Same Day Electric

Founded 2002 • With Angi since May 2008

4.3

4299 W Chinden Blvd

Boise, ID 83714

Additional phones - (208) 938-9905, (208) 466-3278....

10/05/2016

Artie D.

Great - the electrician was friendly and professional. And he came over within 2 hours after my call!

Description of Work
Bedroom lights wouldn't come on. All the wall switches' wiring needed replacement.

05/20/2016

Rachel A.

It was fantastic! It was such a great experience. The receptionist was super friendly and was able to schedule me within 7 days of my call. She assured me the tasks I was wanting a bid on were common jobs for their electricians. She gave me a range of time that the electrician would arrive (mine was 8-10 AM). The receptionist then called me the day before they were due to come to my home to remind me and told me they had some spare time and could come a day early if I would like. I wasn't available when they could come so we kept our previous appointment. The Same Day Electric electrician (mine was Chris M.) showed up right at 8AM. We walked through the jobs I wanted done and then he noticed that I had an indoor light in a box next to all my outdoor lights and offered to install that for me as well. I had forgotten to mention it when I initially called but he assured me that it wouldn't be a problem at all and he was happy to do it while he was there. The bid itself was $1000. He walked me through the bid and explained everything he was going to do. The price of the bid was good when compared to other bids we had received. It was about $200 cheaper then the general contractor we had talked with and his bid didn't include the indoor light installation. It was more than an electrician we talked to, but he had quoted us $675 only to install the two front garage lights- nothing else. I love the fact Chris did all the work that day and was done by lunch. I didn't have to find another day for him to come back. He had everything he needed in his van. Totally polite, friendly guy! Cleaned up all the areas he had worked and got rid of all the old fixtures. He also walked me through all the work prior to payment and made sure I was happy. I would definitely recommend Same Day Electric and would request Chris M. if we have more work that needed to be done! Thanks so much to Angie's List for the recommendation!!!!

Description of Work
The electrician removed a lamp post in the front yard and capped off the wires, added two new outdoor lights to the front of our garage including running new wiring to the areas and cutting the holes for placement, replaced 3 outdoor lights that were already present on the house with matching fixtures, replaced an indoor entry light fixture and changed out the indoor switch for the new configuration for the outdoor lights.

Category electrician,lighting

08/01/2015

Sherry M.

Pleasant office staff. Scheduled next day appointment. Electrician arrived on time. Chris was professional, knowledgeable and courteous. He was tolerant of my dogs and worked efficiently. I am very pleased with the completed project.

Description of Work
Relocated electrical outlet from inside garage to outside to enable outdoor weather resistant access. Replaced protective covers on outdoor outlets.

06/09/2015

irene P.

very well. the technician was very professional. He diagnosed the problem in minutes, and fix the problem quickly.

Description of Work
fix a short

06/05/2014

Dean H.

Service man arrived within time frame specified. Was very professional in discussing details of the job. Removed old fan and installed new unit. Indicated he set the thermostat on the fun to turn on at 89 degrees. Said that the fan would be quiet enough so you were likely not to hear it running. Completed job in little over an hour. Recommended that the plumbing exhaust pipes should have the boots replaced. They would likely start to leak. Probably a good idea. They might not have been replaced in 40 years.

Description of Work
Repaired attic fan.

11/13/2012

KAYE F.

COST TO RESET CFI BREAKER $705.05 The three outlets in the dining room quit working. After switching the main circuit breakers on and off and checking the CFI outlets in the house, I called the company and explained the problem. I believe the electrical found the problem quickly. A CFI breaker in the kitchen tripped. (I missed checking that one) The CFI breaker was installed two years ago. With out asking or discussing cost he replaced the breaker because “it was nearing the end of its life span” for a cost of $438.00. The cost of a “single circuit” diagnosis was $198.00. total bill - 705.05

Description of Work
Unnecessarily replaced CFI breaker without asking or discussing cost

Category electrician

According to our records, you were only charged $205.75. Perhaps looking at your paperwork the 2 looks like a 7 and your credit card was only charged $205.75. Possibly because your review was done 6 months later you couldnt remember exactly what took place. We did go through the entire circuit that was causing you a probem, we were able to restore power and after further investigation find what was causing the circuit to trip your gfi. The replaced gfi was included in the troubleshoot. Very sorry you were not happy with the service. I would be happy to send you a copy of the paperwork showing what was truely done and the true cost so you can update your review if you like. Since we discuss all pricing ahead of time there is two areas on our work orders, one for the customer to sign saying that we have discussed the price and go ahead with the job and a 2nd signature saying all work is completed to your satisfaction. Both lines were signed by you. We appreciate reviews and feedback but would love to help you get your facts straight. Thank you.

07/19/2012

Patricia F.

I signed up for Angie's List. Found Same Day Electric on the list and called them. The phone representative was very nice and professional. An appointment was scheduled and they called just before the electrician was to arrive at our home. He troubleshooted and diagnosed the problem then made the repairs. It was all taken care of within an hour. I definitely would recommend this company.

Description of Work
The phone representative and electrician were very professional. We had minor repairs that needed done and they were completed within an hour.

02/29/2012

Troy M.

I had a breaker or something go out and a group of staff couldn’t figure out exactly what it was and we had to have them come out and do some troubleshooting of some electronics. They ended up not having to replace anything due to my inexperience with not knowing exactly what it was. What it was I actually had some stuff that had applied into an outside outlet that was connected to an inside outlet. Water was getting into an extension cord that I had plugged into it, and it tripped the breaker. That’s what he explained to me after he looked at it. It was moisture that was getting into this other thing which kept tripping the breaker. I got rid of the problem just by getting rid of the extension cord on the outside. He was able to troubleshoot that for me and he didn’t have to replace anything. I had to pay a slight rate to have him come out and troubleshoot everything. He looked around and noticed that I had my outside lamppost light was not on a dedicated circuit. It was tied in with other things. So, he went ahead and put in a dedicated circuit for that and he didn’t charge me. It just took a few minutes for him to do that. The guy went above and beyond. He took care of the problem I originally had him come out for and then took upon himself to make sure that there were no other electrical problems. When he did discover a potential problem, he went in and took care of that. Their price is pretty fair.

Description of Work
I used Same Day Electric for electrical work to troubleshoot some electrical problem I was having with an outlet.

08/13/2008

Morgan P.

I asked for estimates on 3 separate pieces of work. All were high, two were outrageous (actually one of those two he didn't even want to do), so I didn't have them done (install a light w/switch and run two 25' runs of coax and cat 5 cable (all to and from the same place)). The third--a simple quad outlet installation--I needed done asap, so I agreed to the estimate. The electrician did decent (box was installed a little crooked) work and was done in about 20 minutes. I went with Same Day Electric after calling two other local electricians (from Angie's List) and receiving ZERO response from either (I was told by both that I'd receive a call back to set up an appointment). I was not disappointed in the work that was performed, but I definitely paid a premium to get it done. Apparently since other electricians are turning down work and these guys are able to get paid a large premium on simple work, the economy is not that bad. If I need immediate response in the future, I will use Same Day Electric again, but otherwise I can't afford it and will attempt to use someone else.

Description of Work
Installation of quad outlet.

05/22/2008

Cheryl F.

Went okay. Eric arrived promptly. Initially quoted about $100 for what was a very simple procedure (just needed to know which wires to disconnect). Got approval for charging $50. Very pleasant throughout process. Job was done as needed. Afterwards we asked for an off-the-cuff estimate on putting in an external plug-in (unrelated project). The job was very simple but there is a base price, I recognize, just for traveling to location so feel okay with the price.

Description of Work
Needed to make sure a built in dishwasher was properly disconnected prior to discarding; older house. Called electrician for same day service.

Ram construction and renovations

We provide high quality construction and remodeling projects

Rendon Construction Inc.

Rendon Construction, Inc. has over 28 years of experience in full home renovations, room additions, new home builds, kitchen and bathroom remodels, outside living spaces, and custom BBQ islands. Let our team work with you to help design your remodel. With extensive experience along with the latest 3D design software, we can help turn your visions into reality. We are dedicated to every detail of your project, whether it be a bathroom remodel, kitchen remodel, or new home build, we guarantee the results you expect. We provide trouble-free concierge services where we guide you through every step of the design aspect of your remodel, taking the fear out of the process. We are a full turnkey remodeling/construction company, handling every aspect from design to completion. By focusing on every aspect of your project, we can identify any unforeseen obstacles and avoid any unnecessary delays and added costs to you, turning your project from an okay experience into a great experience.

Christensen Custom Cabinetry

We are a full-service custom woodworking shop, offering packages that start with production-grade cabinets and end wherever your imagination takes you. From budget-conscious kitchen remodels to heirloom-quality creations, we can do it all. We are an owner-operated shop with every piece meticulously built and installed by hand.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check, Discover, Financing Available

Installation, replacement & repair breaker panel, power outages, switches, fuse, attic fans, ceiling fans, interior, outdoor & security lighting, exhaust fans, trouble shooting, circuits, anything electrical in your home or business