Window Genie of Iowa City

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2011

3116 Friendship St.

Iowa City, IA 52245

Exterior home maintenance services for windows, gutters, decks and fences. We provide concrete driveways and patios. We offer film for energy savings, comfort and privacy Our workers are bonded and insured.Call today for a FREE estimate.

08/30/2019

Ruth T.

They did a great job, he's very pleasant, thorough, efficient, prompt and they do quality work.

Description of Work
They did a window washing and glass cleaning service.

10/25/2017

Maura C.

Great! On time, polite. All looks great! Spent a lot of time.

Description of Work
Power washed house and washed windows inside and out. Coming back to do gutters after leaves fall.

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

08/24/2017

Donna H.

Outstanding. House sparkles, literally. Prompt in arrival, very professional in interactions with owner, prompt in communications by text, phone and email. Just needed to hook up to our water, and had all the tools needed to do the job which included some pretty high points on the house and chimney. Will be setting up biannual work on the house.

Description of Work
Washed exterior of three story house, cleaned exterior side of all windows including multiple skylights, and cleaned gutters

Category gutter cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing

08/04/2017

Andrea R.

Showed up 5 minutes early on the day that had been set weeks earlier. Within 2 hours the entire 45 windows had been cleaned. They look fantastic. The best they have looked in 20+ years. Really easy to work with and went over any spots that I saw after they finished. (There weren't more than 3-4 spots total.) No messes left behind. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Cleaned around 45 windows inside and out. Had to take off windows in the inside to reach the outside windows.

06/12/2017

Barbara D.

I have used Window Genie before and have always been pleased. The mixture they use is wonderful. The dirt rolls off the outside windows when it rains, so they remain clean longer than any other company I have used. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Windows washed inside and out.

05/31/2017

Jacklyn H.

Did a nice job. There was some streaking on a few of the Windows on the outside glass. Promptly came and re-did them. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Inside and outside Windows cleaned plus screens.

05/16/2017

Sarah U.

They were responsive, punctual, fair priced and the job was done well.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning of 2 story house.

05/11/2017

Birgit C.

The gutters were cleaned by hand. The cleaner worked from the roof. The debris was collected in bags as the cleaning went on. All downspouts was checked for proper function after the cleaning of the gutters. Nothing was damaged, and everything was picked up after the work was performed.

Description of Work
Cleaning the gutters of a two-story house

02/16/2017

Gale K.

I liked everything, the young man who was doing it I had to have him redo a couple of various cause I'm very picky but he did and he was smiling so that's fine. I would recommend them actually, their very thorough and very professional.

Description of Work
They did outside and inside.

01/26/2017

Teresa S.

They were very nice and respectful, and they did a good job. I have never had this service done before to know how to compare the price. I really had no idea what it would cost, but it seemed a little high. That being said, I am willing to pay more for someone who is pleasant and communicates with me.

Description of Work
Gutter screens cleaned and downspouts checked. Also changed 4 floodlights while they were up there.

11/15/2016

Elizabeth N.

As far as I can tell, the job was done satisfactorily and they got the work done when they said they would. There was a mixup on invoicing, but that may not have been the company's fault. Price was high compared to my handyman rates, but it was worth it to me to get the job done by someone able to get up on a ladder to do it.

Description of Work
Window Genie cleaned gutters at one of our rental houses.

04/13/2015

Scott C.

Keith was prompt, friendly and efficient. The windiws are beautifully ckean.

Description of Work
Window cleaning. Inside and out

Category window cleaning

Thanks [member name removed]. Pleasure meeting you and working for you. Let us know when we can help again.

10/23/2014

Jacklyn H.

Cleaned inside and outside of windows. There were several streaky windows but they came back and fixed them. Would use them again.

Description of Work
Cleaned inside and outside windows

07/16/2014

Barbara D.

Completed the job in less than an hour and the windows were cleaned nicely. Very pleasant too.

Description of Work
Washed all my windows (20) inside and outside.

06/10/2014

Allen M.

This is the third time we have had Window Genie come to our home and clean our widows. Each and every time the quality of service is spot on. Whether you have 15 windows or 30, the quality is still the same. They take special care in order to not cause any damage to the home or the windows. They ensure everything is cleaned up after they finish. They are very reasonbly priced and the service is prompt. They are at your door when they say they will be there.

Description of Work
Cleaned the windows of our home.

04/21/2014

Marlene A.

It went very well. They were very efficient and were done within an hour.

Description of Work
They cleaned all my windows inside and out. They only did the basement windows on the outside because the basement was a mess.

04/16/2014

Satish K.

It went well except that after washing windows were left to air dry rather than 'mop dry'. So, there were some water drop spots after air drying of the windows. I might use them again but with full understanding of what I expect which includes mop drying of windows so that the water spots will not be there.

Description of Work
Power wash windows and deck.

Category window cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing

01/06/2014

Douglas A.

Got the windows clean, some minor streaking in final product! Not a deal breaker, very minor.

Description of Work
Exterior window cleaning

12/15/2013

Keri N.

They did a very thorough job. I will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
I had windows washed both inside and outside.

12/05/2013

Nancy F.

The service was not bad. I ended up spending more than what I had purchased the big deal for because I had the fellow who came out do additional windows for me. He was very friendly and he took down the curtain rods that were still up in the house to get the cleaning done without being asked to do that. His work was very good for his price and he was right on time. I would absolutely use his service again in the future.

Description of Work
I used the big deal that I purchased from Window Genie of Iowa City for window cleaning.

11/01/2013

Jeffrey M.

Prompt and responsive in setting the time for the cleaning. Windows look great. Totally professional.

Description of Work
Washed inside and outside of most windows in our house.

10/31/2013

Frank G.

The only problem I had with this service is that I felt deceived by the Big Deal ad on Angie's List. At the top of the page it said "Interior and/or exterior Window Cleaning." Then, in small print it mentioned that the cleaning was of window panes, not the whole window. Most of my windows are double hung, so I thought "wow, I can get 30 exterior windows cleaned-most of the windows in my house." But no, I only got 17 exteriors cleaned (they threw in two additional ones, which was good). Keith the owner was very responsive and nice.

Description of Work
Cleaned 17 windows on the outside.

08/16/2013

STEVEN F S.

He was very quick and efficient wih the estimate. Very punctual. His work was thorough but not slow. I have young children and he had to step around a Lot of toys to get the screens out. He was done in time for my young children to take a nap in the afternoon. We think our house and windows look great.

Description of Work
All our outside windows and power washed one side of house.

01/14/2013

Elizabeth K.

They did a wonderful job. They did it quickly.

Description of Work
They cleaned my windows inside and out.

11/27/2012

Nancy F.

The gutters on my ranch style home needed to be cleaned and flushed, and I wanted gutter guards installed to keep leaves and twigs out of the open gutters. Keith was exceptionally helpful in showing me samples of gutter protection covers, in several grades. I decided on the top grade. He cleaned the gutters and downspouts, and did some minor repairs (sealing a hole and repairing a bent corner on the gutter), and installed the gutter covers. I also had him power wash and apply sealant to my cedar deck. I was very impressed with the work. It was done in a reasonable time. Keith took the time and effort to make sure that the existing gutters were in good shape and ready to take the installation. Everything was done while I was at work, and the area was completely cleaned up. During the work, he found that some gutter spikes needed to be replaced, and did so. Keith offered to absorb the (minor) cost, but I chose to pay in full.

Description of Work
Clean gutters and downspouts, install gutter covers. Power wash and seal cedar deck.

Category gutter cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing