Dave W.

Insurer didn't pay. Couldn't use service

Description of Work
Painting entire interior of large home

04/28/2017

Marcos L.

Mike answered our call quickly and delivered on what he promised. There was no cutting corners and job was completed on schedule. He spent time to make sure what we needed and exceeded our expectations. Mike was so professional and perfectionist that we called him again for a touch up after some extra work in the house damaged a wall. Once again he did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Interior painting of house and garage

01/24/2017

Jill Y.

It was an excellent experience all the way around. Came out on a super snowy day and worked efficiently until the job was done, no breaks.

Description of Work
Interior touch up paint.

07/17/2016

For the first job, painting the upstairs, we discovered mid-job that wallpaper wasn't in just one room -- it was in three! It had merely been painted over. Amazingly, Mike didn't charge any more even though it took several days of effort to completely get rid of the wallpaper. We asked for matte white on the crown molding, but he suggested high gloss white. He's the professional so we decided to give his suggestion a try and we love it! I was worried that high gloss would look showy, but instead it looks subtle and classy. Good call. Somehow, not a speck of paint got on the floor or hand railing. Do Right uses plastic sheeting everywhere of course, but I have used it too and still got at least a little paint in undesired locations. For job #2, everything went smoothly. We had the home theater room painted in a very light grey at the request of my wife. I thought it would look boring but it turned out great. For job #3. This job turned out to be much more complicated than we thought because the plumbing was not lined up for drywall, so Do Right Painting had to custom cut complex shapes into several pieces of drywall and connect them together through the piping. Additionally, the pressure regulator stuck out farther than the drywall so they had to figure out how to curve drywall. Not sure how he did that but it worked great, and they again didn't charge extra. For job #4: We have some nice wood trim around stained glass surrounding the front door. The weather started to severely crack the wood so I wanted Do Right to "do it right". They did.

Description of Work
Numerous jobs over the years: 1. Remove wallpaper and paint the upstairs (except three rooms, since they were fine) when we moved in, around 2012 (~$3000 (Cheaper than CollegePro, which refused to do anything with drywall) 2. Paint the downstairs to hide the old yellow color the house once had (I don't remember the price) 3. Install new drywall, spackling, and paint the downstairs laundry/bathroom, after a flood (I don't remember the price) 4. Remove old exterior paint from front door and the surrounding stained glass window panes and repair the wood, prime it, and paint it with the best possible exterior paint before the weather destroys the wood any further ($430 exactly)

06/06/2016

kim T.

after 7 months the paint is peeling off balcony. After contacting contractor, he stated he could not guarantee quality of paint. I wrongly assumed if I hired a professional they would choose a quality product and stand by their service. Very sad that I now have to hire another contractor to repair this

Description of Work
Hired to do entire interior of house and small balcony.

Category house painters, interior painters

03/04/2016

Kelly T.

Very nice, professional, worked quickly, cleaned up every night so I could remain in my home without disruption, great with my pets

Description of Work
He painted 4 rooms and a hallway (ceiling, walls, and woodwork).

11/12/2015

John C.

Description of Work
Painted 5 door frames. I was very pleased with their work and them.

11/06/2015

John C.

Do Right Painting arrived on time as committed. I am very happy with their work and professionalism. I feel I can trust this contractor and will ask them back.

Description of Work
Prepared and painted 5 exterior doors.

08/18/2015

Kara J.

he was prompt and cleaned up after himself

Description of Work
We've used him to paint the walls of our rental property but he has also painted walls and redone the ceiling in the basement of our old house. He is a wiz with texturing.

10/23/2014

JoAn D.

Description of Work
in 1997 he painted the exterior of my house and in about 2004 I had some windows replaced and he came back to to touch up the trim, Thepaint still looks good and if I outlive the paint job I will have him do it again.

09/16/2014

christi B.

she said he was professional, easy to work with, provided fresh ideas.

Description of Work
painted the interior of my mother in laws home.

07/02/2014

Joan K.

It went excellent. They were very professional and friendly. It took longer then planned but it was a high quality service. He went above and beyond and was very matriculates and conscientious with his work. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They panted my kitchen, dining area, living room, stairwell, hallway, bathroom, and ceilings.

03/12/2014

John R.

good

Description of Work
Paint & Refinish

11/03/2013

christi B.

I would definitely recommend Do Right Painting. He paid attention to detail, was meticulous, He communicated well and followed through on everything he said he would. It was great having Angies list to refer him to me.

Description of Work
Painted the interior walls of a private home.

Category house painters, interior painters

09/21/2013

Jackie C.

Mike responded to our call very quickly. He let us know what was to be expected. He let us know the time line with weather permitting. He handled the job with true professionalism.

Description of Work
Painted front entrance posts (5) and painted bench. Posts needed a lot of prep work (chipping and sanding) and bench.

Category furniture repair, house painters

09/11/2013

Perry J.

If you want a interior paint job done quickly and professionally then Do Right Painting can get it done right the first time and at a competitive price.

Description of Work
Mike did an excellent job painting an apartment unit I own and he did it quickly and at the price quoted.

06/11/2013

JoAn D.

I appreciate his honesty and his patience with an old lady (me) The only reason he had to do touch up work is because I had 12 windows replaced and the trim around the windows needed to be done. If the paint job doesn't outlive me I will have him do it again. For any paint job to last 16 years in this weather is remarkable. The name of his business is very accurate. Do Right Painting. He did it right the first time. Mike Eiman is a pleasure to do business with and I let everyone know to hire him.

Description of Work
He painted the entire house (3500 sq ft.) in 1997 and touched up the trim in 2010

05/23/2013

Colleen W.

Thanks to Michael the project went very well. When we needed help deciding on paint colors/ schemes, Michael offered great, thoughtful suggestions. Whenever my husband or I would come home, Michael would stop what he was doing to explain and show us exactly what he had done. Michael was meticulous, and very detail oriented - no sloppy work here! He thoroughly cleaned up everything before he left each day. Absolutely would hire him again and will refer him to anyone who's looking for a very professional, personable painter!

Description of Work
Prepared and painted 2 bedrooms, bathroom and doors, including closets and trim.

05/14/2013

Raymond L.

We contacted the company for an estimate to paint our livingroom. The owner made an appt for the following Friday. They /he never showed up, never called to confirm or cancel. Would not use this outfit ever. NOT professional.

Description of Work
no service was performed.

Category interior painters

[member name removed] I would like to extend my apology to Mr. Lyle even though I missed the opportunity to bid this project we had arraignments for me on a certain date to estimate his job. His job is approximately 60 miles away from where I live. An imminent snowstorm had arrived in our area and was in progress. I phoned ahead and received no answer possibly I dialed the wrong number therefore I have never met [member name removed] and I do extend regret that he is displeased that I wasn't able to follow through on his free estimate. Sincerely Michael Eiman of Pocatello Idaho I hope things. Worked out for you however I was sincere about making this 120 mile trip I do think that your statement was definitely a little harsh please read above and below on my other reviews of customers that I have enjoyed doing services for thank you.

05/11/2013

Joann F.

He was pleasant, covered carpets and floors, meticulate with his work and clean up. We were very pleased and referred him to family and neighbors.

Description of Work
Painted - 3 rooms - hallway and staircase walls - ceilings and base board. His bid/estimate was concise and clear and he made good suggestions for paint color and quality.

05/01/2013

Dawn L M.

Very well, it took about 4-5 days to complete the job, but the results are gorgeous. I couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Michael painted my main floor interior. He was meticulous and the work done was very professional and absolutely beautiful. He was also went above and beyond to help me with a few things he didn't need to help with, and were not in his estimate. I would absolutely recommend him and will definitely use him again.

04/07/2013

Kirsten H.

The job went GREAT! Mike was pleasant to work with and was always willing to go the extra mile. We kept adding to the job and he was happy to accommodate us!

Description of Work
Mike was hired to texture walls and ceiling to match the rest of the hous in 3 large rooms, paint new trim in 3 large rooms, take down wall paper in 2 rooms, paint walls in 6 rooms and paint celings in 5 rooms. Also he had to texture over wood paneling and make it look like the panneling was never there. He accomplished it!

03/26/2013

JuDee A.

He came in to the home and told us what to expect with his service. We didn't have to ask what he would be doing. He's very personable and sincere. He treated my home like it was his own. He takes great pride in his work and it shows. He came in at the price quoted on the final bill. He did a beautiful job. We would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
7 rooms, hallway and basement

09/14/2012

Steve B.

Mike began by sanding off the old finish on the upper deck and railing. The old finish was peeling and did not provide a sound foundation for a new finish. Once the old finish was removed, Mike consulted with us on proucts that he recommended for a new finish. Once the finish choice was made, Mike was able to quickly apply the new finish and complete the job. Because of the effort to remove the original finish, the job took longer than either Mike or we expected, but the results far and away justified the extra time. Mike put in a professional effort to provide a sound, long-lasting finish and stuck to the original bid amount. Mike was diligent and professional from start to finish. I would recommend Do Right Painting for any paint and general fix-up work needed around the house.

Description of Work
Completely refinished (sanded) a large (1200 sq. ft.) painted deck and railing to remove old paint, then re-finished with more suitable product. This deck has two parts, upper and lower.

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Members: THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING YOUR REVIEW ABOUT THE WORK I PERFORMED ON YOUR HOME. IT WAS A CHALLENGE BUT THE RESULTS WERE WELL WORTH IT! HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND AGAIN, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. MIKE EIMAN-DO RIGHT PAINTING

07/15/2011

Kara J.

Mike is a professional he completes a job on time and well done. He is very concerned with customer satisfaction.

Description of Work
We have used Do Right Painting on 3 seperate occasions. The first time we called was for a home we owned in Chubbuck. We had some interior work done and this was the finishing touch. After having dealt with different companies and contractors through out the process of this remodel we found Mike to be so professional and detail oriented that we called him again when we needed to do some interior painting on our home in McCammon. He once again exceeded our expectations. He listened to us and completed the job professionally and in a timely fashion. So once again we needed interior painting for a rental unit in Pocatello. No question who were were going to call and Mike did not let us down. If we need interior painting done again we will surely use Do Right painting. He listens and completes the job with professionalism.

Category wallpaper, interior painters

DEAR MEMBERS: APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS AND AM PLEASED THAT I HAVE MET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. HOPEFULLY WILL SEE YOU ON YOUR 4TH PROJECT! SINCERELY, MIKE EIMAN-DO RIGHT PAINTING BET THERE ARE A LOT OF WARM CATS THIS WINTER THANKS TO YOU!