Core Construction

Founded 2008 • With Angi since February 2016

Hayden, ID 83835

We are a family owned and operated business providing a wide array of home building and maintenance services. Flooring, decks, interior and exterior painting, rot repair, siding installation, complete roof replacement and repair, remodeling, installations, and much, much more.

10/15/2019

Phil M.

Core / Stacy was on time and worked in a professional manner. He cleaned up after each segment of the job and finished quickly. We really liked his work and this was a good experience.

Description of Work
Needed to remove a load-bearing wall in the kitchen and install a Glue-Lam-Beam. All of this job was permitted.

Category drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

11/07/2017

cindy D.

Stacy is an honest straight-forward person to deal with. The roof was a difficult job and there was a lot of water damage. He explained the repair options clearly so I knew exactly what I was getting into and he took pictures of the damage. He and his crew were always professional, always answered my calls, and showed up on time every day (weather permitting) until the job was done. They cleaned up every night and consulted with me regarding where to store materials and equipment. I will be using him again this winter to repair some interior water damage.

Description of Work
We replaced our shingled roof with a metal one. The roof is exceptionally steep and there was a lot of water damage.

Category handyman service, roofing

07/31/2017

Beth B.

Did not go

Description of Work
Did not use them....price too high

Category handyman service, house painters, interior painters

Hi [Member Name Removed], we're sorry you feel our prices are too high but we don't show we've ever given you an estimate for anything. Are you sure you have the correct company?

07/06/2017

Heather P.

Stacy was great to work with. Very responsive and punctual and the work that was done looks great!

Description of Work
House Painted Deck railing rebuilt Window trim replaced

Category decks, pressure washing, house painters

05/26/2017

Julie H.

My mom needed her gutters cleaned and Stacy promptly called back and setup the date to come clean them out. They found some shingles and roofing issues that needed to get fixed as well as adding an additional downspout for the gutters (they have one for the whole house). We appreciated that he recommended them being fixed to make sure the roof doesn't leak.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category gutter cleaning

05/02/2017

Michael K.

Staci came and found I had purchased the wrong door. He gladly came back after I returned it and got the right door. Within an hour he was almost completely done with just some tweaking left to do. The new door is solid, plumb, closes nicely and is very well insulated. Staci's knowledge and character are evident every time we have him do a job.

Description of Work
Replace the front entry door.

Category handyman service

04/21/2017

Lamar M.

Excellently. Stacey did a great job and took care with detail. He was prompt, neat, and conscientious. We are very happy with the results of his work.

Description of Work
replaced a small kitchen window with one double in size.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, woodworking

03/31/2017

Doneda A.

It was great. Stacy was very professional, did an excellent job, left it clean and tidy when done. I will definitely hire him to do other projects for me. In fact he has done other projects and has always completed them on time, professionally, and his costs are very reasonable. He is certainly my "go-to" guy for all projects needed around my home.

Description of Work
Core Construction painted the inside of my condominium --- all rooms and ceilings.

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

01/29/2017

David C.

Stacy was prompt, courteous and did a good job of communicating. Designed the project and provided plans and got appropriate permits. Workmanship was excellent, he and his team are craftsmen and do a superb job. Overall an excellent value for the work. The estimate was higher than we had anticipated (that's why we gave a B rather than an A), but we were happy that we went ahead with the project and thrilled with the result. Others might have been slightly less expensive, but I'm sure that we wouldn't have gotten the quality workmanship that we got on this project. The bottom line is value for the cost paid...and we got that, for sure. Really dressed up the house!! Would definitely recommend Core Construction.

Description of Work
Replace metal awnings with permanent wooden structures with rusted corrugated roofing as accent to cedar-sided home.

Category decks, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking

12/20/2016

Jared Z.

The construction went very well - everything was done to a high standard, in a timely manner, and at reasonable cost compared to competitors. I would highly recommend them for renovating your home and would definitely consider employing them again for future projects.

Description of Work
I need a new set of custom stairs going down a steep slope, a new deck railing, and a new set of stairs connecting the deck to the ground. This stairwell included a cover underneath to protect firewood and a gutter to collect water runoff.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

12/13/2016

Donna S.

The overall quality and responsiveness was outstanding! The workers were skilled and prompt. I would gladly hire them again!

Description of Work
Roof replacement and interior room drywall replacement.

Category drywall, handyman service, roofing

10/04/2016

Tammy M.

We have not had work done yet waiting for insurance from builder. I will have Core do the work. Stacey has been very helpful and always followed through.

Description of Work
Crawl space reconstruction

Category contractors

09/09/2016

Les A.

Stacy Carlon (Core Construction) has been to our home several times over the past two years. He has always been precisely on time, is polite and respectful, and he has succeeded in doing many projects around our home. These projects include fixing doors that wouldn't close properly, fixing my chest of drawers, assembling an intricate dollhouse for our granddaughter, fixing kitchen cabinets, re-attaching our mail box, repairing a small European carousel, and repairing a broken garage door. In fact, we haven't given him a challenge that he hasn't met. His prices are fair and his work is excellent. We will hire him in the future for sure.

Category handyman service

09/04/2016

Gina R.

Description of Work
I knew that Stacy was the one to go with when he actually answered the phone and returned calls - such a simple task but apparently something most companies don't seem to bother with anymore. After 5 months of trying to find someone who could replace the roof on my house following the 2015 hailstorm, Stacy got on it in more than just a timely manner. He was quick, courteous, had a reasonable price, and completed the job as promised in 4 days. His references praised him so I will join them as I'm writing this. Thanks you, Stacy & crew.

Category house painters

09/02/2016

mike L.

Great

Description of Work
Paint house

Category house painters

07/08/2016

Amy W.

I had carpet removed and wood floors installed which left big holes in my wall in the stairwell. A friend tried to fix it and did a pretty good job until he put the texture on. It was awful but Stacey fixed it. He had to sand, etc because it was painted. It looks great!! I was told I would have drywall dust everywhere when I got home but he had it taped off with plastic and no dust anywhere!! He also installed some dimmers, and a ceiling fan. Extremely nice, honest, good people! I would recommend to anyone (and have). Price was very fair, and work was top notch.

Description of Work
They fixed a mess of a drywall job in my stairwell, installed some dimmers, and installed a ceiling fan.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service

06/23/2016

Dorothy M.

Stacy is an excellent, skilled contractor. He ALWAYS shows up when he says he will. His work is excellent. He is pleasant and easy to work with. Our condo association has been using him for the last three years and we have been extremely satisfied with his work.

Description of Work
Replaced outdoor steps, fencing, painted exterior, replaced toilet.

Category contractors, decks, gutter cleaning, handyman service, remodeling, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters

06/22/2016

Jared H.

I've used Stacy at Core for several projects over the last year to include painting and staining the exterior of my personal residence, installation of landscape lighting, and repairs to the deck and interior drywall at my rental. He has made excellent recommendations, helped in determining what will look good and be the best quality for the price. He is a great communicator and does excellent work. I've recommended Core Construction to several people and will continue to do so.

Description of Work
Pressure washing, deck repair, deck rail installation, staining, painting, electrical and sheet rock repair

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Carol S.

Workers were here when they said they would be. They worked smartly around the rainy weather. Each day they cleaned up where necessary and when the project was complete they cleaned gutters. I was very pleased with their professionalism and would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Shingles were replaced and necessary repairs were made. This was a large project since it is a duplex. There were several valleys that needed extra work. He pulled off all the shingles, repaired and replaced some damaged plywood.

Joe D.

I hired Core Construction to replace shattered glass railings on two large decks. In the process he discovered that on corner of the two decks was four inches lower than the rest of the deck due to a rotting beam. Core Construction jacked up both decks [one above the other] replaced the rotted beam, poured new footings, replaced corner posts, painted all replaced lumber, and then replaced the glass panel railings with cable railings. Their work was absolutely first class, they were reliable, always on site on time, and they cleaned up their mess and debris at the end of each day. I was totally pleased with the work, their work ethic, and professionalism. I would strongly recommend Core Construction for any work on a home. Additionally, I watched them reroof my neighbor's house, paint the house and add rock wall siding to the lower level. It all looked great. Stacey Carlson, owner of Core Construction, is a man of his word and his is integrity beyond reproach.

Description of Work
Provider leveled two decks, replaced rotted beam, poured new footings installed, replaced new corner posts and installed cable railings on both decks [one above the other]. They also removed glass from former railings, and painted newly installed deck beams, posts and railings.

Category decks, woodworking

scott B.

Stacy Carlon was even hired by our neighbor to repair their damage from the November 2015 wind storm. They saw that Stacy is very timely and takes pride in his work. He does what he says he is going to do at a very fair price. His customer service is second to none other in North Idaho. Photos are taken of the job for owner inspection/approval and to illustrate the quality of workmanship he provides.

Description of Work
Cultured stone install with grout to match preexisting. Hardy plank installation. New shingles with weatherproofing of nearly half of roof. Powerwashed and restained entire deck. Powerwashed and restained cedar shake siding. Retrimmed front door with stained cedar and grouted to match preexisting.

Category decks, gutter cleaning, handyman service, roofing, siding, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters