Chris's Handyman Services

Founded 2000 • With Angi since September 2011

2022 Jefferson St

Waterloo, IA 50702

At Chris's Handyman Services we work on your home like its our own home. We give senior and veteran discounts. We also have free estimates

02/11/2019

Sue D.

Chris showed up on time and finished quickly. He was pleasant and professional. He's going to scrape it again tomorrow morning and the next time it snows 2" or more. We are very satisfied with his work and the price.

Description of Work
Snow scraped off our driveway (big fat driveway), front and back porches, and the walks between.

Category handyman service, snow removal

12/15/2017

Brooks H.

We are trying to line up services for my Mom and Chris has been extremely responsive and wanting to work out the best service for us.

Description of Work
Snow removal

Category snow removal

05/10/2017

Isaac C.

I called Chris's Handyman Service a few weeks ago. When I first called the line was busy. I waited a minute and called back. It rang, went to voicemail, but the voicemail was full so I couldn't leave a message. I was finally able to leave a message a couple of days later and Chris called me back the following day and left a voicemail. Unfortunately I was out of town and I couldn't get back to him until the next week. When I got back we finally got in touch and I informed Chris what I needed done. He gave me a great price for cleaning my gutters and informed me he needed to see my property to estimate the landscaping. He said he could be out May 2nd at 11:00. I said that would be great and was excited about getting this work done. May 2nd comes and 11:00 no one has come. I called after 12 to see what the problem was and left a message. No response. I called the following day, no answer. I read about Chris having back surgery in the past in one of the reviews so I was hoping that he didn't get injured or something else happened. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and called again and left a message. No response to this day. Very, very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and landscaping

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, lawn service, mulch

05/09/2017

Madeline A.

They took a little longer than I originally anticipated, but did a good job. They communicated with me on why things were taking longer, so I was aware of what was happening the whole time. I appreciate them being honest with me and working around my family's schedule.

Description of Work
They put up a shelf, closed off a doorway, removed paneling, and installed beadboard.

10/10/2016

Donald U.

Was here on time and did the job good.

Description of Work
Fall yard cleaning.

09/04/2016

Sandra L.

Description of Work
The men that Chris sent were very knowledgeable and helpful. The price was reasonable and Chris called afterward to ask if I was satisfied with the work that had been done. I will definitely use his services again.

03/24/2016

Sharon and Steve S.

The guy that came out was rude to me. He did not properly fix the job and he also did not clean up after himself.

Description of Work
plumbing

Category plumbing

I don't normal dispute things but the owners here have had many contractors out to do work on this issue and everyone has had the same issue. They have had the toilet replaced 10 times and no one was rude and everything was cleaned up afterwards The lady put a bad remark on here before and told me she would take the review off if I came out again, she took it off and I disnt go back out so now her husband put a bad review up I haven't been paid for the work that was performed

03/04/2016

Robert W.

Workman arrived when scheduled, did the work, courteous and professional. Cleaned up debris afterwards.

Description of Work
painted one room, repaired damage to plaster wall.

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering, interior painters

11/04/2015

Donald U.

One area that is difficult to use a riding lawn mower needed a tad bit of extra work.

Description of Work
Clean yard for fall. Have five large trees.

09/15/2015

Cynthia K.

I needed my gutters cleaned and I called Chris. He came over and gave me a reasonable estimate and my gutters were done that very same day. The gentleman who did the gutters did an excellent job. I will call Chris's Handyman Service the next time I need anything done.

Description of Work
clean gutters

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

01/06/2015

Jan D.

Chris interviews very well. Was excited to get projects done around the house. Doesn't hire competent workers. Have had a door replaced. Paid for it on 10/26/2014, took two weeks for them to get started on replacement. It is now 1/6/2015 and it still isn't done. Have had people here to "look" at it numerous times. Has promised multiple discounts, but I just want it done. *To be fair, Chris did injure his back and was laid up, but since he subs the work out......

Description of Work
painting, mowing, carpentry, snow removal, replaced door.

Category contractors, handyman service, lawn service, snow removal, woodworking, interior painters, doors

10/29/2014

Robert B.

Went with a different vendor.

Description of Work
Did not respond.

10/02/2014

Cathy K.

Very well. He came the same week. Cleaned up well and told us what to expect long term . He is a very cordial person.

Description of Work
repaired wall cracks.

Category drywall, handyman service

08/19/2014

Judy S.

Excellent. I don't have to worry that when I ask him about something it will get done and done well. The guys he has working for him are all polite and courteous. I have no problem calling him whenever I have an issue or need something new done. My married friends are all jealous.

Description of Work
Chris has done handyman work around my house, plowed my driveway in the winter and mows my lawn in the summer. He is very responsive whenever I call him and calls me from time to time to see how his contractors are doing.

07/28/2014

april P.

Description of Work
Chris has been completing jobs at our rental properties. He has painted,trimmed trees, done landscaping projects, replaced a water heater and other misc things. He is always professional and completes jobs in a reasonable amount of time. His prices are very reasonable as well. I would highly recommend Chris's Handyman Service!

Category handyman service, landscaping, plumbing

06/04/2014

Stefanie S.

Chris and his workers have done many different maintenance services for my 3 rental properties. He has always been professional and courteous to my tenants and is very trustworthy. We have been using his services for many things from yard work to a whole bathroom remodel. We will continue to use CHMS for as long as he is a available. Highly recommended!

Description of Work

Category handyman service, lawn service, home remodeling

04/21/2014

Thomas L.

IT WENT GREAT! Chris showed up on time as scheduled completed the work quickly and professionaly, cleaned up the work area and left!

Description of Work
Moved patio furniture back out of the garage, pressure washed the furniture and installed 2x4 dimensional shading slats back on top of the pergola.

03/28/2014

Trish S.

They were pleasant and professional. They did the job within a couple of days and their price was really cheap; it was $300 for both bedrooms.

Description of Work
Chris's Handyman Services painted two bedrooms.

Category interior painters

03/22/2014

Judd M.

Chris is very nice and has a mostly flexible schedule. He was able to come on Saturdays to get 3 doors installed. All the work that we agreed was complete and the quality was good. He really does spend a lot of time making sure everything was level and secured. Our only complaint was on punctuality, Chris does tend to run a little late, but he will call if something comes up. Overall, our experience was pleasant and we would use him again.

Description of Work
Installation of 2 storm doors and one exterior door.

Category handyman service, doors

01/30/2014

Annette O.

We purchased a new stand alone oven. Chris removed a platform previously installed for our old slide-in oven. He also trimmed a quarter inch off the counter edge. Chris did a great job and we would definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Removal of a platform previously installed for our old slide-in oven. Trimmed quarter inch off the counter edge.

10/14/2013

Thomas L.

Excellent, Chris is a nice guy to work with competent, quick, responsive, willing to do whatever is needed to be done. Very professional. Kept us appraised of his time of arrival. There was a schedule problem, but he kept us informed and beat his rescheduled time of arrival. We really appreciated his effort!

Description of Work
Removed and pressure washed lattice work off the patio pergola, moved patio furniture to the gararge, trimmed hedges around patio, winterized the patio.

Category handyman service, deck cleaning

04/15/2013

Charley "Chuck" A.

He's been real easy to work with and so far everything has been good. He's informative, friendly, and personable.

Description of Work
Chris' Handyman Services is rebuilding our studio right now.

Category remodeling

08/16/2012

Stefanie S.

Chris have been working as our Handyman for 2 years now and has done multiple jobs for our company. He is always very professional and willing to accomidate our needs and time frames.

Description of Work

Category drywall, picture framing, handyman service, landscaping, mulch, snow removal, interior painters, doors, floor cleaning

08/02/2012

Sharon M.

I am really disappointed as this is my first time using angies list.

Description of Work
No one ever responded to email I sent. There was no work date but I had to put one any way. The service provider asked for an email so I emailed and told them the exact issue and no one ever contacted me. I am so disappointed in this guy and Angie's list as this was so hyped up on the commercials I have seen and now I see first hand how reliable these people are. Will have to look around for my own contractor.

Category drywall, plastering

There was an email sent back in response to the email sent to Chris's Handyman Services stating we did not do work in that town.

11/03/2011

Christoph G.

Chris was on time, responsive, communicative and an overall excellent contractor. He did everything he said he would, an did it ahead of schedule. I have some additional work I will need him to do, and I will have no issues calling him back to do it. I have used several contractors in the Cedar Valley, and he is the only one I would recommend to friends.

Description of Work
I had Chris come down and help finish up some remodeling that I couldn't complete due to surgeries. He finished up framing, drywalling and getting the roughing out done.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, garage builders, basement remodeling

Iowa junk removal and clean up services

We offer fast and friendly junk removal, power washing, and gutter cleaning services. We will take anything you need to get rid off; appliances, furniture, yard waste, demolition projects, etc. We also offer power washing for houses/buildings, vehicles/boats, fences, concrete, etc. Locally owned and operated. Let us do the hard work!

Dedicated Electric

Residential, Agricultural, and Commercial Electrician Master Electrician Owner/Operator 7 years of Experience Fully Licensed and Insured

Superior Pros, LLC

Superior Pros, LLC. is a locally owned and operated Drywall/ Painting/ Siding/Windows & Doors contractor working to keep Iowa fresh and colorful. We serve residential and commercial clients with a commitment to consistently delivering the highest quality services at fair competitive prices. We only use the best tools and materials and employ the best the industry has to offer. Every member of our team has a proven track record of excellence and experience and knows how to utilize tried and true techniques to produce innovative styles and unparalleled quality. Painting is an art and your space is a canvas full of potential. We love helping our clients bring new life to the space that surrounds them.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available