Mid States Carpenters Group Corporation

Founded 2005 • With Angi since March 2013

We can give you a copy of this as well, insurance

2009 Nature Trail

Winterset, IA 50273

FOR QUICKEST RESPONSE TIME, EMAIL OR MESSAGE US! -- 4x Super Service Award Winner, specializing in construction services such as Remodeling, Painting, Carpentry, Roofing, Decks/Porches, and Stucco. Our work ethic is simple, we concentrate on quality. We cannot offer cheap prices and quality, and I do not wish to do poor work. We also believe in taking care of everything you need. For example: I don't hire out my gutter work, we do it the right way, we handle everything including the rotted boards that may be underneath your old gutters, for example. We would prefer to paint our own siding, because I like to use good paint that makes our siding last! If you want cabinets or other woodworking, we finish the work so you don't have to set up a painter, and we install it. Those are good examples of how we handle a project. Also, it's simple to one stop shop with us, it's just easier! We wear all the hats that you will need on any project. As well, I'm the owner, and I'll be there to make sure everything is done the way it's supposed to be done, not what is necessarily the quickest or easiest method. Give us a call today for all of your construction needs! ...

general contractors (24)woodworking (20)interior painting (14)house painting (12)decks & porches (12)roofing (10)gutter repair (9)siding companies (7)deck cleaning (5)handyman (5)pressure washing (4)cabinet makers (4)

02/18/2021

construction great, took longer than expected

Description of Work
demo old garage

Category custom cabinets,garage builders

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

11/25/2020

Awful. He misread the floor plans and quoted me “$50-$60,000” for a 1,300 sq ft deck. However after much back and forth he finally realized it was only 348 sq ft. That must have upset “Judd.” The conversation ended with a sarcastic tone and a ballpark quote for $30,000——-for a 348 sq foot deck..... if I were you, I would RUN! Unless of course he does decking made from solid gold.

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category decks

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

Wow, we were just trying to help you with a rough number, this is so inaccurate from the text message, i can't even respond. I'm sorry we could not get you the numbers you wanted. If others are reading this, please look at our other reviews and ask us for references, we are happy to pass them along.

07/03/2020

We were very pleased with the work Judd and his crew did for us!! During our estimate Judd informed us that our shingles had melted to the roof due to no venting. He is an expert in venting since taking classes and being certified. He offered us a very good deal which included the new venting we needed. We also purchased the extended warranty which provides materials and labor at 100% Judd is very...

Description of Work
New roof and added venting

Category roofing,garage builders

Work Completed On 07/03/2020

05/27/2020

The workers were competent, skilled, respectful and kind, and the remodeling project was completed in a professional manner. On the surface, it sounds simple to move appliances from the basement to a first floor location, but it required permits, planning, and careful execution. When looking into the ventilation for the dryer, the workers discovered that work completed years ago by another contrac...

Description of Work
I needed to move a washer and dryer from a basement location to a new bedroom location on the first floor of the home. This work required remodeling of the bedroom and running new electrical, water and gas lines and ventilation for the washer and dryer. Some carpentry work was completed to design, build and install a work table for folding laundry.

Category remodeling,woodworking

Work Completed On 01/24/2020

Review for Mid States Carpenters Group Corporation - 2009 Nature Trail, Winterset, IA - 38596920

12/18/2018

I was very pleased with the work Judd Penny and his crew did on our house. His assessment of problems included addressing original construction flaws as well as fixing more recent inadequate roof repair work done by another contractor. Judd's familiarity with and appreciation of old house "character" was evident when he first came over to look at the job and weighed heavily in the decision to choo...

Description of Work
Repair/restore front porch of 1915 house and roofing house/garage

Category contractors,concrete repair,decks,excavators,roofing,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

Review for Mid States Carpenters Group Corporation - 2009 Nature Trail, Winterset, IA - 37618204

07/18/2018

Judd did a great job! The rooms look awesome. Good attention to detail, no mistakes and cleaned up after job was done.

Description of Work
Painting of walls and ceiling in kitchen and living room.

Category interior painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

03/11/2018

The entire project went smoothly. Judd Penny was involved every step of the way and made sure my floor was up to code and safe as well as appealing.

Description of Work
Sub-floor needed reinforcement and replaced

Category contractors,concrete repair,flooring contractor,woodworking

Work Completed On 06/08/2017

12/21/2017

Judd and team did a great job of working with me to complete this job. We discussed the project in detail to determine what needed to be complete by him, and what I might could do on my own. I am very happy with the work he performed. He was also careful to ensure the removal of the old header was not as destructive as it could have been. For example, in my case, the walls were built in a way that...

Description of Work
Mid-States replaced a garage door header that was damaged by water.

Category contractors,handyman service,garage builders,woodworking

Work Completed On 12/16/2017

12/18/2017

Very well. They did a great job and they were on time and efficient.

Description of Work
Painting the living room

Category contractors

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

07/26/2017

Our project went well. Our deck looks so nice and the paint jobIs perfect. Judd has great suggestions and also listens very well to what you’re wanting to accomplish with your project. I would highly recommend his service. He won’t let you down.

Description of Work
Home exterior painted and deck remodel. Everything looks great. Better than new.

Category decks,siding,deck cleaning,pressure washing,woodworking,house painters

Work Completed On 07/26/2017

Review for Mid States Carpenters Group Corporation - 2009 Nature Trail, Winterset, IA - 36809976

We offer a great deal of construction services.

Check, PayPal