Do Right Painting

Founded 1992 • With Angi since November 2010

45 years of experience. Free estimates; does own work; dedicated to one job at a time from start to finish; always available for questions or advice; works one area at a time to keep your project organized and clean; your schedule takes priority; pet friendly! Glad to assist in color matching or devising a whole new look! Available for new construction or the fence in your yard--no job too big or too small! Takes pride and provides t.l.c. to every project. Senior citizen discounts available; retainer for materials may be requested at contractor's discounted cost.Appoints available on weekends....

06/30/2017

Insurer didn't pay. Couldn't use service

Description of Work
Painting entire interior of large home

04/28/2017

Mike answered our call quickly and delivered on what he promised. There was no cutting corners and job was completed on schedule. He spent time to make sure what we needed and exceeded our expectations. Mike was so professional and perfectionist that we called him again for a touch up after some extra work in the house damaged a wall. Once again he did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Interior painting of house and garage

01/24/2017

It was an excellent experience all the way around. Came out on a super snowy day and worked efficiently until the job was done, no breaks.

Description of Work
Interior touch up paint.

07/17/2016

For the first job, painting the upstairs, we discovered mid-job that wallpaper wasn't in just one room -- it was in three! It had merely been painted over. Amazingly, Mike didn't charge any more even though it took several days of effort to completely get rid of the wallpaper. We asked for matte white on the crown molding, but he suggested high gloss white. He's the professional so we decided to give his suggestion a try and we love it! I was worried that high gloss would look showy, but instead it looks subtle and classy. Good call. Somehow, not a speck of paint got on the floor or hand railing. Do Right uses plastic sheeting everywhere of course, but I have used it too and still got at least a little paint in undesired locations. For job #2, everything went smoothly. We had the home theater room painted in a very light grey at the request of my wife. I thought it would look boring but it turned out great. For job #3. This job turned out to be much more complicated than we thought because the plumbing was not lined up for drywall, so Do Right Painting had to custom cut complex shapes into several pieces of drywall and connect them together through the piping. Additionally, the pressure regulator stuck out farther than the drywall so they had to figure out how to curve drywall. Not sure how he did that but it worked great, and they again didn't charge extra. For job #4: We have some nice wood trim around stained glass surrounding the front door. The weather started to severely crack the wood so I wanted Do Right to "do it right". They did.

Description of Work
Numerous jobs over the years: 1. Remove wallpaper and paint the upstairs (except three rooms, since they were fine) when we moved in, around 2012 (~$3000 (Cheaper than CollegePro, which refused to do anything with drywall) 2. Paint the downstairs to hide the old yellow color the house once had (I don't remember the price) 3. Install new drywall, spackling, and paint the downstairs laundry/bathroom, after a flood (I don't remember the price) 4. Remove old exterior paint from front door and the surrounding stained glass window panes and repair the wood, prime it, and paint it with the best possible exterior paint before the weather destroys the wood any further ($430 exactly)

Category drywall,house painters,interior painters

06/06/2016

after 7 months the paint is peeling off balcony. After contacting contractor, he stated he could not guarantee quality of paint. I wrongly assumed if I hired a professional they would choose a quality product and stand by their service. Very sad that I now have to hire another contractor to repair this

Description of Work
Hired to do entire interior of house and small balcony.

Category house painters,interior painters

03/04/2016

Very nice, professional, worked quickly, cleaned up every night so I could remain in my home without disruption, great with my pets

Description of Work
He painted 4 rooms and a hallway (ceiling, walls, and woodwork).

11/06/2015

Do Right Painting arrived on time as committed. I am very happy with their work and professionalism. I feel I can trust this contractor and will ask them back.

Description of Work
Prepared and painted 5 exterior doors.

Category house painters

08/18/2015

he was prompt and cleaned up after himself

Description of Work
We've used him to paint the walls of our rental property but he has also painted walls and redone the ceiling in the basement of our old house. He is a wiz with texturing.

09/16/2014

she said he was professional, easy to work with, provided fresh ideas.

Description of Work
painted the interior of my mother in laws home.

07/02/2014

It went excellent. They were very professional and friendly. It took longer then planned but it was a high quality service. He went above and beyond and was very matriculates and conscientious with his work. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
They panted my kitchen, dining area, living room, stairwell, hallway, bathroom, and ceilings.

Category house painters

Texturing, Spray, Brush & Roll, Wallpaper & Wallpaper Removal, Sheetrock Repair, Staining, Interior & Exterior Prep, Painting. Power Washing.