Re-Bath of Idaho

Founded 2005 • With Angi since February 2009

Re-Bath is the Nation's Largest Bathroom Remodeler. Since 1978, we have continued to offer customers only the best bathroom remodeling experience. Whether it's a Tub/Shower Update, Aging and Accessibility Solutions, or Complete Bathroom Remodeling, it starts with Re-Bath.

Re-Bath Shower Replacement

home remodeling

Re-Bath Shower Replacement
View project

4.2

3.8

4.4

4.4

home remodeling (25)bathtub refinishing (12)

05/18/2021

William W.

The plumber forgot to tighten the drain on the bathtub and it just leaked for a year until it was so compromised that it was leaking from the second floor into the kitchen

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

Review for Re-Bath of Idaho - 2150 E Fairview Avenue, Meridian, ID - 39335437

Hi Bill, we regret to hear that you had this experience with us. We would like an opportunity to make this up to you. If you are willing, please contact our customer support team at 800-426-4573 so we can work towards a resolution. Take care!

07/02/2015

Jim N.

We chose ReBath primarily out of convenience and the promised minimal interruption. The salesman was very courteous, prepared, and responsive to questions when visiting the house, very professional (although it was a carefully crafted presentation one would expect from a franchise). The work crews were very courteous and professional, as well, but the project (from a scheduling perspective) did not even come close to the promised minimal interruption. Materials were sized incorrectly, causing delays in the schedule, and re-orders, crew availability, etc. . . .it all happened, causing the project to take more than 30 days (there were even mix-ups where I had people at the house to let workers in and crews did not show up; no notification until I called to ask what happened). Workmanship quality was good, house was kept clean, etc . . . .but the materials were mid-grade. Overall, I believe I could have had an equivalent bathroom (material quality-wise) for 25% less than what was paid ReBath had I been a little more diligent and used a different provider. To be fair, ReBath did provide a partial (small) refund for the inconveniences, etc, but it was minimal compared to the disruption and the time I had to spend chasing down project status, etc (I felt like the subcontractor at certain times calling various numbers to find out where the workcrews were, what the schedule was, status of materials, etc).

Description of Work
Remodel of bathroom. New tiled floor, counter, sinks, shower, toilet, minor drywall repair.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 01/05/2015

03/28/2015

David H.

Bid meeting went well. Product is good quality. However, the price for their bottom end product is ~50% more than than their competitors.

Description of Work
Quote for tub to shower conversion.

Work Completed On 02/28/2015

02/04/2015

Barb S.

Materials and installation job were top rate. Customer service not as good. During installation, we wanted to change the wall covering to make look right and were told by installation crew that it wasn't possible because it wasn't in the work order. There was enough product to make the change on hand. Called the salesman and he did have crew install as we requested. We were told they would complete the job in 2 days, 10 days later job finally completed. Salesman would not return my calls after the 2nd day. 10 days is not a bad time frame and would have been acceptable if they hadn't promised a 2 day installation. It was a frustrating few days but the end product is beautiful and the tub works wonderfully.

Description of Work
Partial remodel of master bathroom. DEMOLITION: removed old bath tub, portion of counter top and carpet. INSTALLATION: walk-in jetted tub, linoleum.

Work Completed On 10/13/2014

11/12/2014

thomas A.

They completed the job in about one week. They did an excellent job with the measurements and installation. After they finished, there was a separation in two of the areas where they had to connect two of the panels with the laminate. Also the shower temperature handle seemed to be stuck in the middle and they had to come back and adjust it. There were some troubles getting them back to correct these things which were irritating. Overall, they did a good job with the finished work. Everything turned out very well and the job looks beautiful. With their laminated plastic, you have to be very careful what types of products and sprays you use on it. Later talking to another contractor, we found that we could have had an installation of tile that is less up-keep and more permanent for the same price. If we had known that, we would have gone with that instead. They did a good job with the work. Everything turned out very well and the job looks beautiful.

Description of Work
They remodeled the shower area and installed a walk-in shower.

Work Completed On 10/08/2014

10/21/2014

Travis B.

It went very well. The Rebath contractors showed up right on time. They laid down carpets and other protection to prevent damage to any areas around the house they would be travelling through. They started right away after some quick review of paperwork. The plumber was about an hour late, but the Rebath guys moved on to the vanity and didn't miss a beat. The plumber came in, did his job, and it was perfect timing for Rebath to get back to the bath/shower work. They finished early enough the drywall guy could come in the first day and start on that work. That probably deserves explanation: we had to have most of one wall and parts of another wall replaced due to rust/mildew damage. Rebath coordinated with a subcontractor to come in and do the work for us. Made the process very convenient and easy. We had a slight issue with some of the base board replacement and about 5 inches of linoleum along the vanity. We contacted Rebath and they sent someone out within 2 days to have it fixed to our satisfaction. Very pleased with the responsiveness. We had to take a week recess while we personally contracted out the painting to save a few bucks (reduced the overall price by $200). After the painting was all done, Rebath came back in and installed the fixtures. It looks great. Finally the common bathroom will not be an embarrassment to let guests use.

Description of Work
Basically a whole remodel of common bathroom. They removed vanity and replaced with larger vanity. They removed bath & shower, replaced with new bath/shower. Subcontracted drywall work. Installed new fixtures.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/16/2014

05/31/2014

John C.

I scheduled a bathroom remodel meeting for quotation with rebath. Their representative came to my house on time for the meeting. He came in and asked a few questions then inquired about my wife attending the meeting. I explained that she had to work late unexpected and he proceeded to tell me that and quot;both decision makers must be present to hold the meeting and provide quotationand quot;. I explained that my wife and I were on the same page with what needed done and I had decision making authority. He insisted that we needed to reschedule the meeting. Rebath is obviously a high pressure sales operation, so I quickly show their rep the door. What a waste of time!

Description of Work
Nothing.

Work Completed On 03/07/2014

Mr. [member name removed], My apologies for the experience you had in the home a while a back. We do of course appreciate it when both the decision makers make the effort to be at the initial consultation, as it allows us to design and price the project to the tastes and desires of all those that use the bathroom or kitchen. We hope you were able to get the remodel you were looking for in your bathroom, but if not we'd be happy to have our Sales Manager or General Manager personally revisit your project. Thank you for your candid feedback and we wish you the best on your bathroom remodel. Thank you.

03/11/2014

Charla B.

The work went well, completed all in 1 day. However, 2 days after giving ReBath information of my credit card number to pay for the service, unauthorized charges were made to a local business using that credit card #. This is currently under investigation by the credit card company, but I wanted to alert the Angie's List members.

Description of Work
Installed shower insert into existing bathtub space. Also replaced toilet.

Work Completed On 02/14/2014

11/26/2013

Marlene P.

Went smoothly. Actual licensed plumber installed. Make sure you know exactly how you want things placed. Ex. Raise the height of shower head, placement height of shower curtain rod. Not set high enough but that was my fault.

Description of Work
Replaced tub and walls.

Work Completed On 11/04/2013

11/16/2013

Dan N.

didn't get together with them. Had a hard time getting together on the phone let alone getting any estimate or service work done. They weren't local so I'm sure that contributed to the problem.

Work Completed On 11/04/2013

[Member name removed] Let me be the first to apologize for your difficulty in getting the information you were seeking. We'll make it a point to follow up with you immediately to see if we can be of any assistance. We are very much local. We have a showroom in Spokane Valley that is by appointment only and do free in-home consultations. You can find all of our contact information at www.rebathspokane.com. Thank you for your inquiry.

09/13/2013

Curtis C.

Hard sell at initial appointment. Discounts offered only if ordered right away. Very few pictures or samples of merchandise. Arrived 40 minutes late on day of installation. Setup protective paths over carpeting. Completed work in 6 hours. Complete cleanup of work site, inside and out. Presented care instructions for solid surface materials and lifetime warranty paperwork. Gave warning that caulk would not dry to touch for 24 hours and adhesive would not completely cure for 5 days. National ads say can complete work in one day, with no mention of 1 extra day to dry. Excellent results, all parts were pre-formed and made to my specs. Great work around window. Only 3 inch window sill, no shelves. Price warning, this is their lowest priced model, plain white with no extras. Licensed and bonded workers.

Description of Work
Replaced bathtub, valves and all, and shower surround

Work Completed On 08/22/2013

08/14/2013

Cathy W.

It went very well. All materials came in on time. The workmen were punctual and courteous. They were proficient and confident in their work. They had to take a sledge hammer to the old tub to remove it. They were careful about not causing any other damage. They protected my carpeting with a long runner. They vacuumed and cleaned up perfectly. They finished at the time they said they would be done. They made sure we understood instructions about using it and letting the sealant set. We are extremely happy with the work they did and highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
The provider removed our old bath tub and installed a shower with new walls. They cut out around my window so I still have light. I have a new window sill. They installed new hardware, a subfloor, safety bar, shower doors and corner shelf. They cleaned up after themselves and left a darling rubber ducky.

Category bathtub refinishing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/08/2013

05/09/2013

Randolph D.

Please read comments above.

Description of Work
Removal of the old bathtub, fixtures and wall tile. Installation of new tub, wall board, shower doors and fixtures. The installation process and workers earned an A rating. A followup call due to hardwater stains resulted in the replacement of the shower doors within two weeks. This was not an installation era. The sales associate sold the doors as having a coating that would prevent hardwater stains. The installation manager said "our salesmen tend to oversell the doors." The installation manager said they would replace the doors rather than clean them. There is no way to prevent the hardwater stains without installing a water softener. The half day installation process and hands off for the home owner justified the extra expense. The materials seem to be quality; time will tell. Do buy your on fixtures and save a lot of money. If you have disabillity bars installed, try to use brushed stainless. Regular stainless and plastic grab bars are slippery when wet and wet with soap. Make sure your fixtures all match. i.e. polished stainless and brushed stainless do not mix. A sales person is a sales person, regardless of the industry. Ask an attorney or a politician they will tell you.

Work Completed On 04/12/2013

02/11/2013

Englund V.

They were very good. They were in and out in one day. They were polite, professional and courteous. The tub everything looks really good.

Description of Work
They replaced the tub, the bathroom surround, and plumbing hardware.

Work Completed On 07/11/2012

10/18/2012

I went ahead and scheduled an in person appointment and they did not show up. They did not call to explain the reason for not being able to make or to reschedule. I'm glad I found out what they are made of prior to actually signing a contract or spending any money. I will NEVER use this company.

Description of Work
The initial interview prior to appointment scheduling lacked professionalism and included questions that would allow them to know when I (a woman) was home alone, and personal information around my home ownership. I tried to explain why the questions they were asking could be considered personal and were not relevant for bath remodeling. They became argumentative and I dropped it.

Category remodeling

CHRISTIE N.

It was wonderful! The crew was nice, worked quickly, and did a good job. Furthermore, their follow up on issues are quick and free.

Description of Work
The redid the bathtub.

Work Completed On 04/15/2005

Harry D.

They had a reasonable bid, and their previous clients had no complaints either. When they did the work, they were polite and left the area clean after finishing. We are satisfied the service.

Description of Work
They redid the shower.

Work Completed On 04/25/2005

Douglas C.

They were very professional, and the work went very smoothly. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They installed a new shower.

Work Completed On 01/15/2012

Carolyn N.

Everything went very well. I am waiting for them to return and start the project. There was no pressure to buy the products, I was not rushed into anything and I felt they were very good about explaining everything that they would be doing, the times they would be doing each detail and who would be doing what. So far, have only put a down payment on the project.

Description of Work
I had them do an estimate on a tub to shower remodel. They were very professional and knowledgeable. They spent 2 hours here going over everything. They had pictures and samples of their material. Their price was just under $6000 for the surround, shower base, fixtures, bars, shower caddy etc. which is what I had budgeted for the project. I am now waiting for them to return and start the project. They said it would be 4-6 weeks from the order date before they could start as they do not have an office here and have been extremely busy. I was very satisfied so far and will review them again when they are done with the project.

Work Completed On 04/13/2012

Marbarlt & Samuel S.

The service wasn't performed as they had specified, and the installation was done rather hastily. The materials they used aren't very durable, either.

Description of Work
They removed the tub and tile and installed a new plastic insert.

Work Completed On 04/25/2009

As I'm sure you're well aware, your bath system comes with a manufactuer's lifetime warranty on the materials and installation. We will be contacting you to address anything you feel wasn't installed pursuant to your customer agreement, and we're always available to quickly address any issues you have at 208.367.0900. We couldn't offer a lifetime warranty on the materials and installation if they weren't durable. Re-Bath has been around for well over 30 years now providing the best solutions for the bathroom. We of course appreciate your business and hope to make you a very satisfied customer. Spencer Shaw President

Linda M.

They delivered exactly what they said they were going to do, including the installation and the time it would take for them to do it. There were no surprises that way. It was great clean up. They were very careful with our flooring and keeping things clean. The shower itself was well done. We did think it was a premium price for the product but considering the timeframe and smoothness of the project, we feel like we paid for the service and it was well worth it.

Description of Work
They removed a bathtub and shower and re-installed a walk in shower.

Work Completed On 03/13/2012

Virginia J.

It went excellent. It's been done for a year and there are no complaints.

Description of Work
We had two bathrooms done. They did a shower downstairs. They also put in a new tub and put in an enclosure around it.

Work Completed On 03/01/2011

BONNIE R.

The salesman who discussed the project with me actually lied and told me that I couldn't receive a refund unless I hired the company for work. Thus, I hired the company in order to get my money back. The worker who arrived was very nice, but he didn't do all of the work that the manager told me he would do.

Description of Work
I hired them to replace the bathtub.