Idaho Reroof & Repair Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2007

9570 Lahontan Dr

Boise, ID 83709

Idaho Reroof & Repair is a full service residential roofing company. Chris is a third generation roofing contractor from the Treasure Valley. We provide our customers with the manufactures material warranty and our written workmanship warranties on completion. Owens Corning Preferred Contractor - Lowe's roofing contractor. Call us for a Quote today or visit our web site at www.boiseroofing.net or www.idahoreroof.com. Additional DBA - Idaho Reroofing & Repair Inc....

07/28/2017

Richard H.

Chris and his team did a great job. The roof was replaced with a minimum of inconvenience and mess, and work was completed quickly. The roof looks great from the street and up-close, it has a very neat and tidy finish. Very pleased with the result.

Description of Work
The old roof was removed and replaced with Pabco shingles.

11/05/2016

Ed S.

The company does not rush what they do because they feel they need to get it done right. At the beginning there were some nailing gun glitches that made us uneasy because it wasn't following instructions for a total protection roof warranty but once the nailing gun was replaced all marched well. We are well satisfied with the result of our new roof.

Description of Work
Replaced a standard roof of 33 squares

12/23/2014

Larry C.

Well, luckily last week we had alltime record rainfalls for a couple days in a row, which was the perfect test. No leaks where it always used to do so. So the work was done right,

Description of Work
Pulled off lower three rows of old shingles on both sides of an inside corner, maybe 15" total length, then put down waterproof layer, made new metal gutter, and reroofed.

12/23/2014

Joanne K.

I am very pleased with them. Chris returned my calls promptly and was thorough and professional. They worked with my schedule and were super nice. When a window screen got damaged during shingle removal, they fixed it immediately with no fuss. Chris invited me up a ladder, well secure, to inspect the damage from the old roof, and was informative about options. They did a great job working with all the valleys and oddities of my roof, including taking down an old smoke stack and repairing the hole. Chris came back to check on my roof after it was installed and did an inspection. He then made sure that some minor paint touch ups were done. They cleaned up so well that I haven't found any debris any where. The house looks fantastic now and I feel much better about its overall structure.

Description of Work
I had a leak. After a thorough and careful inspection, it was clear that the roof needed to be replaced. They removed two layers of shingles, the old drip edge, and some rotten sheets of wood. When the roof was off, the damage and need to replace was clear. They installed a new roof and drip edge as well as new vents and otherwise brought the roof up to code. They also worked well with the gutter installers so it all went smoothly. They cleaned up so well that the yard looked way better than before they came.

09/06/2014

boyd M.

Job was done on time, at the estimated cost, by a good crew and looks good. Chris was great to work with.

Description of Work
reroof house due to hail damage

07/19/2014

diana K.

Other than a small miscommunication (which was cleared up the next day), service was prompt, professional, and quick. The job was small, so other roofing companies never bothered to call us back, even though it was a pretty serious issue (water leaking, possible mold, possible animal nests). They arrived early, around 7:00am and got right to work. I was at home the entire time, and while I could hear some hammering and whatnot, it wasn't loud enough to even bother my kid while he was sleeping. It was incredibly hot out, yet their services didn't seem to suffer. the entire job took about a half-day, they were gone around noon.

Description of Work
Replaced the roofing over the outdoor stairwell entrance to our basement

04/18/2014

C B.

March brought the severe winds that blew off some of our roof's shingles. We asked Idaho Reroof and Repair for bids on 1) repairing the roof and 2) re-shingling over the existing shingles and 3) tearing off the existing shingles and re-shingling. Since our shingles were almost 25 years old and we wanted to 'do right' by our house, we went ahead with a tear-off and re-shingle. Our bid cost was for 30-year architectural laminated fiberglass shingles from Pabco. The work was done with a 4-man team and took 2 days--1 for the tear-off, a few repairs and new underlayment, and 1 day for the full re-shingling. We were told full re-roofing could be done in 1 day, but for us there was a delay with the delivery of the shingle bundles which spread the work to the second day. "Doing it right" is the first phrase I want to highlight about the work Idaho Reroof and Repair did for us. At each step of the process, they paid attention to the details and what the roof required (whether expected or not), they implemented. We were kept in the loop and asked about decisions as the work progressed. The second description I want to pass along is "Integrity Counts". From the initial "look-see" about the roof, to the estimate, to answering questions, to the work, to clean-up, to follow-up.....the team embodied that work ethic. So sure, read about the other Angie's List businesses and descriptions of high bids/low bids or details of what goes into putting a new roof on a house. But know that this business is 3rd generation and lives what honorability and craftsmanship used to be like years ago.

Description of Work
Tore off old shingles and re-roofed with new shingles.

12/29/2013

Aaron G.

The work was preformed promptly and the product is high quality. The work crew was profesional and very respectful. Chris made himself available for all my questions and concerns and delivered the high quality work product he outlined in the estimate. I will use Idaho Reroof & Repair for any future roofing needs.

Description of Work
Replaced gravel tar roof with asphalt shingle roof.

12/21/2013

Jonathan B.

Chris and his crew adhered to the highest professional standards. They came on time, worked hard, were courteous and concerned about our needs, and did a great job. When problem arose, they worked things out, often going the extra mile. I recommend them without reservation.

Description of Work
They replaced our metal roof.

08/15/2013

Pamela L.

Coordinated all remedial work necessary for his placement of a membrane type roof. The original roof over that section of the house had been improperly installed by our build contractor. Idaho Reroof was asked to evaluate and repair the problematic section of roofing. As indicated by the price there was a significant amount of repair due to the extensive water damage. The damage was repaired and a better roofing method was employed. The work was done over three years ago and has performed flawlessly. The work was done in a timely and professional manner. The job site was cleaned up daily and disruption to us was negligible. Without hesitation, I would recommend Idaho Reroof as a quality provider.

Description of Work
Provided reroofing services for a flat section of failed roof.

07/10/2013

Richard W.

The roof on our house was leaking and way past due for a replacement. It had two courses of shingles on it. The first course was put on in the early 60s and second in the 80s. When the second course was installed, the installers did not inspect the quality of the sheeting under the shingles which was in very poor condition. We were starting to have leaks in the roof and did not want major damage to the house. The replace all the sheeting on the house and the patio and new shingles and membrane on the patio. Very happy with the work and would recommend this company to everyone needing any roofing done.

Description of Work
The roof was replaced including the OSB sheeting and shingles.

06/20/2013

Gerald M.

When it came time to choose someone to re-reroof our home, I'm glad that Angieslist.com provided me with some excellent choices. The final choice was a bit hard to make, but my wife and I are completely happy with our choice and the quality of the work that Idaho Reroof and Repair did. Chris was the only person who looked up in our attic to view the underside of our sheeting for possible damage he could have spotted right a way. I have to say that IR&R was not the cheapest bid we received, nor the most expensive, but I went with him based on the thoroughness of his initial visit. I had to be out of town during the work, but my wife said the crew was very professional, prompt and courteous. They cleaned up their work completely, and the whole job was done within 3 days. Our home looks so much better now. Chris even threw in some extra wind protection strip at no cost. It will be nice to rest easy when the high winds in our area blow, as I know I won't have to go out and replace shingles that blow away from an original roof job done poorly. Highly recommend Idaho Reroof and Repair!!

Description of Work
With an original roof poorly installed by others and only half way through its lifespan, IR&R completely re-roofed our home with a much better shingle product.

05/31/2013

Martha A.

Chris and his crew were very professional. They provided the exact services that they promised, were courteous and considerate, and did a great job of cleaning up the job site at the end of each work day. The company that delivered the roofing materials cracked our driveway, but Chris worked with that company to make sure repairs were made to the driveway in a timely manner. We had solar tubes installed at the same time the roof was done, and Chris coordinated well with that company. I would recommend this roofing company without reservation.

Description of Work
Replaced our wood shingle roof with a high quality composite product.

03/21/2013

John J.

When we called Chris, he came out the same day to diagnose our problem, which was a leak in the valley where our garage roof meets the house roof, and sent us a bid the same day. His diagnosis was more comprehensive than another roofer we had called and his solution more appropriate. His bid also was less than 1/4 of what the other roofer wanted, so it was a no-brainer to hire Chris for this job. Chris got us scheduled as promised within a week and showed up on time with an experienced employee to do the work. It was completed efficiently and professionally. When the roofer left, everything was neat and tidy. And when the invoice arrived, it was for $50 LESS than the bid! We are entirely satisfied with this experience and already have recommended Chris to a friend who needs work done on his roof.

Description of Work
Idaho Reroof and Repair fixed a leak over our garage.

03/16/2013

William W.

I found Paul to be professional, prompt, and reliable. Paul was one of three roofing contractors I contacted. He was the only one who offered to present his bid in person. He explained all the details of the bid - he explained what materials he would use, he brought samples of the materials he recommended and explained the cost differences and durability of all samples. He explained the whole process of the job and the time frame he would need including start and end times for each day and for the entire job. Paul patiently answered my questions and offered his cell phone number and said to call him anytime if I had any other questions. I feel confident recommending Paul to anyone who is looking for a caring professional who delivers what he promises.

Description of Work
Tore off and replaced the whole roof

01/02/2013

James L.

These guys were great from the bid to finishing the work. They were the only ones who climbed into the attic to inspect the damage during the bid process. The arrived on time, not only for the bid but to do the work. They finished it in one day, cleaned everything up. They were also very respectful of the fact that I work out of my home, which I appreciated.

Description of Work
IR&R fixed my leaking roof. The original builder did not use the proper materials on the low slope section of the roof and water had accumulated in sections and found pathways through the roof. They removed the existing roofing and replaced it with the right material (on a very cold day!)

12/03/2012

Janet M.

Chris was prompt on coming out and giving me a bid (written and verbal) within 24 hours. They were always on time and finished the job when expected. They cleaned up the yard and left no debris or garbage laying around. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed our roof replaced.

09/18/2012

irene P.

It was a very good experience. Chris kept me informed as to when they would deliver the supplies and when they would be there to install. His crew did a beautiful job. they were very professional and cleaned up everything after the job. The roof looks wonderful!

Description of Work
They installed new shingles over my existing shingles.

09/10/2012

Daryl A.

Excelllent...... quick and professional throughout.

Description of Work
complete rereroof of shop and garage, about 2500 square feet, and adding 8 roof vents.

05/22/2012

Allan Y.

Chris and his crew arrived when they said they would and worked 10 hours a day, including Saturday, until the job was done. The company did a great job and got it done in 4 days. They were very professional, and we were pleased with the results. They also did a great job of cleaning up after the job was complete.

Description of Work
Idaho Reroofing and repair replaced the roof on our house, which had been cedar shakes, with a roofing material specified by our HOA. Our home has a complex roof design with many angles, ridges and valleys, so there was a lot of labor required. The roof covered approximately 3500 square feet of surface area.

10/01/2011

Anthony S.

Provided timely quote, answered all questions promptly, conducted personal review of work conditions and Owners concerns regarding tight access, protection of garden area and plants around home, submitted insurance certificates before work, arrived when they said they would and cleaned up each night after work was done for the day. Crew was polite, hardworking and professional. Worked late one night to make sure roof was "dried in" and rain tight for the night. Chris personally inspected the work before and during, pointed out issues and solutions and made sure special protection was provided where needed, (garden area particularly). Recommended color of tile and discussed same with owner and wife to their satisfaction. When I expressed concern about the depth of insulation around certain areas, Chris made sure that I was informed when area was open and could be inspected, in case I wanted to add additional insulation. They did some extra work on flashing that gave the job a more professional complete appearance and did not charge for the extra, although they could have. Access around home and on street was tight and the crew was attentive to the needs of neighbors regarding traffic congestion and kept restrictions to a minimum, making sure to advise all involved if there was to be a particular tight restriction and for how long. Material delivery to the roof with conveyor belt from road, for example, was carried out quickly with minimal lane restriction on the road. Likewise debris removal did not disrupt any normal traffic activities. Clean up each day was exceptional, no nails or other debris left in lawn, used a magnet board to catch small metal items that were not caught by tarps. Took special care to clear attic spaces of any roof material that fell thru. They did an excellent job and I would not hesitate to use Idaho Reroofing again.

Description of Work
Quote to replace existing roofing on residential home. Remove cedar shake roofing, install roof sheating underlayer, install 15# felt and Asphalt Shingle roofing system, complete with all new edging and flashing replacements, and new vents. Roofing area was approximately 2,700 square feet, included garage area, main gable roof with 7 on 12 pitch, included one gable dormer and one shed roof over alcove and one bow window requiring select cutting of shingles to fit, with 5 different transition zones each requiring roof to wall flashing. Gutter clean out and debris clean up. All permits and disposal fees included

09/07/2011

Claire A.

Very good experience. Chris was very responsive throughout. He and all his workers were very courteous and professional. They cleaned up thoroughly. They were punctual and efficient. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Reroofed over existing roofing with Owens Corning Oakridge shingles. Installed standard hip and ridge cap. Replaced plumbing and J flashings with new ones. Installed ten new metal attic vents.

09/07/2011

Janet M.

Great company to work with. From the very first call they were very customer service oriented and kept their appointments as scheduled. They were always available to answer questions. The crew showed up on time every day and were a fun bunch and very professional. After the project was finished they cleaned up my yard so there was no sign that they had been here. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Description of Work
They put new shingles on our home.

08/29/2011

Gary N.

Contractor was on time & accomplished his work in a very professional manner.

Description of Work
Contractor removed old shingles, roof vents & underlayment. Replaced with new shingles, roof vents, underlayment .

05/05/2011

Wade T.

The contractor came to the house to give us a bid within a day of when we called him. He gave us an estimate then (going over the details of what would need to be done) and then emailed us a professional bid the next day. They started taking off the old layers of roofing on a Monday, stayed very late to get the paper down in case of rain, and began the actual roofing the next day. They were meticulous and very professional in all the work. The work took three days from start to finish, which was what we were told would happen. They answered any questions we had as we asked them, and took great care in not creating havoc as they worked.

Description of Work
The work was done very professionally and in a timely manner. They had to take off three layers of roof prior to reroofing; lots of hard work which they did cheerfully. My new roof is beautiful! The workers were fastidious in cleaning up after themselves....in fact, my flower beds and yard and around the perimeter of my house are cleaner now than when they started the roofing project! I would recommend this company to anyone who wants a new roof or a roof repaired.