Campbell's Quality Exteriors

Founded 1982 • With Angi since July 2010

4.3

Campbell's Quality Exteriors is a specialty contractor business owned by Reuben and Kim Wilson. Our showroom is located on the west side of Idaho Falls. Campbell's employs six 6 employees. Campbell's is licensed, insured, and bonded. Our installers are licensed and insured sub-contractors. Campbell's offers in-house financing. Payment terms are net 10 days (installed jobs) and due on receipt (resale). Campbell's accepts credit cards (Visa, Mastercard & Discover). Campbell's is an active member of the Idaho AGC (Association of General Contractors) and Better Business Bureau. Do-it-yourselfers welcome! Additional DBA - Windy River Investments Inc....

HomePro

We understand that every project is unique and requires delicate handling. We do our best to make your project go as smoothly as possible.

Offers by HomePro on Angi
Broken Arrow Fencing

We are a family owned fencing construction business. Let us make your fencing desires become a reality. We specialize in barbed wire, pipe, continuous, buckrail, wood post and much more!

Big Dog Exteriors, Inc

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Roofing services, we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

10/25/2017

Excellent jobs, both times. I would definitely hire them again or highly recommend them to friends. Window replacement for entire house was about $3,000 and fencing a large back yard was about $4,000.

Description of Work
Campbell's completed two jobs for me. They installed a vinyl fence and at another time replaced windows.

Category fencing,replacement windows

07/03/2017

They worked quickly and did excellent work.

Description of Work
They installed new siding on my house.

Category siding

06/20/2017

Terrible! They never even bothered to call me back with an estimate or let me know they didn't want to do the work or anything. I even called the office and talked to the receptionist about it and they still never called me back. Terrible customer service!

Description of Work
Had them come out for an estimate for some siding work and replacement windows on my home.

Category siding,replacement windows

06/20/2017

Terrible. They couldn't bother calling me back with a bid or to tell me they didn't want to do the job.

Description of Work
Had them come out for a bid on siding work and window replacement. They never called me back. I called the office (twice) and they said they would have him call me with the bid. He never called. Terrible customer service. Would not recommend them ever.

Category siding

06/17/2017

The person I spoke with was not interested in helping us out being we live in Hamer which isn't any further for them to drive then Rexburg. It was upsetting to say the least. He was rude and obviously didn't want our business

Description of Work
Needed a vinyl fence repaired

Category fencing,siding

Campbell's Quality Exteriors has been in business for over 36 years. We are extremely busy and we have the right to screen our jobs. We get 4 to [Member Information Removed] requests daily and we do not have the time, or the man power, to get to everybody and for that, we are truly sorry. But that does not make us a bad company and we definitely do not deserve a negative write-up on Angie's list. ...

10/19/2015

Service and product was top notch in every regard. I would definitely e this company again.

Description of Work
Installed a four foot vinyl back yard fence.

Category fencing contractor","siding contractor

08/06/2015

READ ABOVE COMMENTS.

Description of Work
First visit was very good. Service was good. Second visit was scheduled to pick up additional material that I called in. I spoke with the manager, who took my information and needs because his wife was not in yet. it was 8:30am. He assured me that his wife would return my call to let me know when I could pick up the required material. She never did , so I called as it was getting close to the time that I needed an answer. in order to begin work. She answered the phone at around 10:30am. She knew nothing about my call or need. I was surprised as I thought that my request had been relayed. I made the remark, "Its hard to get good help these days". She took offense and informed me that that was her husband that I was talking about. Then followed up with the excuse that she had a doctor's appointment that morning and had just arrived at 9:30am. She then remarked that she did not know why I was so upset. I never replied to that remark. She then wanted the details plus phone number, I replied that I had already given all the info to her husband, she cut me off and said she would get said info from him and call me back.- I never was called back and never will be. My time is just as valuable as hers. I WAS NOT RUDE, though I could have been. I will get my materials elsewhere from now on . Life is too short to deal with such people. Campbells will not get anymore of my business and I will tell all my associates of my experience there.

07/25/2014

July 23, 2014 I am writing this because I have been very displeased with the service I received from Campbell’s Quality Exteriors. We have several rental properties and have spent literally thousands of dollars upgrading them with siding and roofing materials and products from Campbell’s. For many years, we received great customer service but I feel this great customer service no longer exists. Recently, I was preparing to sell one of our rental homes. I wanted to have two doorframes and molding wrapped with sheet metal. It had been a while since we upgraded any properties. Since I had been a loyal customer, I called Campbell’s to see about getting the work done. I was told they were very busy and it would be several weeks before they could fit me into their schedule. Obviously, I did not want to wait several weeks and said that perhaps my husband would be able to wrap the doorframes. I inquired about the sheet metal coil for the wrap and found that if I was willing to use a remnant left over from a prior job I would not need to purchase a whole coil. On June 24th I went into Campbell’s and found a satisfactory piece (in gray) at a fair price and paid $28.41 for it. I soon realize my husband was too busy to wrap the door frames, I decided to paint them white. I was planning to return the remnant coil piece but before I returned it I found someone else to do the work. I liked the look of the doors with the white paint and decided to select white instead of using the gray for the wrap. He came the same day, used his materials and installed the wrap. A couple hours later, the work was complete. Now that was great customer service. l went to Campbell’s on July 17th to return the remnant piece of coil. I explained that I would not need it since my husband was not able do the work and I had someone else to do the wrap. Kim, the owner/secretary was extremely reluctant to do a return for the coil and said that she would need to ask Reuben (her husband). She said that since they had given us a good price on the remnant and because someone that was not one of their installers did the work, so she couldn’t take the return, she continued to say she would need to ask Reuben. I felt surprised she couldn't make a $28 return decision. After all, we have spent so much money with them and planned to continue purchasing products. In frustration I said, “That is fine, ask Reuben, and if there is a problem I will come back to get it”. I explained that I would have liked to use someone from Campbell’s, but their schedule was several weeks out before the work could be completed. She again stated that since we had someone else do the job she would have to ask Reuben. It was at this point that I said, “never mind, I will keep the coil” and I left. I felt to get this kind of customer service over $28. was absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I will never inconvenience them again and I would not recommend them. Customer service is not their strength, and in my opinion, if you don’t have good customer service you don’t have much.

Description of Work
Campbell's sold me a remnant piece of sheet metal coil to wrap two exterior door frames for $28.41. They were unable to perform the work in a timely manner. I ultimately hired someone else to install the wrap. He installed the wrap the same day and he used his own coil. We have spent thousands of dollars over the past 15 years with this company. Until recently we have been pleased with their service. A few years ago this company was sold to new owners. It seemed to me that soon after that time the level of customer service began to change. Then a recent negative experience convinced me to write this review. It is a shame that is the result of a $28 transaction.

02/27/2014

All was ordered in a timely manner. Installed when scheduled and in timely manner. Also to our satisfaction.

Description of Work
Installed new windows through out the house as well as a new patio door.

10/07/2013

The estimated start was mid-August, that actual start was the end of August. The work on the deck didn't start on time, but that was to be expected when dealing with construction projects. Since they were working on another project. When they can actually start your project depends upon what problems occur on the project that they are working. Problems means delays. In fact while working on our deck, a problem was found with some of the joists, which meant they had to be replaced. That meant it would take longer to complete. Which meant that the next job in the queue would be delayed. The deck is a two tier deck with the lower deck having some privacy screening and many deck boards needing angle cuts, so it was not a simple deck job. The person doing the job knew is stuff and did the work as though it was his own house. The quality was outstanding. The railing, the privacy screening looks great. He made two benches, one attached, and one we could move. They come out great and match so well with the deck, because he used both the Fiberon and the vinyl that was used on the railing and posts. We knew that we wanted to add an automatic awning in the future . Since it would not be attached to the house, we researched what the attachment requirements would be and discussed it with Campbell's staff. They determined we needed some higher posts and support structure at the top. We did this prior to signing the contract. If you are planning to do other things in the future, be sure to discuss this with them. Campbell's did our roof several years ago. We selected a metal roof that looks like shingles. But we found that in the spring, when the snow starts to melt, large chunks would come down. Two years ago, we asked them about snow guards. They did some research and talked with the manufacturer and came up with what we could use. We had them add some about the garage. The first year they worked great - we had no snow. Last year one came off, which allowed some of the some to come down. But the rest worked. They replaced the one that came off and we had more installed along the front of the house. We obviously like the work Campbell's does because we have had them do so much. In fact we will probably have some more work for them next year.

Description of Work
The is last time Campbell's replaced the decking on an existing redwood deck with Fiberon. and added more snow guards to the roof. In past years we have them do the roof, windows, siding, and fence.

Category deck company","fencing contractor","roofer","siding contractor","window installer

Siding, Roofing, Windows, Fencing, Patios, Doors, Snow Removal, Decks & Porches, Remodeling - Sunrooms & Patio Enclosures.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing