Dudley Brothers Company

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2008

3576 Dolphin Dr SE Ste B

Iowa City, IA 52240

Family-owned & operated since 1977. We are a full-service remodeling company specializing in Curb Appeal....

10/24/2016

Arlene M.

The work was completed on the date specified, and the workman cleaned up everything. They are very conscientious and we have used them several times over the years.

Description of Work
Dudley Brothers replaced a skylight and waterproofed some large windows.

Category egress windows, skylights

09/21/2016

Amy P.

Never happened. Loren seemed really nice, then vanished. I'd call and ask when the guys were coming to do the work, and get promise after promise, and months and months went by. Eventually he said he was sending someone, and I leave my house one Friday and see him working on the soffit siding, a little part of the job. Great, I think -- it'll be taken care of. I get home after work, it's not taken care of -- and then I find he's padlocked his ladder to my gate for the weekend and tossed some of my stuff in my neighbor's yard. I called him and told him to get come get his ladder immediately if he didn't want the police coming for it, and never to come back to my house. Then I called Dudley and said they weren't to send anyone else, either.

Description of Work
Deck repair and stain; replace a bit of fallen soffit siding.

Category siding, deck cleaning

06/02/2016

Maura C.

Description of Work
There were some miscommunication on time, but they apologized, and maybe not enough workers at my job for the size of it, but I think hiring contractors, these things are expected. But the person that fixed my windows was great. Great work/trustworthy. Hopefully having more work done by them.

08/13/2015

Joan F.

Description of Work
They have been replacing windows for me for years. Before that, they did the siding on my house. They do excellent work.

07/30/2015

Ruth B.

They never bothered to contact me. They never even gave the project a chance at all. When you're not wanting to communicate that's a type of communication too.

Category basement remodeling

07/08/2015

Katherine J.

The new siding was beautiful and very well done. We are very happy with the finished product and the quality of the actual work. However, the crew often did not show up on days that we were told they would show up. There was extremely cold and bad weather, and we did not expect them to show up on those days. But there were almost two weeks of good weather when no one showed. The overall progress was much slower than anticipated. We were initially given a two week time frame. The supplies were delivered to our house the first weekend in February, and they sat untouched for two weeks. The project was not completely finished until mid March, which was much longer than anticipated to not be able to use our driveway or garage. Also, the crew left nails and sharp shards of scrap siding over our porch, driveway, and porch - most of these (but not all) were cleaned up at the end of the project, but we didn't feel safe letting our children outside until we thoroughly cleaned up. The crew also smoked heavily and left cigarette butts all over our property, which weren't cleaned up. I am impressed with the quality of the siding, and might use the company again, but I would not use the same crew.

Description of Work
New Siding, soffit, gutters, 2 new windows

01/14/2015

Angelina K.

Description of Work
I contacted this provider about some siding that was ripped off the underside of my roof during a storm we had and was banging against my roof. I made multiple calls, it was obviously not of great interest to them, I guess it was too small a job. finally someone agreed to come out to look at the damage and assess the work, I signed a contract for the work to be done, the price seemed reasonable. They stated they would come about a week later, then did not call to confirm, I then called again for a date, that was set, they said they got delayed with another job, I complained that they could have had the courtesy to at least advise me of delay and then the person on the phone in my opinion got annoyed with me that I was complaining about their lack of customer service and suggested that I seek another vendor.

06/18/2014

David K.

Description of Work
I needed a window worked on or replaced. Set up inital visit and was hopeful by what I was told it may be able to be repaired and not have to replace it as it is a large main window. But follow up visit by actual techician that was suppose to happen the folowing week never happened. I called back the following week, three days later got a call and HOPEFULLY he can come out this week. Certainly worth the wait if they are willing to repair the window instead of replace.

06/18/2014

Gale K.

02/16/2014

George G.

The team made a careful estimate and took time to answer our many questions. The work was excellent, completed on time. There was no need for call-backs. Job was done in 2010 and siding and windows have performed well.

Description of Work
Replaced siding on a 2-story house and replaced several specialty windows.

Category drywall, siding, replacement windows

Thank you for your review, [removed member name]. Very happy to hear you are satisfied in every way. We truly appreciate your business!

01/21/2014

Kathy R.

Workmanship is always excellent. We have used this company before for small projects. They are busy so you will need to be patient for Dudley Bros. to get to your job. However, we have found them worth the wait. They will give you a bid in advance and are very professional - there are no surprises.

Description of Work
Built extra support under walk-out deck to support a hot tub. Also, completed calking and repairs around garage doors.

Category replacement windows

Thank you, [removed member name]! We are very happy to hear that you liked the job we did! We pride ourselves in honest, complete, and 'no surprises' estimates. We apologize for the backlog -- your patience was very much appreciated!

01/21/2014

Vincent R.

During part of the renovation, Dudley Brothers discovered that the air ducts were oddly shaped and caused an obstruction with the new shower basin. They were able to have air handling contractors build a dedicated duct that could handle the air flow and accommodate the new shower basin. The attention to detail was impressive. For example, part of the framing behind the walls we reenforced so that the existing grab bars could be moved slightly but still support the weight as intended. The painting and finishing was so well done that I am still wondering whether they painted the whole bathroom as opposed to the construction area. The crew is polite, highly professional, and attentive to the needs of the client. I will contact them again this spring for yet another project.

Description of Work
This was a small renovation project that included replacing the standard tub with a walk in shower.

Category home remodeling

Thank you for your review, [member name removed]!! It was a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

09/13/2013

Jane M.

Provider was prompt and saw right away that it was just something that had become misaligned where the latch and lock met with the hole that the deadbolt and doorknob mechanism were supposed to meet. He just moved the metal plate down where the latch and lock go into and it was fixed. Probably took about 1/2 an hour. A weight was lifted off my shoulders when I saw the bill. I had been thinking that it would be hundreds of dollars to realign the door frame.

Description of Work
I have a door to my garage that was blowing open every time there was a moderate to strong south wind. It would even happen with the dead bolt lockedIt was so bad that I had to lean a chair against the door every time there was a wind from that way. The pets kept getting out into the garage and poking around in things that they shouldn't. I was afraid that that the whole frame would have to be worked on.

Category doors

Thank you for your 'A' review of our company, [member name removed]! We were happy to help! Let us know if we can help you with any further projects. It was a pleasure serving you!

08/03/2013

Sandy H.

They are very professional, really nice. They did a great job.

Description of Work
They put in our original skylights and then just replaced them two weeks ago when it was needed. They also did the inside framing of the skylights.

Category skylights

04/15/2013

Shella J.

Owner was in routine contact. Carpenter always arrived at expected time, was very respectful of our home. Cleaned up at the end of the day to keep our small kids safe. Work was thorough, carpenter was able to anticipate problems so they could be corrected with the least amount of disruption (ie drain needed to be lowered prior to installing sink base).

Description of Work
Soffit moved. Cabinets installed. Wall shortened. Patio door replaced.

Category drywall, replacement windows, home remodeling, doors

[member name removed], thank you for your review of our company! We enjoyed working on your remodeling project, and truly appreciate your business. Let us know if we can be of service to you again in the future!

03/23/2013

Matt M.

Well.

Description of Work
Lorin Dudley met with me, looked at my house, and provided an estimate for vinyl siding. I had a very good impression of Dudley brothers but ended up going with another contractor. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with Dudley, though.

Category replacement windows

Thank you for your review, [member name removed]! We are sorry we were not able to do business with you this time, but hope you keep us in mind for any further projects.

03/04/2013

John G.

See above

Description of Work
Services will be performed in FEB2013 on a 1919 arts and craft style home. 14 window replacements Vinyl to two dormers and fascia. Will report at completion. Update 4March2013: So far excellent workmanship and detail. Windows are in... outstanding insulation and sound deadening. Currently crew is working on fascia and dormers depending on snow storms. The fascia and beam work looks better than I ever imagined. Will update upon completion.

Category siding, replacement windows

Thank you for your 'A' review of our company, John! We truly appreciate your business, and that you took the time to give us such a wonderful rating. Let us know if we can help you with any further projects. It was a pleasure serving you!

08/16/2012

Gary M.

Moving the big section of the deck took a few days and a lot of workers, and it went smoothly (to my amazement). The deck railing replacement had some delays due to parts availability. My only quibble was that the new deck spindles could have been sanded before installation and one of the mitre cuts was a bit off.

Description of Work
We hired Dudley Brothers to make a major modification to our existing deck, which involved moving one massive deck component to a new location away 100' from the house. Frankly, I didn't know how this move could be accomplished at all, but Dudley Brothers came up with an ingenious and effective plan and made the move successfully. They also replaced the existing deck railing with a modern cable system and built a small staircase.

Category deck cleaning

Thank you for your review, (Member name removed)! Moving your deck was a fun endeavor! Our company takes pride in thinking outside the box with projects like yours. It was a pleasure doing business with you, and we hope to serve you again in the future

03/09/2012

Jane S.

Excellent service, both in advance and on the job. The finished product continues to look and work great. It was nice working with well-established local company with ties to the community. I also had Dudley Brothers do some roofing repairs in the fall, and they're coming back for some follow-up repairs to a skylight this spring.

Description of Work
New front door and windows installed; new locks on all doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you, and we look forward to continued collaboration on any of your needs!

Griffin Painting Pros

Griffin Painting Pros is a family owned business. My husband and I have started this business the beginning of this year. My husband has had 20 plus years as a painter and I have had 2 years. We do interior/exterior painting. Staining of decks and/or painting. Repairing of holes in drywall and also texturing. We are fully insured and listen to what the customer wants and needs are. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We are hear to help beautify the home/business that you have worked so hard to own.

Energy Nerds

Energy Nerds know about everything to do with saving money and making homes more energy efficient. We can supply insulation, windows, attic ventilation, solar power, and even paint to save you energy. We perform free energy audits. We are passionate about energy efficiency and believe our reputation is the savings we create for our clients. Our motto is to conserve, create, and prosper! Company Website: https://howtoinsulate.com

Offers by Energy Nerds on Angi
    Barahonas Construction LLC

Offers by Barahonas Construction LLC on Angi

Check, Financing Available

Siding (vinyl, steel, stone), windows (double hung, basement egress, casement), doors (entry and storm), porches, patios, skylights, decks, kitchen & bath remodeling, additions.

Roofing, window tinting