Fitzgerald Mechanical & Plumbing

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2017

P.O. Box 3031

Nampa, ID 83653

Reasonable rates and after hour work. Licensed with 20 years experience and union trained. We do everything from remodels to emergency calls. Possible work, but not limited to: Clogs, drain cleaning Re-pipes Fixture installs Water heaters and softeners Disposals and dishwashers Pools Sewer and septic Sump and well pumps Water treatment, filtration and UV units Tankless water heaters Radiant heat In addition, Fitzgerald Mechanical is capable of completing all construction from foundation to key in the door. We belong to a co-op of skilled trades that will provide the convenience of only having to work with one contractor from start to finish....

03/27/2020

Caleb M.

I gave Ryan and Heather a $6,500 deposit for their bid to replace my main sewer line on Oct 15, 2019. They dug two 4 foot holes in my backyard and then disappeared for 5 months. I called, emailed, and texted every few days letting them know the sewage leaking in my basement was getting worse by the day. Over the 5 month period they would either completely ignore my communication or give me excuses ranging from being gone on hunting trips to moving on to other jobs and promising that I was still a priority to them and that I was next on their list. It finally came down to me getting another contractor to come do the job, and they were able to complete it in 2 days. I asked Ryan and Heather for my deposit back and after a week of excuses why they wouldn't be able to get me my check I told them I felt I had no choice but to sue them because I needed the money to pay the other company that actually did the work. They eventually gave me a partial refund with no explanation of why they kept $2,500 of my money. I've messaged them to see if they can explain how they can justify it, and they haven't gotten back to me. I would strongly recommend not using their services, especially if it involves a deposit up front. Ryan and his crew were very nice, and I enjoyed the time I got to spend with them, but I've never been so frustrated working with a contractor. I feel cheated and in my opinion they simply stole $2,500 from me.

Description of Work
Main sewer line replacement

Category plumbing

[Member Name Removed], I'm sorry our professional relationship was not what either of us set out to accomplish. Your deposit got you a slot on our schedule, and we showed up within a few weeks per our discussion. After starting the job, we discovered foundation issues and had to pull of while your insurance decided what they were going to do. Ryan helped significantly in getting your insurance to pay for the damage but it took them until the end of the year to make a decision. We have a small business, and our employees took time off for hunting, and the holidays. We strive to provide a good place to work, and sometimes that delays scheduling so our staff can spend time with their families. Per our conversation, I mistakenly moved your new job date to 01/15/19, instead of 01/15/20. As soon as you called me and I realized my mistake I apologized and got the crew and all the equipment out there as soon as possible. I moved other jobs to accommodate you, just as you had been accommodating to others. When we showed up, there was a deck and a tree that needed to get removed. We spent an entire day getting you quotes, and trying to help get the issues resolved. We showed nothing but good faith in performing our side of the deal. You breached the contract to avoid cutting down a tree and hired another contractor with no notice and demanded your full deposit back without weighing the time and costs we had invested in helping you. We refunded the majority of your deposit within the week, when by state law your breach entitled you to nothing in return. I would encourage you to rethink how this transaction went down and see it from both sides. We have done nothing but go above and beyond for you (admittedly with some delays but never any false intent), including return money that wasn't owed and you have the audacity to leave us a bad review. As a small business owner yourself, you should be wiser and a little more understanding. Best of luck

10/02/2017

Patricia E.

Good fast worker. needs to dress a little more professional. Pleasant personality, There is one small detail to finish up and he has not done that yet. Over all great experience.

Description of Work
New toilet and new Kitchen faucet

09/27/2017

Neal J.

Ryan did a very professional job of installing the new washing machine on a drain pan. There was no drain in the closet where the washing machine was located so Ryan cut through the back wall and ran a drain pipe into the hot water heater drain pipe that was located on the other side of the wall. He did a beautiful job of running that pipe and keeping it out of the way of the furnace and walk space. We were very impressed with Ryan's knowledge and ability. We will certainly call him for our next job.

Description of Work
We needed Ryan to place a drain pan under an upstairs washer.

09/18/2017

Lea T.

Everything went fine and Ryan did a good job of staying in contact with us regarding parts that had to be ordered for the kitchen faucet. We would use Ryan again.

Description of Work
Fixed a toilet and a kitchen faucet.

08/19/2017

Eric J.

Well, overall. They were later getting here than they said, but plumbing is that way. Completed the job in good time without problems, were friendly and professional. Looked at the job a few days later - looks pretty good - several different materials (pvc, copper, metal junctions) used, but appears to be solid and well done.

Description of Work
Hose bib replacement.

04/02/2017

Ryan H.

Ryan did a great job.

Description of Work
I needed the box lowered a foot on the wall where the washing machine hooks up to so I could put a countertop on top of the washing machine.

03/21/2017

Amber N.

Great it looks amazing very happy I'm in love with bathroom amazing work , definitely good at what they do

Description of Work
Tile work done in bathroom shower and floor

03/04/2017

Erica A.

Ryan was quick to respond I found him to be very professional; also, corrected the issue within an hour after arriving. I would highly recommend for any plumbing needs (or any other services) due to prompt response and reasonable price. Competent contractors seem to be a rarity these days!

Description of Work
Unfortunate plumbing issue at 8:00 p.m. on a Sunday night!

03/02/2017

Veronica V.

They were courteous of my time and very responsive. It was easy to get an estimate and I knew what to expect. I received the best and affordable experience. They were very professional while addressing all of my concerns.

Description of Work
I needed some regular servicing and some repairs on unexpected issues.

03/01/2017

April H.

Great! He was prompt and thorough and made sure everything was in working order before he was on his way.

Description of Work
My son flushed his toy car down the toilet and we could not get it dislodged. It was a Sunday and fortunately Ryan (the owner) was so nice and able to come on an emergency call to get it snaked.