Outdoor Concepts

With Angi since March 2012

P.O. Box 7506

Urbandale, IA 50323

Outdoor Concepts is Des Moines' premier landscape design and installation. Our theme is simple: Enjoy your yard! When working with you, the customer, it is our number one goal that you will indeed enjoy your yard. We offer the most eye catching landscaping designs, and can work with any budget. Whether your needs are complex or simple, Outdoor Concepts can do it all. We have the experience necessary to get your yard the way you want it. We take pride in the fact that we are locally owned and operated. Some of the services that we provide are: • Retaining Walls • Paver Patios • Fire Places and Pits • Outdoor Living Kits • Outdoor Bars • Tree & Shrub Planting • Design & Installation Why wait, call today to set up an appointment and enjoy your yard!...

06/30/2017

Deborah K.

Excellent job. Joey provided a very timely estimate. Billed amount matched the estimated amount. Employees were professional, courteous and cleaned up after themselves every day. Foreman talked to me everyday of on sight work to assure the work was as expected, to assure all my questions were answered and to ask if anything additional needed to be done. After the job was finished, clean up was complete and grass seed was put down where needed. I have nothing negative to say about working with Joey and his team. The retaining wall looks amazing. The compliments are already pouring in. Without hesitation, I would definitely hire this team again.

Description of Work
142' retaining wall to line driveway and replace old railroad ties.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

06/23/2017

Don S.

Delivered as promised and on time. Joey was very professional, and the project looks great.

Description of Work
Installation of Decorative Pavers.

11/14/2016

Megan D.

Outdoor concepts was great and got the job done quickly. They problem solved existing site conditions while keeping with our aesthetic goals. We would definitely hire them again for any landscaping projects.

Description of Work
New patio with pavers and rock area.

05/30/2016

BRADLEY S.

I was very happy with the service I received. I had a large concrete retaining wall that collapsed entirely in places, and was leaning dangerously in other places. The wall was very long, wrapping around 2 full sides of my garage, and a portion of a 3rd side, and about 5 feet tall in some places, made up of large interlocking concrete blocks. It was an expensive and time-consuming job since the entire wall needed to be torn down and rebuilt completely. Outdoor Concepts came in with the lowest estimate, so I decided to use them and I'm very glad I did. The crew worked non-stop for about 5 days to get the job done. They were always on time, worked very hard, and kept me up to date on the project so there were no surprises. The finished product looks great, i wasn't charged a dime over the estimate, and I know the wall was built right this time. Would definitely recommend these guys and use them again.

Description of Work
Rebuilt a large concrete block retaining wall.

Category landscaping,hardscaping

05/12/2016

John H.

They have done excellent work for me. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They do general lawn maintenance for me twice a year. They weed, mulch, and generally maintain my yard in the spring. In the fall they gather the leaves and trim the trees (dead brances etc.).

Category landscaping,lawn service,leaf removal,mulch

07/15/2014

Beth W.

We purchased two trees; they delivered and planted.

Description of Work
Outdoor Products delivered and planted two trees that we bought from them (after much discussion and consideration of our needs and yard, with staff0. The workers had to be creative in figuring out how to get the heavy trees over a landscaped area and into place; they did a great job.

06/12/2014

patricia A.

Joey was friendly and professional during the estimate. His bid was competitive with the other two. He and his crew showed up at 7:00 am each of the 3 days it took them to complete the work. The work was completed in 2 1/2 days actually, yard was cleaned up and all is better than we expected! We have asked him to come out and do another bid on the tree/retaining wall on other side of the house.

Description of Work
Built a retaining wall along back of fence which backs to a wooded area where ground was eroding. Level sinking back yard by bringing in dirt and packing it down and then raking in grass seed. Pulled out old 2x8s which were used as a border in front entry along sidewalk and flower beds and installed a brick retaining wall

Category lawn service

09/26/2013

Lorinda R.

Outdoor Concepts was prompt in returning calls, on-time for appointments and providing a concept and estimate for the work. The crew showed up on time, were professional in appearance and manner, and did excellent work. The owner inspected the work daily and made sure I was happy upon completion of the project.

Description of Work
Created a beautiful walk-way from garage through the front yard to the front entrance.

02/15/2013

diane C.

I had a very good experience with them. They just came at the spur of the moment and they did a good job. They were reliable and they were nice.

Description of Work
'Outdoor Concepts Landscaping' helped us for ploughing.

03/13/2012

Sandra S.

The owner is Joey Griesel. He was responsive. He did not get upset in making changes. He had suggestions, he had ideas. He and his crew came to work. He brought in his two gentlemen who were here all day, putting in stone, and digging and stuff like that. Other than taking a drink break or lunch they worked they did not stop. When they had to do the back yard they had to haul and dispose a whole lot of dirt and throw it away. . They had to use a wheel barrow because we could not bring in a front load or anything. They did not complain even once that I saw. They were just phenomenal with their work. The work that I thought would take three days, took one day and they cleaned up everything that they brought in. I don't know if these guys do it on their own but when they left at the end of the day you could barely tell that they were there other than that they cleaned up and the rest of the yard looked like junk. They did everything right. They have a phenomenal group of guys. I highly rate them for anybody who wants landscaping done. He was very reasonably priced. If he ran into a problem he would tell you his problem like he had mistakenly priced the stone and the stone was now this price and not what he had initially estimated and asked me if I would help him. I told him to charge me the difference. He had to borrow a couple of tools because it was easier for them to borrow mine than go and get them and they cleaned them off and put them back. I will use them again.

Description of Work
Last year we hired Outdoor Concepts. They landscaped our front yard with rocks and stone around our flower beds, put in a French drain, did a whole bunch of work in our back yard. He leveled and sloped the land so that the water would drain off correctly. He replanted a bunch of our plants, he planted some plants that we brought.

Baldwin Earth Creations

Baldwin Earth Creations - We have multiple years of dirt moving and grading experience. Continuously striving to provide the highest quality product that leaves our customers are more than satisfied!

Supreme Lawn & Landscape Inc

Local family owned & operated. Quality work at a fair price. Owner has been in landscape industry since 1990. We strive to make sure each customer is completed satisfied with the completed project.

lees land managment

We strive to provide the best quality service for our clients. Lees Land Management provides a wide range of Serivices.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

We specialize in hardscape services: including all types of retaining walls, paver patios, seat walls, fireplaces, and fire pits.