Kohles & Bach Heating Cooling & Fireplaces

Founded 1945 • With Angi since March 2011

Started in 1945 by Fred Kohles, Kohles & Bach Heating & Cooling has proudly served the Des Moines area for more than 65 years. Their rich history of excellent customer service was further built upon when Rick Bach became an owner in 1980, helping the company in cultivating an even greater reputation with residents and businesses in the area. The team at Kohles & Bach pride themselves on several outstanding facets of their business: • Sales and installation of high-efficiency Lennox equipment • High-quality residential new construction • Installation and annual maintenance of fireplaces • Sales and installation of geothermal systems • Capability to serve many planned maintenance agreement customers Some other products and services we offer are: • 24 Hour emergency service • Heating Contracting • Air Conditioning Contracting • Boilers • Furnaces • Fireplaces • Geothermal • In floor heat • Service of all makes and models Kohles & Bach carries an impressively high quality product line, including Lennox furnaces and air conditioners, WaterFurnace geothermal units, and Heatilator fireplaces among others. It is said that history repeats itself, so it would be no surprise to see Kohles & Bach caring for their customers for another 65 years and longer. Call Kohles & Bach today for all your heating, cooling and fireplace needs!...

Green's Appliance Heating & Cooling

Greens Appliance Heating & Cooling, Inc. has been family owned and operated since 1958. Since then, Greens has become an icon in the industry and has earned a reputation in the Des Moines area for providing quality service with integrity and dependability. Our experienced and skilled technicians at Greens repair and install all makes, all models, and all brands of major appliances and heating & cooling systems.

Eagle Electric Inc

We are a small company located here in Ankeny. We offer skilled and efficient tradesmen to finish the task quickly and competently. We do everything from changing out light fixtures and ceiling fans to new home construction. Service upgrades and basement finishing are our specialties. As the owner, I am personally involved in each project we do. Call us for all your electrical needs.

Baenisch Heating and Cooling

10/22/2019

I recently moved and needed the gas fireplace checked out. The technician who came out was able to work on my Heatilator fireplace; when other fireplace service companies were unable to assist. He cleaned the glass, lit the pilot and educated me on proper use.

Description of Work
Fireplace check up

Category fireplaces

07/12/2017

Our A/C was making horrible noises. I was afraid that the compressor was dying, but Dan, the Kohles & Bach technician that came out, determined within a couple of minutes that it was only a bad temperature sensor switch and a redundant one at that, so it wasn't even needed. He removed it and the A/C is back working properly again! What a relief! Thanks Dan!

Description of Work
Repaired Central A/C

01/05/2017

Two people came to complete the service for approximately 5 hours. They left the area cleaner than it was before.

Description of Work
After Schaal was here, I solicited bids for furnace and I used Kohles & Bach for a new furnace installation.

07/05/2016

Exactly as many other online reviews have said - Rick Bach is extremely rude to customers who have questions or complaints. Rick yelled at me over the phone, used vulgar language, and said he didn't need to deal with ********** from ******customers.I called with a simple question. Amazing that they are still in business.

Category fireplaces

09/20/2015

They were at my home within an hour and had a solution within 15 minutes. Provided follow-up resources if I needed additional help. I have been using Kohles and Bach for 4 years, and I am very satisfied with their work and their professionalism.

Description of Work
Examined and diagnosed AC problem>

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

air conditioners, furnaces, geothermal, commercial heating, residential heating, central vacs, geothermals, fireplaces

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available