Better Days Painting

Founded 2003 • With Angi since February 2009

4.4

2801 Sioux St

Nampa, ID 83686

Painting interior, Painting exterior, Remodeling, construction, bathrooms and kitchens, finish carpentry, decks, roofing, siding, renovations...

11/15/2012

Carol J.

First, the owner of this company met with me and brought letters of recommendation from a few people that he had evidently worked for. The job started off well, he had two young men doing the work, one of which was his son and a friend of his son. I hired this company because I wanted to get a few things done. Put windows in a sunporch, replace some brick and put in some base boards. Because I care handicapped adults, which I made very clear to this man which he didn't care about. I made it clear that all areas that my clients used had to be painted and dry before they came home. This wish was not respected and one of the men I care for had a jacket ruined by paint, his backpack had paint on it which they didn't care about. I had explained to these workers that these men that the men I care for did not undetstand not to touch the paint, so please understand my logic. I was totally ignored As for the paint job on the corners of the walls where the plaster had been knocked off of the walls by wheelchairs was not filled but just painted over and it still looks awful. Some holes were not filled. When I tried to talk to the owner, he became very angry with me for pointing out paint on the cabinets, on jackets and backpacks. Holes and corner of walls that should have been repaired. The baseboards were not installed and this was part of the payment. I paid this man because he made it clear that he would sue me. He also made racial comments and comment about me being a woman. The two young men that was doing the work were very nice and did try to respect my feelings but did not listen about the needs of my clients. There were witnesses to this man's behavior and to my trying to talk to him. I have used other companies to take care of repairs around my home and have never had an experience like this, some of these people I still deal with. I thought that by joining Angie's List that it would only get better and I would meet people that were honest, nice and caring as I am but that is not true and that we should beware of who we let into our homes. I I feel that the man that own this company, is racially prejudice and don't feel that woman have any intelligence. He also continue to be on Angie's list. Thanks, Carol Judish

Description of Work
painted two large rooms, one very small kitchen, small entry way.

11/05/2012

Erin L.

They came out for the quote in a timely manner and were very friendly. I did not choose to use Better Days because their quote was almost twice as much as another company in the area for the same services. As cost was the driving force for our decision, I went with the other company.

Description of Work
We had Better Days come provide a quote for painting the exterior of our house. The house was in need of some prep work and paint. It is a two-story house built in 1993.

Category house painters

09/25/2012

james T.

Better Days Painting has been working on our house and they're doing great work. They do excellent prep before they start the actual painting, so we're very pleased with that. They fill in all the cracks and they do everything that they need to do. They caulk. They've done several in the neighborhood and that is one of the reasons why we chose them because we knew what excellent work they do. They're a lot more expensive than the other people that we got bids from, but we just know their work and we appreciate it. They're trustworthy and it meant a lot to us. They're pricing is probably almost double then what a lot of the other painting companies are. They put so much into it than any of the other companies would. They're very responsive. With punctuality I would probably put them as a "B+" just because other things happened and so maybe they planned on being here at a certain time but other emergencies arose and so they wouldn't be here.

Description of Work
Better Days Painting is painting the whole outside of our house and our deck.

Category deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

07/02/2012

Gregg S.

They were very professional while they were on the job site for the week. They also matched the colors perfectly. They gave great advise on color choices/options that we hadn't considered, which made all the difference in the look. Our house looks amazing; we highly recommend this outfit.

Description of Work
Better Day's did an exceptional job painting the exterior of our house. Their attention to detail was impressive. We were expecting our house to just be painted, but got much more. Their prep work was thorough. They scraped everything down and caulked the entire house. They also did a great job protecting our plants and rose bushes so that they could paint behind them but without harm to plants. All paint lines around windows and frames were perfect.

Category house painters

02/25/2012

Neva M.

Their painting is unbelievable. They were on time. They did a fabulous job. They sealed all of my baseboards. I used multiple colors, and the lines between the colors is perfect. They cleaned up after themselves. They didn't make a mess out of my home when they were working. They were the most reasonably priced company that I found.

Description of Work
They painted the interior and exterior of my home.

03/29/2011

Lucia D.

As soon as I saw that my kitchen was having a leak in the ceiling, I got in touch with Better Day's. They were out the next day -- repaired that leak and advised that I needed a new roof (over 17 years old). I had been told by another roofer two years ago that we would soon be needing a new roof. (He had come to repair two leaks in our garage ceiling.) I was given a more-than-fair price for the roofing materials and labor. I noticed on Angie's List that other roofers were charging much more for their jobs.

Description of Work
Installed a complete new roof.

03/07/2011

Lucia D.

This company of four men (with Ted Bailey as their chief) did an excellent job of painting the interior of my large home. I was impressed with every phase of their work. They showed up at exactly the same time every morning, never stopped working all day (except for lunch), and every man seemed to take a special pride in his work. They were kind and very helpful in my selection of colors. After spending a whole day painting my kitchen and family room with two coats of paint, I was not happy with my choice of colors. I told Mr. Bailey, and he immediately told his crew to start over. He drove me to the paint store several times to find the right color to match my carpet. To my happy surprise, he only charged me for the extra paint and NOT for the labor. Mr. Bailey is a perfectionist, and without asking, he fixed several problems such as replacing and painting two sections of woodwork that had been ruined by the previous owner's dogs, buying and replacing the front door's handle and mechanism, moving my dining room chandelier to a different spot in the ceiling, and other things too numerous to mention. I would not hesitate to recommend this painter to anyone in the Treasure Valley.

Description of Work
1. In July of 2004, this company painted the exterior of my home. It still looks GREAT. 2. Just last week (February 28-March 4, 20100), this company painted the interior of my home including bathroom, stairs, laundry room, and pantry.

02/19/2009

vickie K.

Ted is very reliable, gets the job done, and does a good job cleaning up after himself.

Description of Work
He painted the interior and exterior of my home.

Caliber Roofing LLC

Roofing Contractor in Boise, Idaho. We serve Boise, Meridian, Eagle, Nampa, Emmett, Star, Kuna, Horseshoe Bend, as well as many surrounding areas. We provide custom roofing solutions, small and large. From small leaks or missing singles, to large roof replacements. We install a variety of roofing products and brands, guaranteeing we have an option right for you. All of our work is warranted. We carry insurance and workers compensation, and we are a Registered Contractor with the Idaho Board of Contractors. Our company is built on quality and integrity. Our definition of a job well done is when the problem is solved and our customer is 100% satisfied with the work. We strive to make our customers happy, and will bend over backwards in order to do so. We are a small family owned company, coming from years of experience with hundreds of projects completed.

Offers by Caliber Roofing LLC on Angi
    Capital Roofing Pros LLC

Capital Roofing Pros, LLC is your reliable and efficient roofing company serving Boise, Idaho, and surrounding areas. We are committed to staying on schedule and within budget, and we use the best tools and materials to get the job done correctly. All of our equipment and resources are up-to-date, ensuring the job is done efficiently and created with high-quality materials. When it comes to all of your roofing needs, no one does it better than our team of roofing contractors.

Idaho Roofing Contractors

Idaho Roofing Contractors - When it comes to hiring quality roofers, we’re the professionals you want to turn to for excellent services that keep your home in great condition. Call today to receive a FREE consultation on our quality roofing services.

Exterior, interior repairs, construction, maintenance, additions, remodels-restorations, painting, siding, windows, doors, concrete, patios, decks, roofing, fencing, stone, tile, brick, drywall, renovations, texturing, flooring, cabinetry, finish carpentry, bathrooms & kitchens.