Master Tech LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2012

PO Box 50577

Idaho Falls, ID 83405

Master Tech LLC (formally Master Plumbing of Idaho Falls) has been serving SE Idaho since Feb. 2000. We are a Certified EPA Renovator, Licensed Plumbing and Heating Company. Installing for Lowes for more than 15 yrs. Recognized Nationally 4 times Bronze Award (in the top 90% of all Lowes

08/11/2022

Jen W.

Our home appliance warranty service company scheduled an AC tuneup for us with Master Tech. They were to call us within 1 business day to schedule an appointment. We waited a full 5 business days, no response and so we called them, left a message giving the service repair number and details. 3 more business days later and still no response. After reaching out to our warranty service company they finally got ahold of Master Tech who said they don’t service ACs. That’s fine if you don’t provide that specific service but the lack of response is extremely unprofessional. To ignore the service repair given to them and still not return our message after we’ve waited almost 2 weeks from scheduling it, was frustrating. Would not recommend.

Description of Work
A/C Tuneup scheduled from home warranty service

10/18/2017

Sherry E.

I called at noon and they were at my house that afternoon to check. Said it wasn't a leak in the main line, maybe was the sprinkler system.

Description of Work
I thought I had a leak in my main line.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking a minute to post a review.

09/06/2017

Anne O.

Super job. Quick response, Professional. Explained what needed to be done.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in condensation collection pan.

Thanks for the review!

08/01/2017

L. Elaine S.

Work was performed within two days of initial call. Russ was there on time, when he said he would be. Work was performed efficiently, high quality and professionally. The area was kept very clean during the work and was thoroughly vacuumed and sanitized upon completion. The best plumber I ever hired! The bill was $40.00 less than the price quoted. Outstanding job!

Description of Work
Replace a Sewage ejector pump and float.

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review.

07/27/2017

Bob W.

This was a Home Warranty referral. Very professional. Russ arrived on time. Fixed the problem quickly. Cleaned the work area. Pleased with all aspects of the repair. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Toilet blockage.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for the review. I really appreciate it. Russ

03/10/2017

Scott E.

Our home warranty company was contracted with MasterTech and they called me first thing int he morning after i had entered the service call late the night before when I noticed the leaking water heater. They came and checked out the problem and returned the following day to replace the heater. Then, when my 2nd water heater had the same problem 3 weeks later and I placed a service call with my home warranty company, in the evening again, they were out the next day and had the water heater replaced before 4pm. Ben and Will were great to work with and did a great job.

Description of Work
Water Heater needed replaced.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for taking the time to post a review...

12/26/2016

Lori S.

Technician was fast, friendly, and very responsive. I will absolutely use them again.

Description of Work
Heater was broken.

12/10/2016

Leah H.

Russ was incredible!! I was very impressed with how quick and effeciant he was. He worked so well alongside our insurance to get everything approved and the part we needed. It was very quick, and very proffessional.

Description of Work
Fixed my Furnace.

12/08/2016

L. Elaine S.

Service tech came within 24 hours of call Work was performed in 20 minutes. Quality was very good and technician was knowledgeable very professional.

Description of Work
Replace cartridges in bathroom sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

12/06/2016

Dan L.

They Had to cut out back wall behind bathroom wall, to add all the new plumbing. They done a real professional job, & removed all the paneling & wall board carefully so it all went right back. All we had to do was fit back the wall board / paneling,& caulk around the seams, & touch up paint . They cleaned up all there mess, & left it as good as they found it. I have always used Master Tech because they are so promt, professional, & always do great work in such a timely manner. They are always so personable & friendly, & treat you like a friend. We don't ever have to worry about having any of there employees in our home anytime. Great to work with your schedule.

Description of Work
Changed out old & Installed new tub faucets/fixtures & added shower valve & all the new plumbing to connect the new shower head in the existing tub.

11/18/2016

Mason C.

Didn't charge us for any extra parts or services that we didn't need. Nice, clean, friendly and professional! A+ rating highly recommended!!!

Description of Work
Above and beyond what we could ever expect. They clean and maintenance both the water heater and the Furnace.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Thanks guys, we were happy to help get the hot water working and the furnace too...classic "Everyone visiting for Thanksgiving"... the furnace AND water heater goes out! You guys were awesome!

11/15/2016

Melisa B.

They are extremely reliable, professional and have always done a good job, in a timely manner. Melisa Barnett

Description of Work
As a realtor, we have used Master Tech many times, sometime through our listing home warranty coverage.

Category plumbing

Thanks for taking the time post a review.

11/15/2016

Carlos V.

They were prompt to evaluate the issue and repair it.They called us to follow up afterward to make sure we were satisfied. They have fair prices, I will highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Master Tech has done two jobs for us. Initially they helped us with a water heater issue at home and also some repairs at my workplace.

11/14/2016

Jo D.

My recollection about that first time is that they arrived within a few hours of our call even though it was late in the day, and then worked til well after close of business and into the weekend to rescue us. We've occasionally had trouble getting prompt call backs when these guys are busy, but other than that, we find them resourceful, cost-conscious, smart, and very professional. I particularly appreciate the advice we've gotten over the years when we've decided to tackle jobs on our own. That's above and beyond.

Description of Work
We first started working with Mastertech fifteen years ago when, during a brutal cold snap, we developed a leak in the main water line into our house. We've worked with them ever since, on large jobs like kitchen renovations and small jobs like adding filtration to our water line.

10/04/2016

Anne O.

Did not use this company

Description of Work
Did not use this company. I have no information to say I would or would not hire again.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Master Tech LLC has no record of this customer. After looking we can't see that we have had any transactions with [Member Name Removed] We are not sure why they would have reported a C rating... :(

04/01/2016

Jill J.

Description of Work
"Mr. Bartlett was the contractor in a remodel done on my home done in 2014-15. Within a year, the ceiling that was replaced in the kitchen area has cracked. It was discovered that a piece of sheetrock was placed in an area that should have been covered by whole sheets of sheetrock. The piece was poorly ""scabbed"" and little effort was made to apply it securely. Consequently, the ceiling is now jeopardized. Mr. Bartlett was informed and pictures were sent to him. He replied it was due to the house settling. I had a professional contractor look at the job and they were surprised at the incompetence of the work. |To date, Mr. Bartlett has not returned to look at the damage caused by the faulty installation. I would not recommend this company for any construction jobs at any time. The cost to fix this problem has been bid at $2800.00."

Category plumbing

Master Tech LLC did work for Ms. [Member Name Removed]. However, after trying to work with her on the sheetrock, unsatisfied she hired another contractor and paid them separate from us to finish the work. She also has a foundation problem and refused the address it (not wanting to spend the money to fix her sinking foundation). She is unhappy that no one will warranty the crack in her sheetrock ceiling. We are sorry that she is disgruntled and we don't feel obligated to warranty this work.

06/22/2015

Robert K.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

thanks for a great review!

04/15/2015

B M.

We have used MT three times in recent years. Each time we received excellent service. They also showed up on time which is a huge plus. The first repair was to replace and update several shutoff valves in our home which had been installed by a fly-by-night builder and were very poor quality. Master Tech told us exactly what needed to be done to bring it all up to code and what it would cost. They did exactly what they said with no added fees or "we forgot to add this" excuses like so many other contractors we have encountered in the past. They also worked quickly and cleaned up afterwards. The second time was to install a new water heater. The job was done quickly and neatly with the new installation being brought up to current code. They even picked up the new one from Home Depot and hauled off the old unit for us. We didn't have to do a thing. Third job was just a few miscellaneous repairs in our new house. I wasn't sure what the issue was with the shower drain so they could have really gouged us if they wanted to. They didn't. It turned out to be a simple fix and much cheaper than I thought. After a few really bad experiences with "professional" plumbers in the past it's nice to finally find a REAL pro. MT is the ONLY plumber we will call from now on. Definitely A+.

Description of Work
Misc repairs of sink drains, faucets, shower fixtures.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

thank you for your review and confidence in our company.

09/02/2014

Daphne E.

It was done well. The remodel consisted of a total gut with exception to the tub. All plumbing, electrical and fixtures were updated. A beautiful tile job done on surround bath/shower, floor. Paint on cabinets could have been better but was probably due to owners paint choice. Overall I'm happy with the remodel. It took longer than I expected it to take. The only issue I had was that the job was impacted by other jobs which the technicians had no control over. They were sent out to work on a higher priority job on several occasions. I was very involved in the decision/design process and the technicians took the time to work with me on what I wanted and advise what could be done.

Description of Work
Remodeled bathroom

Category plumbing

Thanks for your reply. We have taken steps to prevent overbooking these type of jobs. Thanks for understanding and we are so happy that you like the new bathroom. In East Idaho it has been tough to find dependable and qualified tradesmen. We have had to scale back a little to continue offering quality craftsmanship.

03/11/2014

Jon W.

I've dealt with Russel from Master Tech several times since moving to Pocatello. The first time concerning my water softener. Then several times concerning my drain pipes and sewer drainage system. And again, several times concerning my gas furnace. Every time he has been called upon he has responded in a timely manner, always calling ahead and setting a time to arrive, and always calling ahead 10-20 minutes before he arrives. He presents himself in a professional and courteous manner, and always get right to the problem at hand. He is thorough in his inspection of the problem, and in his explanation of what he feels is needed to eradicate that problem. Personally...he's been a life saver for us after we moved into this older home that needed a professionals touch to bring it back to full life and up to livable speed. It isn't any fun going without heat in a Pocatello winter....but Russel has solved that dilemma for us!! I would have no reservations what so ever in recommending Russel Bartlett of Master Tech to see to your needs !!

Description of Work
Water softener repair..drain pipes cleared..sewer line cleared..gas furnace repaired.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water softeners

thanks so much for your review. This is what we strive for!

09/30/2013

Maggie M.

Great. Russ always does a very good job. He shows up when he says he will. He did not install our hydronic heating system, which we had a lot of trouble with until Russel basically replaced the troublesome on-demand, expensive heater with an efficient boiler system.

Description of Work
Russel at Master Tech does all our Plumbing and related heating repair/upkeep. His latest work was to flush our hydronic heating system and do a tune up, plus some general plumbing on our outside faucets.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

03/11/2013

Jon W.

My most recent situation was a problem with the drainage system. Russ arrived on schedule and began to trouble shoot the system to locate where the exact blockage was. After snaking out several drains including my lower bath tub (basement) and the main drain in the laundry room, he estimated that the problem was caused by root invasion of the main drain possibly under or just outside the house. He cleared it as good as he could but was not totally satisfied and lacking a certain piece of equipment, rescheduled to come back the next day with the proper equipment. When he left the drain was working adequate enough for us to use it, but he was not personally satisfied that it would last. He returned the next day as scheduled and attacked the drain with the right equipment and completed the job according to his standard of what really needed to be done. No extra charge. That's professionalism above and beyond. Master Tech and Russ Bartlett are highly recommended by me !!

Description of Work
I've used Master Tech and Russ Bartlett several times since moving to the Pocatello area and am totally satisfied with the service provided by this company and Russ as a individual. Very professionally done on every occasion which included my Water Softener, my Forced Air Furnace and a bad drainage system which took considerable work due to root invasion, but was still included in the original estimate. I couldn't be any more pleased and would recommend Master Tech and Russ Bartlett for any of your problems.

Category water heater repair

Thanks [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your business!

Re-Bath of Idaho

Re-Bath is the Nation's Largest Bathroom Remodeler. Since 1978, we have continued to offer customers only the best bathroom remodeling experience. Whether it's a Tub/Shower Update, Aging and Accessibility Solutions, or Complete Bathroom Remodeling, it starts with Re-Bath.

Spokane Stone Creations, LLC.

We provide Home Renovations at the best price around! You can choose from a variety of stone including Granite, Quartz, Marble and Tile. Our use of cutting-edge technology saves time for us and money for you, to make your dream kitchen or bathroom happen faster then any competition. Let us have the chance to earn your business by including us in your bidding process. When you see how affordable we are, we're certain you will agree that Spokane Stone Creations is the best choice for your project!

Right Now Heating, Air Conditioning & Plumbing

We are a family owned business with more than 36 years of industry experience. We provide a fully staffed full time training facility for continued education for the more than 90 employees that make up the Right Now team. Right Now Heating & Air protects each of its customers from any potential negative experience with an employee by requiring each employee to follow an industry Code of Ethics and Competency Guide which can be viewed on our web site at www.RightNowHeatCool.com. We provide professionally trained technicians with fully stocked trucks to make the repair as quickly as possible. We are so confident in our technician's abilities, that if your not 100% satisfied with the repair we will refund your money. For ease of convenience for method of payment we accept cash, check, credit card, and with an on staff finance manager we can assist in financing your repair or replacement quickly and easily from your home with approved credit. Mailing address is 212 Evans St Caldwell, ID 83605. Additional phone numbers are 208-939-4475, 208-739-9810, 208-369-9288, 208-735-8400, 208-242-3236

Idaho PLB-C-11434 and HVC-C-2719
    State of Idaho
    12/31/2019

Water Heater Service & Repair, Plumbing Services & Repairs, Water Softeners, Kitchen Remodeling, Bathroom Remodeling, Tile Contractor