Schroer and Sons Home Improvement

02/12/2022

8:00 AM - 5:00 AM

1881 Fernow Road

Marion, IA 52302

Super Service Award Winner 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016! Schroer and Sons Home Improvement is licensed and insured with over 30 years experience and offers free estimates. They specialize in remodels, additions, kitchens, bathrooms, garages and decks....

garage building (37)home remodeling (19)decks & porches (11)door installation (8)flooring (7)tile installation (7)drywall (6)woodworking (4)siding companies (4)general contractors (4)patio enclosures (3)handyman (3)

05/16/2019

This team was fantastic! Punctual, friendly, clean, no loud music or cursing etc. Couldn't be happier with the work that they did and how communicative Jason was. A++ would use again.

Description of Work
Teardown of old deck, build of new deck with 2 platforms including encasing a hot tub

Category decks,garage builders

Work Completed On 05/16/2019

05/13/2019

The floors and deck look great and John was great with communication through the entire process.

Description of Work
Foyer and kitchen flooring tile work and a deck install.

Category ceramic tile,decks

04/19/2019

It didn't go. The voicemail messages that I left (2) were never returned. Pretty sad business practice and unfortunately I've experienced that with several other "professionals" that I've tried to contact recently.

Description of Work
Handyman Projects

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

Sorry we just dropped the ball.

10/13/2018

They were very nice. Did everything like we wanted. Only problem we had was one towel rack was quarter inch off. Otherwise everything was excellent.

Description of Work
Bathroom completed

Category drywall,flooring contractor,remodeling,garage builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

08/10/2018

Schedule an appointment to receive a quote for a bathroom remodel. Contractor missed the appointment but did leave a voice message to apologize for missing it. I called back to let him know other times and days that would work for us to reschedule and never heard back from him. Contacted the business to ask if someone else could come out to provide a quote and never heard back from them either.

Description of Work
Quote for a Bathroom Remodel

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/10/2018

06/26/2018

I've used Schroer and Sons for numerous projects large and small. We have a house that is nearly 100 years old and can present challenges. I have always been completely satisfied with the quality of the work and their professionalism. Definitely my first call contractor.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel- new durock, tile walls and tub surround, new tile floor, drywall on the ceiling, shower fan install. Mike did an excellent job and I will call them again when it comes time to do the upper portion of the bathroom.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,flooring contractor,garage builders,home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/14/2018

09/05/2017

Glenn and Sue were very responsive and willing to discuss possible build options based on their experience and prior designs that we had seen. They also helped us when unforeseen changes had to be made, and did a good job finding solutions to those issues. The contractors they hired did a good job and willing to work with us to make it exactly how we wanted it. The process was very transparent, an...

Description of Work
We were looking to add an attached 3rd car stall to our existing garage.

Work Completed On 06/04/2017

08/01/2017

Great job - workshop was built to my husband's design and used windows that were salvaged (15 pane). Location was a challenge as backyard is not easily accessible. Would highly recommend this provider.

Description of Work
Built a backyard workshop

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

04/25/2017

The deck project I envisioned was going to cost more than I was willing to spend, I can't thank Glenn enough for his professionalism, the time he spent researching new product, explaining the challenges and quick responses to my questions & concerns. I will be contacting them for future projects.

Description of Work
2nd floor deck resurface.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

09/26/2016

Super job, I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I reviewed these wonderful contractors several years ago after they built my porch. Haven't had any opportunity to call them since.

Category contractors,ceramic tile,egress windows,flooring contractor,picture framing,garage builders,woodworking,ceiling fans

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

remodels, additions, kitchens, bathrooms, garages, decks, home repairs