Cody’s Appliance Repair

Founded 1990 • With Angi since December 2007

1117 E Plaza Dr Ste C

Eagle, ID 83616

Cody's Appliance Repair is a local, family owned & operated business, serving its customers for all repairs of major household appliances, gas and electric, in manufacturer's warranty and out. Our technicians are factory trained and certified on almost all major brands, so you can be sure our technicians are experienced and knowledgeable about your product. We are licensed and insured for your protection and drug and background screened for your safety and security....

12/08/2021

Melissa R.

They did a Great job fixing the washer but was terrible working with my insurance company. They were hired on by my Incurance company but did not communicate at at all to see if the issue was covered by my insurance. When it was not They asked for the money weeks after the repair was done with out quoting it with us before hand. Ever since I have had to mediate between them and the insurance company which is ridiculous.

Description of Work
Leaking washer

Category appliance repair

This is your second public review. The outcome of your first review is that you paid ZERO for the repair and got a working washer (see mention below), and you go out and write ANOTHER 1-star review? Wow. just wow. Let's discuss your repair. We have parted ways with this insurance company over this claim as we are sick and tired of big, faceless conglomerates taking advantage of their clients and their service providers. We had a monetary cap so that we can make repairs quickly for our customers without sitting on hold for hours getting an okay to do work. You needed a bleach dispenser. Simple enough. It's a functional part and within our contractual boundaries. We replaced the beach dispenser. The insurance company denied the claim after the repairs were done saying it was not a covered item on the policy. The decision from this point is we either remove the part and you are back to where you were when you first made the call for the repair or you pay for the repair out of pocket or buy new. No harm, no foul. Please tell me just how are we the villains here? How is it we deserve a 1-star review because we were denied payment by YOUR insurance company? My staff sat on hold for literally hours trying to get this claim paid for you. We bought and paid for YOUR part. We paid OUR technician to do the work. And your reply is that we can either come get the part before 7:00 am or after 5:00 pm, meaning we will need to pay our technician to work either before work hours or after work hours because you are feeling put out. My guys work a long, hard day each and every day. I am not a monster to demand that of my team. So our response is you keep the part; you get a free repair. Yeah for you. What we get is to lose money on the part, lose money on paying our technician for the repair, and we lose money on lost hours for our staff spinning their wheels for you to get your repair covered. Oh, and a couple public complaints about how horrible we are. And a very Merry Christmas to you.

10/01/2018

Blair C.

The technician was right on time, found the problem quickly and replaced a fan that evidently was an essential part of this system. I liked their promptness, courtesy, and efficiency. The only thing that bothered me was the cost. It just seemed awfully high.

Description of Work
The freezer in our refrigerator quit working.

Category appliance repair

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our company. We are very happy that you found us prompt, courteous, knowledgeable and had the replacement part right in our truck inventory for an immediate repair. No one wants to have their fridge down, waiting for the parts to arrive. We know your time is valuable. We have also provided a one-year warranty on the labor performed and a three-year warranty on the parts provided, which is unparalleled in our community. We stand behind our work and will be there if there is a future failure on this unit. My apologies that you did not find that we gave you good value for your dollars spent and hope that in the future, we might be given another opportunity to prove our worth by giving you continued outstanding service, courtesy and professionalism.

08/06/2018

Mike W.

The folks I spoke to on the phone were always very pleasant and it was easy to make appointments. The service technicians arrived within the appointment window and were very pleasant. We were having a problem with the dishwasher leaking from under the door .On his arrival the technician stated that this type of a problem was often hard to repair. He worked on the dishwasher for a while and it appeared that the problem was solved. The next day we noticed leakage in the same area again. As Cody’s offers a 90 day warrantee on their work we called them back. Again the folks on the phone were very accommodating and arrangements were made for a return visit. Again the technician arrived within the appointment window and worked on the leak again. He also stated that there were several things that could be causing the problem some of which would require a considerable amount of repair. Again when he left the dishwasher was not leaking. The next day when it was run it again leaked. I made another call to Cody’s and the folks on the phone were very easy to work with. This time there were two technicians who spent quite a bit of time trying to determine why the unit was leaking. They felt that there were several parts that were not performing correctly and until they were replaced they could not get the unit to stop leaking. They also gave me a preliminary estimate of the costs for the repairs. At no time did I feel any pressure to make the repairs. We decided the best solution in the long run was to replace the dishwasher. Bottom line we would have Cody’s Appliance Repair back when we need something fixed.

Description of Work
Repair leaking dishwasher

Category appliance repair

Dear [Member Name Removed], Thank you so very much for your review, in great detail, showing that there is so very much more to our business than arriving at the home, repairing the item, collecting payment and going on our way. We are a company that is absolutely there for our customers and stand behind our work when we experience the unexpected. We believe that is the mark of a great company; that they honor their commitments to their customers! We thank you for posting a review where it was absolutely not a slam-dunk repair but, in the end, you were satisfied with the service provided. We truly appreciate your support by posting this review on AL.

07/11/2018

Jane D.

Our refrigerator was not working. Adam C diagnosed the situation and broke the news, very nicely, that our 18-year-old unit needed to be replaced. He spent nearly an hour sharing his experience and knowledge of the refrigerators currently on the market. The next day we had another question, and he emailed us right back. In the end, we bought the unit he suggested and we are very happy. On a final note, we have used Cody's for all of our appliance repairs for more than five years. They have always been reliable, affordable, and professional.

Description of Work
Refrigerator evaluation

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your lovely review! We truly appreciate your taking the time to post your experience with our company for BBB members to see and your recommendation that our company is one they can trust with their in-home appliance repair needs. It was a pleasure to have been of service to you these many years!

04/24/2018

Barbara S.

Assessed what was wrong with the dryer, had the parts on the truck to make the repair. All together I think he was here 1-1/2 hours.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your review of our company. So glad we hard parts at-the-ready for a quick repair. We appreciate your support!

11/22/2017

Michael D.

I called Cody and was told they would have a technician in my area the next day. Cody arrived on time as planned. He found the freezer drain was frozen and blocked with ice. He immediately opened the area, heated and removed the blockage. Repair was accomplished very quickly. I was relieved it would not be a costly repair. we have used Cody on several other occasions and found them to be knowledgeable, honest and reasonably priced. We highly recommend them. Thank you Cody for your continued excellent service.

Description of Work
Maytag refrigerator/freeze was leaking water from freezer door. Ice build up blocking drain.

Category appliance repair

Thank you so very much for your review. We truly appreciate your support by posting this public review for AL members to see.

09/28/2017

steve G.

They cleaned the vent in May and all seemed fine. In August my son noticed the drying vent exhaust was not connected. When I called and ask Codi about it they wanted $90 to fix it. I say I should have gotten some consideration

Description of Work
Dryer Vent Cleaned

Category appliance repair

Hello. 5 months after our cleaning, we were called back to the home. We found your vent had ben crushed behind the dryer. We replaced the vent material at no charge to you. Thinking that is consideration for your circumstances. Had we crushed the material at the time of repair, you would have noticed a problem right away. I hope this answers your concerns.

06/12/2017

Kevin R.

Great, on time, awesome jacket, Cody is ruggedly handsome.

Description of Work
Fixed my dryer

Category appliance repair

Why, thank you, [Member Name Removed]. I will pass on the compliment to the boss. I think he is ruggedly handsome, too, and I have the benefit of waking up to that awesomeness everyday!!

02/22/2017

cheri L.

First off I want to say that I think Cody's is a good appliance repair company even though my experience did not start out well. Ian arrived on time. Ian confirmed that yes the control panel needed to be replaced. However, he did not have a control panel and would need to order one, which is fine. Then, he said that it would be $399 for the panel and installation. I did not remember it being so expensive the last time I had it replaced (not under warranty) so I declined to have him order and install it. He did not offer to explain the pricing and I did not ask for an explanation. I then paid him $89 for confirmation that the control panel did not work. I was unhappy with my experience and so went online to price the control panel which I could get for as little as $115. Youtube videos and postings reported that it was about a 10 to 15 minute job. This estimate seems reasonable based on watching Ian take apart the front panel of my dishwasher. I then responded to a survey Cody's sent me in which I spelled out my disappointment in their service in no uncertain terms. Within hours I was called by a representative of the company. She explained the pricing for the control panel and the pricing for labor. The part was more expensive then what I found online but they do guarantee the part so I am okay with that part of the quote now. The labor was still an issue...it is over $200 for a 15 minute job. Cody's convinced me that they would review their labor pricing model for that type of job. They then went on to refund the $89 I paid for Ian to tell me what I had already said the problem was. Thank you Cody's for being a respectable company.

Description of Work
I have a Maytag dishwasher that has a control panel that goes out every year and a half or so. I called Cody's and told them the control panel needed to be replaced. They sent Ian out to repair my dishwasher.

Category appliance repair

We try everyday to be the best-of-the-best, but every once in awhile we hit a snag. I know my general manager went over our cost of doing business, the type of parts that we buy (only from specific, verified sources), as control boards, especially, are tricky business, and our unmatched warranty for our repairs. That said, we refunded your money because we genuinely want you to be happy in the end. We hope you found a satisfactory solution to your problem.

11/22/2016

Kevin R.

Fine, Cody was wearing a smart "Cody's Appliances" patch that matched the logo on the vehicle.

Description of Work
Dryer needed new heater

Category appliance repair

Thank you. We think it's a smart logo, too -- a letter C or a bolt? It is in the eye of the beholder. We think we are so clever . . . :) We appreciate you taking the time to post a favorable review.

JRS Plumbing

JRS Plumbing was established in October of 2012. However, owner Jim has been working in the plumbing industry since 1996. He has been a journeyman plumber since 2000, specializing in plumbing for custom home construction jobs, remodels and small commercial jobs. He is familiar with all aspects of the plumbing trade and has worked in a supply house and as a commercial estimator. With almost 20 years experience, Jim is your top plumber in Treasure Valley! With service throughout the entire Treasure Valley including Boise, Garden City, Nampa, Caldwell, Star, Eagle, Emmett, Kuna, and Meridian - we will be there to help you with your plumbing concerns. Additional phone: 208-231-1780

Beacon Plumbing

Since 1998, Beacon Plumbing has been providing excellent service and has now expanded its service area into Treasure Valley. Beacon specializes in providing emergency service, seven days a week. There is no job too big, or too small. We provide upfront pricing, fast, clean, professional, and customer satisfaction guaranteed. Stop Freakin...Call Beacon for your appointment today!

A+ Draincleaning and Plumbing LLC.

A+ Drain Cleaning and Plumbing was created for everyone to afford with low overhead and great customer service and knowlegde of plumbing. A+ plus offers great pricing along with qualified technicians to solve you problems. We offer FREE ESTIMATES AND NO OVERTIME CHARGES OR WEEKEND FEES. Pricing is given before we start the job with no hidden fees. A+ does not use subcontractors. All work is done in house to assure that all work is done correctly. Serving the treasure valley

Service fee waived if repairs made.
    Check, Visa, MasterCard
    $10

Major appliance repair, electric and gas appliances, refrigerator condenser coils, water filters and appliance check-ups, hookups & repair.

Small appliances, heating and cooling systems, RV appliance repair.